PDA

View Full Version : The Infinite Reaches (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

josienoms
2014-09-09, 12:19 AM
Criminals throughout the Central Empire hear rumors of the prison moon of Elsewhere. A penal colony that doesn't officially exist, the worst and most powerful of lawbreakers are sent there. And for one reason or another, all of you have wound up there.

A small ship carrying two new inmates descends towards the small moon, orbiting a massive gas giant. A sleek, swift craft meant only to touch down, drop off the prisoners, and take off again. Titan and Chana have Essence Dampening Collars fitted around their necks, sitting in separate cells behind force fields. You can see each other across the narrow corridor.

On the surface, the inmates, the Exalted amongst them also fitted with the collars, are gathering near the platform. Dragon Blooded guards armed with Beamklaves and Starcasters keep anyone from getting too close. Every so often, someone tries to escape by running the barricade and stowing away aboard a transport ship. It has yet to work.

The ship lands on a platform, and the force fields holding Titan and Chana fade. Dragon Blooded officers in Imperial Navy uniforms walk to your cells and march the two of you out, through the narrow corridor and down a ramp onto the platform below.

The inmates jeer at the new arrivals, though some quiet at the sight of the collars. The guards open a path for them to walk out onto the surface of Elsewhere, before those from the ship climb back aboard, and depart.

The guards begin to disperse the crowd of inmates, leaving Titan and Chana standing alone. A few inmates stay behind, some looking like they want to intimidate the fresh meat, some more long-term inmates just seem curious. Others seem terrified, too afraid to move.

Not much is visible from here. The landing platform is purposefully far away from the prisoner's quarters or the security centers. There are a few paths and roads leading off in various directions, and a forest to the south.

Elsewhere is a violent place. Escape is supposed to be impossible. But with the right group of people, working together for the right reasons, it can be done.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-09, 12:38 AM
One of the open cells is dark. Well almost dark, a slight glow moves around in it and the smell of burning paper and tobacco emanates from it with the smoke clouds. No one goes near it. Inmates purposely make their way to the other side of the hall just to avoid it. Even the Exalted guards seem nervous around there. One would think eyes reflecting the glow would join it but there is nothing. Nothing watching out from inside, nothing checking out the newbies. Nothing there. And nothing preferred it that way.

Obscurejones
2014-09-09, 12:48 AM
Titan walks out into the open air, openly disdainful of the waiting prisoners. He addresses Chana with a cool professional indifference as he speaks, his voice crisp and calm.
"We will be collecting a small group of notables prior to our escape. I would appreciate if you could remove the collars prior to our meeting with them. I do not relish the idea of recruiting monsters without my exaltation working at full capacity."
He looks around the assembled prisoners, carefully looking for the largest among them.
"Good day to you all. My name is Titan of the Autumnal Eve. I am here under suspicion of several hundred counts of murder. This is my protege, Chana. If any of you lay a hand upon her, I will kill you. You will die choking on your own blood and bile, excreting liquefied organs from every orifice. As you gasp for air and your last breathes shudder and bubble through your wretched excreta I will kick you in the head, mostly to make it plain that I do not care for your behavior. I realize this may seem like an over reaction on my part. It is not. It is a measured response to willful ignorance of your lot in life. We are your betters. And your lives are forfeit if you offend us."

JonRG
2014-09-09, 01:06 AM
Chana fidgets with the collar at her neck. Her fingers stroke across the tiny flat-panel screen. "I'll see what tools I can get, but if that falls through, I'm gonna need a guard's thumb. Probably a live one," she mutters back. Chana stands next to the boss, her face falling as he addresses the crowd. "W-what the hell is he doing? Holy chit, every onna these guys is gonna shiv us while we sleep. Okay breathe, girl. Calm and collected. Just like he taught ya." She suppresses the urge to run and hide. A smirk even finds its way across her face.

She was pretty cool, wasn't she?

ChaosArchon
2014-09-09, 04:18 AM
From his cell, which is strangely quite clean and seems to be lacking a cellmate, a thin, beautiful man watches the ship land and views the new prisoners with interest. They wore collars similar to his, although the thought that they were cut from the same ancient cloth at his was very unlikely. As part of his training he had learned of the other Exaltations, and indeed he was a rather rare breed even compared to the others. Still it would behoove him to meet them, provided they didn't seem to be too violent or unwieldy.

btw Josie, you can have my UC talk to me, given I don't think the players gets to control him

josienoms
2014-09-09, 09:49 AM
In response to Titan's tirade, one of the closer prisoners scoffs. A middle aged man fitted with a collar, with broad shoulders and greasy black hair. He rolls his eyes as he does so.

"I get it, we're supposed to be impressed by your list of crimes. Whatever. Let's get one thing straight. We're not as helpless as you think. All of us are here for mass murder, genocide, destruction of planets. You're nothing special, and you don't scare me."

A posse of others gathers behind him. It would seem he's the leader of some sort of prison gang.

JonRG
2014-09-09, 10:48 AM
Anger wells up in Chana's chest. "Lookit you. You pushed a button. Wanna gold star?" Her eyes flash. "Killin's easy for you, because you don't see 'em as people. Because to look at somethin' unique and beautiful and crush the life outta it anyway, watch the light leave their eyes, and then get up tomorrow and do it again? I don't think you got it in ya." She folds her arms across her chest. Chana might not have the boss's elocution down just yet, but she could argue with the best of them.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-09, 11:19 AM
The glow in the cell hits the floor and is snuffed out before a young girl makes her way out to the crowd. She normally let the new meat find out for itself but something was different about these two. The guy seemed a blowhard but the girl, easy on the eyes she may be had something. As she approached the people started giving her a bit of a berth. No one seemed too keen on impeding her movement. "And what was it you were brought in for again Thatch?" She says eyes closed as she adjusts the jumpsuit she's in a bit.

Glancing back up at the man who has over a foot on her her eyes reveal black orbs.
"How's the arm by the way?" She pulls out a fresh cigar from inside her suit and a match. She strikes it against his suit and takes a pull.

JonRG
2014-09-09, 12:19 PM
Chana looks at the newcomer, armed with a pithy remark. It dies on her lips. "She's... beautiful." She looks awkwardly at Titan. Hopefully, he wouldn't notice how nervous she was.

horus42
2014-09-09, 12:20 PM
Tal Hajus walks over, a scowl crossing his face. He stands head and shoulders above even the tallest of the human inmates as he approaches through the thinning crowd. He uses his lower set of arms to pull his fur cloak over his body, sheltering himself from the cold. His voice is rough and raspy, his Larathian accent showing in his Low Imperial. "That's enough, Thatch. You've made your point, there's no need for this to escalate. They're clearly not intimidated by you either." Something that looked very much like approval passes Tal Hajus' eyes.

He turns to look at the new arrivals. "My name is Tal Hajus. Welcome to Elsewhere." There's a trace of irony in his voice as he starts to walk off.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-09, 12:27 PM
The well-dressed man continues to watch from his cell with increasing interest, dull as the brute Thatch's mind might be, very few people seemed to cross him. However now it seemed an entire party of people were going beginning to mock him. For now Marax would watch the events as the proceeded, so he would know who to throw his lot in with, although he still held out hope that just now his crew was planning a daring attempt to rescue their leader from this hellhole known as the Elsewhere.

josienoms
2014-09-09, 10:28 PM
Thatch turns on his heel and glares at Sorrow.

"Sorrow and Tal Hajus. Why am I not surprised?" He glowers at Sorrow, specifically.

"The arm's better than ever." He clenches his fists in anger, puffing out his barrel chest.

"If I didn't have this damned collar on, I'd burn you to cinders where you stood."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-09, 10:54 PM
Sorrow blows the smoke in his face. "yeah but you do have that collar. so that means I can do this." With a lightning fast jab she jams the cigar into his face letting the red hot ash scar eye tissue and burn flesh.

Dex + Stealth to make attack surprise. 6 dice, using the smoke as a sort of fog to hide the gesture.

6 dice [roll0]
Stunt if any 3d10
Attacking with the weapon. it's improvised so -3 attack, melee, dex 3 melee 5 -3 wepaon 5 dice. + any stunt.
[roll1]
Stunt if any
[roll2]

josienoms
2014-09-09, 11:02 PM
Thatch screams in pain as the lit cigar is jabbed into his eye. He backs away, one hand covering his burns.

"KILL THEM!"

Might be a new record for Join Battle rolls! :smalltongue:

Kell_tamer
2014-09-09, 11:13 PM
The cigar is flung into the air, still lit enough as the Dusk actions blur. She was faster than these guys. She knew it. And she would remind them why it didn't pay to mess with her or anyone she decided to take a fancy to. Her body is already into a position of offense when they are still coordinating their actions. They don't see the knife, and they won't see it until its too late.

Joining Battle. I get +1 auto success on the roll from Death Scythe in Hand. I am also allowed to reflexively draw her weapon thanks to the charm, and also allowed to make a free reflexive attack ALONGSIDE my normal attack thanks to Reaper Mastery Style and my first action enjoys a speed of 3 regardless of the attack type.

Lets spend a willpower on this to add another sux on the JB roll

[roll0] +2 Sux
Stunt if any
[roll1]

Obscurejones
2014-09-10, 12:05 AM
With a solemn grunt Titan rips a shred of silk from his sleeve, swiping the resulting swatch along the ground. As it trails over bits of earth and stray dirt it catches against a stray stone. As it does he snaps his wrist and the silk whistles through the air, arcing around Titan's hand, a green and grey disc that dislodges the stone with a thin snap of silk cracking through the air.
"You would be Sorrow. You will be escaping with us. As will you, Tal Hajus."

Christ thrown weapon accuracy sucks ass. [roll0]
Lordy I need a stunt [roll1]

ChaosArchon
2014-09-10, 09:17 AM
The man finally decides to leave his cell, as intriguing as a fight between the two groups would be, it would attract the attention of the guards in this area of the prison which would ruin any chance of an escape on his part. He is dressed in an exquisite teal dress robe under which is a similarly colored shirt and pants made with the same style, along with a similarly colored chain on the left should which is affixed to it with some form of a sapphire seal with some crest on it. His black, shoulder-length hair falls over his sapphire blue eyes and immaculately beautiful face and he moves with a grace commonly seen in dancers rather than hardened criminals.

He speaks with a soft but commanding voice,"I suggest you all leave this fight for a later date, perhaps at night when you are all less likely to be discovered by the guards. There are those among us who wish to attract less attention from the guards, not more."

Manipulate+Presence: [roll0] 2 sux

JonRG
2014-09-10, 09:41 AM
Chana rushes forward. Guy had a point. Best way to end this fight was quickly, but she wasn't gonna just roll over and take her licks. That was never her style. Instead, she rushes forward. Thatch seemed to be favoring his right eye, so she dips over to that side. Planting her foot, Chana drives her fist into his temple.

This fool will be punched, whenever my tick rolls around.

Attack: 9d10
Stunt: [roll0]

horus42
2014-09-10, 09:56 AM
Tal Hajus scoffs. "We don't need more evidence of your cowardice, Marax. These men intend to kill us, and I will not allow it."

