PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 2 - The Crypt of the Everflame

Pages : [1] 2 3

Filtro
2014-09-09, 06:02 AM
The peaceful goblins of the Licktoad tribe, who live in Brinestump Marsh, have discovered one of them had been using forbidden arts and was engaged in one of the greatest of taboos - writing things down. In fact, fumor holds that what he was writing was a history of the tribe. Goblins believe there's no swifter way to bring about bad luck than taking words out of their minds by writing them down, and so the tribe had no choice. They branded the goblin's face with letters to punish him, which is way everyone calls him Scribbleface now, and they ran him out of town, took all of his stuff, and burned down his hut.

Scribbleface managed to save some of his belongings, including fireworks and some of his writings; and wandered off to the nearest civilized village, Castenor, where Master Ludwig Mather's brother, Wolfgang Mather lives.

Wolfgang interviewed the goblin and found out the Licktoad tribe have discovered a shipwreck full of fireworks, which goblins love. The Master's Brother knew immediately the ship was the Kajitsu Star, disappeared 10 years ago and never found. He also knows the ship was transporting a magical silver lantern in which his brother Ludwig might be interested in recovering, so he sent word. Meanwhile, Scribbleface escaped from his cell.

As soon as he got the news, Master Ludwig dispatched one of his best groups of adventurers to investigate the area. The PC's traveled for days and stopped in Castenor to rest and have a meal for free. This adventure begins the next morning.

Since the marsh is unknown to humans, your best bet is to pay a visit to the Licktoads and learn what they know about the marsh.

kazooka
2014-09-09, 11:15 AM
"But the trick of it is that they're goblins," said Laruc. "It's not like they'd be hard to fool. And we have the perfect setup for the old 'Devil Went Down To Gorr-ga" scheme. We don't even need the fake horns!"

At this he gestured at Redrick.

"It is the perfect scam....although...to be honest, it would be better if we had a fiddle."

Anubis Dread
2014-09-09, 12:17 PM
Redrick just raided an eyebrow as he strummed idly on his lute. Leaning back on his chair, his feet on the table, his voice was sarconic as he replied. "I seem to remember the last time we tried that scam you ended up being chased by a bull," he replied wryly, before sitting up on his chair proper. "Of course we can also trust goblins not to attack something they were afraid of at first sight. And also be up to date on their literary references and the superstitions of other races."

Tilting his head back a bit, the tiefling grinned a sharp toothed grin. "I say we just go in and rock the Hells out. Put on a show, blast half them into dust and let the other ones scream out the info or risk an encore."

Muenster Man
2014-09-09, 12:23 PM
Virgil hoped the suggestion was just a jest. "That is an option, I guess. But we shouldn't need to con or massacre them. If they had found the lantern before Scribbleface was ran out of town, he likely would have told us. Just need to ask them where the ship was at, and pay them for the information."

He looked over the group, hoping they would be amenable to the plan.

Surgate
2014-09-09, 12:34 PM
Pog's massive grey scarred arms crossed, and beneath the skin like mask hiding his features, the half-orc's face had scrunched into an oddly menacing joviality. "Can't place trust in goblinfolk. In any case...if they lie or attempt to stop us, perhaps ridding the world of the Licktoads wouldn't be a bad prospect. Gruumsh certainly wouldn't mind, nor Scribbleface." The barbarian chuckled.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-09, 12:56 PM
"Right, because a tribe of goblins who ran someone out of town for learning to write is going to be all about 'information'," Redrick replied sarcastically, strumming a particularly strong note on his lute as if to punctuate his point. "There's a simple compromise though - we rock up, demand they give us the juice on the situation, and if they don't we start blasting. They seem like they're unpleasant enough to deserve a scare at the very least."

Muenster Man
2014-09-09, 01:01 PM
Virgil frowns but also nods. "Hmmmm, I guess so. I still say we give them a chance to give us the information peacefully. If they're non-cooperative, then we make a show of it. Let them know we're not playing around."

