PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Cat as a Druid advice

demonwalker
2014-09-07, 03:31 AM
So a few weeks ago, I had the oddest thought. An awakened cat Druid. In Character Goal: Planet of the Apes style takeover only with cats. I kept the idea in the back of my mind for a while, toying with it and looking it over every now and then. Today, the GM of one of my games asked me if I wanted to join another. Since I was going to have free time, I said yes. First question I asked: Can I play this character? As you can probably tell by this point, I was told yes. I thought I would roll for normal awakening, but he had me roll stats normally. After that, I need your help. I have little experience actually making druids. So advice would be appreciated.

What I rolled: 11, 14, 14, 14, 15, 18. 27 for HP before mods. Starting Level is 5. I know Wis is the primary Druid stat so the 18 was put there (For now). Beyond that, I'm clueless. I looked up Treant's guide, but I'm unsure how to apply that to an animal. The Melee build he offers makes sense for the fluff I have in mind, but the Casting build seems to be more viable. Looking at Archetypes, I couldn't really tell what would work best.

As a quick clarification: When Wildshaping, I gain the size and attacks of the creature I turn into, correct? Then my Str and Dex increase or decrease based on the size of the animal I pick. Since I'm starting off as Tiny (Which I believe is +2Dex and -2 Str base?), if I changed to a Medium sized creature, do my stats stay as they are or will I be getting a -4 Dex and +2 Str?

What the GM has stated so far on my ability scores is that I get a +2 from being a Cat and another +2 from my size. Based of the Bestiary, a Cat gets +4 to Stealth and Climb for being a Cat. Being Tiny makes that a +12. Cats also get Scent and Low-light Vision. Am I missing anything on that part? Should I be seeing if I'm getting more/less?

Assuming I'm able to wear armor (Druid does grant proficiencies), it looks like I'm spending normal costs due to being non-humanoid, and being Tiny it only grants 1/2 the normal AC bonus. Am I right? As for Magic Items, What slots should I be getting? For being a Druid, what Magic Items should I take?

Should I bother with looking at weapons? I don't believe it is possible for me to use any beyond the natural weapons I have. I could be wrong though, and that there is some feat hidden somewhere that lets an animal use some form of weapon.

What feats should I be considering? What questions should I be asking the GM on this?

Based on what I semi-know, I have this much done: http://www.myth-weavers.com/save.php

In case you have stuck with me thus far, thank you. Advice on how to make this build possible is appreciated. While not the strongest build, I feel like doing this will be fun.

demonwalker
2014-09-08, 04:03 PM
I'm sure someone on here has a suggestion, right?