The huge Thark tosses aside his cloak for ease of movement, and lunges at the nearest of Thatch's goons, attempting to grab him with both right arms.

Join Battle:

[roll0]

Grabbing the goon, Dex+Martial Arts:

[roll1]

Stunts, if any:

[roll2]
[roll3]

josienoms
2014-09-10, 11:15 AM
Before anyone can react, a few things happen at once.

Thatch ducks out of the way of both the attacks being launched at him, despite his wounded eye. Tal manages to grab hold of the closest minion's throat with both his right hands.

And then, Sorrow moves.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-10, 12:09 PM
As a quick surge of restored essence fills Sorrow, she lets it bleed out. it did no good for her at the moment. May as well make it show though. a circle with eight spokes appears upon her brow. As it does so blood drips. The mortals would be reminded what they were facing. The terrestrials would learn the hard way.

With a quick lunge and a strike before anyone even has time to react Sorrow plunges her knife into Thatch's throat as it lowers to her range. Apparently a compound fracture didn't teach the terrestrial anything so a lesson in bleed out would be the only option.

Spinning around as the knife draws blood she moves as a swift blur. the blade catches the cigar in its spin, bringing the hot ash back around to strike into the Fire Aspect's greasy hair. Shame he couldn't use his powers. The blade cuts along toward his eye dragging the searing red carcinogen along his temple.

As she finishes she glances at the other terrestrials and mortals, blood dripping from the mark on her head.
Two attacks, one is a free reflexive as per the permanent upgrade of Reaper Mastery Style. The other is a speed 3 action as per Death Scythe in Hand permanently making her first action in a combat speed 3.

First attack uses Dexterity 3 + Melee 5 + Accuracy 2 + blades specialty 3 for 13 dice
[roll0]

Stunt if any
[roll1]

Second attack uses the same pool
[roll2]
stunt if any.
[roll3]

ChaosArchon
2014-09-10, 12:12 PM
Marax chuckles and moves his hand in a lackadaisical motion at Taj,"Listen mate, what you call cowardice, I call pragmatism. Now I have no issue with the dispensing of violence to result in the proleptical demise of an individual. My issue is I quite like living, and don't want a guard to clop me over the head because of some fight. Savvy?"

josienoms
2014-09-10, 06:53 PM
Thatch falls to his knees, his hands on his face as he screams in agony. Blood pours from his face, and his greasy hair catches fire.

The mortal members of his gang run away, leaving the burning, bleeding Thatch, two of his Terrestrial cronies, and the mortal who's currently being choked by Tal.

One of the Terrestrials, a woman with buzzed blonde hair and empty brown eyes lunges at Sorrow, throwing a punch. It connects, but doesn't do much harm.

Another picks up a rock from the ground and throws it at Tal Hajus, but it misses.

Kell, take 2 dice for your cool stunt! And also 1 bashing damage. :smalltongue:

Chana and Tal now!

Kell_tamer
2014-09-11, 12:08 AM
Moving with the punch in a light spin Sorrow brings the cigar back up to her mouth and removing it from the knife, and quickly thrusts the blade into the terrestrial woman's face. While she's aiming for an eye, she'll settle with just a horrible face wounding.

A hand removes the cigar as she finishes the action, quite satisfied with her handiwork.

"I guess it is true what they say about you dragons... you work well together. I don't think anyone could fall as gracefully as a unit as you."

Another single attack with a full dice pool. Spending the WP i just got back for an extra success. 13 dice + stunt again
[roll0] 7 +1 from WP so 8
stunt if any
[roll1] 2 3 or 4 ( depending on die rating)

JonRG
2014-09-11, 12:54 PM
Chana looks horrified, then grits her teeth and winds up for another punch. Maybe, if she actually managed to hit this one, they wouldn't all have to die.

Attack: [roll0]
Stunt: [roll1]

horus42
2014-09-12, 10:30 AM
"Refusing to act because you're afraid of the consequences? Sounds like cowardice to me."

After speaking, Tal Hajus moves his head out of the way of the thrown rock, and bellows a challenge. He adjusts his grip on the mortal in his arms, so that all four hands are around his ankles. He charges at his attacker, dragging the poor, screaming mortal along with him.

He spins around, his muscles bulging with the effort. If he could still use Essence, this would have been trivial. Even still, his size and strength allowed him to enact his rash plan. Wielding the thug like a club, he bashes his attacker over the head.

I assume I can use melee for this, right?

Dex+Melee: [roll0]

Kell_tamer
2014-09-12, 10:46 AM
The dusk quirks an eyebrow over the empty black eyes. she glances with a smirk at Tal. "I like you..."

josienoms
2014-09-12, 10:50 AM
Sorrow's blade sinks into the DB's face, causing her to howl in agony.

Chana's next punch is dodged, but it leaves the remaining DB distracted enough to be flattened by Tal and his improvised club.

Wounded and scared, and left without a leader as Thatch succumbs to his burns and stops twitching, the remaining minions flee! Looks like they learned not to mess with you.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-12, 10:52 AM
Sorrow taps the body with her foot. "He died as he lived.... a bitch..."

ChaosArchon
2014-09-12, 10:55 AM
Marax walks over to the now smoldering corpse of Thatch and, with his quite fashionable and stylish boots, delivers a swift kick to the groin region of the now dead Fire Aspect while shouting,"That'll teach you to mess with us." and then turns to the group,"Great job mates, had your back the entire time if things got rough, name's Marax by the by nice to meetcha," he says as he shakes everyones' hands.

horus42
2014-09-12, 10:56 AM
He lets them run, stretching in the aftermath of battle. "You" he says to Sorrow, "Have spirit, and skill. I respect that." He grins and nods in her direction.

Obscurejones
2014-09-12, 10:56 AM
Staring down at the charred corpse, Titan smiles. A perfect crew for this venture. And all placed properly. He'd have to write the warden a commendation.
"If there are no objections I would like to offer a well cooked lunch to you all. Sorrow, thank you for cooking the meat. May I borrow your knife to trim it?"

JonRG
2014-09-12, 10:59 AM
Chana folds her arms. No way some rich ponce was gonna act like he'd been with them the entire time. Instead, she casts an eye towards Titan. "Uh, Boss... what're you doin'? You're not actually gonna-" Her gorge rises at the prospect.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-12, 11:01 AM
Sorrow wipes the knife on her jumpsuit and has it pointed at Titan. with a quick gesture its flipped and the hilt is presented to him. She didn't need it if he decided to try anything funny.

horus42
2014-09-12, 11:03 AM
Tal Hajus bursts out into raucous laughter. "A fitting fate for the little bastard. I'd never eat Thark, but... Human's a different story."

Obscurejones
2014-09-12, 11:04 AM
"I am asking Sorrow, Taj, and sadly even Marax to share a meal with us. And requesting the use of a knife to facilitate the preparation of said meal."
Reaching down Titan gingerly yanks out one of Thatch's eyes and pops it in his mouth. Offers the other around, wordlessly.

JonRG
2014-09-12, 11:13 AM
"That's gross!" Chana recoils in horror. She'd never eaten a human before, but... he had. "I'm not hungry..." she mutters, arms folded tightly across her chest.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-12, 11:22 AM
Sorrow wraps an arm around the girl. "Eh its not so bad, but... the real taste lies in the blood. She looks the girl up and down. "Can see why Thatch was interested in you. Probably looking for a tasty treat himself."

Obscurejones
2014-09-12, 11:27 AM
"If that is how you feel, Chana. But I would like to break the metaphorical fast with our new friends. And I am hardly one to let good meat go to waste because of its origins. Are we certain no one would like the eye? It is quite good. Just slightly cooked. Somewhat like a poached egg at this point."
With his free hand he takes hold of the knife, makes a few quick cuts in Thatch's skin, praying he has the essence for what comes next. He takes care to make each cut as deft as possible. Exaltation rewards precision, and if he took care not to spill any of the juices on the ground and let the meat continue to cook in its protective casing he may have what he needs for what comes next. He smiles as a trickle of essence allows the power he needs, herbs and spices sprouting from his hair. He lops off a lemon growing near his nape and squeezes it over the corpse, stuffs some bay between the skin and the meat.
"Are there any requests for seasonings? If you would like Sorrow I could produce some more tobacco for you to enjoy with the meat."

Int+Craft+Cooking[roll0]
Stunt, if any [roll1]

Kell_tamer
2014-09-12, 11:32 AM
Sorrow thinks a moment. "I prefer the core myself. The heart is a constantly working muscle, usually quite tender. Willing to split of course."

ChaosArchon
2014-09-12, 11:33 AM
Marax smiles, and while he might be immaculately beautiful, this smile was one that reflected immense cruelty and blood-hunger. He views the corpse not as well a corpse, but as an amalgamation of different variables, different delicacies, different signals in the static. He finally finds the variable he wishes to consume, the central variable in ones' machine husk known as a body. He reaches for the heart with the hunger of one-thousand black holes, a hunger which reaches from the very beginning of hunger itself. As Sorrow makes her intent to eat the heart clear, Marax says,"I would never attempt to separate one from their chosen dish, but perhaps we can share the heart between us?"

JonRG
2014-09-12, 11:33 AM
Chana flinches at first, but then eases into the girl's embrace. It felt... right, somehow. Like she belonged here. The air was thick with the smell of cooked meat, making her mouth water a little. With a small sigh, she sits down. Chana might not have stomach for human flesh just yet, but she might as well enjoy the others' company.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-12, 11:39 AM
"Again more in it for the blood." She glances around. "We should probably move to a cell though." Sorrow pulls a cigar from her jumpsuit and offers it to the lunar girl. "Want one?"

horus42
2014-09-12, 11:40 AM
Tal Hajus grumbles at the way Marax sidles himself into the group, and ends up taking Titan up on the offer of the eye.

He pops it into his mouth, chewing slowly, vitreous humor dribbling down his chin, which he wipes with the back of his hand. "During my time on the surface of Cecelyne, I became quite fond of paprika and garlic. If you could scrounge up some of those, I would appreciate it."

Obscurejones
2014-09-12, 11:44 AM
Nodding, Titan sprouts a bulb and a few peppers.
"My apologies Taj, but I am not able to extrude the peppers in their dried form. I hope fresh is allowed by your palate."
Without waiting for a response he slices the peppers and minces the garlic, using a thing cut to let the slivers melt into the viscera. Delicious smells waft off of the corpse.
"Marax, Procure plates and utensils. You have a few moments."

JonRG
2014-09-12, 01:21 PM
Chana nods. She usually only smoked while casing an apartment, but it would be a distraction from everything else going on.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-12, 01:24 PM
Sorrow offers a match and then takes a pull of her own cigar. So what're you in for? You can guess what I'm here for.

JonRG
2014-09-12, 01:32 PM
Chana smiles a little nervously. She whispers into Sorrow's ear, "I'm here to get you out."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-12, 01:36 PM
"That so?" She looks over with a grin. "And how pray tell do you intend we do that?"

