PDA

View Full Version : Bard/Paladin build advice? Pathfinder

rahimka
2014-09-08, 10:59 AM
So in our Pathfinder game, my group is wrapping up our current story-arc and a couple of us are planning new characters (starting at lvl 7). Our two Fighters are sticking around (one is going Duelist, the other is reach weapon, Mobile Fighter). The other two characters will be changing to a lion-shaman Druid, and a Witch. So we've got a solid front line and both divine and arcane full casters (who can both provide some healing)

Currently, I'm playing as a Ninja, but I'm leaning towards changing to a Bard5/Paladin2 when we wrap up this arc. Light armor, archery combat, mainly focusing on the Bard side of things (support/buff casting, skill monkey, party face) but I think the dip in Paladin adds some fun combat flavor with martial weapon proficiency, a bit of smiting, lay-on-hands, and Divine Grace (for bitchin saves).

I'm looking for advice on race (Human for that extra feat?), archetypes (our DM recommended looking at Divine Hunter for free Precise Shot if nothing else), or suggestions on where to build the character from that point forward.

As far as stats go, I'd like 18 dex, 16 cha, but I'm not sure how to break down the rest. For feats I'm thinking: PB-Shot, Precise-Shot, Arcane Strike, Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim

Thoughts? Recommendations? Comments?

grarrrg
2014-09-08, 09:23 PM
Bard5/Paladin2
I'm looking for advice on race (Human for that extra feat?), archetypes (our DM recommended looking at Divine Hunter for free Precise Shot if nothing else), or suggestions on where to build the character from that point forward.

Holy Tactician (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo---paladin-archetypes/holy-tactician)
You lose 'normal' Smite, but get a weaker version that you can share (still works with Ranged attacks).

3rd level you get a Bonus Teamwork feat, and the ability to share any one of your Teamwork feats with EVERYONE with NO duration.

Would recommend going to 4th level at some point to get a second use of "Share-Smite" and increase its duration (on you) to 2 rounds.