PDA

View Full Version : [Miniature Question] - Anyone know if ...

Zertryx
2014-09-07, 02:30 PM
Not sure if this kinda topic would go here, sorry in advance if it doesn't.

However i was trying to look around and could not seem to find a miniature of a Elf / Dark Elf / Drow mini that is Dual Wielding two hand crossbows

If one doesn't exists are there minis out there that have open hands and weapons that i could put on and superglue myself? to make a mini of this?

Also anyone know of some good sites for buying minis for Fantasy based games (D&D Mainly but doesnt have to be D&D brand)

Blackhawk748
2014-09-07, 08:05 PM
Reaper Minis, most of them are Die Cast (not great but not horrid either) but they are expanding their Bones line which are plastic. Heres a link to their Figurefinder: http://www.reapermini.com/figurefinder#search/Male%20Dark%20Elf%20Crossbow

Sadly i didnt find one who was dual wielding hand crossbows but i found a few that had them. Also you may have more luck searching for a basic elf as it would give you more to work with and you could just paint them black as the minis are unpainted.

ILM
2014-09-08, 07:19 AM
The Warmachine mini of Eyriss might get you most of the way, but if I remember it correctly it has a hand crossbow in one hand and a short blade in the other...

Jay R
2014-09-08, 07:38 AM
Of course, you can't consistently wield two hand crossbows. It takes both hands to load one. You'd be forever setting each one down to load the other.

Eldan
2014-09-08, 09:22 AM
The Dark Elves of Warhammer love both hand crossbows and dual wielding. I'm sure there's one that has both.

Erasmas
2014-09-08, 02:26 PM
There is a female drow miniature from one of the official Dungeons & Dragons prepainted plastic lines (now discontinued) that is dual-wielding hand crossbows (if I recall correctly).

But yes, Reaper is probably the single best place to find a wide variety of well-made fantasy miniatures.

Zertryx
2014-09-10, 02:52 PM
Yeah i have searched the "Reaper Minis" i do like the look of them and my brother had bought a few but no luck with what i was looking for.

I have also tried just searching for elfs / Humans who are dual wielding crossbows but again no luck there either, I'll have a look into the warhammer ones haven't checked there yet.

What i was hoping to find is a place that you can buy a base mini (character in a pose with free hands) and then buy sets of weapons to glue onto the hands that way i could just buy a figure and 2 hand crossbows and make it myself. if anyone knows a site like this id be more than grateful.

Of course, you can't consistently wield two hand crossbows. It takes both hands to load one. You'd be forever setting each one down to load the other.

Well in 4e i took two-fisted shooter which allows me to use handcross bows in my off hand and reload one handed (this is how people are able to wield a sword / hand crossbow) most the dual crossbow thing is mostly flavor anyways

Erasmas
2014-09-10, 03:19 PM
There is a website called Hero Forge (http://heroforge.com/) that is launching towards the end of this year where you will be able to completely build a custom miniature (from a group of different selected parts - from hairstyle, to armor, to weapons in each hand, to pose) and then have them 3D print it and ship it to you.