JonRG
2014-09-12, 01:40 PM
"Still workin' on it. Haven't even been here an hour yet." Chana makes a bit of a face as she inhales the cigar. Definitely a bit stronger than the cigarettes she usually went for.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-12, 01:44 PM
She leans in and whispers. "You get me out of this collar and I'll find a way to repay you that you won't forget." She pulls back a bit grinning. Girl had spirit, if a bit weak in the knees towards what was happening. Well she had to be dangerous then if she was here. Probably was just an act. But hey it was an act Sorrow liked. She'd enjoy it for now.

JonRG
2014-09-12, 02:18 PM
Chana blushes deeply and silently smokes her cigar. She looks over at Titan nervously.

Obscurejones
2014-09-12, 02:37 PM
Titan doesn't look up from his work, but a few of his sprouts bristle just slightly at the conversation.
"She will be helping us all escape, Sorrow. And is hardly the sort to demand payment for her duty. But may appreciate some small token of esteem. Marax, if you do not hurry you will delay the meal. Scuttle quickly."

ChaosArchon
2014-09-12, 03:04 PM
Marax sighs, plates were quite the commodity in this prison and he was sure Titan knew it. Plates could be weapons, pillows, Frisbees, and of course plates; therefore many a inmate coveted and dreamed of having his own set of plates. "Very well, I'll see what I can do, bring the fire body in my cell and I'll see how I can go about procuring some plates for us."

Thus Marax begins to head towards his cell and kicks down a tree with his quite fashionable boots, resulting in the tree crashing down to the ground. By either Yozi meddling or simply such an auspicious kick, the tree cracks in such a way that he uses a small knife of his to whittle pieces out of the fallen tree and fashion them into small plates and other such utensils.

PER (2)+ Crafting (5):[roll0] 5 sux :smallbiggrin:
stunting:[roll1]

JonRG
2014-09-12, 10:31 PM
Chana looks at Titan nervously. If she didn't know better, she say that he was annoyed with her. "Boss, you want me to get his legs?"

Obscurejones
2014-09-12, 10:34 PM
"If you pierce the skin on his back much of my work and that of Sorrow will be wasted. And I know how you'd hate to disappoint her."
It is unsure how Titan said that. As he has no cats to acquire skills from in his library of heart's blood.

JonRG
2014-09-12, 10:43 PM
Chana nods, a blush creeping across her cheeks. Then she gingerly takes Thatch's body into her arms. "Did he say where his cell- Ehn, I'll find it." A thief could smell opulence from a mile away. When Chana arrives at the cell, she lays Thatch gently on Marax's ornamental rug. Looked like a cheap knock off anyway.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-12, 11:28 PM
Marax finishes labors in short time, surely some beautiful goddess of the universe had aided him in this endeavor which should have taken hours. What once were bits of wood were now five exquisite plates which any noble would die to dine off of. Such were these disks of wooden perfection, that in later years they would be used at state dinners by the thousandth Emperor of the Galaxy and other such notable individuals such as The Oncoming Storm, the Lonely God, and the alien who went by the name Time Lord Victorious. But that was neither here nor now, nor would it be for many, many years. At this present time these plates would be serving five criminals convicted of all sorts of heinous crimes and would soon be holding their cannibalistic meal.

Nevertheless, Marax returned to his cell in time to see Chana lay their meal on his nice rug upon which the man exclaimed,"Hey! That rug was a gift from my cousin... actually yeah that's fine. Anyway here are our plates and utensils."

JonRG
2014-09-13, 08:25 PM
"Your cousin has lousy taste," Chana snaps back. She was tired, scared, and if her sense was accurate, probably gonna be compelled by her mentor to eat a dead man. Not in the greatest of moods, all told. Although... Chana flushes as Sorrow sits down next to her.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-13, 09:04 PM
The abyssal glances around the room. "We will need to wait for the guard shifts to die down before we try anything. I did just kill a terrestrial and it tends to make them cranky." She looks at the lunar girl. "but you think you can get these things off? best bet is to make it look like its still hooked on."

JonRG
2014-09-13, 09:29 PM
Chana puts a hand to her chin in thought. "Before I can do that, I have to disable mine first, and for that I need some privacy." She taps at her throat.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-13, 10:38 PM
"My cell is pitch black if you need it." She gestures to the dark space.

Obscurejones
2014-09-13, 11:34 PM
"We have time. Stay for a moment. Eat. Try some of the meat. The shoulder should be particularly succulent."

ChaosArchon
2014-09-13, 11:37 PM
Marax sniffs,"Yeah she never did have good taste, even after I flambeed her. Oh well such is life." and sits down,"Now there was mention of removing these damned collars?" he says with a mischievous grin.

JonRG
2014-09-13, 11:44 PM
Chana nods and kips herself to her feet. "Sounds good to me. I'll be right back." She sashays off to Sorrow's room. Settles on the other bed, which doesn't seem to have seen much use. "Uh, okay. Don't. Don't stare. I don't like it when people stare." Her voice fades a little. In an instant, she's in her true form and the collar falls to the ground with a small clunk. Quickly she drags the collar under the bed and sets to work by the light of her caste mark. Little raccoon claws easily open the collar's casing. Her intention is to muck with the circuitry and brick the collar. Hopefully, then, she'd be able to close it on her neck, but open it at her leisure (not to mention negate the dampening effect). Chana finds the main wire, and trying not to shock herself, attempts to subtly butcher the collar's innards. "Just like Boss did with Thatch..."

I'm gonna muck with this locking mechanism! Go, dice roll!

Take that Lock!: [roll0] +2 sux

josienoms
2014-09-13, 11:52 PM
The little light on the biometric lock flickers and dies, before the system reboots. Chana is no longer bound by the Essence dampening collar, despite being able to appear as if she is.

JonRG
2014-09-14, 12:04 AM
Chana smiles and scurries from under the bed, dimming her caste mark to a dull glow. She'd done this once before already. She could do it again. Besides, Chana felt very close to Sorrow. She had to get her free. She had to.

Dumping my stunt motes into Second Dex. That's the power of love!

Whata!: [roll0] +4 sux

josienoms
2014-09-14, 12:11 AM
The same is now true of Sorrow! She's free to use her Charms and Anima and such.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-14, 12:14 AM
Sorrow lets out a light grin. "You do great work, got that knot right out... Got any other tricks with those hands?"

Obscurejones
2014-09-14, 12:19 AM
With a sour look on his face Titan hacks into the dead man's flesh, ripping free a hunk of the thigh, and bites in. A little blood drips from the corner of his mouth as his gaze travels to Sorrow's cell.

JonRG
2014-09-14, 12:24 AM
Chana shifts into her human form and the reality of the situation sinks in. She's alone, in the dark, with a known murderer. Not a very safe place to be. Titan. Have to get back to Titan. "We... we should get back to the others."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-14, 12:30 AM
"May need to ask another favor given you and yours are notoriously resilient. " She licks her lips a bit. "And frankly i'm a bit tapped on energy... so if you don't mind?"

JonRG
2014-09-14, 12:33 AM
"Um..." Sorrow's words about blood flash through her mind. "Oh! I... I suppose that'd be okay." Knees trembling, she pulls aside her collar and her hair to expose her neck. "J-just be sure to leave me some."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-14, 12:45 AM
"Not going to ruin something as perfect as you." With a firm embrace the abyssal extrudes fangs from her mouth and bites into the lunar. There is naught more than a couple pricks where it occurs. She doesn't even drink all that much. the sensation of weakness occurs a bit but otherwise naught physicially happens. After a bit she pulls away, content and taken what is necessary.

Given this is a long term scheme, She's not draining more than 5 motes any night. so 5 levels to Chana that she can heal back within an hour. well 4 in an hour, 1 in 3 if shes stingy on motes.

JonRG
2014-09-14, 12:57 AM
Chana looks a bit pale but no worse for wear. She pulls her collar back up. "I should get back, but that... that wasn't so bad." A small smile crosses her face as she wanders back to Marax's cell. It fades when she sees Titan. "Hey, Boss." Chana sits down next to him and whispers, "Got started on the plan."

Obscurejones
2014-09-14, 01:00 AM
"..."
Titan's whole body tenses as he sees the holes in Chana's neck. The little dots of red. His hand swivels at the end of his arm and then he looks down at it with a furious disappointment as no knife of bone appears. After a moment he unfolds from the floor and takes Chana by the wrist.
"Sorrow, might I have use of your cell for a moment?"

Kell_tamer
2014-09-14, 01:02 AM
Sorrow gestures to her kingdom. She had moved to a perch laying on her bed. "Be my guest..."

Obscurejones
2014-09-14, 01:04 AM
Titan bristles but restrains himself, but Chana feels his hand tighten to a vice on her wrist.
"My apologies Sorrow, the request was for a moment of privacy. There are... Things I must explain to Chana. About our situation here. And her decision making abilities."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-14, 01:06 AM
Sorrow frowns a bit but makes her way out of the dark corner of her cell. "Make it quick..." She wanders out.

Obscurejones
2014-09-14, 01:12 AM
Pulling Chana close Titan bends in and begins to speak to her in hurried and hushed High Imperial. His tone is tinged with concern, but also venom.

JonRG
2014-09-14, 01:17 AM
Chana answers back in the same tongue, anger and sadness seeping into her own voice. Eventually, she throws her arms around Titan, and they hug it out. Rubbing her moist eyes, she wanders out of the cell. "Thanks..." she mutters idly to Sorrow, trying not to look at her.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-14, 01:20 AM
While they are talking she leans against the cell wall outside and relights the cigar from earlier.

When Chana emerges Sorrow notes the eyes but says nothing. She makes her way back into her cell. She doesn't say a word and just lays back down on her cot, dim glow from the cigar lighting her face.

Obscurejones
2014-09-14, 01:34 AM
Titan is shaken by the previous conversation, but he seems notably less tense.
"Thank you for the use of your cell, Sorrow. If I may ask where are you acquiring your cigars? Do you have a preferred blend?"

Kell_tamer
2014-09-14, 01:47 AM
"These aren't considered taboo here, the guards are dragon blooded, we smoke whatever, not like it harms them." She lets out a puff of smoke. "Linowanian, also my knife if you would please" She holds her hand out to the man.

Obscurejones
2014-09-14, 01:48 AM
Titan flips the knife in his hand and hands it to her hilt first.
"I will grow you some fresher cigars. It seems only fair payment for your help today."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-14, 01:55 AM
She takes the knife but says nothing. The issues between those two ran deep. Maybe something would have to be done later, but for now it was best bet to just play nice.

JonRG
2014-09-14, 09:33 PM
Chana rolls her neck once, then ducks her head into the cell. "You," she points at Marax, "Let's take a walk." Chana doesn't wait for him to get up and simply walks down the row. When they get to somewhere quiet, she asks in a low voice, "So remind me, what exactly is it that you do, aside from eat hearts and cower behind your betters?" Chana has doubts about his utility in the escape, but despite her arrogant persona, she seems willing to hear him out.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-14, 09:46 PM
Marax tilts his head to one side,"Now you might be better at fighting, but that doesn't exactly make you my better does it? As for hearts, I do more than just eat them my dear," he winks. "Anyway love, I am more the just a pretty face. In addition to my abilities as an Exalt, I am the owner of Chthonian Industries, leader of the Netherial Raiders, and of course captain of the beautiful Strix starship."

