PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5 Rise of the Runelords

Vahhn
2014-09-06, 01:38 PM
First day of autumn, 4707

Sandpoint, Light of the Lost Coast (http://www.cartographersguild.com/attachments/finished-maps/40943d1325540322-sandpoint-dummies-sandpoint-small.jpg)
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/214364/Sandpoint_view_jpg.jpg

The city rises early on this day. The sound of the preparations for the festival can be heard throughout the streets. Carts with goods are being moved around, taverns are busy preparing the food, stands are being assembled in the festival area. The festival happens uptown. The town is often thought of as two districts by the locals. Uptown consists of areas 1-12. Most of these buildings are relatively new, and the streets are open and less crowded (Not during the festival though). This section of town is also physically above the rest, situated on a level bluff overlooking downtown, which consists of areas 13-46.

The sight that proves most striking to visitors of Sandpoint at first is the ruins of the Old Light. The original height of this tower is unknown, but those who have studied the ancient architecture of the crumbling remains estimate it might have stood more than 700 feet tall. Today, less than a quarter of that remains. The Old Light rises from sea level and is built into the face of a 120-foot-tall cliff, with the tower extending another 50 feet above that level to culminate in ragged ruins. The remaining shell is yet another reminder that neither the Chelaxians nor the Varisians are the first settlers of this land, yet apart from a few badly weathered carvings signifying that the peak of this tower once held a brilliant light, no insight into the tower's true purpose remains.

Around two hours before noon the opening ceremony of the festival will happen at the plaza near the Cathedral (Map: Opening in front of Cathedral at church street). After the opening festival stands with goods and the traditional festival games in the plaza and the streets nearby will entertain the crowd. At noon the Swallowtail release will be performed in the plaza and food will be served for free. When the sun starts to set the consecration of the Cathedral will happen and the bonfires will be lit, with music and food until late at night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You slept in one of the rooms nearby the Sandpoint Cathedral (Area 1 in the map). The accommodations are simple, but comfortable. A young acolyte serves you food and passes a message from Father Zanthus to you: "Karash, sorry for not being able to have breakfast with you today. We are arranging the last preparations for the Swallotail Release, and it must be carefully attended to. After that event at noon I will gladly join you for lunch and we can chat a little and I can show you around the Cathedral. At Sunset we will perform the consecration of the grounds, and we would be happy to have your presence for that task."

Having never seen the sea you direct yourself to the cliff nearby the old light. The view, together with the crumbled ruins at your side is simply breath taking. You could easily spend the next hour until the opening ceremony taking the scenery in.

You wake up at the Rusty Dragon (Area 37 on the map. Risa's Place is Area 13). The smell of food permeates the entire building. When you reach the tavern area, breakfast is being served and you can see the inn is very crowded. But most of the noise comes from the kitchen - there seem to be too many people working there. Ameiko (http://pathfinderwiki.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/0/03/Ameiko.jpg/250px-Ameiko.jpg) (She is not using those clothes now obviously) is a retired adventurer and owner of the inn. She goes back and forth from the kitchen back to the tavern, shouting orders to cooks and talking to the guests.

She comes to your table eventually: "My, I didn't get to give you a good look yesterday - She says eyeing you - It is your first time in town right? I would never forget such a pretty face. The festival starts in about 2 hours... I hope to see you there - she adds winking.

The consecration of the Cathedral had happened. The sun was setting, the bonfires were being lit. A well dressed gnome gets on the stage and say: As you all know I'm Cyakad Kurskod and today I'm here to say that I've brought an attraction directly from Magnimar! I present to you .... Gerbo Timbers! The town applauds merrily, you take the stage and start singing the song you composed. Your father calls you: "Lad!" - "Not now dad, I'm singing!" - "Hey Lad!".....

The smell of lobster flows into your head. You recognize the small servant's room Jargie Quinn, the owner of the Hagfish (Area 33) offered you for the night. "There's some bread, cheese and ale on the table over there. Help yourself - will be needing the room". You see Jargie and a dozen people bring over a whole haul of lobster already boiled. "If ya don't know the festival starts at around 10. I'll be finishing the chowder here - Should be there before lunch."

The bread is a little hard, but still way better then most of what the taverns in Magnimar gave you after your performances. You have around an hour after you eat before the start of the festival.

The smell of good food is very strong when you finish your daily prayers. The White Deer is very close to the northern gates (Area 3) of the town and your room has a beautiful view of the Varisian gulf. The building is new and impressive - three stories tall with a dozen of rooms that can accommodate a small family each. A pair of wooden life-sized deer, carved with painstaking care from white birch, stand astride the entrance. You go out to the tavern and you can see that there are many guests in the inn. A few youngsters attend to the tables and by their looks you can see three of them are Garridan's children.

The owner comes to your table personally and offers you a good looking breakfast. You can also smell Venison being roasted on the kitchen. "Hope you had a good night's sleep? The Festival starts in about an hour, and we will be there serving Venison for lunch. If you are inclined to stay in Sandpoint a few more days after the festival, We would be happy if you stayed with us." He serves you breakfast and leaves, so that you can eat in peace.

You wake up and have breakfast with Brodert (http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/84957/Brodert_Quink.jpg) in his house (Area 8) as have been the last few days. "You probably heard about it in town, but today is the Swallowtail Festival, first time in 5 years. It is a tradition of the Varisian people that lived here before we built the town, and since many of them still live here the festival ended up being part of the town's culture. It should start in an hour more or less, and almost all the town's important people will be there, including myself. I think you should go too."

"I'll be giving a lecture to whoever is interested about the old light in the afternoon. Nothing you shouldn't already know, obviously. Also they will consecrate the new Cathedral. I'm not very religious, but the town invested many resources in it, I want to give it a look. There is an old monument inside of the Cathedral - Since they will be reopening you will be able to see it. It is very interesting."

He will start getting ready after you eat.

You rise early today. The preparations for the festival will take up most of your morning. The Brewery (Area 39 in the map) will be offering most of the ale that will be consumed during the festival. Since it would be free, Gaven had agreed with Mayor Kendra (http://pathfinderwiki.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/4/48/Kendra_Deverin.jpg/250px-Kendra_Deverin.jpg) (I don't remember if I told you, but Kendra is Gaven's cousin) that he would water the ale more then usual.

After you help them load the Ale in the casks and wagons, he says: "Well Hope, thanks for your help. You've been working very hard and you deserve a break as we agreed. Don't worry about the work today, I will be distributing the ale with the others. You go have fun and enjoy the festival with your friends - and give my regards to Temperance. I'm glad she is getting better".

Your friends had agreed to meet you at Hannah's (Area 45). As is usual, Hannah is not on her house when you arrive. The elven cleric of Gozreh is on the wilds nearby the city, making her prayers to the god of nature and gathering herbs to make medicine. Your friends are there, waiting for Temperance to get ready.

Melquiades
2014-09-06, 03:27 PM
"Thaaaaank you Jargie!", Gerbo says as he jumps out of his bed. His stomach is starving for food, but right now he's just thanking the gods that nobody heard or saw his dream. That could be really embarassing... Sorry Pa...

As Gerbo eats his bread, he realizes he's pretty anxious about today's performance. If there was one thing he already learned in his life was that first impressions have the bad habit of sticking to people, so he couldn't screw this up, or else he would need to find another place to start making his name. It shouldn't be a problem... Just a few minor adjustments on my song and I'm ready to go.

He walked to the door and thanked Jargie for the meal again. It wasn't a long walk until the square and most of it was throught the Main Street. It was a pleasurable sight, the kids running after each other, excited about the special day they had ahead of them. Others getting out of bed still obviously drunk from last night and prepared to cure their hangovers with more alcohol. Gerbo was fine with that. It was another technique he had learned from the humans.

The square was still a bit empty, but he could already see the merchants setting up their tents, and the smell of food being cooked in some of them. He wondered if he would be able to taste Ameiko's food, the interesting woman and Rusty Dragon's owner he met last night. I hope her food is not as spicy as she is. I hate spicy.

Gerbo decided to sit on the ground and rehearse his song mentally for a while.

Falka
2014-09-06, 06:09 PM
After a good night's sleep, Orianna cursed to herself the very fact of leaving bed. Even though some time had passed in her life since she started to enjoy the more reliable, mundane comforts that cities and towns had to offer, sometimes she would get too carried away by them. It was hard to leave such a cozy bed, especially early in the morning. But she had a plan, and this time, she wanted to just stick with it.

While giving some thought to recent events and mostly drawn by the smell of warmed food, she went to the tavern. She sat on a corner, not really feeling like mingling with the crowd. A couple of men showed up and threw eyes at her - she returned a cold glare, enough to suddenly drift their interest way. Soon, people just stood far away from the girl's table. She ordered breakfast, a simple meal and just minded her own business.

That, until Ameiko showed up.

She raised up her gaze to meet hers with slight suspicion. Sweet honeyed words followed by an invitation. Orianna tried to read the woman's intentions as she watched her, trying to see something under that layer of niceness.

"Heh, you're quite the flattering one, aren'tcha? Yes, I'm new around here, and actually... Maybe you could fill me up with something interesting?" She glanced around for a moment. "Ye know, heard some stuff's going around... Oh, yeah, the festival? Yer damn sure I'll be there." She added with a small grin.

The woman was kind of... weird. She couldn't explain what exactly, but it made Orianna feel a little bit unsettled.