Surgate
2014-09-09, 01:05 PM
Pog cracked his knuckles and sighed. "Still think we should lead in with how we aren't 'playing around'. Split a few skulls, and see who talks"

kazooka
2014-09-09, 01:08 PM
"I find indiscriminate slaughter a poor method of gathering intelligence," said Laruc.

He drew his dagger and stabbed viciously at an imaginary opponent.

"Pardon me, sir goblin, I know we've killed everyone and thing you love in this world, but would you be willing to tell us the location of the only thing of worth in this entire swamp? "

He leapt back, parrying and thrusting with his invisible opponent.

"Ah, I see. The only one who knows that secret is the headless corpse in the pile of headless corpses next to yon bloody and screaming barbarian?"

He abruptly ended his pantomime and sheathed his dagger.

"That's assuming that any massacre would be in our favor. A 'peacable' tribe of goblins does not necessarily imply 'pacifist' or even 'lightly-armed.'" He sighed. "As for simply asking, it's highly unlikely that they would give up what is likely their only source of wealth. And asking them will only make them more suspicious of further inquiries. Such as, from say, a Devil with a golden fiddle... No, we need more information. "

Anubis Dread
2014-09-09, 01:13 PM
"Ha ha, it's cute you think there'd be enough left of a body that it would only be headless," Redrick smirked. "In all seriousness, what do you propose then? As far as I can tell we can either kill them all until they start screaming, threatening them to talk or else we'll make them start screaming, or walk up to them and politely inquire where everything is. Which will result in US screaming in agony when they shoot us full of arrows. If there's a fourth option I'd like to hear it, but since we're looking for information it seems like the direct approach is the only one."

Surgate
2014-09-09, 01:15 PM
Pog erupted with bellowing laughter. "Aye we do. But trust me...butchering the little boogers would be so much fun, even if we didn't get what we came for."

Muenster Man
2014-09-09, 01:25 PM
"I really don't think we'll be peppered with arrows. Just look at us: we're armed, some of us heavily armored. If they try anything, we'll make them sorry and they'll know it before they start. Best case scenario for them they kill us but they lose half their village. Not worth it to pick over the bit of coin we have on our corpses. Tribes tend to hit soft targets, usually by ambush. Minimize their own losses. I'm banking on them having some kind of desire to live. If we offer them some coins for directions and no bloodshed over a place they've picked over, we should be fine.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-09, 01:29 PM
"So our choices are to threaten them, bribe them or both. I think both works out well. We have a plan, as it is, I suggest we hit the road," the warlock proposed. They didn't have enough information to do anything more intricate, so there was no point hanging around.

"Speaking of coin, anyone want to make bets on how many dead goblins we'll have when our little plan inevitably goes south?" the musician went on, jingling his coin pouch. "Five coins to chip in. Whoever wins sweeps the whole pot? I'm putting my money on six."

Surgate
2014-09-09, 01:32 PM
Pog scoffed suddenly, "Offer them your coins if you like, I still don't see why they would be truthful, bribed or not. And what if they set up an ambush while we scavenge the Star? Any threat to their beloved fireworks may provoke such a response.

"I only have three, but when things go downhill, I plan on offering at least a dozen to Gruumsh."

Muenster Man
2014-09-09, 01:36 PM
"Saving my coins for the bribe." Virgil said as he got up and headed out with the group. "Not taking bets on the number of bodies, but if they betray us, I'll be glad to help any one of you win the bet."

Anubis Dread
2014-09-09, 01:41 PM
"Three to chip in it is then. It's no fun if we don't get as many people in on it as possible," Redrick smirked as they began to file out. "A dozen huh? Guess it's in my interest to make sure this goes as smoothly as possible then. And not even betting on zero Virgil? I don't know whether you're boring or cheap, but either way I don't like it," he teased.