JonRG
2014-09-14, 10:12 PM
Chana scowls, and rage flashes in her eyes. "M'notcher love, or dear, or sweetheart, or baby girl, or any of that chit, y'got that? You do not get to talk down to me. I dunno what kinda Exalt you are, but I know what you're not. That's why we are your betters." She got enough of that garbage from the other crewmen. "But you gotta ship. I can work with that. They know you're here?"

ChaosArchon
2014-09-14, 10:16 PM
Marax smiles and replies,"Aye, me crew knows I'm here. Deal went bad you see and I told them to escape without me, but to return and snatch me from this imperalist hell hole as soon as possible," he pauses and then says with a voice laced with pride,"My crew is the best in the verse, they'll find a way and they'll make sure we are all together to sail across the stars soon enough."

JonRG
2014-09-14, 10:50 PM
Chana nods but wrinkles her nose a bit. "Why're you talkin' like that? You're mega-rich and not afraid to show it. What, you think the experience of the common people lies in our lack of education? That you're 'one of us' now? Gimme a break." She traces a foot in the dirt. "I gotta get the boss set up first, but I guess I'll get to ya next. I'll be in touch." Chana walks back to find Titan without another word.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-14, 11:12 PM
As she turns around, Marax sighs and speaks softly, his words accented with a high Imperial accent,"If it erks you so I will desist with speaking in such a manner. Although I do believe it is the mark of an uncultured barbarian who criticizes how ones speaks, surely one of the Emperor's guard dogs would know better?"

JonRG
2014-09-14, 11:14 PM
"... A dog know its place. Too bad you're not that smart." With that, she's gone.

Obscurejones
2014-09-14, 11:44 PM
Titan is searching for unoccupied cells to claim for himself and Chana. Well perhaps unoccupied is the wrong word. Cells near Taj, Marax, and Sorrows. The occupation of them is negotiable by force.

josienoms
2014-09-15, 12:00 AM
Titan is able to find two seemingly unoccupied cells down the other end of the hallway. It seems as though there's no one outside their cells besides him.

Then why does he hear footsteps?

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 12:07 AM
Titan sighs and puts a hand to his forehead, gently massaging his temples.
"If there is someone there it seems only fair to tell you that I abhor surprises and am more then willing to kill someone for having the discourtesy to attempt one on me."

JonRG
2014-09-15, 12:14 AM
Chana walks up, then freezes several cells away. She watches her mentor from the shadows, wishing she had her switchklaives... and then wishing she didn't wish that.

josienoms
2014-09-15, 12:15 AM
A woman's voice, cold and harsh, sounds through the dark hallway.

"No surprises, then. Turn around, slowly, and let me see your hands."

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 12:16 AM
Titan does as requested, turning slowly hands out at his sides, palms open and out.

josienoms
2014-09-15, 12:19 AM
He sees her, a woman in an Imperial Navy uniform, with long dark hair. A Jade Starcaster is in her hand, aimed at Titan. A guard, then.

"I've heard that you new inmates have already caused trouble. Someone reported that you killed another inmate, and are hiding the corpse in this cell-block. Take me to him."

She tightens her grip on the handle of her weapon.

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 12:23 AM
Titan quirks an eyebrow and allows himself a hint of a smile.
"You are misinformed. Am I to assume that by him you mean the fellow who was killed? I am not hiding him. And I do not know what you hope to accomplish by searching my digestion."

josienoms
2014-09-15, 12:26 AM
"That," she says, "Is disgusting."

She relaxes slightly.

"But I was actually referring to someone else. Is Marax alive?"

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 12:32 AM
"Now that is supremely curious. And it suggests to me that you are decidedly not who you say you are."

ChaosArchon
2014-09-15, 12:36 AM
Once the arrogant Lunar leaves his presence, Marax returns to his cell and reclines on his bed and lays on his side, propping his head up with one hand while the other rests over his stomach. He looks over the alien in his cell and wonders what Exaltation the man possesses, as he too wore an essence dampener. Nevertheless he just continues to recline on his bed, ignoring the smell of the blood and flesh that was decaying. As much as he had said he wished to eat the man, he truly did not wish to and only acted so as to gain the other's trust. He had a more refined palate than those guard dogs, but nevertheless, he had to play at least a bit nicely, he was still trapped in here with them without his charms, his crew, or his gun.

josienoms
2014-09-15, 12:38 AM
"I think you might be kinda right."

She smirks, and her Anima flickers briefly, tongues of flame crackle around her.

"And kinda wrong. Now, I'll ask nicely. Please take me to Marax. I've been looking all over this damn moon for him for weeks."

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 12:43 AM
"No. I have no idea who you are, your intentions, your methods. I need Marax alive. And functional. Or at least as functional as he can be."

josienoms
2014-09-15, 12:46 AM
She sighs, and puts the gun away.

"The name's Jane. I'm the chief security officer on the Strix. All I want to do is pass along a message, and no one else could do deep cover like I can."

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 12:48 AM
Titan smiles.
"I can pass it along if need be."

josienoms
2014-09-15, 12:54 AM
She mutters something that sounds very much like swearing under her breath.

"I'm not going anywhere until I know the Captain's alive."

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 12:57 AM
"He is an attractive man who will not stop affecting a pirate accent despite his high standing. This description should be enough to show I have met him. Also, hand over your rifle. He was near useless in our fight. I can adapt that to his use so he can be more helpful."

josienoms
2014-09-15, 01:00 AM
Jane clutches the gun to her chest.

"No way I'm giving up my gun. I mean, the Captain hired me for a reason. Besides, when the time comes, I can help get him into the impound so he can have his own damn stuff."

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 01:02 AM
"Fair enough. Might I ask a question about your Captain? Simply out of... Curiosity."
Titan's eyes take on a slightly predatory gleam.
"Does he have a type? That he tends to bed? Or be bedded by?"

josienoms
2014-09-15, 01:07 AM
Jane tosses back her head and lets out a rich, throaty laugh.

"Human. His type is human. Well, as long as they're fit. And pretty. So, you, basically."

She smirks a little.

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 01:10 AM
"Oh, goooooood. And is he reasonably flexible? I just... Well, I can not help but imagine him making small scared animal noises, and it delights me."
Titan shivers with antici...
...pation!

josienoms
2014-09-15, 01:16 AM
"So I've heard. The Captain's very professional when it comes to the crew."

She shrugs again.

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 01:18 AM
"Well my apologies in advance if I break him. I am not known for my... Gentle approach."
My, what large Teeth, Titan has.
"The message, if you please?"

josienoms
2014-09-15, 01:20 AM
"Help is on the way. By now, it'll take about a month to put together everything we need for a rescue."

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 01:24 AM
"Wonderful. Time to work him over then. I will return him to you gently used."

josienoms
2014-09-15, 01:27 AM
"Just make sure he's alive. I'll be checking in, to make sure things aren't so bad for you all. If the Captain's taken a shine to you, we'll get you out of here too."

She gives a knowing smile, then retreats into the darkness.

JonRG
2014-09-15, 01:32 AM
Chana's nails dig into the wall as the woman departs. Part of her wants to lunge at Titan, choke the life out of that smiley bastard. She takes a deep breath and steps out into the open. "Hey, boss." Icicles hang from her words. "How's it goin'?"

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 01:34 AM
"I am going to assume you have been standing there long enough that I should express either embarrassment of chagrin. Fair to say?"
Titan tenses just slightly, a part of him all to keenly aware that he is not at the advantage here without access to his charms.

JonRG
2014-09-15, 01:40 AM
"Fair. Oh, totally. Totally fair." Chana's voice creeps up in pitch. "Lemme get this straight. I make eye contact with Sorrow, and you flip the hell out, but it's totally cool for you to go creep on Marax. What the actual HELL?" Her eyes flash silver. "Now what, do I get to threaten to kill you too? Seems only "fair," after all."

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 01:44 AM
"Marax is not my mate. He is a diversion. Something to play with. Therein lies the distinction."
His tone is level, civil, and careful to be slightly superior. Teacher to student. He needs to dispel this rage before it can lash out at him.

JonRG
2014-09-15, 01:55 AM
"How could you possibly know that? Is there some freakin' Lunar Bond-Vision I dunno about?" Chana runs her hands through her hair. "Hell, I barely know what's goin' on here, so I don't see how you could."

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 01:59 AM
Titan's voice goes ice cold, but he speaks softly, emphasizing every syllable with force.
"Because you are not the first of your line. You have not seen what I have seen. You have not seen your only friend destroyed. I know Sorrow is your mate because I know that she was his. And I saw what it led to. You saw the final step, did you not? I know that I do not see Marax as he saw her. As I know you must see her. Are we clear, Chana?"

JonRG
2014-09-15, 02:13 AM
Chana tries to speak, but the words won't come, just spates of syllables. Tears well in her eyes. She rushes forward and throws her arms around Titan. Buries her face in his silk shirt and sobs bitterly.

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 02:15 AM
"I..."
He holds her for a moment and then delicately tries to extract himself.
"That was... That was cruel of me. And unthinking to pursue my sport so close to your trial. I beg your forgiveness. And ask that... Do not let me be cruel, Chana. As I said I would like to be your friend. Your mentor if you will have me. But I can be cruel. And I should not be cruel to my friends."

JonRG
2014-09-15, 02:30 AM
Chana rubs her eyes with her sleeve. "I want that, and- and- I think you deserve to be happy. I just want a chance too, yanno?"

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 02:37 AM
"I want... I wanted, Anris's happiness. So much. I cannot put into words what I desired for him. And I sometimes forget... I see so much of him in you. More then is fair to you."
Titans shivers and takes a step back from Chana.
"You have seen some of what I was to him. And I cannot. But I know that to me he was almost everything. Losing him... Letting her destroy him. Seeing what happened when she appeared. It broke me, in a way. It is not fair to her, perhaps, nor to you. But I cannot help but see the pain she caused whenever you look at her. And we need her. I was sent to gather her close. And I brought you because... Because I need you. But also to see if... If I could survive you meeting her. If you could survive it."

JonRG
2014-09-15, 02:56 AM
"I-I'm sorry that he died. I know that havin' me around isn't the same." She tries not to feel too bad about the implications of that. "I'll be careful. I promise... Maybe this isn't the best time to mention this, but uh... she offered me a spot in her cell. Cool if I take her up on that?" Chana smiles a little bit.

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 02:59 AM
Titan smiles back sadly.
"I... I trust you. As I trusted him. Until his end."

JonRG
2014-09-15, 03:13 AM
Chana grins. "Okay, cool. Now step in here a second, and I'll try and fix you up." She ***** her head towards one of the empty cells and steps inside. Once Titan follows, she shifts into her spirit form and rests on his shoulder. Tiny claws set to work. By now, this was practically rote for her.

