Entry
Author
1st Place
2nd Place
3rd Place
Total
MLTSP Votes
MUE Votes

Divine Blade (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17762168&postcount=10)
Malonkey1

Nightmare Priest (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17767018&postcount=12) Additional Resources (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17771567&postcount=14) Supplemental Materials (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17964979&postcount=22)
gr8artist

Endena (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17767593&postcount=13)

spikeof2010

Zealot (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17792530&postcount=15)

Adam1949

Arboreal Hunter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17808151&postcount=16)

3WhiteFox3

Relicbound (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17808310&postcount=17)

Milo v3

Biblios (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17834938&postcount=18)

dragonjek

Priest of the Seven (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17840750&postcount=19) The Seven (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17840755&postcount=20) Universal Blessings (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18055002&postcount=23)

Phillammon

Scholar of Rovagug (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17842322&postcount=21)

MrNobody

Welcome one and all to the Voting thread for the twenty-sixth Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition! We have nine wonderful entries for you to peruse over, but only one will end up taking home the gold!

Now, the way the voting for this competition works is as follows:

You receive five votes to cast.
The first three votes are to be given to the entries that you believe should come in first, second and third place respectively. First place votes are worth seven points, second place three points and third place one point each. Keep in mind that such choices should go to the entries that you believe fit most closely to the given concept of the contest and not just the entries you like the most.
The fourth vote is to be given to the entry that you believe is "Most Likely to See Play". This vote is cast for the entry that you could see yourself allowing as a DM or you could see yourself wanting to and being allowed to play at an actual game session by your DM.
The fifth vote is to be given to the entry that you believe is the "Most Unique". This vote is cast for the entry that you least expected to see made for this competition and that stands out the most compared to it's peers.
You may apply all types of votes to the same entry (but you of course cannot select the same entry for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place), but doing this does not better the chances of that entry winning anymore than if you selected three separate entries.
Once you make your vote, that's final. You can not take it back or change it. The first vote I see and tally on the scoreboard is how it will be until the end of the voting period.
Entrants are not allowed to place any votes for their own entries.
Please give reasoning for why you selected an entry as the recipient of any of your votes.
Please Bold your choice for each vote.
In the case of any ties I will cast the tiebreaker vote.

The voting will remain open through September 16th and the winners will be declared September 17th.

Phillammon
2014-09-07, 01:37 PM
Let's get this show on the road!

First Place: Nightmare Priest!
What I really liked about this entry was its commitment to both its own theme and the more general divine theme. The class is entirely centred around becoming an avatar of fear itself, and it takes the ball and runs with it as fast as it can go- I particularly liked the horror reserve mechanic, in this respect. I was also impressed by the breadth of the entry, and of course, that picture is beautiful. Not that that affected my choice.

Second Place: Relicbound!
This is another entry that really impressed me with breadth, though mechanically it felt slightly weaker than the nightmare priest, having spread itself a bit to thin in my eyes- hence placing it second. One thing I really liked about this entry in particular was the indirect nature of the divine link- the Relicbound themself is not bound to a god, but the Relic is- which could lead to all sorts of fun with, for example, a Chaotic Neutral scoundrel wielding a Lawful Good relic that's desperately trying to teach the scoundrel the god's ideals. Sort of a buddy cop movie in a class, if that makes sense.

Third Place: Rovagug's Scholar!
I admit it, I have a special place in my blackened, frozen heart for eldritch monstrosities, and Rovagug is no exception. Mechanically, this archetype impresses me inasmuch as it manages to give Wizards fun class features without making them (even more) horribly broken, and thematically I really like the concept of what essentially amounts to Rovagug seeking out pacts with wizards. In short, good marriage of concept and mechanics, to my eyes.

Most Likely To See Play: Zealot!
Much as there are some really cool complex entries here, simplicity has its place too, and Zealot is a solid, simple entry. It's another case of "it knows what it's going for and runs with it", it's a warrior paladin with more focus on warrior and divine fury. It's exactly what a War or Wrath domain paladin was looking for in the first place, and... it just works!

Most Unique Entry: Biblios!
This one was a toss up for me between Rovagug's Scholar and the Biblios, but in the end, a race who have enslaved their own god and print his true name on their skin? That feels completely out from left field, and I absolutely love it.

gr8artist
2014-09-08, 10:51 AM
First: Biblios
In addition to interesting mechanics and a fun backstory, you have a solid race with enjoyable features and a total adherance to the theme. Well done all around, there's not much more left to say.

Second: Priest of the Seven
This was a close one, as I like both the AH and the Pot7 a lot. I feel like the Pot7, even with some overpowered abilities in its arsenal, is more refined and cohesive as an entry, and he gets some bonus points for the "champion of a pantheon" theme that I really liked.

Third: Arboreal Hunter
As I said, this was a close one. I love the flavor and feel, and I want to see this fixed up a little. Some of the spells felt a little lackluster to me, and I think that's what put Pot7 ahead of you.

MLTSP: Zealot
Yes. I love classes and PrC's that make multiclassing more fun and viable. There's a PrC out that works for monk/pally hybrids and I really liked it, and the idea of adding barbarian into that is amazing. I would like to see some wording cleared up, I think there are some terms that cover your bases better than what you have now. I go through dozens of edits and rewrites on my abilities, so I'm kinda' a stickler for terminology and lingo, but other than that this is probably the one option that I can definitely, easily, see in play. Zealot almost made my top 3, but in a few ways its almost a less-divine paladin than the standard smitebot, so I thought it'd make more sense to give you accolades somewhere else.

