PDA

View Full Version : What have you done with the Wish spell?

spikeof2010
2014-09-07, 03:58 AM
Self explanitory, wanting to shift from the prestidigistation and take a 9 level leap to its big brother.

Chaosvii7
2014-09-07, 04:30 AM
Preface: Our group had braved a forest of undead to plant small saplings of trees of life - which are pretty self-explanatory magical trees that breathe life into inhospitable areas and eradicate unlife near them. The party members that carried saplings received a reward of a ring of three wishes. My character not only joined halfway through the journey, but was himself undead(but I was a Curst so I didn't have to worry about getting killed by the tree when they planted it).

After the dust had settled and everybody was wondering what they should do with their rings, I jumped at the opportunity. I convinced the leader of another party I was a part of to wish for a spelljammer.

Of course, he then had to wish himself up a crew.

And then he had to wish to be able to afford to pay the crew as long as he needed.

And it just went downhill from there.

Basically, if I hadn't given the guy the idea, we'd be playing the same humdrum campaign we were all already used to; Instead, we ended up finding a floating continent and basically trying to subsume it's government, which was under the oppressive control of a whole horde of pirates and pirate lords.

demonwalker
2014-09-07, 06:25 AM
While GMing a game, a player obtained a wish from the Deck of Many Deaths Things. The wish: "I wish to become stronger." It was so open ended, I wanted to twist it. Rolled a d3 to see if I would 1) Increase a random Ability Score of his by 3, 2) Think of something on that later as the session was about to end anyway, or 3) Hand him a random Feat that he qualifies for. Ended up rolling a 1, so I rolled a d6 to find the score. It ended up being his dump stat: CHA. Justified by saying he has a stronger force of will.

Next session he used the other wish he obtained through getting the Luckblade (1 Wish) to know how to save the souls of the 2 that lost their souls due to the Deck. At this point, I would like to note he also had the "Get the Answer to your next Dilemma" Card. Wish went through since he said "I wish." Before getting backlash for this, he had a full week to ponder this, and had multiple reminders before the session that he had the Dilemma card.

CryptbornAkryea
2014-09-07, 09:39 AM
I'm a bad man...
I managed to get Incarnum Apotheosis and Divine Power Permanencyd on my gestalt Incarnate//CloisteredCleric....
at level 6!

pothocboots
2014-09-07, 10:20 AM
3rd level, but we had a wish scroll.

We reversed time back to a OOC save point joke. I can't seem to recall what we were avoiding, probably because it never happened.

And at the end of it all, we still had the wish scroll.

Lightlawbliss
2014-09-07, 10:35 AM
not me but a guy in a party I was in.

He forced two warring army's to listen to the diplomancer (and also includied a clause of the enemy army's being able to hear him no matter the distance) until the diplomancer was happy with what he had said...

diplomancer proceeded to make the two army's fanatics, send them at the BBEG, had the survivors gather the loot for the party, and then go and found a nation under the diplomancer's rule.

AuraTwilight
2014-09-07, 01:48 PM
I had a player once say "I wish this wish wouldn't be granted" and the multiverse crashed and rebooted.

Bud the CHUD
2014-09-07, 03:22 PM
I don't wanna talk about it so I will.

Our DM had his four-year in essentially Law but didn't plan on taking the Bar. He was a master at getting out of traffic tickets and **** so why we let him DM is beyond me. Attempt one: someone wished for infinite wealth. He had all the gold, copper, and platinum in the world. As a result society shifted to a barter system and everything he had was worthless. Attempt two: the player asked for ascension to god status. He ascended and was noted as the most hated god in the pantheon so all of the others destroyed him in a 'war.' It was a gangbang murdersplosion. Attempt three: I wish I didn't have to wish. Dead.

At this point me and the other guy walked away.

Mr Adventurer
2014-09-07, 05:12 PM
I've mostly used them for transport - most recently, "I wish for myself and the following named allies to be transported to wherever we can best learn about [the BBEG]."

Krobar
2014-09-07, 08:59 PM
As a player I've used them occasionally to get information on something i knew we would be fighting.

"I wish to know everything about the creature I know as (name we use)." Now I can plan its demise.

I've used them to get even with thieves. For example, get a necklace of strangulation out of a pouch, and say "I wish that, the next time someone steals from me or otherwise betrays my trust, this necklace appear instantly around that person's neck."

Get out a container of sovereign glue and say "I wish for your mouth and nose to be immediately glued shut with this sovereign glue."

Here's another fun one... "I wish that, forever more, whenever a woman talks to you, you only scream curses at her."

Wishes can be fun.