Surgate
2014-09-09, 01:44 PM
Pog smirked at Red, nudging him with a huge elbow before following the others. "I'm in then! By the by...Good luck with that."

Anubis Dread
2014-09-09, 01:52 PM
The tiefling opened his mouth to reply... before looking at his comrade. And then looking down at his own hands. "Damn it, maybe I should just pay you now," he sighed as he considered how unlikely it was to get out of this without a cart full of goblin corpses. His only hope was that they either surrended quickly or were a fairly small tribe...

Muenster Man
2014-09-09, 01:53 PM
Virgil knows he's being goaded into Rodrick's game, but he thinks there isn't much harm in a little betting. So he flashes Rodrick a little smile and says "Fine, 3 coins it is. If the plan goes south, I'm going to say 9 dead goblins. I'll get my gold back from them in that case. Not that I think it will fail."

As the hulking barbarian runs off, Virgil says "... He looks a little too excited by this."

Filtro
2014-09-09, 02:29 PM
As you approach the goblin village, you hear loud songs and fireworks. Seems like the goblins are celebrating. As you enter the village, the goblins don't seem to even look at you, as they drink and dance throughout the whole village.

A fat and huge goblin approaches you. You notice he distinguishes well from all the others. “You all be heroes. Each of you. That you aren’t fleeing in terror from mighty sound of my voice is all proof I need. I Chief Gutwad. We drive off bad spirits of Scribbleface writings with song and fires! Tonight we have big bonfire to burn bad luck away from you too, and we play many games. Much fun. Yes?"

Muenster Man
2014-09-09, 02:32 PM
"Much fun, yes. We would be honored." Virgil's mood suddenly lifts, thinking all they'll need to do is play nice and have some fun. Then they can get the info we need.

Surgate
2014-09-09, 02:43 PM
Pog nodded, grumbling a yes barely beneath his breath. His grey eyes were fierce, ready at the slightest provocation to widen into a frenzy if these games took an unfortunate turn.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-09, 02:46 PM
This was going significantly smoother than he'd expected. He might well win that bet after all - he'd picked the lowest number, so if no-one died he'd be six gold richer! When it came to persuading others he preferred to lean on the stick rather than the honey, but he had other talents that would work well in this situation to say the least.

"Heroes to the great Chief Gutwad? An honor to be sure," the tiefling buttered up the goblin as he unslung his lute and began to strum some strings. "As I regail us all with song, perhaps you can help us weary heroes with a quest of ours. I'll let my companion here explain," Redrick blatantly passed the buck to Virgil as he began to sing while playing the lute. Something relatively light to start - which for him was still pretty heavy and frantic compared to the average bard.

Perform: [roll0]

Filtro
2014-09-09, 02:48 PM
As soon as Virgil agrees, the obese goblin turned his back and dragged himself around to a big chair in front of the biggest hut in the village.

There was a big table in the center of the village, full of cooked dogs and pigs, bugs and frogs everywhere, and a cooked giant snake along the whole table. The goblins kept dancing around, but gradually started fetching chairs and gathering around the big table. Dinner time!

Surgate
2014-09-09, 02:57 PM
Pog found a seat, a giant amongst little and somewhat average sized folk, and his nostrils flared at the meal, all the cooked meats and the snake teasing his appetite. He would chow down with his hands, waiting and watching the rest of the group and the goblin chief before indulging himself.

Muenster Man
2014-09-09, 03:01 PM
Virgil nods at the suggestion.

He finds a seat next to the great Gutwad, putting food in front of himself but waiting until the goblin chief took the first bite, out of respect.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-09, 03:04 PM
Redrick continues to play his lute, standing somewhat to the side of the table rather than sitting down. "It's the honor of a musician to play while his hosts eat," he explained away. He wasn't eating goblin food, unlike his comrade he didn't have a stomach made of iron. But he didn't want to risk insulting them either.