Kill the Lock!: [roll0]+2 sux

Once the system shuts down, Chana hops off of Titan's shoulder and shifts back.

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 03:16 AM
As he feels the subtle shift within the currents of his essence, Titan hangs his head for a moment. He smiles with a small shake of his head.
"You are an artist, my friend. Without compare."

JonRG
2014-09-15, 03:19 AM
"Careful. That sounds suspiciously like pride," Chana teases, "but you're welcome."

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 03:27 AM
"...I reserve the right to take pride in you, Chana. Even if I counsel against it in your own person."
He stretches a little, rolling his fingers, feeling poisons settling back into his veins.
"Also, thank you for not... Harming me, while I was incapacitated. It may have been... Fair play. Given what they say of turnabout."

JonRG
2014-09-15, 03:36 AM
Chana shrugs, struggling not to grin. "Hurtin' people's not really in my nature." Bloody memories flash through her mind. "Well, y'know what I mean."

ChaosArchon
2014-09-15, 05:52 AM
As he lays there, Marax begins to form a plan to aid his crew in their eventual plan to help him escape from this prison world. However a few conditions would need to be met in order for his plan to work, namely the disabling of this heaven-damned collar which inhibited not only his Yozi charms, but also his sorcerous spells and rituals. However given he had nothing better to do, he mentally converses with Jianyi about a fact which could prove relevant to his plan,"Tell me, Jiyanyi, do you know the names of any others of your kind, tomescues who would be agreeable to spending sometime in the material realm rather than Malfeas?"

horus42
2014-09-15, 11:47 AM
Tal Hajus watches the events unfold, nibbling slightly on a hunk of quadricep. He looks over at the two remaining people in the cell, shrugging both sets of shoulders. "Well... This got awkward."

There was no trace of irony in his voice this time.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-15, 02:51 PM
Marax turns his attention back to the material realm and looks at Tal for a moment,"How do you figure? The Lunar has left with her two companions but should be back in short order and then we may start with our... meal." he looks at the slowly decaying corpse and then Tal,"To be honest I am more interested in you than Mr. Personality over there," he says as he points to the skiff,"so, and forgive me if this is too forward, but what type of Exalt are you? I presume you are one otherwise the collar would be unnecessary."

JonRG
2014-09-15, 10:16 PM
"I gotta go settle up with Marax, and, uh, the other guy. Be seein' ya." Chana gives her mentor a parting hug, then wanders back to Marax's cell. "You guys almost done? 'Cause I'll be honest, I'd rather talk privately, yanno, without Thatch here."

horus42
2014-09-15, 11:24 PM
Tal Hajus sighs, sitting down in a chair that's much too small for him. "I couldn't hear what they were saying, but it sounded heated." He shrugs again, before going moving on. "As for me... I am a Green Sun Prince. They call me a Malefactor, and I believe they're right."

He looks up as Chana comes back in. "I believe so, yes."

Obscurejones
2014-09-15, 11:59 PM
Titan takes a few moments to respire and savor his essence again, before going to Sorrow's cell. He raps gently at the door.

JonRG
2014-09-16, 12:00 AM
"Cool. I can wait." Chana sits in the corner, legs crossed and arms folded, at the foot of Marax's bed. She tries to ignore the dead man. If they were gonna roll with these guys, death was something she'd have to get personally familiar with. Not just vicariously through her Exaltation. She closes her eyes. "Listen... sorry about before. Just touched a couple nerves and all. But I'm willin' to be friends. One catch: you call me a barbarian or a dog again, and I'll feed you that forked tongue. We clear?" She wasn't actually keen on following through with that threat, but she couldn't let these awful people push her around forever.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-16, 12:01 AM
Sorrow doesn't glance over from her bed in the dark. "it's open" She takes a drag on her cigar that causes a glow showing where she is for a moment.

horus42
2014-09-16, 12:03 AM
Tal Hajus chuckles. "I like your style. You know how to threaten a man. I can respect that."

Obscurejones
2014-09-16, 12:03 AM
Titan moves with his customary grace, but there is an over reliance on form to his movements, grace through practice and not nature at the moment.
"I wanted to speak with you. It seems we are to be joined in an endeavor. And as such I would like for us to be at a mutual understanding. An accord, if you will."
He talks to much. Especially when he's nervous.

JonRG
2014-09-16, 12:05 AM
Chana laughs. "Thanks. I like how you hit that guy with the other guy. Was pretty cool."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-16, 12:06 AM
"alright, whats on your mind?" She looks over at him with perfect vision in the darkness. "also you should probably show less fear."

horus42
2014-09-16, 12:09 AM
"Well, normally would have eviscerated them, but I had to improvise with the tools at hand." He grins.

"I'm impressed that you put up such a good fight your first day here. The collars are disorienting at first. Losing access to your Essence is... like losing a limb. You don't feel whole anymore."

Obscurejones
2014-09-16, 12:10 AM
"You terrify me. You could kill me. More importantly you could take all I hold dear."
Titan folds his legs beneath himself and settles in a sitting position. Takes a deep breath.
"I am Titan of the Autumnal Eve. I serve the Son of Heaven. I have done so since before my birth. I continue to be in his service, despite a publicly apparent fall from grace. Its purpose being to bring me to this place. To collect you, Marax, and Tal Hajus. I would like your help in saving the Galaxy."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-16, 12:11 AM
"I see..." She shifts her weight audibly on her cot. "And I take it you can guess my feelings on your boss?"

Obscurejones
2014-09-16, 12:15 AM
"I am keenly aware of you, Sorrow. I was present when the first Lunar assassin was to be sent to kill you. I stopped him. You are welcome, I suppose."
Titan smiles, but it is a tight bloodless line across his face.
"You would not be working for the Son. I would. I will fund your work. But we will save more then just the Thousand Worlds."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-16, 12:22 AM
The glow appears again as she aduibly pulls in a drag. "I could care less the relationship you have with his supposed holiness." She lets out a puff of smoke. "I see no reason to kill you. Provided one thing. I ever see you make that girl cry again i will peel you slow, leave you hanging looking at your own face." She walks over to come into his limited vison. "She's not the person that exaltation once was. Just like i'm not whatever this exaltation once was."

She looks up at him. "I'll work with you, i could care less that it helps the emperor. I figure I help you, I can get back to the terminus and hopefully the emperor leaves me alone this time."

Obscurejones
2014-09-16, 12:28 AM
"I..."
Titan takes another breath. Unfolds, standing. Bows deeply to Sorrow.
"My protege is emotional. This I cannot control. But I offer you this. If I hurt Chana, I will remove and hand you my heart myself. But know that if you do her harm I will have no reason to fear you any longer. Only to destroy you."
He straightens and meets her gaze across the dark.
"You are her bond, Sorrow. I think you have nobility enough to respect that and treat her as you should. But if you falter and exploit her, no dead star will hide you."

JonRG
2014-09-16, 12:30 AM
Chana blushes slightly at Tal's compliment. "Don't worry. I'll have you back up to, like, five or six arms in no time." She beams at the alien.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-16, 12:31 AM
A smile crosses the girls lips. The red spot on her lower lip stretches with the grin. She takes the hand not holding the cigar, and the knife that once was their is slotted into a loop on her jumpsuit. With a slight thrust the hand is extended. "Then we have an agreement Titan of the Autumnal Eve."

Obscurejones
2014-09-16, 12:33 AM
Titan smiles back and shakes her hand.
"Wonderful. I believe Thatch is still warm if you would like to celebrate our agreement over some hubristic Terrestrial. And... My disagreement with Chana was over you. I would like her to see that we have reached an understanding."

horus42
2014-09-16, 12:35 AM
He chuckles again, a low rumbling sound. "I'd appreciate it."

ChaosArchon
2014-09-16, 11:17 AM
Marax nods and speaks,"Not more references to animals, understood. Now you said you could free us from these chains?" As he says the word freedom, a look of hunger can be seen in his eyes, a greed beyond greed, which drives him to consume and conquer all in Her name.

JonRG
2014-09-16, 12:52 PM
Chana nods and shuts the door to the cell. "All right then. Let's begin." She transforms into her spirit form and climbs up on Marax's shoulder. Little claws remove the biometric screen with ease, and Chana digs into the collar's guts. "So, is that red or... damn it. Why do raccoons fail so hard at colors?" She's done this enough times, though, and so confidently yanks on the wire that's darker brown than all the other wires.

Gonna dump my previous stunt motes into second Dex and get this collar fixt!

Wha-cha!: [roll0] + 3 sux

JonRG
2014-09-16, 01:02 PM
Chana lets out a triumphant yip, and then moves onto Tal Hajus. His musculature was a difficult climb, but the extra set of shoulders made a good step to his neck. Once again, she pulls off the screen and sets to work. "So this one... then that... and... there!" Chana disconnects what she prays is the final wire.

FINALLY DONE WITH THIS CHIT. DEAR GOD. TWO SUX FROM 2ND DEX.

Hate this: [roll0] + 4 sux
So much: [roll1]

Once the light dies and reboots, Chana hops down and returns to her true form. Hopefully, freeing them wouldn't turn out to be a huge mistake.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-16, 01:11 PM
Marax gives a sigh of relief,"Thank you Chana, being cut off from my essence was a harrowing experience, and by Her name it will not happen again. Now where are Sorrow and Titan might I ask? We should all discuss plans for our escape."

JonRG
2014-09-16, 01:28 PM
"They'll be back, I'm sure." Chana fidgets nervously. Those two were probably gonna be at each other's throats for a long time, with her caught in the middle.

horus42
2014-09-16, 04:07 PM
Tal Hajus relaxes visibly as his collar goes offline. He feels the small trickle of Essence granted by his still active Cult upon Barsoom. He sighs happily and smiles at Chana. "Thank you. You don't know how much this really means to me. Now that this is done... Can I ask why? Why us?"

ChaosArchon
2014-09-16, 10:59 PM
Marax tilts his head as well, still reveling in his freedom as he begins to hear the whispers of thanks, praise, and supplications trickle in from his employees as they offer their prayers to him, for his magnanimity, his strength, and his wisdom. "I am curious too, not that I am not pleased to be freed, but why are you freeing us from our shackles?"

Kell_tamer
2014-09-16, 11:36 PM
Sorrow gestures back to the cell where everyone seems to have gathered and makes her way over.

She glances over at the lunar girl, more taking her all in really. She was way too good looking for a place like this. Placing the cigar back in her mouth she sits down next to her. "Friendly warning, unless you want to spend your time fighting, you may want a shower buddy to watch your back."

JonRG
2014-09-16, 11:39 PM
"Uh, you'd have to-" Chana trails off as Sorrow walks in. Her cheeks flush when the deathknight advocates protection in the shower. "Would you mind? I mean, nobody messes with you, and all." She looks to see where Titan is. This sort of behavior didn't exactly fall under the banner of 'careful.'

Obscurejones
2014-09-16, 11:41 PM
Titan's smirking at both of them. Gives Chana a little wave.
"Should I assume then that we are all now at full ability? Collars and cuffs disabled?"