WarBrute
2014-09-06, 08:25 PM
Karash

A tall and young half-orc stands at the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean. The morning sea breeze tousles his short, neatly trimmed black hair. In his hand he turns over a palm sized wooden disk. On one side is a carved stag standing proud and defiant and the other side is a slumbering boar. The same stag and boar appear party per bend on his sleeveless, brown and olive doublet that he wears over a full set of chain armor. He lets go of the disk and lets it hang from the simple sliver chain that he wears around his neck. He takes a deep breath, feeling his lungs with the salty air and lets it out with a long sigh, leaning on a massive, crudely made battle ax. "I have never, in my life, seen anything that is both as awe inspiring and as unsettling as this." He speaks aloud with calm and leveled tone. "What about you, Baron?" He apparently asks the dun colored donkey that stands next him laden with bags. "No? Well, we are both still quite young." He stands silently for another several minutes.

Karash Krygar turns his back to the sea and looks at the town, "I understand this festival attracts a rather large amount of people. More people in one place than either of us has like to see before. We shall steel ourselves for what it brings." He begins pacing back down Tower Street. "Who knows? It might even be enjoyable." He makes a right turn at Main Street, and heads towards the docks.

Ramsus
2014-09-06, 10:11 PM
Sole Chalice gave a grunt of appreciation for her food and then took her time eating it, just because she actually could for once. Then she went to her room and donned her armor and grabbed the rest of her gear, aware, as she always was, that things could always take a sudden unexpected turn and that the worst carrying all your gear would do was build up your stamina for another day where you would need it.

She left the inn, wondering if she was getting odd looks for her arms and armor or for her unusual look. She had known other humans and the other races had different hair colors and that white was actually far from the norm, but still she found it surprising at just how much variety there was. And the lack of other people, aside from the very old, sharing her white hair made her feel a bit alone.

Deciding that she would have enough time in crowds once the festival began, she decided to walk through the cemetery so that she could soak in the silence for a moment and to make sure there was nothing amiss.

Vahhn
2014-09-07, 09:11 AM
While you sit down on the plaza mentally researching your song the preparations for the opening event starts. A stand is already there in front of the Cathedral, and people start gathering. Rich people, a man who seems an important official of the town.. then you see Cyrdak Drokkus! You saw the Sandpoint Theather yesterday. Grandiose building - bigger then most of Magnimar's theathers. Cyrdak is one of the most influential Theather Patrons in the region. Getting to know him would surely be good for you!

"Great." She says with a smile. "Come by our stand to get some food for lunch then?" She winks again and leaves for the kitchen. You hear her shouting again and seems like they're preparing to move the stuff to the festival place. The opening ceremony is about to start, people are leaving the inn and heading uptown.

As you head downtown you can see many people going to the festival. The opening ceremony is about to start, if you stay too long in the docks you will surely miss it. You get a good look on the town's harbor:
(Karash is looking at the docks - I will post the description out of the spoilers so that everyone can see it):

Sandpoint Harbor is a modest-sized natural harbor, 30 feet deep for most of its expanse, with sharply rising slopes near the shore. The languid waters of the Turandarok River wind down from the hinterlands, skirting Devil's Platter to empty into the harbor. the river is often used to transport lumber harvested far upriver down to the local sawmill. South of town rises another bluff on which Sandpoint's most affluent landowners have staked their claims.

You walk around the cemetery. The town isn't very old, so there aren't many graves. Weirdly the oldest graves seem way more weathered then the newest ones. And there are far many graves from 5 years ago. You see a few crypts - presumably for the noble families. When you are inspecting a little more a young boy comes to you: "My lady, the festival is about to start. There will be many people in the region - and food and drink... - Father Zanthus asked me to close the cemetery so that the festival people don't come bother the graves."

Beige
2014-09-07, 09:23 AM
The morning had been frantic – According to Gavan's cousin, mayor Kendra, the Two Knights Brewery had 'graciously' offered to provide the drinks for the festival, and as such the morning had been a rush of readying casks, cleaning tankards and preparing to serve a whole city - but walking down Rum Street, Hope couldn't keep a smile off her face; She'd always loved the swallowtail festival, and it was rare that she and her friends got a day off together, so today would be a day to remember.

Even as she got near the healer's house, Hope could hear Roger's booming laugh from down the street, and was greeted by the big man's ruddy face as she opened the door, his large figure swarthed today not in a militia uniform but a gaudy if ill-fitting pink shirt. Stepping into the healer's house beneth the bough of leaves that adorned the door-frame, Hope got A warm smile and a nod from the taciturn Brigg leaning against the far wall, before she was swept up in a warm hug by Alanis, the brunette having gone all out today in an emerald green dress that sparkled with the sunlight. Hannah – as usual for the mornings – was nowhere to be seen, and from the cluttering in the kitchen, Hope could guess where Temperance was.

“Took you long enough. We where starting to taking bets if Mr Deverin had you working the festival all day” said Roger, before glumly reaching into his belt pouch and tossing a coin towards towards Brigg, who caught it deftly.

“Only you, Roger. The rest of us have a little faith!” called Temperance's gentle voice from the room over “I'll be out in a minute – just a couple of things to put in order”

“Don't take too long – I want to savour this day” replied Alanis, letting go of Hope - the Tiefling girl
took a deep breath now she had a chance - “Ready, Hope?”

“Yep, Gavan and me managed to get everything set up in time this morning so we have all afternoon, and hopefully the Ale's been watered down enough you won't be called on to calm people down." Hope said, smiling, her voice starting to pick up in speed as she continued "Nothing is going to ruin today – I plan to spend every copper I've earned the last year at the stalls, Eat until I can't move, and this year I'm dunking Old Gorvi at his stall even if I'm there all day.”

“Well, save some time for us as well, would you.” Teased Temperance as she stepped into the front room dressed in a high-cut brown dress, a cloak fastened with the symbol of Gorzeh around her shoulders, and more color in her cheeks than Hope could remember seeing for years – if not for the gloves she always wore, and the awkward way she held her hands, one would struggle to know not long ago her life had been critical “We want to spend some time with you as well.”

“Well, of course. I didn't mean, you know, I mean...” Said Hope, before her friends just started to laugh.

“If you ladies are quite done, shall we go?” Asked Brigg, holding the front door open. Laughing and chatting, the five of them headed off for the festival

WarBrute
2014-09-07, 11:00 AM
Karash and his donkey walk along the docks for a short amount of time. Glancing up at the sky, the half-orc realizes he has been wandering longer than he thought. He turns up Festival Street,"Come along, Baron. The Father has worked hard on the releasing of the swallowtails. It would be rude to miss." He rounds the corner and strides up High Street. He does his best not jostle anyone and keep The Baron close at hand as he hurries along into the square. "Good, I don't think we have missed it."

Ramsus
2014-09-07, 02:46 PM
"Father Zanthus is clearly a wise man." Sole Chalice replies to the boy and moves to leave the cemetery. She then goes to see if she can get some of the venison that they had been cooking at the inn and perhaps a drink or two as well. In fact she was looking forward to seeing all the different food and drink they had. Sandpoint might not be a large city, but it still boasted a far larger population than she had seen in any one place in her entire life.

As she is leaving she asks the boy what deity the church serves.

Vahhn
2014-09-08, 12:18 AM
"Father Zanthus is clearly a wise man." Sole Chalice replies to the boy and moves to leave the cemetery. She then goes to see if she can get some of the venison that they had been cooking at the inn and perhaps a drink or two as well. In fact she was looking forward to seeing all the different food and drink they had. Sandpoint might not be a large city, but it still boasted a far larger population than she had seen in any one place in her entire life.

As she is leaving she asks the boy what deity the church serves.

The Cathedral is very big and has 6 shrines - Erastil, Abadar, Desna, Shelyn, Gozreh and Sarenrae. Father Zanthus is a cleric of Desna and is the main religious figure of the town.

Vahhn
2014-09-08, 12:29 AM
Everyone gathers in the square in front of the church. A stand was built in front of the church's entrance. Mayor Kendra Deverin (http://www.imarvintpa.com/Imagery/d/1053-1/Mayor+-+Kendra+Deverin.jpg) is the first one to speak:

"Welcome everyone. We are very happy to receive all of you - citizens and foreigners - in our festival! There will be many stands with games and food. The food and drink will all be free, courtesy of the taverns and Sandpoint's Mercantile League!" - You all hear cheers from the crowd - "Even our resident workaholic could manage to tear himself away from work and be here with us! What a day! Thank you Larz!" The crowd laughs in amusement - except Larz, the owner of the town's tannery (Area 14) - which is open on every day of the week. "Let us bury what happened in the past and celebrate the return of this joyous festival!!"

The next one to speak is Sheriff Hemlock (http://psociety.wdfiles.com/local--files/belor-hemlock/belor.jpg):

"Well, have fun everyone, but please be careful around the bonfires and with all the drinks. Let's not have incidents during our festival. I'd also like to request a moment of silence for everyone that died 5 years ago. The mood of the crowd goes down a bit with the Sheriff's speech, but they respect the moment of silence.

The crowd is in an uncomfortable silence when the next speaker goes up the stand. The man that comes up is very well vested and the crowd seems to love him:

"Well, our dear patron mister Lonjiku Kaijitsu was scheduled to speak next, but he was feeling unwell and could not come today." - Nobody seems surprised - "Which brings us to this point. After long 5 years of beneficent events, donations, extort.... er I mean taxes our town reaches this point. We have finally gathered the money to complete this lovable Cathedral. And the first festival in years to commemorate its consecration. As you all know I'm Cyrdak Drokkus and I bring to you an attraction directly from Magnimar! I present the famous diva.... Allishanda!" The woman goes up in the stage for the cheers and applause. "So have fun today, and come see our new play tomorrow (Sandpoint Theather - Area 23): The Harpy's Curse with this lovely actress in the main role!"

Father Zanthus (http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/238418/Zanthus.jpg) is the last one to come up and says: "Thank you all for coming, and let's start the festival!"