Deception: [roll0]

kazooka
2014-09-09, 03:25 PM
As the warlock begins his song, Laruc sees his opportunity.

"Excuse me," He mutters to no one in particular. "I must relieve myself in the woods."

With that, he wanders away from the bonfire, looking for goblins with fireworks.

Filtro
2014-09-09, 03:33 PM
Laruc wandered off and found the goblins who were launching the fireworks. They seemed to be packing up in a hurry, probably in order to attend the feast.

kazooka
2014-09-09, 03:44 PM
"Good evening, friends!" says Laruc, approaching the goblins. "I was wondering if you could point me to the nearest facilities so that-oh my! You are the pyromancers who put on such a lovely show! Marvelous work for such limited stock!"

Muenster Man
2014-09-09, 03:45 PM
When the celebrations gave way to eating, Virgil began prodding the chief about the location of the Kajitsu Star. So about this quest we mentioned before. We're looking for a shipwreck around these parts. Went missing about 10 years ago. It was known to carry fireworks, and after hearing about fireworks in this area, we were hoping your brave people had discovered the ship. We don't want any of the fireworks, they went missing long ago and we want you to enjoy them now. We just need to reach the location and confirm the wreck. Of course, we can pay for directions you can give us to the ship.
[roll0]

During the meal, Virgil notes how the food is much better than he was expecting. Certainly better than trail rations.

Surgate
2014-09-09, 04:02 PM
Pog stuffed his face with chunks of the stretched out giant snake, bits of meat hanging out of his lip as he scarfs it down without a second thought, eating enough to satiate himself but careful not to eat too much, lest he insult the goblins and their unusual hospitality.

Filtro
2014-09-10, 08:36 AM
@ Laruc
The goblins stopped, for a moment, staring at Laruc. It looked as if they were attempting to understanding him. Although they spoke simple Common, words like "facilities" and "limited" took some time to sink in. After sharing a word between them in goblin, they answered "Fireworks fun. You shoot one if you like. We go eat now."

@ Virgil
Chief Gutwad seemed to be interested in Virgil's words, "Ha! Fireworks were found by Scribbleface. He had map in his hut. We kept map. No words in it..." - the fat goblin stood up and drew a piece of parchment from somewhere within his robes - "Fireworks fun. But map is more fun. It shows where place in the coast where Scribbleface found fireworks. Maybe there are more fireworks there! I want them for Licktoads. I help you if you bring fireworks."

@ Pog and Redrick
The other goblins seemed to be having a blast watching Pog eating and dancing to Redrick's music, patting them on the back and laughing excitedly, encouraging Pog to eat as much as he'd like. A few of them kept bringing him bugs and frogs of all sorts for him to try out. Eventually, they offered some to Redrick as well.

Muenster Man
2014-09-10, 10:16 AM
Virgil seemed briefly confused by Gutwad's brand of logic.

You'll help us reach the ship, if we bring the Licktoads fireworks from the ship? Yes. Yes, we can do that. We can carry back many fireworks. Our barbarian, Pog over there, can strap many fireworks on his back.

Virgil gestured over to Pog, currently out-eating all the goblins around him combined.

But to do so, we will need either that map, or a copy. We'll return as quickly as we can.

Surgate
2014-09-10, 10:25 AM
Once given permission, Pog eats like a pig, stuffing his face full of strange colored bugs before belching obnoxiously loud, although he suspected the goblins wouldn't mind. He then tries one of the frogs, slowly crunching it apart, its leaping legs twitching outside of his mouth like a pair of macabre toothpicks.

kazooka
2014-09-10, 10:30 AM
Laruc carefully inspects the box of fireworks, looking for writing, odd marks on the exterior, or anything else that might appear helpful.

"I expect I'll learn that it was in the ocean and that it was dragged through the swamp," he thinks to himself. "But you should never turn down a free bet, no matter how long the odds."

1d20

Anubis Dread
2014-09-10, 11:58 AM
...he wasn't getting out of this, was he?