Kell_tamer
2014-09-16, 11:42 PM
"Sure thing. They stopped when thatch tried to get a piece of me and instead left with 3 more joints in his arm than normal." She takes a pull.

JonRG
2014-09-16, 11:46 PM
"Yeah, but they'd kinda like to know what the plan is first... and so would I."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-16, 11:51 PM
Sorrow flips the her knife to a thrown and then to a melee position. Then back. She's just idly playing with it. "I'd like to know the plan as well. And I want to get a few things they have in storage back."

Obscurejones
2014-09-17, 12:00 AM
"We are going to escape, as unnoticed as possible. Then we will need to collect a small list of artifacts. Hopefully before a certain Tomb Lord can. They hope to end the universe by collecting the items. We will be stopping them."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-17, 12:00 AM
"Good Plan, love the part where we have a means of getting out. "

ChaosArchon
2014-09-17, 12:05 AM
Marax raises his eyebrow,"And what will happen the items once we collect them? Shall be be ending the universe instead? Also in who's name shall we be doing this? Yours, a third party collector, or.... or perhaps you were sent to this prison rather than being imprisoned?" he pauses before asking,"Are you and Chana still loyal followers of the emperor?"

activating Factual Determination Analysis on the answer to "Are you and Chana still loyal followers of the emperor?"

-2m 17/19 personal motes

JonRG
2014-09-17, 12:11 AM
"... I don't know," Chana replies, eyes affixed to the ground. To Marax's devil ears, it is the whole truth.

Obscurejones
2014-09-17, 12:57 AM
"My loyalty is without question."
Non answers are fun!

ChaosArchon
2014-09-17, 01:56 AM
Marax smiles,"So one and a half of you serve the Son of Heaven I take it. Then is our "employer" to be the emperor himself? Also you still haven't said what happens once we collect these objects, shall the emperor hold onto them for "safe-keeping," and use the threat of total annihilation to tighten his grasp on the lives on countless trillion which he commands?"

Obscurejones
2014-09-17, 04:04 AM
Titan sighs and rubs his temples.
"...Are you touched in the head, or do you believe the Son of Heaven to be? What sort of an idiot believes that threatening the universe is a clever method of controlling it? You do not destroy something that belongs to you. It would be... It would be like if I desired a weapon that you held, and had the ability to shatter said weapon. Threatening to shatter it would be foolish. I desire the weapon. Why destroy it?

As to the items in question it is my understanding that they are to be held, or if that is not a reasonable solution destroyed."

ChaosArchon
2014-09-17, 03:17 PM
Marax sighs,"Clearly you believe the Son to be a greater man than he is, no offense, but he is first and foremost, a conqueror. He conquered the galaxy and under his armies and servants he holds it in his sway. This is a man who slew his own mate, his wife, for the chance to lay claim to more power than he had before. It was he who cast off the mantle of democracy the galaxy had and replaced it with a dictatorship. Dictators do not care for their subjects, they care for their power. So if he gets all these pieces of this doomsday weapon, what is to stop him from aiming even a tenth of its power at a system that displeases him as an "example" to other systems?"

He then laughs and adds,"Not that I particularly care, as long as I get paid, but I feel it is a topic we should at least consider."

josienoms
2014-09-17, 10:09 PM
Inside Marax's mind, his Unwoven Coadjutor stirs.

"Indeed I do, though I must caution against such overt displays of power. I am not saying that you should not do it, simply that you must be careful. For if you die, I die, my host."

The demon proceeds to rattle off a few names, which our intrepid Storyteller is too lazy to come up with at the moment.

Obscurejones
2014-09-17, 11:37 PM
"And here I thought my time away from my study would find me in the character of a knight errant, rather then a professor. Still, where scholarly needs must. To be blunt, Marax, your words show you to be as foolish and ignorant as your features are delightful. The Solars were voted out of power.1 The queen of whom you speak was one who refused to relinquish her power and her young mate was forced to slay her as a consequence.1 The Solars were mad. Driven so by conflict with... Oh dear me, who was that again? Largish fellows, tried to conquer humanity and bring them to heel, inhuman intelligences the size of stars. I swear it is right on the tip of my tongue."
Titan stares for a moment at Marax in mock concentration.
"Oh yes, that was it. The Yozi.1 I am sure you have heard of them, yes? As for your coarse adherence to democracy, I should point out that the empire was in decline until it was seized by the Son of Heaven. Its borders only stabalized when he took direct control. Now, I understand for some this is an issue of great ethical import. That the will of the people be suborrned merely so that we may have peace and prosperity? Ye heavens, how terrible.1 But to be perfectly frank, Marax? You are a pirate, a scoundurel, and a knave with no knowledge of the history of this empire. And yet you have a crew willing to travel to the gates of hell to save you. That is why democracy was a poor system in need of dissolution. It is the rule of pretty idiots at the behest of the weak willed."
1 Shards of the Exalted Dream, Pages 45-47

Kell_tamer
2014-09-17, 11:50 PM
Sorrow snorts a bit. "Oh yeah, Son of Heaven is great, and look at all the stuff he makes for his people, music, dairy products, coffee, TV shows, surveillance systems, all history books, voting machines..."

ChaosArchon
2014-09-18, 12:41 AM
Marax again takes silent pride in the bravery of his crew, who would plunge into the maw of hell to rescue their captain. He makes a mental note to thank each and everyone of his crew once they arrived to rescue him from this prison. Nevertheless, after that he turns his attention back to Titan and replies to his claims of the weakness of men and women working together for one common goal rather than for a single man. "You say democracy only leads to failure? That this dictatorship we live under is better than the golden age of democracy we once lived in when humanity spanned the stars and the Solars ruled not with an iron fist, but in a senates which even mortals could hold some voice in.

As for the actions of my crew being a reason for democracy's weakness, I say it is a strength of the system. It is a system that allows men to join together in a common pursuit, a common interest and try to ensure their ideal world be achieved, one where everyone might enjoy a small piece of happiness in this galaxy. In this world there is room enough for everyone, and the galaxy is rich and can provide for everyone. A way of life can be free and beautiful, as each man, woman, and child chooses their own destiny.

But we have lost that way, fear has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the universe with hate, has goosestepped us into misery and bloodshed in this "era of the Emperor's peace." Under democracy, we can have a decent world, one where youth may have a future and old age a security.

It is with these promises that the Emperor rose to power. But he lies! He will not fulfill that promise and never will! Dictators free themselves, but they enslave the people! He never will allow others to choose their own destiny if it does not go along with his grand plan. Furthermore you speak of the folly of faith, of that of my crew to risk their lives to rescue me, but you are doing the same in the name of your Emperor, how does that make you any less foolish?"

JonRG
2014-09-18, 12:01 PM
"Because the Emperor isn't trapped on some crummy moon like you. He lives in the real world and doesn't wax poetical about the ideal society. 'Cause that's the thing about ideals. You can't actually get 'em, no matter how hard you try. 'Sides, how the heck is "democracy" supposed to work when freakin' Exalts like us have superpowers? That's what I wanna be able to say about my leader. He was the best at suborning my will to his own with Essence! Least with the Son, I know he's in charge, and whatever happens, that's on his own hook." Chana takes a deep breath. Political study wasn't her strong suit. Hopefully, Titan wouldn't think she was a total moron. "Democracy's a bait-and-switch. It's a dictatorship in different clothes. One guy's still in charge, but you get to feel like you put him there."

horus42
2014-09-18, 01:38 PM
"Rulership is harder on a man than most would believe. It weighs down upon your soul." Tal Hajus crosses the lower set of arms over his chest. "Being a leader, the captain of a ship, is much different than ruling a tribe, which is much different than ruling an interstellar empire. Who's to say that you wouldn't make the same calls as Heaven's Son? Who is to say that in his position, you would not become him? No one knows how power will corrupt them until they have it. And by then, it's often far too late."

ChaosArchon
2014-09-18, 06:01 PM
Marax listens to both their views and nods,"I recognize this is largely a matter of personal views and political philosophy so in reality I can claim none of you are wrong, nor am I wholly right. As for Tal I'm not just the captain of the Strix, I'm also an arms dealer on a galactic scale, so I as well am in a large scale leadership position." he pauses and smiles,"But enough of politics for the moment, we can discuss what to do with the artifacts and the question of pay later, for now let us discuss a plan to get out of this prison. On my part, I have the capability to summon... primordial personages to assist in our escape, some of whom I will direct to make the guards more apathetic so we are less likely to be disturbed."

Obscurejones
2014-09-18, 11:13 PM
Titan sighs at Marax's political waffling. Does his best to focus on the young man's lips instead of the sounds coming from them.
"I yield my input to Chana's discretion. She is my thief. I trust her to free us to my satisfaction."

JonRG
2014-09-18, 11:25 PM
Chana sighs and drums her fingers against her knee. "Well, I figure if we wanna get away unnoticed, it'd be good if there were a riot goin' on to cover our escape. That way, they won't notice we're missin' until after." She looks at Tal Hajus. "You seem like you'd know a thing or two about that."

ChaosArchon
2014-09-18, 11:32 PM
Marax begins to think and then asks,"When do you plan for this riot to happen? Depending on our time frame I suggest we find wherever they are keeping a log of their prisoners and remove our names from the list."

JonRG
2014-09-18, 11:52 PM
Chana shrugs. "Dunno yet. Just got the idea together. Little bookkeeepin' isn't the worst idea, but it's probably all done on computer here. I'll scout around for central command and the impound, if we have the time."

Obscurejones
2014-09-19, 12:09 AM
"Marax, you can crack their systems, yes?"
Titan idly picks at the sleeve of his coat, annoyed by the frayed edge from his makeshift sling.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-19, 12:20 AM
"Yes I believe if we find them, could break into their systems and perform such a feat as removing our names from the registry. The point remains that I still don't know when my crew is coming, so I'm afraid we will have to hold off any riot and escape until I receive word from one of them."

Obscurejones
2014-09-19, 12:41 AM
Titan smiles just slightly and the leaves in his hair fade from autumn to a pleasant summer green.

horus42
2014-09-19, 12:49 PM
Tal Hajus chuckles. "If you need a riot started, I can definitely do that. A few well chosen words, and the whole prison will be in open revolt."

JonRG
2014-09-20, 01:04 AM
"I had a feelin'." Chana grins. It didn't take a genius to figure out what Titan was after. "All right, me an' the riot team should talk shop somewhere else. Let you guys keep chattin' about philosophy and all that. C'mon Sorrow. Tal." Hopefully, Tal would come quietly. She couldn't exactly drag him, and he probably wasn't interested in her ass like Sorrow. Chana sidles out of the cell with a parting wink to her boss.

Let's give the two lovebirds their privacy... :smallwink:

Kell_tamer
2014-09-20, 11:21 AM
Sorrow gives a wink in her void filled eyes to Marax as she heads out with Chana. "Have fun boys."

She follows along and whispers to Chana when they get out of earshot of the guards. "So you know why me? I mean wouldn't you guys prefer a Solar? Heroing is more their schtick."