More information about the festival in the OOC thread

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Swallowtail Release:

About an hour later, at noon, Father Zanthus returns to the square pushing a cart with a few of his acolytes. He tells a story of when Desna's Avatar was badly wounded fighting the goddess Lamashtu and fell to Golarion. The Avatar was found and nursed back to health by a blind child. To express her gratitude Desna transformed the child into an immortal butterfly, so that she could explore the wonders of the world for all eternity. He then proceed to release hundreds of Swallowtail Butterflies from the cart that cause a furious storm of color spiraling into the air - to the amusement and cheers of crowd. Throughout the rest of the day the children spend much of their time trying to catch the butterflies - which prove to be too fast for them usually.

Ramsus
2014-09-08, 01:30 AM
As soon as Sole Chalice notices the strong arm contest she bee-lines straight for it, knowing she would be remiss in her holy duties if she didn't engage in this public testing of mettle. Against a half-orc no less, surely a worthy opponent by the looks of him.

She watches as the few who got there ahead of her try their luck and don't seem to come close to making the half-orc break a sweat, though she thought the sailor just before her might have done so if he hadn't been already somewhat inebriated (which raised questions of its own which fortunately weren't hers to seek answers to).

Once it was her turn she sat down and introduced herself, "Good day to you Gorvi. I am Sole Chalice of Charoth's Spirit, a cleric of Trudd, God of Strength. I will not hold back as I hope you will not." As she speaks she removes the mailed gauntlet over her right arm and the places it on the table.

[roll0]

Vahhn
2014-09-08, 07:08 AM
Gorvi is a Shoanti Half-Orc covered in tattoos. He is middle-aged and somewhat fat, but his arm strength is undeniable.

"Hah! Been a while I've been challenged by a holy person! This should be fun!"

You two struggle for several seconds, neither giving in. The half-orc realizes he can't beat you without using his full strength and try his best against you. He beats you - but it was a very good fight. You realize he wasn't going all out against the townsfolk.

"That was a very nice one! Sole Chalice wasn't it? Strange name, but real strength. You excuse me while I go get a drink. Another one of these in a row and I'll end up losing!". You hear the people nearby commenting that it had been a while since they saw Gorvi needing to rest so soon.

A Dwarven man arrives and offers you a mug of Ale. He smells of cut wood and coffee and you can see he has the hands of a craftsman. "Been a while since I've seen Gorvi break a sweat like that. Name is Aesrick Battlehorn, and I'm a carpenter. It's nice to see so many outsiders in our town. How do you like the festival so far?"

Beige
2014-09-08, 12:16 PM
Hope stood by the White Dear stall, watching with a smile Roger trying to force his large frame to the front of the crowd, and see if he could order before being pushed back. Seeing an opening in the throng, she slipped inside and called to Garridan with a smile - and soon was walking away with 4 orders of peppercorn venison in tow.

She called Roger back to help her carry the food, before finding her friends sat at a table nearby, Alanis and Brigg waiting for the food while Temperance had a simple herbal drink she'd bought herself before her. Taking her seat, Hope dug in eagerly whilst eying the nearby game stands stands, thinking what to do next. Some people may prefer the Rusty Dragon's faire, but as far as Hope was concerned, those people didn't know what good food really was.

"Hope, We're going to check out the boutique" said Temperance after everyone was done "I want to get Hannah a present to remember the festival by, and I need to pick something out for you so you don't look as much like a Barmaid" Hope was going to protest, but Temperance had her determined face on, and Hope knew better than to argue with that "You'll have time to play games later. Brigg, Roger - have fun and prepare to be amazed."

"If your going to dress Hope up like a prime game, be careful around Bevaniky's Devil hunt stall - some of the visitors may confuse you with the target" said Brigg wryly, his dark hair and near black clothes ofset by a butterfly-decorated headband he had acquired somewhere - not that hope could say much about it as he had somehow acquired two more, smaller bands that rested on her horns. Hope resolved to just stick her slightly forked tongue out at her friend and head off.

going to the boutique

Vahhn
2014-09-08, 01:48 PM
Gaven, Hailyss and her brother Jasper Korvaski are good friends, despite the age difference (Gaven is 52, Hayliss is 33 and Jasper 35) - They are all devout followers of Abadar (Especially Hailyss). Hayliss was betrothed to Gaven's younger brother which was killed by chopper. Hailyss' sense of justice is much more ingrained then Gaven, and she is not afraid of making enemies in town to voice her opinions. She is a firm believer of redemption through work (as is Gaven), and she respects you and your friends for leaving the criminal life.

Hayliss: "Hello Hope, Temperance" She says bowing to you and your other three friends which she doesn't know the name. "I see Gaven and the Sheriff gave you all the day free today? That is wonderful. Look around! We have plenty of new stuff today." Here you also see Koya Mvashti, a woman on her early 60s, which dresses in bright blue colors with many layers and scarves. Koya is Madame Mvashti's daughter, the town's Harrow Reader (A kind of fortune telling, Area 28) and she is looking through the incenses and hats.

After a while looking through the dresses you will find one that is a good fit with some adjustments (which Hayliss can do overnight) that costs 3gp (common clothes are 5 sp) - which she agrees after a while to sell for 2gp. (Hannah has given Temperance 5gp. It is quite a lot, but this is Hannah's recovery gift to Temperance ).

edit - text was unclear;

Rokku
2014-09-08, 02:22 PM
"You probably heard about it in town, but today is the Swallowtail Festival, first time in 5 years. It is a tradition of the Varisian people that lived here before we built the town, and since many of them still live here the festival ended up being part of the town's culture. It should start in an hour more or less, and almost all the town's important people will be there, including myself. I think you should go too."

"I've actually been looking forward to the festival," says Ella, as she tucks into her breakfast, "these kinds of events often have historical significance, of course. I'll be taking notes."

"There is an old monument inside of the Cathedral - Since they will be reopening you will be able to see it. It is very interesting."

"I look forward to seeing it. Hopefully it will fill in some of the blanks in my findings so far!"

Once the festival begins, Ella spends time moving from event to event and stall to stall, asking questions about the historical significance of the various games and offerings, and taking copious notes.

Ramsus
2014-09-08, 02:39 PM
Sole Chalice takes the offered mug with a smile and answers, "This is by far the best festival I have ever attended." She of course neglects to mention this is the only festival she's ever attended.

She takes a hearty swig of the ale and says, "It is a pleasure to meet you Aesrick Battlehorn, I am Sole Chalice of Charoth's Spirit, a cleric of Trogg. Shall you accompany me while I get something to eat?" Barely after asking the question she begins moving in the direction of the White Deer.

Falka
2014-09-08, 04:40 PM
Although most of the things of the festival were nice, the redhaired woman wasn't really interested on indulging in most of the contests and childish games. Not that she despised them - oh, not at all! But she was curious about what happened to her yesterday and maybe she could ask around and get some quick answers.

She browsed through the food stands, though she wasn't really glancing at the food. Instead, she was looking for a person. Her eyes quickly switched and swept through figures as she looked for Ameiko. It was her chance, or so she thought to get to know how things worked around here and that woman sounded like she was... interested in getting to know Orianna.

Melquiades
2014-09-08, 06:16 PM
Damn, who is that Allishanda? I bet I sing better than she does... If only I had met Cyrdak earlier, I could be the one onstage!

Well, no use crying over the spilled beer... Gerbo decided that he should introduce himself to the distinguished man. But how could he make a good first impression? Hah, I bet that Allishanda can't match something that I have! Magic!

He proceeded to make an illusion of a bunch of little man -- about 1-foot tall -- dancing around him to his music, and approached Cyrdak playing his lute.

Cyrdak is a jolly good fellow,
Cyrdak is a jolly good fellow,
Cyrdak is a jolly good fellow...
And nobody can deny!
He doesn't like to pay taxes,
He doesn't like to pay taxes,
He doesn't like to pay taxes...
That makes him kind of an azzhole!

Hah! That will get his attention!, Gerbo thinks with a smile.

"How are you doin', mate? I thought you might be looking for some new talent for your theater..."

WarBrute
2014-09-08, 08:41 PM
After the release of the butterflies, Karash allows the crowd to disperse itself among the variety of stalls and games, before heading towards the cathedral. Karash approaches Father Zanthus as he and his acolytes pack up the carts from the butterfly release. "Father!" Kararsh calls out in his gruff voice, "What a beatiful ceremony. Desna herself is smiling down upon your town today!" He smiles up at the butterflies flitting along. "I feel privileged have witnessed such an honored tradition."

Vahhn
2014-09-09, 09:47 AM
In the curious goblin stand you hear from Chask Haladan the story about Sandpoint's foundation:

The city of Magnimar was settled by colonists dissatisfied with the strong reliance on Chelish support in Eastern Varisia, and before long the need for additional farmland grew apparent. To the south, the sloppy expanse of the Mushfens made farming difficult, so the settlers turned their eyes north along the Lost Coast. For much of its length, the coast offered little shelter, with one exception - a perfect cove about 50 miles away from Magnimar. A cove overlooked by a curious stone ruin.
The foundation of a new town is not a matter to be taken lightly, nor one to be funded by a single investor. Four powerful families from Magnimar had designs on the region, and rather than work against each other, they consolidated their efforts and formed the Sandpoint Mercantile League. These four families - the Kaijitsus (glassmakers), the Valdemars (shipbuilders), the Scarnettis (loggers), and the Deverins (farmers and brewers) - sailed north to claim their land after securing the rights from Magnimar. Yet when they arrived in the spring of 4666, they found the place already settled by a large tribe of Varisians.
Refusing to be set back, the Sandpoint Mercantile League began a series of talks with the Varisians, promising them an important place in the new township. Unfortunately, after a week of talks that seemed to be going nowhere, an impatient man named Alamon Scarnetti took matters into his own hands. Rounding up a group of his brothers and cousins, the Scarnettis mounted a murderous raid on the Varisian camp, intent on killing them all and leaving evidence to blame local goblins for the deed. Yet the Scarnettis, too drunk and overconfident, managed to kill only five Varisians before they were themselves forced to flee, leaving behind three of their own. The Sandpoint Mercantile League fled back to Magnimar, and in the months to follow were embroiled in the repercussions of Alamon's assault.
Magnimar's Varisian Council demanded punishment for all four families , but the High Court arbitrated a peace between them, in no small thanks to the remarkable diplomatic skills of a young bard and member of one of the families accused - Almah Deverin. Not only did she manage to assuage the Varisians' call for blood payment, she also managed to salvage the plans for Sandpoint by promising not only to incorporate the worship of Desna into the new town's cathedral, but also to pay the Varisian Council a generous share of any profits made by Sandpoint businesses over the course of the next 40 years. One year later, the Sandpoint Mercantile League began construction on several buildings with the full cooperation of the Varisian people. In the years since Sandpoint's foundation, the settlement has flourished.

