PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A [3.5] Streetfighter Barbarian and Keen/Improved Critical

Debatra
2014-09-07, 06:05 PM
At 7th level, the critical threat range of any charge attack he makes, or any attack he makes against a flat-footed foe, increases by 1. (Thus, a greataxe would threaten a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20.) This ability stacks with the Improved Critical feat or the keen weapon enhancement.

But how exactly does it stack? A Keen weapon and Improved Critical double the weapon's threat range. So which would be applied first? Would you get the +1 from Streetfighter then double the total to 17-20, or does the doubling happen first and we get 18-20?

Waddacku
2014-09-08, 03:39 AM
I am not aware of a rule saying you have to apply them in a particular order, in which case you should be allowed to apply them in whichever order you want (or at least in the most beneficial one).

Gwendol
2014-09-08, 03:47 AM
I'd go with the most beneficial one.

supermonkeyjoe
2014-09-08, 09:21 AM
I believe that the general rule in 3.5 is that you apply effects in whichever order is most beneficial.

Actually looking it up it's an FAQ ruling about something else so take it as you will:

As a general guideline, whenever the rules don't stipulate an order of operations for special effects (such as spells or special abilities), you should apply them in the order that's most beneficial to the creature.