PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Break the game with: Infinite nonmagical items.

bekeleven
2014-09-09, 05:59 AM
I'm building a homebrew class. One of its powers is the ability to conjure nonmagical, nonliving items a number of times per day. Items conjured last 1 hour per level, and anybody that touches, examines, or spends time near them becomes aware of their ephemeral nature. They can also not be used as spell components.

Anyway, one use of the ability summons up to a number of items (based on the build; think between 3 and 10) and these items can have a combined value of... let's say 25 GP / Class Level, for simplicity's sake. Assume that size shenannigans are overruled (no using 300GP to summon a colossal MWK quarterstaff and three more colossal quarterstaffs, for instance).

Based on the ability to summon nonmagical items by value, what is the earliest you can break the game, and now do you do so? If the character is built for it, they can use this ability about a number of times per day equal to class level. And yes, it can summon things like food, and you won't autostarve when the duration expires.

The best use I see so far is opening a really fancy restaurant, then throwing tanglefoot bags at everyone. And while wearing MWK armor, wield MWK weapons and use MWK tools for every skill. What am I missing?

Malroth
2014-09-09, 06:14 AM
Summon Anti-Osmosium or Neutronium, watch planet explode.

bekeleven
2014-09-09, 06:15 AM
Summon Anti-Osmosium or Neutronium, watch planet explode.

Sure, just as soon as you show me the book listing its GP value.

ben-zayb
2014-09-09, 07:22 AM
This class is obviously made for summoning relics, as they're definitely nonmagical!:smallamused:

Any reason why NI quarterstaff (free) isn't considered game breaking?

Chaos Flasks at lvl4 (100gp) could be turned into nasty Megapede / Black.Lotus Extract Poisons...

Likewise, the equally priced Shapesand can be turned into something far more expensive and useful.

Bagsful of Marbles (2sp) could give all day BFC.

EDIT: This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?148101-3-x-Shax-s-Indispensible-Haversack-(Equipment-Handbook)) link covers the cheapest useful iems.

Necroticplague
2014-09-09, 07:44 AM
Bury everything under an avalanche of clubs from level1.

Frozen_Feet
2014-09-09, 09:38 AM
You most likely can't break the game at all with non-permanent normal items when you can only produce a limited amount per day.

NotScaryBats
2014-09-09, 09:56 AM
Does it go by list price or crafting-it-yourself price?

Making free poisons might be cool. Won't break anything that I can see, but would be a useful way to utilize the ability.