PDA

View Full Version : Optimization [PF, Mythic] Dual-Wielding Slayer Pirate

Da'Shain
2014-09-08, 02:31 PM
The ACG came out and I just have so many things I want to try. I'm building another character too, but looking at ACG makes me want to use its new stuff, and this is what I'm thinking about for now. (Well, this or a combat maneuver focused Swashbuckler/Monk, but we'll see.)

The game is pirate themed, so nautical in nature. It's 25 point buy, level 8, mythic rank 1, and everyone gets leadership as a free feat; our cohort has to be a single-classed version of w/e our main class is but other than that the sky's the limit. What I'm looking to make is a character that tears people up like tissue paper when he can full attack; once we get to MR 3 he'll be moving and full attacking pretty much every round (almost certainly will be a mythic Champion). Here's what i have so far:

Tengu Blademaster
Swashbuckler 1/Slayer (Stygian) 7
Base stats (Tengu, no items yet):
STR 10
DEX 22
CON 12
INT 13
WIS 12
CHA 10

Build:
Traits: Reactionary, Indomitable Faith
1) Weapon Focus: Sawtooth Saber, Swashbuckler 1 (Free Weapon Finesse, Grit pool of 1, Deeds, mostly Opportune Parry/Riposte))
2) Slayer 1 (Studied Target move action +1 atk/dmg, Track)
3) Slashing Grace (Sawtooth Saber), Slayer 2 (Ranger Style: Two-Weapon Fighting)
4) Slayer 3 (Sneak Attack +1d6)
5) Double Slice, Slayer 4 (Invisibility 1/day)
6) Slayer 5 (Studied Target +2 atk/dmg, 2 targets at once)
7) Combat Expertise, Slayer 6 (Sneak Attack +2d6, Ranger Style: Improved Two-Weapon Fighting)
8) Slayer 7 (Spell Use: spell completion for illusions spells 0-4th level, Studied Target as swift action)

Mythic Champion 1: Fleet Charge, Impossible Speed; Unknown Mythic Feat

Before factoring in any magic items, he attacks 5 times a round: twice at +13/+13 with his sabers for 1d8+6, twice at +8/+8 for same, and then a fifth time for 1d3 with his beak at +9. All of these are easily enhanced with Studied Target for +2 atk/dmg, and by winning initiative or flanking add +2d6 damage to each. I threw in Combat Expertise so that I could go for Two-Weapon Feinting later on, and also have an option to increase my AC in a pinch if necessary. I did not dump CHA because I did not want to weaken my cohort, who I still have to build and who should be a 6th-level Slayer of any kind.

Not sure what Mythic feat to take yet; I could've just taken Weapon Finesse but I figured since Slashing Grace is there I might as well use a non-mythic feat on it. However, by switching to Wakizashis and taking Mythic Weapon Finesse in its place, I could free up a normal feat slot (probably for Improved Crit on those Wakizashis) and then have dex to damage on my beak too. That's what I'm thinking, but I'm worried I might be missing a better Mythic feat, or something flashier or more fun, at least.

So, thought? Suggestions? This is really the bare bones of the build so far, and it looks workable (there is a primary melee in the party to work with, I just want to be the one slicing things to pieces and having some skill utility). My main worry is his Will saves, which would be abysmally low, but I'm hoping to buff that with magic items/helpful party members.