PDA

View Full Version : 3.P Monk Build

HereBeMonsters
2014-09-07, 10:43 PM
Alright so here it is, fresh for monkday.
I want to build a PF Monk using the (Monk of Four Winds/Ki Mystic/Qinggong Monk)
I have a 18 in Dex and a 20 in Wis. (Rolled two 18s)
14 Str
12 Int
10 Cha
16 Con

Human feat is going to be Weapon Focus (Unarmed)
1st level feat is going to be Weapon Finesse (Unarmed)

Now I need to get Slashing Grace. Which I can do with a Flaw. But the only thing I see to make an Unarmed Strike count as Slashing is a Versatile Unarmed Strike feat. Is there anything else? A Trait or something?

Psyren
2014-09-08, 12:21 AM
Boar Style makes unarmed strikes slashing. The bigger problem though is that unarmed strike is a light weapon, not a one-handed weapon.

Rubik
2014-09-08, 12:49 AM
You appear to be using 3.0 rules. Weapon Finesse applies to all light weapons, as well as some one- and two-handers (such as rapiers and spiked chains), not one single subtype of weapon.

You may also want to take a look at this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15474863#post15474863) and take everything you're comfortable with cribbing from it.

Warforged monks gain an ACF that allow their unarmed strikes to count as any physical damage type whenever they want.

HereBeMonsters
2014-09-08, 08:47 AM
Oh just thought it was like Weapon Focus and needed to be assigned to a specific weapon type. Good to know.

Also Boar Style would be useful but comes online at level 3 (Three Intimidate ranks). Warforged are a favorite of mine but not allowed as they do not fit the setting (Homebrew)