"Thank you," Redrick thanked his goblinoid waitor, taking a brief break from sturmming to take the food and bring it to his mouth... before slipping it up his sleeve and making a show of eating. Hells even holding it that close to his nose made him sick to his stomach!

Hoping he'd fooled his hosts, he continued to strum on his lute.

Sleight of Hand: [roll0]

kazooka
2014-09-10, 12:25 PM
I think editing is preventing me from fudging my bad format roll. Reroll here for relevant skill: [roll0]

Filtro
2014-09-10, 01:09 PM
@ Virgil

"Tomorrow you fetch me fireworks. Tonight we have party!", the Chief says, as he gets up and drags himself into his big hut, behind his chair.

@ Laruc

You see a regular box, with fireworks you recognize as:
2 Desnan candles (When lit, this foot-long wooden tube launches 4 flaming pyrotechnic "candles", one at a time)
4 paper candles ( This finger-sized explosive detonates noisily a while after lightning.)
1 skyrocket (When lit, this foot-long wooden tube begins to shake and emit a handful of white sparks, shedding light as a torch. After a while, it takes flight, moving fast in a straight line for some time before loudly exploding in a burst of light and sound.

@ Redrick

Redrick slides the "food" into his sleeve with enough dexterity to fool the goblin watching him. The goblins looks excited, "Good, hm?" and goes back to his sit at the table.

Some of the goblins get up and start walking towards the center of the village, where the bonfire, built out of branches, sticks, and unburnt timber taken from the ruins of Scribbleface's hut, is.

Others go in the Chief's hut, after a while, a group of four struggling goblins comes out, carrying the Teeter Chair, with Chief Gutwad sitting atop it. They take him to the bonfire. The Chief lights it with a Desnan candle.

This signals the start of an all-night party that features lots of things to eat (snails, fish and snakes) and a barrel of fermenting cider apples. Most goblins get drunk very quickly.

Surgate
2014-09-10, 01:23 PM
After all that eating, Pog needed a drink. He followed the crowd to the great fire, and helped himself to the fermenting cider, encouraging the goblins to try and keep up with his pace, presumably out drinking at least a few of the Licktoad goblins. His grey cheeks were flush with color, and Pog seemed to lose himself in the festivities, howling with laughter.

kazooka
2014-09-10, 01:59 PM
Laruc carefully collected the fireworks, as many of them as the goblins will let him take. Leaving the goblins, he grinned and pointed at the bonfire while lifting a hand to his mouth in the universal sign for drinking beer.

Back in the glow of the goblin fire, he happily chews on a hunk of charred snake meat. As the chief and his bizarre retinue make their way across the village, he freezes mid chew.

"What," he says softly to his nearby pay members, "Is it that they're burning, exactly?"

Anubis Dread
2014-09-10, 02:06 PM
Discretly disposing of the food up his sleeve, Redrick shrugged as he continued to play. "What aren't they burning at this point," he replied. "This is not going well. They're friendly now, but this could turn at any second as soon as one of us does something they don't approve of. We have to leave tonight with the information. Did you dig anything up?"

Muenster Man
2014-09-10, 02:25 PM
Virgil looked at Rodrick, then at the red-faced Pog "Good luck getting the big guy out of here unnoticed. Chief here has a map, but it seems like he wants to hold onto it until tomorrow."

Virgil clapped to the beat of Rodrick's music while speaking quietly. "We might be able to swipe it while everyone's asleep, but that seems a little risky. If we are staying until morning, one of us should keep watch."

kazooka
2014-09-10, 02:37 PM
"I have discovered," said Laruc, "That goblins like fireworks, and that they are terrible at charades."

