PDA

View Full Version : E6 Mystic Theurge

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-06, 09:23 AM
So what I want is an E6 Wizard 1/Cleric 2/Mystic Theurge 3. 5th-level cleric casting, 4th-level wizard casting. I know how to get the early-entry for wizard spells (Precocious Apprentice), but is there any way to access 2nd-level divine spellcasting with two or fewer levels in a divine casting class? With Precocious Apprentice, I will have one 1st-level feat and one 3rd-level feat remaining, assuming human.

Cruiser1
2014-09-06, 09:26 AM
With Precocious Apprentice, I will have one 1st-level feat and one 3rd-level feat remaining, assuming human.
Use Sanctum Spell, and you can increase spell level for both arcane and divine (Wizard and Cleric) at the same time.

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-06, 09:32 AM
Use Sanctum Spell, and you can increase spell level for both arcane and divine (Wizard and Cleric) at the same time.

Oooh, that is a good one. It does require another metamagic feat, though, and I'm not sure which other one I should grab.

Is there any way for me to meet the required 6 ranks in Knowledge (Arcana) and Knowledge (Religion) earlier than 3rd level? The sooner I can get into MT, the better.

Ruethgar
2014-09-06, 01:06 PM
Depending on your interpretations of bloodlines you could get 6 ranks as low as character level 1, but 2 would be safe. Also note that technically Precocious Apprentice does not limit the bonus spell to a certain class so you could pick one up that's on both lists at the same level and qualify for one feat instead of two. But Sanctum is a safer route.

Edit: Also Elven Generalist Wizards benefit more from Sanctum than Precocious.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-09-06, 01:33 PM
Get a minor bloodline (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm), take one bloodline level between Wizard and Cleric. Bloodline levels don't increase your character level, so it won't count against your limit of six levels, but it does increase your max skill ranks. Go Cloistered Cleric 1/ Bloodline 1/ Wizard 1/ Mystic Theurge 4 and get 3rd level spells in both classes.

re_e
2014-09-06, 02:01 PM
If variant rules are allowed you can try the Journey of the Two Tests (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/campaigns/testBasedPrerequisites.htm#mysticTheurge). With luck, or optimization, you can pass the test at 1st level.

Troacctid
2014-09-06, 03:37 PM
Easy mode: Play an Illumian and take Improved Krau. Choose one spell from each class (or a spell that appears on both lists).

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-06, 04:30 PM
Thank you all for all the suggestions! I'll look into all of them in-depth when I get a chance to and decide what I would most want to take.