MUE: Scholar of Rovagug
As mentioned, the idea of making the Arcane caster have a Divine patron earns you some awesome flavor points. The archetype, I feel, is a little weak compared to other wizard options. I still love the concept and I would love to see it in play in an organized setting, but I don't feel like balance and adherance were quite enough to land top 3, and the wow factor wasn't quite enough to beat the Zealot, but you're my runner-up in each category.

dragonjek
2014-09-12, 06:16 PM
1st - Relicbound
I've always liked item-themed classes, and this one is very well handled. I also like how it has a more indirect connection to the theme than the other options.

2nd - Priest of the Seven
You've made a pantheon priest be... well, nearly everything a pantheon priest should be. Nearly. Although I understand the need for balance, I also feel that not drawing power from all 7 of the Seven, not just five. And not adding the remaining 6 sin domains seems a little... odd.

3rd - Nightmare Priest
It is both mechanically and thematically fascinating. Lovecraft- and Nightmare-themed homebrew are amongst those I enjoy the most.

Most Likely to See Play - Nightmare Priest
I think its potential for villainous use, by player or (more likely) by DM, doesn't need to be spelled out here.

Most Unique Entry - Scholar of Rovagug
Like I said, I enjoy lovecraftian monstrosities, and Rovagug is one par excellence. The divine user of arcane magic thing is also of great interest to me, as is the nature of the Destroyer's Envoy

ShiningStarling
2014-09-13, 11:41 AM
1st Place: Nightmare Priest

Fear incarnate, but also still quite tied to the divine, big old "Heck Yeah" to that, lot of detail on this too.

2nd Place: Biblios

Always a sucker for words of power, plus the whole "binding their god" thing, very well done, also different bonuses for different favored classes are quite... interesting.

3rd Place: Relicbound

This blew me away really, if the preceding entries had been a bit weaker, this would have taken 1st for sure, maybe even with just a bit more detail.

MLTSP: Biblios

Tough choice here, but I feel the Biblios is the easiest to understand, it comes out of the box with a clear instruction sheet rather than a small booklet, easy to understand, faster to play, so most likely.

MUE: Priest of the Seven

With a lot of strong contenders in the contest, this one unfortunately got just below Relicbound to me, still a great entry, and the pantheon Idea was something less explored in this contest, I thought it was unique.

I have to say, this contest I felt had the strongest entries of the contests I have read through, kudos to all!

MrNobody
2014-09-16, 11:41 AM
1st place: BIBLIOS. Fact 1: Both as a player and as a DM I've always been interested more in divine than in arcane magic. Fact 2: i fell in love with Illumians (D&D 3.5, races of destiny) the first moment i saw them. Fact 3: you mixed up the two brewing a great race with a great background and LOT of options.
Result: you deserve the first place.

2nd place: NIGHTMARE PRIEST. A huge, terrifying cocktail of fears and horrors, well build, interesting, would be the perfect PrC for a recurring enemy that comes out every now and then just to torment and depress the players!

3rd place: PRIEST OF SEVEN. Taking inspiration from the 7 sins is always a way to come out with cool classes! Good fluff (expecially The Seven), cool abilities: i only feel like it would have been slightly better allowing it to get all the 7 gords as patrons.

Most Likely To See Play: ZEALOT. Solid, simple, well balanced a white little pearl in an ocean of huge entries. And the idea of playing a raging paladin has ever amused me!

Most Unique Entry: RELICBOUND. Many have tried to approach the item-bound warrior theme and many have failed, but not you! Unique, well built: almost got you the 3dr place but then Priest of Seven won. So I felt it would have been good giving you this vote!

3WhiteFox3
2014-09-17, 09:44 PM
First Place: Biblios
I don't usually fall in love with races unless there's a lot of supplemental materials for them. In this case the awesome flavor and commitment to the theme really made me like them a lot. For once I have found a race that I care about more about the flavor and backstory than the mechanics which is something few PF races have done.

Second Place: Nightmare Priest
Huge amount of material, very interesting theme, it is very well written and very nicely polished (something that even Paizo can't seem to consistently do). The only real reason that this is second is because I loved the Biblios that much and that the Biblios felt just a little fresher.

Third Place: Priest of the Seven
A cool class concept that while expansive and very interesting feels a bit too full of options, I almost wonder if this wouldn't have made for a good base class entry. Regardless, this makes for a grand entry and a strong PrC for a BBEG or Lieutenant, the story possibilities are strong.

Most Likely To See Play: Priest of the seven Makes for a perfect plot hook with one of the cults. 'Nuff said.

Most Unique Entry: Relicbound
[I really want to like this class, but I am wary of just how it would work in actual play. It's a very ambitious concept, vut I'm not sure how well it is mechanically put together as it feels vague about some points (For example, what's the difference between Scribe Sword and Brew Blade, exactly?) But I can't deny its uniqueness.

Tanuki Tales
2014-09-22, 09:44 PM
This Voting thread is officially closed and the winners in the Twenty Sixth Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition have been decided!

First Place - Biblios
Second Place - Nightmare Priest
Third Place - Relicbound
Runner Up - Priest of the Seven

Most Likely to See Play - Zealot
Most Unique Entry - Scholar of Rovagug
Judge's Choice - Scholar of Rovagug