"I'm not overly concerned about goblin intentions at this point. Most of them can barely stand, much less plot elaborate betrayals. I am concerned about what the goblin king is currently lighting on fire. Because it appears to be the only remaining connection between ourselves and Scribbleface. Anything we can glean from it before it vanishes into goblin memory, such as it is, would be useful. "

Anubis Dread
2014-09-10, 02:44 PM
It's just wood from the house. They burnt all the paper long ago I'd wager," Redrick replied. Speaking of, if everything kept up like this he'd be six gold richer. So he'd best try to ensure they could slip away without any goblins dieing..

The tiefling bit his lip in thought and worry, before nodding. "Drunk goblins are a treat. Hungover goblins will likely want to stab us dead. We need to grab the nap once they pass out."

kazooka
2014-09-10, 02:53 PM
"Well that's simple enough. Wait for the goblins to fall asleep, then snatch the map from the chieftain and leave before dawn. If any of you have any writing implements, then I can even create a fake and exchange it. I had to abandon my forgery tools in an earl's outhouse, but to fool this bunch I might not even need ink."

He frowned.

"Or paper. Or possibly even a fake map. A simple enough plan though. Hardly even a burglary."

He eyed Virgil speculatively.

"I don't suppose you'd like to dress up as a dancing girl?"

Surgate
2014-09-10, 03:22 PM
Pog approached the Chief, offering some fermented cider apples, managing to maintain sure footing despite his indulgences. He bowed his head slightly, chuckling as he did so, "Thank you generous Chief! Let us see who can have the most before passing out!"

Muenster Man
2014-09-10, 03:53 PM
"I'm okay at dancing but you would need a really, really, really good reason to get me to dress up as a dancing girl." And he added "And like, 2 bits of gold. Also, don't have any paper or ink on me. We may just need to steal and run."

As Pog spoke with the chief, Virgil couldn't decide if it was masterful planning on Pog's part, or just a coincidence. "Looks like Pog's going to make it easier for us."

kazooka
2014-09-10, 04:59 PM
Laruc stands.

"But I would like to examine Scribbleface's hut before it is completely engulfed. I see no book binders in this place, and Scribbleface strikes me as the wall-writing type."

Laruc nonchalantly makes his way to the banquet table. There, he picks up a stick used as a roasting skewer, then finds a particularly under cooked slug, which wriggles as he spears it. He rests the slug-on-a-stick over his shoulder, as if it were a pike, then marches across the village grounds to the mound of twigs and timber. Against the spreading fire, he roasts the slug, all the while scanning the rubble for marks or strange items.

1d20+4 perception check. Check my math. I can't see my full character sheet from here.

kazooka
2014-09-10, 05:03 PM
keep screwing up the roll syntax on my phone: [roll0]

Filtro
2014-09-11, 10:39 AM
@ Pog

The Chief laughs really loud, "Games! Games is fun! Before we drink to sleep, we have many games for you, heroes!". He points to a circular, fenced and muddy pit, where a huge hyperactive pig runs around.

"First game is: Dance with Squealy Nord!"

He explains that you must mount the pig (rodeo-like) and try to stay on top of him for as much time as you can. He doesn't seem to be daring anyone in particular. It looks like any one of you could accept the dare.

@ Laruc

In a burning piece of timber, you can clearly distinguish something written - "Vorka"

Surgate
2014-09-11, 11:08 AM
Pog grinned like a mad man, approaching 'Nord' and ready to give this a shot. Pog loved games and a good challenge, even one as silly as this. "Come here piggy..." Pog entered the muddy ring, and attempted to close in on the pig and ride.

Not sure what to roll for this x.x

Surgate
2014-09-11, 11:57 AM
1d20-1

Fingers Crossed!

Surgate
2014-09-11, 11:58 AM
[roll0]

Ugh can't believe I messed up the tagging, sorry for the multiple posts everyone x.x

Muenster Man
2014-09-11, 12:20 PM
Virgil takes a moment to hoot and holler at Pog as the oversized pig struggles underneath the barbarian.

