PDA

View Full Version : looking for help with my rogue/cleric

Coec
2014-09-05, 04:02 PM
I'm currently in a 3.5 d&d campaign loosely based off of the module "keep on the shadowfell". It's our second time through this dungeon because we had a major party wipe and so it was easier to just restart.

My character is a chaotic neutral tiefling (la+1) rogue, but we struggle with staying alive even though we have an assimer cleric, human fighter, and tiefling wizard (moonlighting as the dm).

Talking with the dm it would be beneficial to either die and recreate the rogue as a cleric, but who wants to do that? The only other option is to multi class into a cleric role.

Based on the way I've played my rogue, I can easily roleplay into the cleric. What I don't know is what feats and domains I should take. We will still need a skillmonkey, which I believe would still fall into my lap based on the rest of the party's makeup and how they play.

My stats are roughly str: -9, con: 15, dex: 19, int: 20, wis: 16, cha: 15.

Current feat taken was martial weapon proficiency.

I should also note that we are sticking to the cute books: phb, dmg, and the forgotten realms campaign book. So no bone knight sadly. I've tried convincing my dm because my rogue had been taking unique skulls as trophies from their victories.. :)

Thanks in advanced for all the help.

Phelix-Mu
2014-09-05, 04:12 PM
You should ask your DM if you can take the feat Sacred Outlaw, from Dragon. I know it is outside your allowed books, but your character is merging two fairly non-synergistic classes, so a theurgy feat would not at all be overpowered. The feat lets you stack cleric and rogue levels for determining Sneak Attack dice and cleric turning powers, IIRC. It takes cleric/rogue from pretty low-op to moderately more playable.

backwaterj
2014-09-05, 08:38 PM
Let's not forget what pouring some of your overabundant skill ranks into Use Magic Device can do. Wands of cleric spells go a long way! Not so useful on the turning front, but as a multiclass cleric/rogue you're never going to be super-effective there (assuming you don't just level as cleric from now on or get the okay on Sacred Outlaw).

Domainwise, Trickery has a lot to offer, and Travel and Celerity are both useful for mobility. Given that you have a pretty good idea how the cleric transition can happen, you likely have a deity (or at least a short list) in mind. Check their domains and see what's usable and in character.

Palanan
2014-09-05, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Phelix-Mu
You should ask your DM if you can take the feat Sacred Outlaw, from Dragon.

Is there anything like this in Pathfinder? Because this is exactly what I need for my own rogue/cleric.

Phelix-Mu
2014-09-05, 09:23 PM
Is there anything like this in Pathfinder? Because this is exactly what I need for my own rogue/cleric.

My Pathfinder knowledge is sadly non-existent. Sorry, maybe someone else knows.