"Hah, I am hungry myself. Let's eat!" You two manage to get two servings of venison not much long after. Aesrick says: "It is rare to find a Worshiper of my lords's son. I am a worshipper of Torag, but since I was small my life's call was the craft. I could not share the love of my brothers for carving stones and molding metal though. i always appreciated the smell, the responsiveness and life that wood has. Fearing my craft would not be appreciated in my homelands I left for the human lands, and thankfully I found this city, where it is not only needed but cherished. I am the master of the Carpenter's Guild (Area 24) and you are welcome to visit and talk if you desire."
A few moments later one of the men that spoke on the stands approach. "Hello Aesrick, my congratulations. All the buildings that caught fire 5 years ago are now reconstructed. And I must say they look even better then before. A toast to your skill!" Aesrick: "Sheriff Hemlock this is Sole Chalice of Charoth's Spirit, cleric of Trudd, god of strength and son of Torag. Also the reason why Gorvi's stand is closed right now." "Nice to meet you! I am Belor Hemlock, the town's Sheriff. Hope you enjoy our town and festival"

You head in the direction of the Rusty Dragon Stand. The line is big and crowded and you can see Ameiko talking to the people on the lines and the ones eating nearby, explaining to the curious about food. She sees you and not long after you hear: "Well, you all will excuse me, but all this talking about the food left me quite hungry.". Ameiko is a few years older then you (She is 24), and is obviously not from this continent. You've heard of Tian-Min, but probably had never met one of them personally. She attracts a lot of attention wherever she is. "I'm glad you decided to come! You must be quite hungry. I hate eating alone, wouldn't you like to join me?"
Assuming you accept: She leads you to an open spot near her stand and soon after she gets some of the food. "Now, I never got around to hearing your name..." OOC: Ameiko is definitely flirting with you and she will answer your questions. After a while of talk she will pull out her lute and play a song - to the enjoyment and cheers of the crowd.
A young man with blue eyes, long hair and bronze skin (obviosuly also a foreigner, his face resemble the tian somewhat, but not exactly) approaches you two: "Your song and food is as great as always Ameiko. And I can see that your as quick as always to get the interest of the most interesting travellers." He says smiling and complimenting you. "This is Vorvashali Voon - Vors - A good friend and owner of the Feathered Serpent (Area 44). Vors is a student of the arcane arts and a very pleasant company"

Your music attract the attention of many people around. Some of them shake their heads, but most laugh and applaud you. Cyrdak and Allishanda definitely heard, but they do not approach you. You hear a loud laugh behind you: "hahaha! That was a good one! You see a man - He kinda looks like a thug, and one of his incisor teeth is broken. I am Jesk Berinni! I have a tavern here in the town, Cracktooth's Tavern (Area 18), and we provide the real entertainment in this town. We even pay our taxes! he says laughing again. Why don't you come sing tomorrow? Let's grab a bite at Ameiko's and I can introduce you to someone."
Assuming you accept: You head to the Rusty Dragon Stand - the line is big but eventually you get some food: It is delicious. Ameiko was having lunch with a red haired woman. Soon after a dwarf approaches your table: "Ah Volioker - I'm sure you heard the gnome's song earlier. What do you think? I liked it. Volioker is our Locksmith (Area 9) and is one of the most enthusiastic patrons of the arts here in our town."
Volioker is a middle aged dwarf, easy to smile and to befriend (pretty rare for a dwarf). "Well, that was most interesting. Not many would have courage to sing that song with Cyrdak nearby. I'm sure that if your talents are real you might get big in the future. Hope to see you in Cracktooth's one day". Shortly after Ameiko interrupts everyone by playing a song. She is very good.

"Thank you very much Karash. I am very happy that a devout of Erastil is here with us. You see, our Cathedral has 6 shrines - one of each devoted to Erastil, Abadar, Desna, Shelyn, Gozreh and Sarenrae. Unfortunately we do not have any follower of Erastil or Shelyn in the town which is devout to the holy scriptures - Even though many of the townsfolk follow the deities, especially Erastil. So it is with great joy we receive you here for this ceremony. Let us have lunch. My acolytes have gotten some of Ameiko's food for us - but seeing your Shoanti traditionsyou might prefer Garridan's. If that is so, please get some food with him and meet us here for lunch."
Regardless of which food you are going to eat, I assume you take it and go lunch with the priest. Zanthus is young (he is 29), younger then you would imagine for the main priest of a town, but you can see by the way he deals with the people that he is used to being counselor. He must have gone through hard times judging by how at ease he is in his position and by what you infer from the troubles the city had for the past 5 years.
A man in his middle thirties approaches and Zanthus introduces you "This is sir Jasper Korvaski, and he will be joining us for the consecration. Sir Jasper was a crusader of Abadar, and a most devout follower. This here is Karash Krygar, follower of Erastil, and he has come a long way to join us for our ceremony in respect of father Tobyn"
"Thank you for the kind introduction Abstalar (Abastalar Zanthus is the cleric's name). Father Tobyn was an enlightened man. I'm sure he is happy seeing how our town recovered. I retired my days as a warrior years ago, and now I run the Sandpoint Mercantile League (Area 40). Should you need our assistance we will be pleasured to hear you. Excuse me - I have to oversee how the stands are doing."

Ramsus
2014-09-09, 02:33 PM
Sole Chalice shook the sherrif's hand with a "Well met Belor Hemlock. I intend to do just that." In-between bites of the venison, she says to Aesrick, "Well it seems your boldness has been rewarded. I hope that I will do Trudd honor as you have Torag. But for now I will be a bit softer than I perhaps should and indulge myself a bit more." Finishing with a soft laugh and having finished the venison, she gets up to seek out The Hagfish's lobster chowder, but then she pauses to say to the sherrif, "If you find yourself in need of a strong arm, I would be eager to help." and that having been said, she continues on to the next entirely new experience.

Beige
2014-09-09, 04:22 PM
Hope knew Hailyss well – she was a close friend of Gavan's after all – and so she was happy to see the tailor. She smiled as she entered “Good afternoon, miss Korvski – I'll have to take you up on that offer. I hope the day's been good for you”

Hope left Temperance to look through the dresses whilst she gravitated instead to the racks of accessories and scarves – giver her own appearance, hope had never had a problem drawing looks, so she'd always preferred to dress rather subtly – and immersed herself in these.

She'd soon spotted a scarf she wanted and, hearing Hailyss bargaining with Temperance, Hope decided to look around the rest of the boutique to kill time. The first thing she saw was Koya Mvashti, browsing the one section the horns atop her head had ensured hope had never had much interest in; the hats.

She decided to be polite and go and say hello whilst Temperance was busy – and if nothing else she could maybe get her fortune told.

"Good day, Mrs Mvashti. Enjoying the festival?"

Rokku
2014-09-09, 04:58 PM
Ella adds the occasional "Ah," and "Hmm," to the history lesson, but otherwise takes notes, and then continues to wander studiously.

Falka
2014-09-09, 05:37 PM
"Oh, yeah... I'd love to eat something." She drew a little smirk on her face, watching Ameiko's enthusiam once they met. Definitely, this one's weird. She was... too nice? It would be a way to describe her acting - and usually, nice people have hidden agendas. That was something Orianna always kept in mind.

She glanced at her features. They were strange, not the kind of sight she was used to. Admittedly, she was pretty and she knew how to get people's attention. Orianna noticed how people looked at them. It was kind of unsettling. Maybe she was just popular?

"I'm Orianna", she said as she was asked about her name. "Ameiko, right? Never seen someone like you... I mean, the eyes and all that." She gestured towards her own eyes. "Not that... Looks good, just different. I guess."

She didn't know what to say. She answered to Ameiko's flirting with mild enthusiasm at best, just keeping things friendly and not letting her get too caried away. As she got to know her a bit better during the chat, she felt a little more at ease, but always with her guard up.

However, once the man came over, her face changed. She glanced at his features. The long hair just added an extra touch to his already exotic outlook. She drew an amused smile as they were introduced, indulging in the flattering. "Oh, you seem interesting enough yourself. I'm Orianna, a friend. And the Arts, you say? What kind of Arts?"

Melquiades
2014-09-09, 07:21 PM
Your music attract the attention of many people around. Some of them shake their heads, but most laugh and applaud you. Cyrdak and Allishanda definitely heard, but they do not approach you. You hear a loud laugh behind you: "hahaha! That was a good one! You see a man - He kinda looks like a thug, and one of his incisor teeth is broken. I am Jesk Berinni! I have a tavern here in the town, Cracktooth's Tavern (Area 18), and we provide the real entertainment in this town. We even pay our taxes! he says laughing again. Why don't you come sing tomorrow? Let's grab a bite at Ameiko's and I can introduce you to someone."