JonRG
2014-09-20, 11:40 AM
Chana shrugs. "Ionno. Maybe you're tougher than they are. Maybe it's just the fact that you're here." Her expression darkens. "Or maybe it's that we're bonded, an' he wants ta keep an eye on you."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-20, 11:53 AM
Sorrow shrugs. "Hey if it can earn me the chance to not be bothered by the empire when I get done I'll take it."

JonRG
2014-09-20, 12:26 PM
"Hooray for you. At least you're allowed to associate with whoever you want without the fear of death lurkin' ooooo-" Chana clams up. Maybe the mass-murderer wasn't the best person to confide in...

Damn.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-20, 12:33 PM
"..... Death isn't something to fear, I am." She keeps walking, having a general idea of who she has to have a chat with.

JonRG
2014-09-20, 12:45 PM
Chana races forward to catch up. "Please don't. He's my friend, and, and he didn't mean it quite the way I- Damn it!" She wraps her arms around herself, and tears well in her eyes.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-20, 01:12 PM
"Lady I'm not a nice person, its why I'm in here. But I don't try to run people, and i'm the least qualified to talk about em but i'm fairly certain friends don't try to control other friends." Sorrow glances back. "I'll have a chat with him. no knives." "Not that I need them..." she thought to herself.

JonRG
2014-09-20, 01:43 PM
"He, he's just tryin' to look out for me. He means well. Honest. He's just not a people person." Chana sets her jaw. "I'm gonna come with ya, then. Think it's about time we had another chat." That and if Sorrow tried to kill Titan, she might be able to intervene.

Obscurejones
2014-09-20, 02:13 PM
Titan idly pulls a teacup from his sleeve and takes a sip.
"You should know that I have had contact with a member of your crew. A fire aspect by the name of Jane. She said they will be in position to retrieve you in a months time."
He pauses for a moment, weighing his options for how to proceed, ultimately deciding on the most direct approach.
"Also, I am curious if you would be interested in pursuing a sexual relationship. Nothing emotional, but I find you rather attractive. And Jane had intimated that you may be amenable."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-20, 03:41 PM
"It's your choice. I ain't gonna make it for you." She continues to walk.

JonRG
2014-09-20, 03:47 PM
"Thanks... You're a nicer person than you think." Chana puts an arm around her as they walk.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-20, 03:49 PM
"It's more I ain't as mean a person as people think." She lets out a smirk and reciprocates the gesture.

JonRG
2014-09-20, 06:42 PM
"Still. You're very sweet, to me anyway." Chana presses her lips to Sorrow's, consequences be damned.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-20, 07:20 PM
Sorrow is caught a little off guard. "Been a long time since I tasted beautiful." She grins and pulls her in longer.

JonRG
2014-09-20, 07:34 PM
Chana turns beet-red and gasps for breath once they part. "What, is my blood not beautiful too?" Her brows furrow, but a grin's slipped across her face.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-20, 07:47 PM
Sorrow grins again. "well i didn't want you to think i just liked you for your blood." She glances over at Tal. "Let's save it for later though."

JonRG
2014-09-20, 09:21 PM
"Fair enough," Chana murmurs. She pulls Sorrow's head to her chest. Tal was watching them, but he didn't seem the type to blab to Titan about one little kiss.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-20, 10:20 PM
Upon hearing Titan's offer, Marax stands up and begins to circle around the Lunar, inspecting him with a faint smile being worn upon his face. Every step of his reflects his inherent grace and nimbleness, and he makes sure to accentuate every step, making sure this man knows what a gift the demon prince would be if he gifted him with his request. As Marax inspects the Lunar, he licks his lips, it had been too long in this prison, he hadn't felt the pleasure of another's flesh in faaaaaaaaaaar too long. Escape could be planned for later, one must always give himself time to enjoy in his own vices once and awhile.

After a long period of silently circling around the hunter turned prey, Marax speaks, his voice as crisp and refreshing as water from the finest of waterfalls,"I accept your offer, know that tonight you are bedded by Marax Akuryoji. Treasure this experience always, for tonight you join the embrace of ecstasy which only a few lucky angels have felt in all of the universe's history."

Fade to black, they play paddy-cake all night long :smallwink:

Obscurejones
2014-09-21, 12:50 AM
Several hours later Titan prepares his escape. Grabbing his tunic and coat from the floor he smiles over at Marax. The infernal was enjoyable. If slightly exhausted by this point.
"Good to see your reputation was not ill deserved. Again at a later date?"
Not waiting for a response he heads out the door, heading for his cell with his clothing tucked over his arm. There's a slight spring in his step and a faint sheen of sweat over his skin.

JonRG
2014-09-21, 01:00 AM
Chana figures that she's given the happy couple enough time to 'get acquainted' and starts to wander back towards Sorrow's cell, arm still wrapped around her. Suddenly, a figure appears in the distance. It's a man. A familiar man. A familiar, incredibly naked man. "H-hey, Boss," she stammers, eyes firmly fixed on her shoes. Then again, it wasn't like she, or rather her previous host, hadn't seen him naked before. "Noooooo! Stop it!" Chana's cheeks turn bright red as the memories rush unbidden to her brain.

Obscurejones
2014-09-21, 01:09 AM
Titan grins at Chana and a little of the predatory gleam stays in his eyes and the shine of his teeth.
"Thank you. I needed that. You assistance was appreciated. You are headed for your cell?"

Kell_tamer
2014-09-21, 01:12 AM
Sorrow looks up at titan as if to remind him she is on home territory in her cell. "Yeah, we're headed to my cell."

JonRG
2014-09-21, 01:12 AM
"Um, n-no problem. Glad I c-could help." Chana quickly meets his gaze. That... that was a worrisome face.

Obscurejones
2014-09-21, 01:17 AM
A little gleam of ice settles over Titan's gaze and he glances between Chana and Sorrow for a moment. Then the smile reasserts itself. When he speaks again it is only partially in the common tongue. He addresses Chana in High imperial.
"Well do try to enjoy yourselves. We have a month to learn to enjoy each other's company. <You can use her, Chana. She is attractive enough. If not my type. But do not love her. It would be cruel of me to deny you sport. But there is no room in this for genuine feeling.>"
He glances back at Marax's cell.
"For all his political naivete, that boy... Delightful."

JonRG
2014-09-21, 01:26 AM
Chana frowns a little bit, her good cheer considerably deflated. "I-I will... Glad you had fun."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-21, 01:28 AM
As Sorrow takes Chana to the cell she turns her gaze toward Titan. She gestures her hand pointing them at her void filled sockets and then points at him.

Obscurejones
2014-09-21, 01:29 AM
Titan tilts his head just slightly and reaches out to gently cup Chana's chin. Raises her gaze to meet his.
"<If you disagree say as much. Your words have worth, young one. You have worth.>"

JonRG
2014-09-21, 01:44 AM
Chana gestures for Sorrow to head on without her, then dares to meet Titan's eyes. The path was treacherous and... very, very sweaty. He still had nice abs. Focus. You matter. <"I just don't understand how come- I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm grateful for everything that you've done for me. Without you, I-I don't know where I'd have ended up. But at the same time... I don't get how come it's the Solars that are this big, mighty oppressive terror, but,"> tears start to well in her eyes, <"The only one who's ever tried to control me is you. I'm sorry, but... Sorrow always encourages me to think for myself. Do what I want. Please don't be mad. I-I know you mean well. Just a thing that I... noticed...">

Obscurejones
2014-09-21, 01:47 AM
Titan startles just slightly, and when his smile returns it is a much sadder affair.
"<I suppose control is what I know. And how I try to keep you safe. But you speak the truth.>"
He brushes a tear off her cheek. Leans in and kisses her on the forehead.
"Live. I am your friend, not your keeper."

ChaosArchon
2014-09-21, 01:48 AM
After Titan leaves his cell, Marax rests for awhile and watches his ceiling while considering his options for the coming days. Perhaps he could summon a few demons to aide in the jailbreak, after all he didn't have access to Halphas and would need some form of protection when they brought their plan into action. Perhaps tomorrow night he could begin such rituals.

JonRG
2014-09-21, 01:53 AM
Chana chokes back a sob and wraps her arms around Titan. Nudity be damned. "You're a good friend," she whispers.

Obscurejones
2014-09-21, 01:54 AM
Titan returns Chana's hug for a moment. After a moment he laughs and lifts her onto his shoulder, setting her there for a moment.
"My apologies, Sorrow. I appear to have stolen your Raccoon."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-21, 01:55 AM
Sorrow not being one for great timing or appropriateness witnesses the scene and figures things got possibly better. "So... that a three way then?"

Obscurejones
2014-09-21, 02:04 AM
"Tragically, Sorrow neither of you is of the kind I tend to bed. Chana having never developed mastery over the Twinned Face means the logistics of such an act would be beyond us. Sadly, I'm sure."
Rolling Chana off his shoulder he drops her into his arms and holds her out to Sorrow.
"Do try to be gentle. I still need her to get us all free."

JonRG
2014-09-21, 02:16 AM
Chana squirms somewhat, though she can't help but laugh. "I'll be fine. Promise." That stuff about Twinned Face does give her pause. Was that actually a thing she could do as a shapeshifter?

Kell_tamer
2014-09-21, 02:26 AM
Sorrow shrugs and gestures to her cell. "Shall we?"

JonRG
2014-09-21, 02:37 AM
Chana nods, a wide smile on her face. She takes the older girl's hand and allows herself to be led to the bed.

They go bobbing for apples all night. :smalltongue:

Chana falls back onto the mattress, gasping for breath. "I... That was... Wow." She holds Sorrow tightly against her, just enjoying the sensation of warm, slick skin against hers.

Kell_tamer
2014-09-22, 12:07 AM
"Can't think of a better way to have spent that night." She offers a hit from the cigar. "... we really done?" She grins and smirks at the lunar in her arms.

JonRG
2014-09-22, 02:23 PM
Chana inhales deeply from the cigar. "Don't hafta be. Just, yanno, gimme a minute. Sides, this is nice."

horus42
2014-09-22, 11:27 PM
Tal Hajus spends the time deep in meditation in his cell, mouthing the words of ancient prayers to Issus. The humans were all upset over something that didn't concern him at all, and he resolved to stay out of it.

josienoms
2014-09-23, 12:09 PM
A month passes. Jane has kept you all up to date on the preparations and the status of the rescue operation.

One night, she comes to you all in your cells.

"It's time. The ship'll be here tomorrow night. Are you all ready?"

What have you done in the meantime?

JonRG
2014-09-23, 02:52 PM
Chana's been a busy girl over the thirty days. She needs information about prison defenses, so she befriends a guard. Nice guy. Went by the name of Langley. With his help, she figured out where the location of their central command, and well, Chana managed to do more than just learn the location of the impound. Over those four weeks, Langley came to trust her... even trusted her enough to accompany him through impound. Figured she couldn't do much without her Essence. Bad move, as impound suddenly found itself less three Moonsilver implements. With those hidden in Elsewhere the Dimension, she feels a hell of a lot more comfortable on Elsewhere the Moon. She figures out that whole Twin Faced Hero thing Titan was talking about, to his great flusterment. He avoids her for like a week, but eventually, their relationship returns to normal... if not... tense. Chana tries to distract herself by playing gin rummy with Sorrow, though her dreams keep being invaded by a certain sweaty Lunar...

