PDA

View Full Version : Ok...This is getting annoying...

blackout
2007-03-09, 08:56 PM
Ok, I play with an all-monster group, yadayadayada, forgotten realms, blahblahblah, DM pulled the Master Chief, Covenant Rebels, and marines outta nowhere, we have advanced hardware now, and a Phantom, blahblah, and we are all now epic level...with advanced technology and a Phantom-class covenant dropship, that we stole...anyways, we've all been kinda bored. We've been getting paid all over the place by local lords, and ladies, and townspeople, and so on, and our monster-reputation has been kind of dwindling. We're actually being welcomed into towns nowadays. But there's one problem.

We are BORED.

So, our DM, in his infinite stupidity, whips out a few squads of Scout Marines from 40K for us to deal with. SCOUT MARINES.
When we are BORED, you don't throw super-soldiers at us! That's what MADE US bored! GAH!

Suggestions on how to deal with the inevitable chapter of space marines that come to purge the world of xenos and heretics?

Deus Mortus
2007-03-09, 08:58 PM
"Accidentally" Crash your ship with all your weapons in it, die in the progress with a contingent raise dead on your booty's, well that's fun way.

You might also try talking with your DM...

Melrob
2007-03-09, 08:58 PM
Start a new campaign. Low magic, Celtic setting with trusty javelins and broadswords. Let it build from there :P

MeklorIlavator
2007-03-09, 08:59 PM
Well, if the story is getting boring, just die and start a new campaign. Just ask your DM for one without high tech.

Edit: that's my first threeway-simulninja

Weezer
2007-03-09, 09:00 PM
Summon up the power of the great god Korne OBVIOUSLY:smallwink:

But seriously maybe you could tell your DM your bored and ask him to deus ex machina all your high tech stuff. maybe a "evil group of cultists sucked the energy out of the weapons so now they don't work tact."

Edit: four way simulninja

blackout
2007-03-09, 09:05 PM
Hmm...all excellent ideas. I was actually considering asking him to start a new campaign anyways. Preferably one that's set in the distant future...but with all the pure, fantasy goodness. IE. goblins, and monsters, plus high-tech machinery and "magic"(psionic/telekinetic abilities.)

Behold_the_Void
2007-03-09, 09:08 PM
Yeah, new campaign time. There are times when a campaign needs to end and this is definitely one of them.