"Oh, noble sir... I'm... glad you liked my song?" as they walk towards the Rusty Dragon's tent, Gerbo continues "... although it looks like Cyrdak didn't like it. I wonder why... Sure, I had to improvise a bit, I didn't make a song specially for him, but I thought that a man like him would be able to see the beauty of art made right on the spot... It's a shame.

Soon after a dwarf approaches your table: "Ah Volioker - I'm sure you heard the gnome's song earlier. What do you think? I liked it. Volioker is our Locksmith (Area 9) and is one of the most enthusiastic patrons of the arts here in our town."
Volioker is a middle aged dwarf, easy to smile and to befriend (pretty rare for a dwarf). "Well, that was most interesting. Not many would have courage to sing that song with Cyrdak nearby. I'm sure that if your talents are real you might get big in the future. Hope to see you in Cracktooth's one day".

"It's a real honor to meet and to receive such compliments from a patron of the arts, oh noble dwarf. Courage? Did I really upset him? I thought people in Sandpoint would have more sense of humor than in Magnimar... And, locksmith, huh? A curious profession for a patron of the arts! I hope you're not making too many locks, they say only a city with many thiefs needs them! HAHAHAHAHA!, Gerbo laughs at some joke that no one else seemed to understand, trying as hard as he can to win the sympathy of his new company.

This Cracktooth place doesn't have such a big name, but maybe it's a place to start...

WarBrute
2014-09-09, 09:26 PM
Karash follows the Father to their meal. "I would be happy to have the local fair, thank you Father. Part of my pilgrimage is to learn of and experience the variety of cultures Varisia has to offer." Karash digs in to the food trying to be as polite as his appetite allows. A half-orc of his size at his age never seems to feel full. Karash is happy to observe that a man as young as Father Zanthus is as successful as he is. At his own church back home the priestess Rhai was quite old. To see a man not yet 30 in a leadership position gave Karash some hope. As most know, orc blood leads to an early grave.

Karash extends a hand of welcome to Sir Korvisky, "I am honored to meet you Sir Korvisky." Karash says in a formal tone, "It was a crusade of Abadar that freed me from a short and brutal life among orcs."

After Korvisky leaves, Karash asks the Father, "I am curious... what happened to your town five years ago? I am sorry if it is an unpleasant subject. It just seems to me... that this is such peaceful place with such devout and loving citizens. What could have gone wrong? Was it goblins? I heard rumors that there may be some causing problems in this region."

Vahhn
2014-09-10, 10:58 AM
The Sheriff says: "Thank you for your offer, and hopefully we won't need your help. If you plan to spend time in the city and is looking for employment though, I'm sure the city guard has space for a warrior as mighty as you seem to be." On closer inspection you see that the Sheriff resembles Garridan, and if you are curious you easily hear they are brothers. Viskalai is a Shoanti surname but Hemlock is a chelaxian one.

The Hagfish's lobster chowder seems good - though obviously much less "special" then the White Deer's food. It seems many of the townspeople prefer eating food they eat regularly though, and so this stand actually have more people then the White Deer's. The Brewery's stand is nearby and you can easily grab some more ale if you want. The afternoon goes on calmly, while you visit the other stands.

Koya greets you. Unlike her mother she always was nice to you if you talked to her before. "Oh hello Hope. Buying clothes? I saw the dress that your friend chose. It will look adorable on you." She says with a kind smile. "I'm sorry if my mother was rude to you before. She is old and stubborn, and really dislike the....." She pauses a while. "Hm. not a subject to talk about in this good festival. She does know you all have changed, and if you ever desire I guarantee that she can do a reading for you." She spaces out for a bit looking to the sky. "Oh, look at the time! Excuse me, I need to go back to our house. If I don't take her some festival food soon I will be hearing about that for the next few weeks." She buys a hat, bids you farewell and leaves for her house...

"Vors is a wizard. Though he is much more entertaining then the bookworm you would expect from one. You should definitely visit his shop if you are ever feeling bored." "Oh you flatter me Ameiko. I will be delighted if Orianna wishes to visit it some time. Now you will excuse me, but I have to go pay a visit to Chask." He makes a weird bow, which you assume is a way of saying goodbye, and leaves.
"I am from Tian Xia, as is Vors - though the continent is big, and his people is very different from mine. We call ourselves the Tian, his people are the Vudrani."

After you eat and talk a while more Ameiko says: "I am sorry if I came off too strong on you. Being popular in a small town does not mean having a lot of close friends... Specially when you have a father like mine." She says with a sad smile. "I usually get too excited when interesting people come from other towns. I'm glad you accepted to have lunch with me. Believe me, it made my day." She gets up and gets closer to you (if you allow her). "I need to go back to the stand. They are hard workers, but there are too many people for them to handle. I hope we can be friends. Maybe more if you want." You see her blushing - and unless you give her an answer immediately, she leaves afterwards.

Jesk says: "Ah don't worry about that. I don't think he is mad. He is going through a lot of personal problems, and is quite irritable - so it would take courage to mock him a bit in public. But don't worry. He is not a petty person. If you wish to know him - if you do well in my tavern I'll ask Volioker here to introduce you to him".

Volioker: "You wouldn't know half of it! Those damn Sczarni. (The Sczarni are the Varisian Mafia - you know they exist, but you don't know much about them). You would believe those damn buggers tried to recruit me once? The only secret they'd get out of me is the key to my axe! (Volioker really doesn't seem much of a fighter... but he is a dwarf. Dwarven kids probably get axes as toys)." At this point Jesk is laughing out loud, and it seems people didn't pay much attention to Volioker's sudden outburst.
Then he says: "I value the arts. People underestimate the good it does. People need entertainment and a theater or some music is much better then the usual gambling and other stuff you usually get. This city is lucky to have Cyrdak, Jesk, Ameiko and others. Of course that there is gambling and thieves in this town - much less then any place I've ever been in Varisia before though. It was a pleasure meeting you." Volioker leaves soon after.
Jesk: "he is a bit crazy but as you can see he is the real deal. I always look forward to the festivals because to meet aspiring artists. It was a pleasure and I hope to see you in my tavern soon." Jesk shakes your hand and leaves.

"It was a dark time. You could feel the emotions of the city as if they were alive. A fire burned most of uptown, crimes were rampant... Father Ezakien died in the fire, which consumed the old church. And there was also chopper.... I was a young acolyte at the time, but the town needed help. All that is past now, and the subject is indeed unfit for the festival. If you wish to know more I can tell you afterwards."

"The goblins cause problems, but they are not a real threat to cities. There is even a small tribe of them that comes at night to our town to get the junk that Gorvi throws in the sea. They seem to be a pacific tribe - never caused problems for us before. We have a goblin expert in town - Daviren hosk, running the goblin toss stand - but he hates them too much to think clear. Shalelu should be coming back to the festival, and she is probably the best person to ask about them. It is a little weird she hasn't shown up yet - but she usually only visits town once a month. Maybe something important came up."

Vahhn
2014-09-10, 04:27 PM
Hope: Temperance is feeling very tired from the afternoon of fun. Brigg and Alanis will take her home, and wait with rest with her a little because she really wants to see the bonfires. They insist you stay (Roger stays with you) since you were having so much fun.

Ella, Karash, Sole Chalice, Gerbo: The consecration of the Cathedral will start soon. I believe you all wanted to see it for different reasons (Or take part in it, in case of Karash).

Orianna: The sun is setting, the square isn't so crowded anymore, there isn't anything else going on in the town - The bonfires will be lit soon. I imagine you would at least wait until that - more interesting things could happen at night...

A sharp sound, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun's setting rays color the sky. A stray dog under a nearby wagon starts to awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central stand, where a radiant Father Zantus has taken the stage, holding a weird device. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman's scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, strange new voices rise: high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human. The crowd breaks and something close to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around it, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices:

http://the-bunker.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Pathfinder1_022.jpg

Goblins chew and goblins bite!
Goblins cut and goblins fight!
Stab the dog and cut the horse!
Goblins eat and take by force!

Goblins race and goblins jump!
Goblins slash and goblins bump!
Burn the skin and mash the head!
Goblins here and you be dead!

Chase the baby, catch the pup!
Bonk the head to shut it up!
Bones be cracked and flesh be stewed!
We be goblins! You be food!

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sk7ShCa6D0T42uxjdofSEXHq7t1crD5hOOBcLyqALgM/edit?usp=sharing)
Goblins are obvious, T are Townspeople, Z is Father Zanthus.
Yellow are carts, blue are stands. Position yourselves on the green area.
Roll Initiative!
I'll be rolling group initiative for the goblins.
More info on OOC thread.

Beige
2014-09-10, 07:49 PM
The shrill song of the gathered goblins sent a heavy chill through hope's heart - Madam Mvashti's warning had rung true, and hope feared for her town. She was silently grateful she'd spent the time to head home and pick up the tools Gavan had trained her in, and that most of her friends had turned in early for the day.

"You had to pick today to do this? Can't we have one day to celebrate after everything. That tears it, your so getting stabbed. Roger, we have to help evacuate the citizens" she called to her friend, the militia member already in motion

taking a deep breath, Hope checked her rapier in her scabbard, resting her hand on the pommel as she sized up the invaders.

I'll go for E9 as a starting spot - it looks like a good square XD
Initiative: [roll0]

Melquiades
2014-09-10, 09:45 PM
Gerbo takes a look at Jesk at his side, who is probably running at this point, and says: "So... I guess this isn't part of the Festival? And what terrible song they are singing! That should be a crime against good taste!

Falka
2014-09-11, 01:07 AM
Orianna had had her fun today. Still wondering what to do, regarding Ameiko's offer, the sight of the goblins just added the cherry to the top of her satisfaction pie.

"Heheheh... This must be my birthday."

She walked a few steps towards the lot and aimed to the tents. Muttering a word, her hand suddenly caught fire - she closed her fist, channeling a bolt of arcane power. And then, she threw it to one of the tiny creatures that seemed to be merrily singing, as she added.