Kell_tamer
2014-09-23, 05:35 PM
Sorrow knows an escape attempt isn't simply going to have impediments in the forms of guards. Most people are afraid of her already so she makes it a point to keep that fear encircling the group as well. She keeps her routines normal. Morning workout, afternoon walk, evening with Chana. Occasional fight with the riff raff to reassert dominance. She keeps any essence use minor to non obvious capabilities. Each night she tops off with a bit from Chana.

Her routine isn't simply for show though. She learns every path the colony has. She watches every patrol the guards have. She notes every corner that is shrouded by bad lighting or simply unlit. She knows what prison gangs control what sections and who is in charge of them.

She almost got the feeling she'd miss the place when she was gone. Almost...

horus42
2014-09-23, 06:59 PM
Tal Hajus spends the month much as he always has. He prays, he meditates on his failures and his eventual return. He works on honing his mind and body, purifying himself for his escape. The last thing he wants is to be unprepared, to still have the rage and vengeance in his heart. Much of the time, he remains in this isolation, though not always.

He works with Marax to bind the demons he summons, using the power that Cecelyne gave him against the spawn of the Yozi. Rather than dominating them through sheer force of will, he offers them promises of kind treatment in exchange for their servitude, something none of them are used to. It was alesson Tal Hajus had learned the hard way. Put enough pressure on those you rule, and they will rise against you. Machiavelli be damned, it was safer to be loved than feared.

He also goes about the prison, during his free time, talking and building rapports with the guards and other prisoners. He knows who hates who, who says what about another. He builds his web of information, knowing that one pull can make the whole thing fall into chaos.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-23, 11:33 PM
As Jane enters his cell, he smiles and nods affirming that he was ready. As she leaves, he reflects upon what he has been up to on the last month. Over the past month he had taken to summoning and binding demons in order to aid in the escape attempt.

The first night after his tryst with Titan, he called Tal to his cell. After assuring him that his reason for asking him here was not coital but rather for summoning demons, Marax begins to summon a demon, confident that with a fellow Infernal's help this should be a simple task. As the sun's light fades and the last flash of light, Marax begins to speak in the tongue of the twisted inhabitants of Malfeas. As he speaks, his words reach the ears of the denizens of the World That Once Ruled, through his essence he tears open the small crack in reality to bring the being to his side to attend and aid him, proclaiming it his unholy right as a scion of the Yozi. Upon finishing his incantations, a being of nearly imperceptible eel whose red veins pulse and glow in the reflections of the mirror in Marax's cell. As it appears Marax begins to force his will upon the demon and bind it to him,"Under the laws of Cecelyene and in the name of She-Who-Lives-In-Her-Name, I bind you to me. You are charged to target the minds of the guards of this prison and consume their emotions until nothing remains but the most base of thoughts and emotions. After you have fulfilled this task you may report to me for your reward."

The next two nights Marax summon the same manner of demon, binding them with the same orders to consume the passions of the guards who have been bound to this moon to prevent the escape of the prisoners and enemies of the Empire. After these nights, Marax allows a few days to pass and remains as inconspicuous as possible while his noresores purge the moon's guardians of all passions and emotions.

After a week has passed, Marax asks Tal to aid him again. As the last light of day strikes the forlorn moon, Marax begins his chanting in the forbidden language of those who lost the war among the heavenly stars. Just as the first three times, he voices his right to bring this being to his side to aid in his mission. After a short period of voice his desires in the primordial cant, a puddle of off-white ooze appears before the two Infernals. Upon the ooze appearing, Marax proclaims his binding oath placed upon the perronele,"Under the laws of Cecelyene and in the name of She-Who-Lives-In-Her-Name, I bind you to me. I bind you to me with the intent to defend me from any physical harm, fulfilling that you shall help me detect any threats to my personage and help me speak in other tongues. In return, I shall do my best to ensure you are not put in harm without sufficient cause and avoid attacks when possible." After he binds it, the being slithers across his body and slightly shimmers, showing it now is prepared to protect him from any and all threats.

The next night, Marax summons yet another being from the depths of its Malfean prison and death world, and through his chanting brings it to the prison world of Elsewhere. As his chants subside, a fist sized beetle who possesses ten legs and whose sweet, childlike voice inquires why it has been brought to this fornlorn moon. Once again Marax repeats his binding oath,"Under the laws of Cecelyene and in the name of She-Who-Lives-In-Her-Name, I bind you to me. Rest within my stomach, heal my flesh when it becomes damaged and consume any poisons which threaten my personage. In return, I offer you any alcohol I inevitably consume and offer it whole-heartedly." Upon the binding being completed, the sesseljae skitters across the floor and enters into Marax and rests in his stomach, upon which Marax consumes a small amount of alcohol to placate it.

After a few days, Marax resumes his summoning of the beings bound and locked in the living prison star of Malfeas. He utters the hellish tongue of the natives and brings the demon's presence to this moon. This summon is different, as it appears not instantaneously, but rather a normal guard appears before the Demon Prince and kneels in front of him. Recognizing it to be a host of his demon, Marax begins his binding oath,"Under the laws of Cecelyene and in the name of She-Who-Lives-In-Her-Name, I bind you to my will. Send your ten hosts across the moon and when the time comes, incite the prisoners to riotous acts and anger. After that you are free to return to Malfeas, as our contract shall be finished."

As the days dwindle down and the month comes to a close, Marax begins to bring forth one final attendant to aid the prosopopoeia of the Yozi in his travels. He once again speaks the unholy whispers of the intelligence of the cosmos to bring forth one of their progeny to assist him in his struggles. Upon finishing the utterances of such commands, a thick fog appears in the cell, the being inside being imperceptible save for several limbs which possess weapons of bloodshed and death affixed to them. As the tomescue appears, Marax once again speaks the words binding the clamorous cloud arsenal to him,"Under the laws of Cecelyene, in the name of She-Who-Lives-In-Her-Name, and by the advice of Jianyi, I summon you to my side. Your job is to remain immaterial, save should my personage become under attack. Should such an event occur, your job is to kill the attacker and then return to your immaterial form."

ok so spending 40m on each summon, 20m for base cost, 20m to increase the internal penalty to resist to -5 (-1 by default, -4 for spending 20m)

(noresores now have 3 dice to resist, perronele 4 dice, sesseljae have 6 dice, decanthrope has 8 dice, and tomescue has 4 dice)

roll to bind Noresore 1: [roll0] 7 sux
Noresore 2: [roll1] 5 sux
Noresore 3: [roll2] 8 sux
Perronele: [roll3] 5 sux
Sesseljae: [rollv]13d10[rollv]
Decanthrope: [roll4] 6 sux
tomescue: [roll5] 8 sux

Obscurejones
2014-09-25, 12:10 AM
For the first few weeks of his captivity Titan is ebullient. He divides his time between exercising himself with Marax and working to collect honey from one of his acquired forms.

Then he runs into a Male Chana. And disappears for a week. When he emerges it is with a slightly haunted look, and having shed quite a few pounds. His appearance is more inhuman then before, the symmetry and angular nature of his features not unattractive. Quite the opposite, in fact. But it is unsettling beauty. He is clearly no longer human. But neither is Tal. And it seems to work for him.

In any case he quietly returns to his dalliance with Marax. And if he throws himself into his exertions with more of a desperation he does hope that his allies are kind enough not to mention it. He gathers them the day before their escape.

"I hope no one minds, but I took the liberty of preparing a few gifts in preparation of our escape."
With a flourish he pulls several outfits from behind his back. Although each of them is made of plain grey silk he holds a few vials of dye in his other hand. Setting them all carefully down he reaches into his pockets and pullsout five vials of thick golden liquid.
"These are armored garments. They will take a few specs of committed essence but are compatible with any armor you may already own. I can change the color or the cut this evening if you would like. This is honey. It will lend silken force to your words. It will last for precisely one hour. Do not consume it until the escape is enacted."

Kell_tamer
2014-09-25, 12:30 AM
Sorrow glances at the coat offered her and slips out of the jumpsuit revealing a rather form fitting shirt and baggy pants underneath. She slips the coat on and lets essence into it causing a small bit of blood to dribble down her brow. "Fits good, nice work Titan, you aren't that bad after all." She feels the looseness of the sleeves. \"And room for knives! you shouldn't have!" She grins slipping her shiv into the sleeve to conceal it.

JonRG
2014-09-25, 12:47 AM
Chana smiles awkwardly. "Thanks, boss. You did a really good job." She holds up the garment over her track suit. It looked like a close fit. A very close fit. Titan apparently had a sharp eye for measurements.

Obscurejones
2014-09-25, 12:59 AM
"I... That is... I am glad you like it. Is the color acceptable?"
Titan so smooth it hurts.

JonRG
2014-09-25, 01:08 AM
Chana nods. "It's lovely." She averts her gaze slightly.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-25, 08:47 AM
Marax looks over the silken coat Titan has made for him, it is indeed of fine quality, and of the deepest shade of red. He silently slips on the coat over his other accouterments and nods to Titan, quietly expressing his thanks to the man for the gifts. Just as his partner of the night had become slightly less human over the month, so had Marax. While not obvious now, when he had not been summoning demons or engaging in another tryst with Titan, Marax had been mediating on the nature of the King Who Was, Malfeas. Through his meditative thoughts, Marax eventually came to understand the rage inherent in the being who once was the Empyreal Chaos. He can now feel, within his very bones, their potential to mutate and twist their form as an expression of such anger which is integral to the Primordial King's persona.

horus42
2014-09-27, 08:35 AM
Tal Hajus accepts the gifts, a small smile flickering across his face. "I always hear it's difficult for non Tharks to get the second set of shoulders just right... But you've done well. Thank you." The silken armor fits perfectly, and is easily hidden under his cloak.

He looks up to Jane as she enters the cell. "Do we know exactly when the ship will be here? I don't want to start the riot too early, and have it be squashed before our rescuers show up. And I don't want to start it too late, so that it doesn't have time to gather enough momentum before they arrive."

josienoms
2014-09-27, 10:58 PM
"Local time, should be around 2100 Hours. That's if everything goes off without a hitch."

horus42
2014-09-28, 08:52 AM
He nods curtly. "That gives us plenty of time."

josienoms
2014-09-30, 12:04 AM
Jane leaves after a while, to avoid suspicion. Soon enough, the time comes. You're all gathered in the local mess hall for dinner. The large hall is packed with other prisoners, with opposing gangs sitting on opposite ends, and guards stationed in the corners and at the doors.

The air is already volatile. The tension is palpable, and the guards have picked up on it. They seem more alert than ever. They're also seemingly confident in their numbers that nothing could go wrong.

How deluded they are.