PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Bard Harmonization?

PangolinPie
2014-09-07, 10:49 PM
Just an odd question. I'm doing a Bard/Cleric build with Sacred Performer/Initiate of Milil and another players is just doing a Battle Bard type build...are there any feats, unique items or whatever that would allow two Bards to increase the effectiveness of bardic music as a duet? I mean I'm assuming that if one of us holds our turn and goes at the same time as the other we can harmonize and double the effects of inspire courage and all that...was just curious if anything else was available.

That would make the normally less appealing Bard class more interesting...

Kalaska'Agathas
2014-09-08, 12:56 AM
If one of you has Dragonfire Inspiration, and the other uses normal Inspire Courage, you can get some pretty impressive bonuses going. Or, both have Dragonfire Inspiration, but one is Sonic and the other is some other form of energy (preferably one not resisted by everyone and their mother, natch), you can be adding nearly 30d6 to every attack you and your allies make.

Psyren
2014-09-08, 02:45 AM
If one of you has Dragonfire Inspiration, and the other uses normal Inspire Courage, you can get some pretty impressive bonuses going. Or, both have Dragonfire Inspiration, but one is Sonic and the other is some other form of energy (preferably one not resisted by everyone and their mother, natch), you can be adding nearly 30d6 to every attack you and your allies make.

Without actually crunching the numbers in the monster manuals, I think the immunities list goes (from least likely to be resisted, to most likely):

Force
Sonic
Electricity
Acid
Cold
Fire

I could be wrong, particularly about those middle two, though.