PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in Time & Space

Dodgeson
2014-09-08, 02:40 PM
Mark didn't show up today, again. The first time it happened your biggest concern was that you'd have to be the one that put up the new shelves, after all it wasn't uncommon for him to be not show up for a few days when he was looking for somewhere else to crash or if he'd found himself some more long term work, but as time went on with no sign of him you decided to take matters in to your own hands.

It only took a little inquiry at his known hangouts to find that he'd been sleeping in an abandoned tube station that he'd discovered along with some friends and after that only a quick Google search to find out how best to access this particular station, an old service access a few one hundred meters from an established station

This is how Hoshiko finds herself on the busy platform looking for her opportunity to duck onto the track in to the and into the dark tunnel.

Ecksdee
2014-09-09, 11:25 PM
"Oh Mark. Where the bloody hell are you?"

Hoshiko sighed, resting her hands on her hips as she stood on the bustling train platform, looking around at everyone present. She really did detest taking the Underground. She knew it was "the fastest way to get around" the city but she'd much rather take a bus, taxi, or (*GASP*) just walk. What she planned on doing at the moment could be considered completely mad. What if she messed up and got hit? Or even electrocuted? Either way, she was here now. And there was no way she was going to turn back.

Not with Mark's life possibly in the balance.

Yeah. That sounded dramatic. But she was totally worried he might have been scooped up by some sort of madman or mixed up with a bunch of druggies. She had to get to this abandoned tube station he'd been rumored to be sleeping in. Maybe there... she'd find some clues. Moving closer and closer to the route she planned to take she continued to look around for anyone who may have been paying attention to her. The last thing she wanted was for someone to scream about a madwoman being on the tracks trying to commit suicide or something...

Dodgeson
2014-09-10, 12:20 PM
Slipping off the track should be easy enough for our plucky heroine, people are far too occupied with their smartphones, free newspapers and desperately trying not to make eye-contact with anyone else on the platform to pay attention to what she's doing, God bless London.

Roll Coordination+Subterfuge to sneak away

Ecksdee
2014-09-12, 08:49 AM
God bless London indeed. Hoshiko took a deep breath, looked around one more time, and put her plan into motion. She just hoped no security cameras were pointed her way. Wouldn't do much good if she got down successfully, only to have to outrun peeved guards. Taking another deep breath she slipped down and broke into a run as soon as her feet hit the ground. Gotta move fast!

[roll0]

Dodgeson
2014-09-13, 02:53 AM
You slip away in to the tunnel without a single soul noticing and once you get a small way in it's dark enough that you don't even need to try and be sneaky. The dark of course presents its own set of problems but you own a smart phone so I'm sure you can solve them.

Your internet research was on the money and you quickly come to a doorway with a large metal door hanging off its hinges and passed that steps leading down in to the darkness.

Ecksdee
2014-09-15, 05:34 PM
"This is a horrible idea, still." Hoshiko mutters to herself. What if a crazed madman jumped out of the shadows and got her? No telling who or what dwelt down here! But she came this far, she reasoned. The darkness wasn't that scary anyway. She did have her phone for light, after all. Taking a deep breath she pushed onward, one hand feeling along the wall as she ventured down the steps.

Dodgeson
2014-09-16, 11:40 AM
Oh don't worry worry Hoshiko there's no crazed madmen down here, not a single one. :smalltongue:

At the bottom of the stairs the entrance to the to the old platform proper is blocked by a metal cover, or rather was as it would appear that something has torn through it leaving a hole more than large enough for our intrepid heroine to step through. The platform itself is completely silent bar the muffled noises from the tube system above, not even the creeping scratching noises of the vermin that you would expect to find this far under the streets of London. The only exception to this being a hunched figure in the dark, shuffling around at the far end of the platform.

Ecksdee
2014-09-21, 08:41 AM
The hole she slipped through doesn't sit well with her at all. What could've done that? And... was it something still down here? She shook her head, clearing it of worry. Or at least attempted to, anyway. It took her eyes awhile to adjust but eventually she could see the entire abandoned platform quite clearly. Which included the sole figure moving around at the other end of it.

"Ahh..." Uneasily she stepped forward, realizing that it was quiet enough for her to be heard shuffling around. No use trying to stay quiet any longer. "Hello? I'm uh... looking for someone. Can you uh... help me?"

Dodgeson
2014-09-22, 11:55 AM
The figure shakily turns towards her, an older man with a wild dirty beard and unkempt hair. He swigs from a bottle in his hand as he squints to make her out in the gloom, his other hand gesturing down the station's long abandoned rails. "If they're here they're in the tunnel!"

Ecksdee
2014-09-26, 09:25 AM
Oh. Ok. Just some homeless guy. He was cool, right? Sure. He totally was. Hoshiko sighed with relief, even smiling the bearded man's way. At least he seemed willing to provide her with some useful information. Stepping up onto the platform, moving a bit closer to him.

"Hello! My name is Hoshiko. Umm... I don't suppose you wouldn't mind guiding me down there? I don't know my way and you seem to so..."

Dodgeson
2014-09-28, 03:19 AM
He drains the contents of his bottle with a final swig, throwing it to the ground as he wipes his mouth. "I'll take you. I'm all out anyway." Stepping down on to the track he starts in to the tunnel which quickly fills with refuse and the unmoving forms of London's destitute atop dirty mattresses. "Found what you were looking for."

Ecksdee
2014-10-01, 09:43 PM
"Thank you..." Immediately Hoshiko began to look around at the assembled homeless, trying to pick out Mark's familiar face. It was a bit hard to see giving the dank lightning, and more than once she mistook a stranger or two for her friend.