PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Warpriest Scared Fist Question

TheMADMonk
2014-09-07, 02:28 PM
Weapon and Armor Proficiency

Sacred fists are proficient with the club, crossbow (light or heavy), dagger, handaxe, javelin, kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shortspear, short sword, shuriken, siangham, sling, and spear. Sacred fists are not proficient with any armor or shields. This replaces the warpriest's weapon and armor proficiency.

Is it just me or are they not proficient with unarmed strikes?
I know they get Improved Unarmed Strike but that does not grant proficiency does it?

Urpriest
2014-09-07, 02:34 PM
Monks are also not listed as proficient with unarmed strikes. Presumably Pathfinder either fixed the issue in the obvious way by making everyone proficient with unarmed strikes, or they didn't fix it for anybody and therefore it doesn't matter because it's silly enough that nobody would play that way.

TheMADMonk
2014-09-07, 02:38 PM
I thought it might be something like that, seemed kinda stupid to make them burn a feat on something stupid.

squiggit
2014-09-07, 03:14 PM
All characters are proficient with unarmed strikes and natural attacks per the PRD's description of weapon proficiency.

grarrrg
2014-09-07, 03:28 PM
All characters are proficient which unarmed strikes and natural attacks per the PRD's description of weapon proficiency.

Linky (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons), scroll to just after the "weapon tables"

Most character classes are proficient with all simple weapons. Combat-oriented classes such as barbarians, cavaliers, and fighters are proficient with all simple and all martial weapons. Characters of other classes are proficient with an assortment of simple weapons and possibly some martial or even exotic weapons. All characters are proficient with unarmed strikes and any natural weapons they gain from their race. A character who uses a weapon with which he is not proficient takes a –4 penalty on attack rolls with that weapon.