PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Any way to get more uses/day out of a Supernatural Ability?

Irk
2014-09-06, 09:29 PM
See the title. I suspect it could be done by turning an Su Ability into a Spell-Like one, but I can't see any way of doing it at the moment.

Thanks!

backwaterj
2014-09-06, 09:39 PM
Did you have a particular supernatural ability in mind?

Rubik
2014-09-06, 09:53 PM
You could always take some levels in a manifesting class and take the feat Metamorphic Transfer for whatever Supernatural Ability it is you want to emulate. It'll give you 3x more per day, so long as you use Metamorphosis/Polymorph/Alter Self/etc first.

There's also the master of many forms or the planar shepherd.

Or, at higher levels, Shapechange.

dextercorvia
2014-09-06, 10:55 PM
Get a cohort/buddy/mindrapediceassasin with at least 2 levels of Squire of Legend (Reikhardt)

Reikhardt: You can grant an ally within 30 feet a second use of an extraordinary or supernatural ability normally usable only once per day. If you gain a second daily use of this ability, you cannot use it twice in one day on the same ally.

Better yet, get a gazillion of them.

Irk
2014-09-07, 02:52 PM
It's War Strike from Drow Judicator, I always neglect to mention this stuff in the OP. Squire of Legend could work, but then I have to acquire a cohort, which I would like to avoid, if possible. However, it may be the only conceivable method, and it isn't something I can;t work with.

Nikker
2017-12-15, 03:58 AM
If it is a racial supernatural ability there might be a way: the ability to polymorph via spells + assume supernatural ability from Savage Species.

The feat says:
Prerequisite
WIS 13, ability to assume a new form magically,
Benefit
You learn to use a single supernatural ability of another kind of creature while assuming its form through a polymorph self spell or a similar effect. (...)

Now, since this feat is 3.0, it might need to be reconsidered a bit.
Anyway, imho, it should work with "alter self" spell also (since it's still transmutation School and it still meets the prerequisite), as long as you're changing into another member of your own race in order to get more uses of a racial supernatural ability, or you're changing to another race your same type.

If it is a class SA you need I'm afraid I can't help.

Gruftzwerg
2017-12-15, 08:49 AM
"Body outside Body" could solve your problem, but hard to get since it's wu-jen 7th lvl spell. It would give you enough extra charges of any ability you have.

Either buy scrolls & push UMD or add 2lvls of Wyrm Wizard into your arcane casting build to get it. Recaster would be another option if you go Changeling as race.

edit: sry , missed the date and that this thread has been necroed by the poster above me..^^

Fizban
2017-12-15, 09:46 AM
Ah, there's an excerpt with it here (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003c).

The ability in question is a non-action attack boost, 2d6 con damage save for half, presumably of the "miss and its wasted" variety. The big thing here is that you only ever get it 1/day, while the class also has a more conventional smite that it gets up to 3/day. It seems pretty clear to me you're not meant to get more uses, but a feat for +1 use per day is probably fine if your DM's okay with you having it more than 1/day in the first place.