PDA

View Full Version : Dungeonscape

JamesT
2014-09-05, 10:40 AM
Are you guys following this? I'm pretty excited for the upcoming iOS release.

http://www.dnddungeonscape.com/

pwykersotz
2014-09-05, 01:34 PM
I'm certainly excited about it! I love online resources. I just hope they design it with extensibility in mind. In 3.5 it grew frustrating to generate perfectly reasonable characters that were far beyond normal sheets and programs.

JamesT
2014-09-05, 01:45 PM
They seem to be looking at this not just for immediate use but to be maintained as the game is updated. They are also talking about customization options as well for the player, and this is a resource planned to go far beyond character creation.

Definitely read the FAQ and blog, along with comments.

EternalHobbyist
2014-09-05, 08:27 PM
Looks like I will have to pay for every book, though. Which sucks, since I will already be getting physical copies of most of them. This means I will have to pay double for all the game resources if I want to have access to all the digital stuff.

Other than that, looks really good, I hope it doesn't get quite as sprawl-y as the Insider stuff did for 4e.

Zweisteine
2014-09-06, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the link! This was mentioned at my Adventurer's League table, but I forgot what it was called and couldn't find it!

This will be a great resource, if they do it right, and it looks like they're doing it right to me!

EDIT:

Looks like I will have to pay for every book, though. Which sucks, since I will already be getting physical copies of most of them. This means I will have to pay double for all the game resources if I want to have access to all the digital stuff.
Though this will suck. Quick! Look through your PH and make sure there isn't a unique code you can use to put it into the app!

Yeah, that's be nice. I hope they don't make you buy everything twice... Maybe they'll include book-only stuff without descriptions...

JamesT
2014-09-06, 08:28 PM
Pricing model will be announced soon. From what I have read, there should be various options to decrease the cost burden for limited users.

EternalHobbyist
2014-09-06, 10:24 PM
Pricing model will be announced soon. From what I have read, there should be various options to decrease the cost burden for limited users.

What I've seen so far indicates the "options" are pretty much limited to "bundles", which to me sounds like I might be able to get the Core 3 for only $100 instead of $120 or something similar. And it looks like we won't be able to share books that we buy, either.