PDA

View Full Version : Astral Constructs combine!

MCJennings
2014-09-06, 12:30 AM
So, houserules are allowing me to have a maximum of two Astral Constructs as a Psion Shaper.

More to be flavorful than efficient, I'd like to create two large ones, that somehow combine mechanically (Locks, clips, Screw-on-threads etc). I realize their turns and every thing about them are still separate, so it'd be a glorified piggy back ride... But I wanted to double check that I could indeed do this? Create one astral construct of a lower body and another of the upper? The lower body taking Trample and the upper taking extra attack to be ideal, and the lower having it's turn just before the uppers.
I don't see the weight listed for astral constructs, so would the lower be within carrying capacity?

Obviously this next one would be up to the DM, but would it be balanced to then treat it as one Huge creature?

If it helps your imagination, think of Might Morphing Power Rangers, Gurren Laggan, Transformers, or any like show as a young boy growing up. :D

Flickerdart
2014-09-06, 12:35 AM
The only way you could do this is if you made a Large and a Medium construct acting as mount and rider.

Forrestfire
2014-09-06, 12:35 AM
It would likely work like mounted combat, so as long as one is smaller than the other (and the larger one is of a form capable of carrying the other), then they'd be able to ride just fine.