PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Runelords Budget Character

Dusk Eclipse
2014-09-07, 03:13 PM
So my A:BF group decided to take a break of Anima (we've been playing the same campaign for a little over three year, I reckon a break was in order), so meanwhile one of the other players decided to fill the gap and run the Rise of the Runelords AP. The thing is that sine by his own admission he doesn't know the system that well he doesn't want to deal with the kitchen sink approach to character building, he limited us to the Core rulebook, the Advanced Player's Guide and the Game's Master guide, which is fine on itself, but since I don't own any PF book I get all my info from the d20PFSRD.

I don't know exactly what the other players will be using, but someone mentioned a Gnome Bard and possibly a Wizard (race unknown), since we are going to be a 4 or 5 man group I want to go with a frontliner, taking its and dealing them back, but due the material limitation I can't really play what I originally wanted too (a Magus). Right now my concept is a sort of know-it-all about monsters that get's thrown into hot water from the start, but I'm not sure how to make it work with those books (Lore Warden is fom the PFS guide and Kirin Style is from Ultimate Combat).