PDA

View Full Version : Any good Warforged intel?

madwolf10
2014-09-07, 03:30 PM
Really curious as to what the 5e Warforged will look like?
I know good stuff doesn't usually get teased (or leak) until maybe within a month of release (which would be the DMG in Nov.) but.. just a hope :smallbiggrin:
Guess the playtest version is a start, but I haven't seen that yet either (prob just missed it)
Anyone got anything??

Human Paragon 3
2014-09-08, 11:03 AM
You can find the playtest version with google pretty easily. From there, you just need to adjust its stat boosts to catch it up to the other races (+2 con, then +1 Str or +1 dex, I think depending on the variety of warforged).

pasko77
2014-09-09, 01:53 PM
I have some warforged intel, but it's all artificial.

IAmTehDave
2014-09-09, 03:40 PM

Two drums and a cymbal fall off a cliff...

I actually wonder whether WF will be in the DMG or if they'll wait until the 5e Eberron material starts coming out.

rlc
2014-09-09, 03:51 PM
I think it's confirmed for the dmg

IAmTehDave
2014-09-09, 04:17 PM
I think it's confirmed for the dmg

Looks like I'll be picking up the DMG then. I always loved the idea of Warforged, and never really got the chance to play one effectively.

madwolf10
2014-09-09, 04:34 PM

That's.... darn funny! pasko77 hehe
I am not too shabby at googling, some even say rather talented :smallwink: ... but I've yet to come across anything that says "THIS was the 5e playtest Warforged stats." :smallfrown:

FadeAssassin
2014-09-09, 05:28 PM
Warforged

In the world of EBERRON, warforged were made as the ideal soldiers to serve in the devastating Last War. Although they are constructs, they have more in common with living creatures, including circulation, emotions, and even a soul.

Traits

As a warforged, you have the following racial traits.

Ability Score Adjustment: Your Strength and Constitution scores increase by 1.

Size: Medium.

Speed: 30 feet.

Composite Plating: You gain a +1 bonus to Armor Class.

Living Construct: Even though you were constructed, you are a humanoid. You are immune to disease. You do not need to eat or breathe, but you can ingest food and drink if you wish. Instead of sleeping, you enter a sleep-like state. You need to remain in it for only 4 hours each day. You do not dream; instead, you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and one other language of your choice.

This is the Warforged from the Playtest Packet.

madwolf10
2014-09-10, 07:29 AM
Warforged

In the world of EBERRON, warforged were made as the ideal soldiers to serve in the devastating Last War. Although they are constructs, they have more in common with living creatures, including circulation, emotions, and even a soul.

Traits

As a warforged, you have the following racial traits.

Ability Score Adjustment: Your Strength and Constitution scores increase by 1.

Size: Medium.

Speed: 30 feet.

Composite Plating: You gain a +1 bonus to Armor Class.

Living Construct: Even though you were constructed, you are a humanoid. You are immune to disease. You do not need to eat or breathe, but you can ingest food and drink if you wish. Instead of sleeping, you enter a sleep-like state. You need to remain in it for only 4 hours each day. You do not dream; instead, you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and one other language of your choice.

This is the Warforged from the Playtest Packet.

FadeAssassin ... thumbs up!! :smalltongue:

FadeAssassin
2014-09-10, 09:14 PM
I'm big on keeping old files stored away on Google Drive. Also helps when sharing the files.

Also I believe one of the two stats would be +2 not 1, Maybe CON? I'm not sure but every other PHB race seems to coincide with their playtest cousins pretty straightforwardly.

Slipperychicken
2014-09-11, 02:58 PM

That sounds incredibly boring. I sure hope 5e-forged can get people to read to them during "sleep". Or at least let them watch the stars or something.

rlc
2014-09-11, 09:16 PM
i actually think they could probably get away with having shardminds as a warforged subrace, since they could change the fluff like they've done with some of the other races. they probably won't do this, though.

FadeAssassin
2014-09-11, 10:17 PM
That sounds incredibly boring. I sure hope 5e-forged can get people to read to them during "sleep". Or at least let them watch the stars or something.

I guess a warforged could technically Stargaze while in "Sleep Mode"