PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Lightbringer Class

thefish42
2014-09-06, 03:16 PM
Based on Brent weeks series:
More to come

Drafter

The idea behind the class is that PC's should be 7-11 color polychromes. This way they feel special. Powerful NPC's should use this class. Eventually I will create a commoner style class for non-polychromes

Colors to be added:
Paryl- messages, assassin, cloak?
Subred: Thinking A fire throwing based ability- other uses?
Red- Thinking about a sticky substance and a flamable one- also used to increase battle prowess
Orange - illusions, cumpulsions and slick- used to improve social ablities?
Yellow- flashbombs and sturdy things, also prevents luxin decay
Green- flexible, wooden weapons, armor
Blue- weapons, shards, reinforcement, - used to improve alcarity?
Superviolet - code, healing, pulling objects, invisibie tripwire
chi- see magic, through walls

black? - DESTRUCTION
white?- heals halo

A Breif Overview

HD: d8

4 +Int skill points

Skills: Acrobatics, Craft, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Religion), Perception, Spellcraft

Bonus Skills:
Drafters also gets 2 bonus skills of the player's choice as class skills (to customize: A battle drafter may have climb and ride, an ivory tower drafter may have knowledge and diplomacy.)

Nevershutup
2014-09-06, 05:00 PM
Ooh! I've always loved this archetype! A couple of questions about the class:

Spells: Divine or Arcane? Spontaneous or Prepared? If spontaneous, is it to be Spirit Shaman-esque, or normal? Are they there as a utility/versatility option?

Role: Are they a tank? A buffer? Debuffer? A mix?

Class Features: Regardless of any of the above questions, this class should have an all-day-every-day Light ability of some kind. Perhaps similar to a Warlock's Eldritch Blast.

Anyways, if you would like help, I would love to give it.

thefish42
2014-09-07, 07:45 PM
The plan is to base it off of Brentweek's book series. Drafting would be the main focus.

It will probably be a noncasting but point based class... think psion

Imbasel
2014-09-08, 07:46 PM
I really like the idea for this class I am absolutely in love with the Lightbringer series. For the class if you wanted it to represent growing power you could have them start with a single color at 1st level and then have bonus feats that expanded their color selection.

So for example you could have something like bichrome drafter which is accessible at 3rd level and then polychrome which adds 1 more color of the players choice at 5th level. Then for every 5 levels after that they can gain two more colors of their choosing.

I really like the point system like power points idea. You could also allow people to draft more per day, but it quickens their time to halo. So for example drafting by over 1 point per day may make a drafter only fatigued (light sickness) whereas drafting 20 points over may mean they make a noticeable gain towards haloing.

I really like the idea for this class and would you be ok with me posting more ideas I have as they occur?

thefish42
2014-09-08, 08:53 PM
I really like the idea for this class I am absolutely in love with the Lightbringer series. For the class if you wanted it to represent growing power you could have them start with a single color at 1st level and then have bonus feats that expanded their color selection.

Was planning on doing just that

So for example you could have something like bichrome drafter which is accessible at 3rd level and then polychrome which adds 1 more color of the players choice at 5th level. Then for every 5 levels after that they can gain two more colors of their choosing.

I plan on scaffolding

1: Green
2: Blue
3: Subred
4: Superviolet
5: Liquid Yellow
6: Orange
7: Red/Solid Yellow
8: Paryl and Chi

However, scaling will occur.
Luxin weapons may be availiable at level 2 but until you get yellow to hold them in place, they fade in a matter of minutes. Their bonuses may scale as well.

Im also thinking of a rogue talent style system called applications, but am worried about styfiling creativity.

I really like the point system like power points idea. You could also allow people to draft more per day, but it quickens their time to halo. So for example drafting by over 1 point per day may make a drafter only fatigued (light sickness) whereas drafting 20 points over may mean they make a noticeable gain towards haloing.

I was gonna try to create a system for becoming a wight, though not sure how. Also i wanted to have a maximum draft per day, so that the class plays well with the orginal system

I really like the idea for this class and would you be ok with me posting more ideas I have as they occur?

Yes please!. Any help is good help.

Imbasel
2014-09-11, 08:19 PM
Any more updates or class ideas since it's been a couple of days. If not is it ok if I write something up for thoughts I had?