"You know what's better than a singing goblin? A singing goblin... on fire!"

Vahhn
2014-09-11, 11:23 AM
You all notice the goblins getting out of the carts. These wagons had been there for about an hour - From the stories you heard about goblins you can't imagine how they would organize something like that. With the death of the dog the nearby people start screaming, some run away, others are paralyzed with fear.

The brief moment before the battle is suddenly interrupted when a girl with auburn hair dressed in peasant clothes suddenly lobs fire at one of the goblins. The monsters are very nimble, but the bolt of fire hits him directly in the face - scorching his face so badly that you can barely see anything besides his teeth. He drops to his knees and falls down with a creepy smile, caused by the shrunk skin from the burns.

The goblin beside him seems surprised for a moment and then suddenly burst in uncontrollable laughter.
He says: That the funniest face I ever saw!

He lifts his shortbow to strike back at the girl, but he is laughing so hard that it gets in the way:
Goblin has disadvantage:
Attack: [roll0] [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]

The goblin behind the cart struggles to getup the cart from which he just came out minutes ago. He is using a weird sword, more junk then metal, and is smiling at you all as if he dared you to approach.

You all hear commotion coming from the northern gate. Other goblins singing and screams of panicking citizens. Father Zanthus screams the loudest he can. "Everyone run! They are coming from the northern gate, head downtown or to the old light... Quick! He jumps down the stand and start hurrying the people nearby."

Map updated - Next group, go ahead!

Melquiades
2014-09-11, 12:58 PM
Gerbo is surprised by the flames coming from the girl at his side. "Wow, miss. You sure know how to end a performance. I'm glad my music isn't nearly as bad as theirs!"

Gerbo spends a few seconds looking at the lute in his hand and the rapier hanging on his hip. Ugh, I've barely used this weapon outside of performances... It's mostly just for show, but maybe stabbing them is more effective than singing them to death? Just... use the pointy end, right?

It was a hard choice, but what he didn't want to admit is that he was scared by those goblins. He came to Sandpoint expecting a peaceful Festival where he could charm people with his art, and now those creatures were spoiling everything! And worse, they were harming the welcoming and good people of this town. Gerbo wouldn't allow that.

Well, she did drop one with magic. Mama always said I could burn people with my fiery tongue...

Seeing as the arrow almost hit the girl standing by his side, Gerbo chose his target.

"You little piece of stinking horse ****! Is that the best you can do? You better take this lady seriously or she will burn your face too! But maybe you won't mind, because that will definitely be an improvement to your current appearance, I've seen better faces on corpses buried decades ago!"

Gerbo does not move, afraid to get too close to those monsters! He does, however, use Vicious Mockery on the Goblin in F3. Will Save DC 12, I guess. (10+2 Charisma, 0-level spell.

[roll0]

If I succeed, he has disadvantage on his next attack next turn.

WarBrute
2014-09-11, 08:40 PM
Karash

The half-orc standing by Father Zanthus doesn't waste a moment when the goblins appear on the scene. He slings a sheath of javelins over his shoulder and charges towards one of the goblin-bearing carts. As he closes in he hurls a javelin at the nearest one.

Move action: Karash moves to O8 (30 feet)
Attack action: range attack against goblin at Q5

Attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

(+Damage IF critical [roll2])

Vahhn
2014-09-12, 09:14 AM
I might not be able to post later, so I will be moving Ella's initiative to the bottom after the next monsters. (I think it won't make much of a difference on this fight - but lets see)

G2:[roll0]

G4:[roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4]

G5:[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7] [roll8]

G6:[roll9] [roll10]
[roll11] [roll12]

Vahhn
2014-09-12, 09:37 AM
The gnome's words makes the goblin stop laughing. The mockery hurts. You can see the anger flaring in his face. Nearby the central stand a half-orc in chainmail throws a javelin at a nearby goblin. The javelin strikes the goblin, which spend some time trying to desperately break it. He manages to do so, and then runs towards the half-orc, swinging his sword, but misses.

The goblin just behind him tries to climb the cart. He struggles hard, but manages to climb it - though he looks ready to fall at any moment. He takes a shot at the half-orc with his bow, missing.

Another goblin walks towards the food stand. He glances at a human full armor and shield and shoots at her, missing. You can see he is obviously more interested in the food - which he starts stuffing his pockets with - then at the fight.

Nobody takes damage!
Map updated! The goblin nearby Karash looks injured.
Orianna, S. Chalice, Hope and Ella go ahead!

Beige
2014-09-12, 10:26 AM
Drawing her rapier even as she sped forward, Hope placed herself in-between the Goblin mounted atop the carts and the civilians below, thrusting her blade at the creature before her and hoping to topple it from it's lofty perch before anyone gets hurt

moved 3 squares diagonally (20 movement), then 1 forward to H5

stabbin' a goblin at G4
hit: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
crit damage: [roll2]

Ramsus
2014-09-12, 12:46 PM
Sole Chalice growls wordlessly, which apparently, you learn, it seems Trogg accepts as a valid incantation for the divine magics he grants, as she charges over to goblin who shot at her, effortlessly leaping atop the cart. As she moved a shimmer of light passed over her and her furs, hides, and skin seemed to gain a metallic light. Once atop the cart, she attempted to smash her warhammer down upon the goblin's skull.

Casts Shield of Faith, which grants +2 AC (which won't be listed on my sheet since it's just a temporary change)

Auto-pass DC 5 Athletics check to climb the cart.

Damage: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

Rokku
2014-09-12, 03:25 PM
Taken aback by the sudden chaos, Ella barely manages to stow her notes and draw her rapier before the goblins charge in. She dashes towards the nearest one, thrusting for the heart.

Thrust! 1d20+5 1d8+3 Sneak Attack! [roll0]

Rokku
2014-09-12, 03:26 PM
[roll0] [roll1]

Falka
2014-09-12, 03:32 PM
"Oh, you haven't seen the best", Orianna replied to the bard. She chuckled and drew an amused smirk as the goblin fell on the ground, his face completely charred. This was fun, she thought. Something inside her felt... good. She wanted more. She wanted to kill more of them. She couldn't help herself. She walked towards the group with a playful grin.

She pronounced a few words in the tongue of dragons. Her hand instantly burst into flame.

"Now, which one of you..."

She stopped and glanced to the scene before her. She aimed to a goblin that was standing by her left.

"You."

Moving from D9 to D5. I cast Firebolt and attack the Goblin in F3.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Vahhn
2014-09-12, 03:54 PM
G2: [roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

G3: [roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

G4: [roll8]
[roll9] [roll10]

Edit: Er... 1d26??! thats some crit.

In the middle of the confusion a young man screams to the tiefling which soon charges a goblin:

"Hope, I'm going to find the sheriff!". As you all intervene in the battle, Father Zanthus continue rushing the civilians to get out of there.

Vahhn
2014-09-12, 04:19 PM
The tiefling charges the goblin perched up in the cart. When she is close enough the goblin screams:
"You fell in my trap longshanks!"
and hits her with his sword. His advantage for being on higher ground gives him the needed positioning to strike in a point with no armor. He barely has time to celebrate his feat though, as the tiefling pierces him with her rapier and he falls dead on the cart.

The heavy armored human growls and you can see a brief moment of magic coming from her as she effortlessly run, jumps atop the cart and smashes the other goblin with her hammer. He instantly drops to the floor.

The sorceress walks a little closer to the closer remaining goblin and throws another bolt of fire in him. His laugh long gone though, this goblin evades the bolt, and even though he can't aim properly due to his rage he still hits the gnome which mocked him.

An elf swiftly moves through the battlefield and approaches the goblin fighting the half-orc, which distracted by his fight, does not see the blow coming, which pierces his heart.

The last goblin, happily chowing down the food on the stand turns back to see most of his companions dead. With his mouth still half full his jaw drops...:
"Crap."

Karash, Gerbo you're up!

Hope takes 8 damage!
Gerbo takes 4 damage!
Map updated.

Melquiades
2014-09-12, 06:50 PM
Ugh... been a while since I've been hurt this badly. Probably when I fell from that big stage in Magnimar...

Gerbo looked lost. Maybe his help wasn't needed here. The other people standing up against the goblins seemed very competent, dropping one after one. Maybe he should run, hide. But what if one of them died because he wasn't there to help?

Okay, what if this was a play? Those are just a bunch of small actors dressed up as goblins. My sword is a prop. No danger involved. There are people cheering for Gerbo, the main actor, the hero of the play. I just need to do as I rehearsed. The sword will go through his eye.

Gerbo runs ahead, positioning himself between the goblin and the girl. Yes, he would save the damsel in distress! (The gnome was trying to ignore the fact that his damsel had dropped a goblin already).

"HYAAAAAAAAAARGH!", Gerbo screams as he tries to hit the goblin.

[roll0]
[roll1]

WarBrute
2014-09-12, 07:35 PM
Karash (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=23574)

The half-orc's eye's dart over to the elf that fell the goblin and nods, "Stick with me elf and we'll finish the next one with ease." Without looking back he lifts his massive ax in two hands and charges towards the only goblin he can see.

Move to m4

Action: Melee attack with Great Ax
[roll0]
damage [roll1]
Crit damage [roll2] (Karash rolls an additional weapon die on critical hits with melee weapons due to "Savage Attacks"

Falka
2014-09-13, 10:47 AM
"Hells! Stop moving, ye bloody rat! Stand still so I can burn your face!" The sorceress cursed and sweared as the bolt missed, the sneaky goblin dodging it quite easily. She probably didn't count that he'd move, so she just threw the blaze without properly aiming for the creature.

"Thinking about singing some more? I'll give you a tune to think about. I call it... a Song of Brimstone and Fire."

