PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Society - Malconvoker Build Advice

Strormer
2014-09-06, 09:14 PM
Hello all. So I've grown tired of my existing PFS character and I'd like to venture into spellcasters. Up until now I've avoided them in PFS just because all of my previous spellcasters depended greatly on item creation, which isn't allowed in society play. I've decided to build something based on the old 3.5 PC Malconvoker. Below I'll present the idea I have right now, but I'd love to hear anyone's ideas for how to make this build more effective (I'm not very much of an optimizer). The only thing that I'm not willing to change is the basic premise of the character.

Basic Premise: Gathor Var Rekkas is a Dwarf who uses evil beings from the outer planes (devils, demons, etc) as tools to fight evil across Golarion.

Current Concept: I'm looking at making Gathor a summoner with a demon-like eidolon (lvl 1 - Biped with four arms, 2 claws, 1 slam, and a two-handed weapon) and slowly work toward a planar-binder style build. In truth I have very little experience with such builds so I'm basing a lot of what I take off of online guides.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

grarrrg
2014-09-06, 09:25 PM
Current Concept: I'm looking at making Gathor a summoner with a demon-like eidolon (lvl 1 - Biped with four arms, 2 claws, 1 slam, and a two-handed weapon)

(I'm assuming you are putting Claws on the feet, as that is most optimal with this set-up, if you are NOT putting Claws on feet, then you are doing something wrong)
I would advise against the Sword, at least for now.

If you use a Manufactured Weapon with Natural Attacks, then all of the Naturals are treated as Secondaries, and take -5 to-hit, and only get +1/2 STR to damage.

Bipeds have 16 STR, and 1 Bab, so your Full Attack with Sword would be:
+4/-1/-1/-1 (sword/claw/claw/slam) With the Sword getting +3 damage, and the naturals getting +1 damage.

Your Full Attack without the Sword would be:
+4/+4/+4 (claw/claw/slam) will all attacks getting +3 damage.

While Multiattack feat is an option to get only a -2 to-hit on Secondary attacks, it would burn your only Eidolon feat, and is (eventually) redundant if/when your Eidolon reaches level 9.

Strormer
2014-09-07, 07:41 PM
That was the plan in the beginning I wouldn't use the sword very often, but in a few levels I was thinking it would go large sized and be effectively wielding a medium greatsword in each hand plus foot-claws.