Vahhn
2014-09-13, 02:42 PM
The sorceress misses her shot, and then starts taunting the goblin - as this is happening the gnome rushes to her side screaming, interposes himself between the two and strike him down with his rapier.

The half-orc approaches the last goblin, and swing his axe with full force. The blow was quite good, which just shows how nimble they are. He dodges the blow by very little, and fearing he might not be so lucky next time he flees as fast as he can. His movement is so fast that the warrior doesn't have enough time to hit him.
Goblins apparently can use disengage as a bonus action.

Father Zanthus approaches the tiefling saying:

Are you hurt Hope? He touches her mumbling a prayer to Desna and her wounds heal.
Zanthus heals you [roll0] hp

He says: "Thank you for intervening! Let that one flee for now, they are too fast. If you rush alone they might ambush you!" You all hear commotion coming from downtown. From the way it sounds seems like fighting is going on the bridge below the cathedral too.

"Damn, where are they all coming from! Sheriff Hemlock should be downtown, I will try to go to his aid. The militia are not prepared to fight goblins, they will need my help. You all seem capable, please go to the northern gate and help the guards fend off the invasion!"

With this he starts rushing downtown. In the middle of the way he turns back and shouts: "We will reward you of course!".

Ramsus
2014-09-13, 03:15 PM
Sole Chalice starts to chase after the goblin before Zanthus speaks, but stops at his words. "Very well, let's go then. Every moment wasted could be another life lost or home destroyed." she says loudly to... well she's not sure who exactly, she wasn't really paying too much attention to what the other people were doing, her mind so focused on the vile goblins, or who exactly was doing it, but she had noticed some people in the crowd had also fought the goblins. Regardless she charges off at full speed to the northern gate.

Beige
2014-09-13, 03:29 PM
"That's right, you better run... where there are... innocent people and... no guards. damn it that's annoying!" Hope shouted after the goblin as it started to run, considering reaching for her bow but seeing the creature was too far away.

Soon after, Hope saw one to the visitors who had helped repel the creatures run after it, shouting. She felt a smile form on her face even as she stopped for a second to catch her own breath, thankful to the father for easing the wound the goblin from before had given her.

A second later, she walked up to the gnome and the human woman who had fought near her "That was certainly something. You two looked like you where enjoying yourself. What do you say we help clean up the rest of these monsters, then I treat everyone to a drink at the Two Knights Brewery after it's done?" the last part was delived at a louder volume - with a little help from her cursed blood - "I'm Hope, by the way" she finished with a smile to those nearby, before following the priestess

thaumaturgy cantrip for tripple voice volume for a minute

WarBrute
2014-09-13, 03:36 PM
Karash nods to Sole Chalice "Together then, we must hurry!" He draws a fresh javelin from his sheath and, gripping it in his right hand, runs off in the direction of the Northern Gate.

Falka
2014-09-13, 07:41 PM
The man said a reward...

So, she could have fun and collect a reward? Marvelous. The day was getting better and better. It was, certainly, a good way to celebrate a birthday. Though hers was still two months early.

She also thought about chasing the goblin, but then she watched a woman heading after the critter. She chuckled. She knew better. The place was probably trapped around - if it wasn't obvious by now, the goblins weren't alone. They couldn't be this stupid, right?

She glanced at Hope. Were those... horns? What kind of freak was she? "Talk about irony, getting lectured by a hellspawn." She drew a crooked grin on her face. "Sounds good enough, though. Just don't get too much in the way if you don't want to get burned. Ye can call me Red".

She stretched and glanced towards the streets where the goblin had left, waiting for those around to decide their next action. She would react accordingly. The smartest choice, right now, was to stay close to a group.

Rokku
2014-09-14, 06:10 PM
Ella takes a moment to wipe her brow and sheathe her blade. Not save to run around with that sort of thing, after all.

"Professor Ellare Morgisthurne," she says, waving politely to the assembled defenders, "pleasure to meet you all, could have been under nicer circumstances though. I don't suppose we could try and capture one of these little blighters alive? I think they might have surprising insight into the Thassilonian civilization, and I'd hate to miss the opportunity to... um. After the town is safe, of course."

Melquiades
2014-09-14, 11:33 PM
"It's a pleasure, Hope. I'm Gerbo Timbers, I could tell you about my enormous list of nicknames so you could choose one to use, but I think this is not the most appropriate moment for that. Oh, and please excuse my new friend Red here, I'm sure she will work on her manners. She certainly didn't mean 'hellspawn' as a bad thing.", Gerbo finishes with a smile, that vanishes from his face when the pain of his wound brings him down to earth again.

Ugh, I have to take care of this, but it seems that we still have people to protect... My talents might be needed somewhere else.

"So, shall we proceed to the Northern Gate? I would hate to see some of our most hasty fighters die because of our chit-chat..."

Gerbo will follow everyone else. Yup, he's at 5hp.

Vahhn
2014-09-15, 01:06 AM
Karash and Sole Chalice follow the goblin closely. The goblin was flustered and was not able to dodge the flame from above. As you approach his body you see a a handful of bodies from the townspeople and a few dead goblins making church street a grim scene. On the front of one of the houses three goblins torture one of the town's citizens. Karash and Hope recognize him as Sir Jasper Korvaski which seems to be barely alive.

One of the goblins, holding a whip starts shouting orders at them when she notices you. From her you recognize one of the main voices of the horrid goblin singing you heard.
Enough with that longshanks! We got more to deal with here! At them you bastards!.
The goblins nearby Sir Jasper have junk swords and shields which appear to have been looted from the town guard. The singer goblin has a whip. Other goblins us shortbows, but you can see they have swords too. All of the goblins us leather armor. Battle Map is updated! Roll initiative!
group 1:[roll0]
group 2:[roll1]

Rokku
2014-09-15, 07:47 PM
Ella draws her bow and nocks an arrow as she approaches the scene, letting it fly to try and draw the goblins' attention.

Firing at the goblin in S-4 [roll0] [roll1]

Vahhn
2014-09-15, 08:31 PM
[roll0]
[roll1] - If attack is 13, 14 or 15
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Vahhn
2014-09-15, 08:38 PM
As you approach the goblins, Orianna and hope try to hit them from far away. The goblins make for hard targets though, and they have more then enough time to dodge. They don't seem to be very used to the town's shields though, those being too big for them. This shows as Orianna approaches and notices the difficulty the goblin is having, aiming a bolt on a spot that the big shield is too slow to protect. The fire singes the goblin which falls dead on the floor. Ella takes a shot at the other goblin, almost hitting.

The goblins near Korvaski sense the threat and rush to meet Karash and S. Chalice in combat. The first goblin comes straight at Karash, using his small stature to better position for a strike from below. The hit strikes true, this goblin (O7) seems to have seen a few battles before. The other goblin tries to do the same with S. Chalice, but he has no chance of getting past the woman's defenses. From up close you can see he (O8) is a little frail.

Karash takes 6 damage.
Battle Map updated!

The shields appear to be to big for the goblins. they get only 1 AC from them!

Gerbo, Hope, Karash and S. Chalice: It is your turn!

Ramsus
2014-09-15, 09:45 PM
Sole Chalice doesn't even pause in her forward charge as she, lethally, swats the two goblins in front of her and the other man out of her way.

((GM I'm just assuming they both are hit/go down based on what I've seen of other people's attacks against goblins. If I did so incorrectly tell me and I'll edit.))

Attack action. Using War Priest feature to take another weapon attack as a bonus action. Attacking goblin at 07 with both attacks, unless it dies from the first in which case the second goes to the one at 08.

Attack 1: [roll0]
crit: [roll2]

Attack 2: [roll3]
damage: [roll4]
crit: [roll5]

Beige
2014-09-15, 09:53 PM
Still remembering the sting of the last goblin's blade, Hope decided that the situation called for both discretion and valor, especially since she already had her bow in hand. Readying an arrow, she moved further up the street until she had a clear bead at the goblin that had been shouting orders and screeching that terrible song, and let fly

hit: [roll0]

Hope smiled as she saw the second arrow strike true even if her first had missed "Yes. Bullseye! Hopefully, this will mean the only bad singing we have to put up with anymore is Cyrdak's" Hope said, before adding quickly "Sorry Mr Korvaski, but even you have to admit..."

* assuming I hit. the ones with shields had AC 15, so the 19 shoulda...

WarBrute
2014-09-16, 05:44 PM

Karash grunts in pain as the sword thuds against is armor, tearing at his doublet. Before he can retaliate though, the cleric that charge into the fray with him handily kills the goblin. With the goblins out of the way, Karash runs to Sir Jasper, throwing a javelin along the way at the Warchanter. Upon arriving at the fallen paladin's side the half-orc tries to quickly assess Sir Jaspers injuries.

Move R4 (30ft)

Action: Range Attack on goblin at W4 with javelin

Damage: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

I'm not sure about the rules on this, but can I make a medicine check to determine if he is dead or just unconscious, without using an action? I'm not taking an action to stabilize him.
Medicine [roll3]

Melquiades
2014-09-16, 07:36 PM
Edit: Ops posted twice. Ignore this!

Melquiades
2014-09-16, 09:18 PM
While his new companions doesn't seem to have any difficulties to handle the goblins what kind of monsters are these guys? Gerbo feels that he should try to contribute to the fight, since outnumbering the goblins looks like a valid strategy to avoid anyone getting seriously hurt even for the most untrained person in the arts of war, like the gnome. Dashing forward and trying to strike his most heroic pose even while his heart is filled with uncertainties and fear, Gerbo begins to encourage the only person he kinda "knows" in the bunch besides Orianna. Because the face-burner sorcerer looked kinda of a freak when she opened her mouth, if we're all being truthful. It was almost like she was having fun!

"Oh dear, dear Hope, can you do me a favor?
Put another goblin down without too much labor.
You are a pretty girl and your arrows strike true...
I wouldn't mind getting a drink with you..."

Although not the best lyricist in town, the sounds coming out of his lute are beautiful enough. Yeah, gotta train on my improv skills...

I'm inspiring Hope. She can add a d6 on a dice roll (attack, damage, skill) made on the next 10 minutes. She can do so before our DM tells us the result of her roll.

Vahhn
2014-09-18, 04:50 PM
Magic targeting Sole Chalice (affecting Gerbo, Karash and Sole Chalice):
[roll0]
[roll1] - 1 Karash, 2 Gerbo

Attack on Orianna (too far, so disadvantage):
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Attack on Hope:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Vahhn
2014-09-18, 05:09 PM
The goblins come to meet the warriors in melee injuring Karash, but Sole Chalice promptly smashes their heads. A shot from behind hits the warchanter heavily, and blood is visibly dripping from the arrow wound. She barely has time to dodge Karash's Javelin. Karash checks on Jasper - who is still alive, but very hurt and unconscious. The gnome marches ahead inspiring his allies when he suddenly feels a sonolence...

The warchanter moves around, leaving a trail of blood and screaming at the goblins:
You! Kill the archer!
You move and hit that mage back there!
The goblins follow her commands while the warchanter casts magic aiming at Sole Chalice and soon after Karash and Gerbo drop to the ground in deep sleep. Orianna is struck, but the goblin aiming at Hope misses badly.

It is everyone's turn!

Battle map updated!
If you are in a square near Gerbo or Karash you can take an action to wake them up.
Orianna takes 6 damage.

Beige
2014-09-18, 08:04 PM
Hope felt a slight smile creep across her face at the gnomes song, even as the notes seemed to kindle a new fire within her; since he put it so kindly, the least she could do was answer his request. Yet as she notched another arrow and prepared to let loose, she saw Gerbo and the half-orc collapse to the ground, and realized too late the lead goblin was a spell-caster as it scurried behind it's companion and out of her sight.

"Gerbo, wake up. An artist as...renowned... as you must need a better lullaby than some goblin's screech" she shouted at the top of her voice, but it had no effect, and she could see before her one of the creatures advancing on the sleeping paladin, and the injured Jasper - as she couldn't draw a bead on the warchanter, she let her arrow fly to try and defend her slumbering ally.

"Hands of the big guy!"

shooting arrow at S5 goblin
attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1] + 2 = 5
edit: using inspiration on that crummy damage roll XD - roll in OOC.

Falka
2014-09-19, 01:37 AM
"M'henish!" The thin girl cursed in a strange dialect as she was struck - she gasped, wincing in deep pain as the arrow singed and pierced her shoulder. Hatred burned in her eyes. She stared at the goblins. "Oh, now you've done it, you karshoji midgets!"

She took a deep breath and focused on the her ancestral power. Her veins pulsed with fire, the air around her trickling with a faint scent of brimstone. Her eyes changed into a strange yellowish color as she sang the spell: for a moment, they ceased to be human to be become... something different. Cat-like, or maybe reptilian.

Orianna moves from A6 to G6 and casts Fire Bolt, aiming at W6.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ramsus
2014-09-20, 12:42 PM
Sole Chalice wondered what the warchanter had tried to do, until she caught sight of the now sleeping guy who had been next to her a moment ago. Thinking to herself that she shouldn't let the warchanter have a second chance at doing that and also considering that at least one person was temporarily out of the fight, she moved to a spot to block the warchanter and the closest goblin from moving and once more summoned the divine vigor to attack with furious speed.

Using War Priest feature again.

Attacking Warchanter with both attacks unless she winds up dead, in which case the second attack goes to the other goblin.

Attack 1: [roll0]

Attack 2: [roll3]
damage: [roll4]
crit: [roll5]

Rokku
2014-09-21, 05:23 PM
Seeing Hope grow swiftly outnumbered, Ella nocks another arrow and draws closer before firing, hoping this will steady her aim.

Ella moves her speed and shoots at the goblin in W6. And thanks to Hope she gets sneak attack! [roll0][roll1][roll2]

Vahhn
2014-09-22, 03:37 PM
Warchanter AAO:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Goblin 1 on Sole Chalice:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Goblin 2 on Sole Chalice:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Vahhn
2014-09-22, 03:50 PM
Hope and Orianna approach and shoot their attacks at the goblins, injuring them. Sole Chalice charges towards the warchanter. She tries to hit her with the whip but misses. Using the power of her god Sole Chalice delivers two attacks, hitting on the second one and killing the goblin. The goblins gt nervous with the fall of their leader, and Ella uses this moment to get one of them by surprise, but he was too fast. He draws his sword and swings at Sole Chalice missing again. The last goblin desperately tries to hit one arrow through the cleric's armor which again misses...

Karash and Gerbo start waking up...

The goblins, now surrounded, injured and without their leader retreat to the nearby House with a look of desperation in their eyes.

Battle Map is updated!

It is everyone's turn (Karash and Gerbo are awake)!

Falka
2014-09-22, 04:07 PM
Kill them all.

The thought echoed through the girl's mind. She glanced at the fleeing goblins with vicious eyes. She could almost smell their desperation. Her heart was racing - was it due to the adrenaline she felt because of her injuries, or was it something darker - something that was building inside her, enjoying the carnage?

Once again, she drew on the powers of her blood. Flames singed through her veins and brimstone filled the air. Clenching a fist, she conjured a bolt made of fire and threw it at the miserable goblin.

The bolt missed, but it exploded in a fiery mist that would warn them both. She was going for the kill, and if they didn't run really fast, they were going to suffer a painful, scorching death.

Moving from G6 to M6
Aiming at: W3
[roll0]
[roll1]

Beige
2014-09-22, 04:23 PM
Seeing the last of the creatures retreating, Hope felt it pertinent to press her advantage. She matches the step of the sorceress, before launching another arrow at another goblin

launching an arrow at goblin V3
attack: [roll0]
16 arrows left

Melquiades
2014-09-22, 05:52 PM
"zZzZz... hm? What? What am I doing? Why was I sleeping?!? Damned goblins and their lullabies! Is everybody okay? Somebody died while I was absent? Did you miss me at all?!?!"

Gerbo puts himself together and walks toward the last goblin standing, displaying a menacing expression on his face. But then, after the third step... Ouch... Oh, yeah, that's right, one of them hit me with an arrow..." He takes a look again at the battlefield, seeing the goblin surrounded by five other combatants much more efficient than he was. Well, I guess he's screwed anyway...

Gerbo then sits on the ground and starts singing almost in a whisper, while he tends to his wounds.

Gerbo gets up from the ground and moves to R9. Casting Cure Wounds on himself. [roll0]

Ramsus
2014-09-22, 07:32 PM
Sole Chalice quickly turns away from the downed leader of the goblins and chases after the remaining pair, taking a swing at the nearest one.

Concentrating on Shield of Faith (+2 AC)

crit: [roll]1d8{/roll]

Rokku
2014-09-23, 01:13 AM
Ella darts forward. Switching her bow for her rapier, she thrusts for Hope's target.

STABINATING: [roll0][roll1][roll2]

WarBrute
2014-09-23, 07:25 PM

Must have tripped. The half-orc thinks to himself as he blinks and finds himself prone. He sees Jasper lying mere feet from him, clinging to life. Karash pushes himself to his feet and lay his hands upon the fallen crusader. "Lay still soldier. You are under Erastil's protection now." Holy energy seeps through the half-orcs fingers as he whispers, healing Jasper's wounds. Next Karash imposes himself between Jasper and the remaining goblins.

Action: Use "Lay on Hands" Use 2 points from Karash's pool healing Jasper for 2 HP.

Stand(15 ft)+ Move to U3 (15 ft)

Vahhn
2014-09-24, 01:49 AM
You launch multiple attacks at the goblins - they try their best to dodge but Hope's arrow finishes one and then Ella strikes down the other one. Gerbo mends his wounds and Karash protects Sir Jasper - but it is not needed anymore - the goblins are dead.

With Karash's healing you see a little bit of color returning to Jasper's face. He coughs blood, and you can see that his right leg is broken. He is not going anywhere soon.

He notices the scene and realizes you defeated the goblins:

"Thank you all - you saved my life, and probably of many others that those damned creatures would take. I couldn't save them..." he says looking at the corpses of the town's guards on the street.

"There are more of them near the northern gate. The attack came from inside and outside at the same time. They are trying to secure the gate so that the goblins inside the town can escape safely when they want. You must stop them! I am in no condition to fight, but I can heal some of your wounds. I didn't have an opportunity to do so during my battle with the goblins"

Ramsus
2014-09-24, 03:59 AM
Sole Chalice almost immediately charges off to the northern gate, but then pauses to think that those who had been fighting with her so far probably would not pass up the opportunity for healing and fighting an even greater number of goblins at less than full strength would probably not be wise. So instead she turned to the others and said, "We should make haste as soon as you're all patched up."

Falka
2014-09-24, 07:33 AM
Blood was trickling from her shoulder. A red line drawn by an arrow, the cloth drenched in darkness. Orianna gasped, suddenly realizing that she was hurt. It stinged.

Her first instinct when Sir Jasper offered healing made her become suspicious, but she soon realised that she wouldn't go anywhere if she couldn't recover from her injury.

She walked towards the man, asking for his help.

"I suppose we could use your help. Bloody bastards know how to shoot well enough."

Melquiades
2014-09-27, 03:40 PM
"Maaaybe we could go ahead while you guys do your healing thing? There may be people dying, y'know.", Gerbo says in a lighthearted tone, showing again his enormous social skills. "It's not like these thingies are giving you people much trouble..."

Rokku
2014-09-27, 08:52 PM
"I agree," says Ella, "we should move quickly if we want to minimize casualties."