Filtro
2014-09-11, 03:28 PM
Pog managed to ride the pig for 18 seconds, until the pig shaked him off. The half-orc landed safely and graciously on his feet, as the goblins cheered.

The Chief clapped excitedly, "Ahah. You eat good and you dance with Squealy Nord like best goblin heroes. I give you this Dragon Brew Gourd for winning game."

Elixir of Fire Breath

"Now is time for next game!..."
The Chief claps his hands and two goblins arrive with an open bag, full of black, wriggling slugs the size of sausages. According to their expressions, you realize these slugs are considered particularly foul-tasting even among goblins.

The Chief draws a napkin made out of a soggy leaf, "One hero will eat a bag of Bull Slugs! You have 1 minute!" and extends the napkin for anyone who will take the dare.

Surgate
2014-09-11, 04:28 PM
Pog screamed with triumph, holding the gourd for all to see. He nodded with gratitude, and then at his companions to see who dared to try the next challenge.

"Bet they taste good!" he chuckled.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-11, 04:36 PM
"I swear to the Hells if this little adventure ends in us putting all our earnings from this mission towards a cleric to remove who knows what diseases and poisons Pog gets from this I'll be pissed," Redrick whispered Virgil as he continued to try to look as invisible as possible. If they picked him for one of these things, he was just going to burning hands the lot of them, snatch the map and run for the hills he swore...

kazooka
2014-09-11, 04:40 PM
Laruc swallows the last of his roast slug, then steps up to the challenge.

"Never turn down a free slug, is what I always say. "

He gingerly takes a slug from the bag, then throws his head back and swallows it whole.

[roll0] for constitution I guess?

"Delicious!" says Laruc with a strained smile. "Are they from Vorka?"

Filtro
2014-09-11, 04:58 PM
@ Laruc

Eating the slugs is not a problem - even though they wriggle and taste of rotten fish - not chewing them seems to do the trick.

As soon as the nearest goblins and the Chief hear the name Vorka, they stop their laughing and stay serious and puzzled for a moment, as if you made no sense at all.

The Chief asks "Why would slugs be from mean old Vorka? She only eats other goblins! Now eat. Fast or lose."

You can eat the other 4 slugs in your next post, if you want. Just make a CON roll for each one of them

kazooka
2014-09-11, 05:16 PM
"I of course meant the Vorka Ponds in East Lunbass. Strange that this woman has the same name."

He picks out another slug and gives it an adversarial look. The slug wiggles back at him, eye stalks rolling one way, then the next. Laruc shrugs and drops it down his throat.

[roll0]

kazooka
2014-09-11, 05:21 PM
[roll0] for deception

Filtro
2014-09-11, 05:28 PM
@ Laruc

The Chief tried to make sense of what you were saying. "Vorka no woman. She be a goblin. Pf."
As you swallow the second slug, your stomach rumbles. You notice some of the slugs are segregating a green slimy liquid. You pause for a moment as it slightly nauseates you. (46 seconds left)

kazooka
2014-09-11, 05:40 PM
"A goblin who eats other goblins!" Laruc says, somewhat weakly. "Well, I'm sure a powerful chief such as yourself will bring her to justice any day now. What danger could she possibly represent? "

[roll0] slug check
[roll1] persuasion check

kazooka
2014-09-11, 05:48 PM
Laruc raises the third slug to the chief in toast. Then, with a deep breath, he places it in his mouth...

Muenster Man
2014-09-11, 09:01 PM
Virgil yelled out, most unhelpfully: "IF YOU SPEW, YOU STILL HAVE TO FINISH IT!"

He couldn't help but suppress laughter and disgust at the game.

Filtro
2014-09-12, 07:41 AM
@ Laruc

The slugs became harder and harder to swallow as you became sickened by that last one. (34 seconds left.)
You get a -3 for your next slug rolls.

The Chief seemed to share your interest in taking Vorka down - "Vorka eated last chief. She ran to the marsh. Never found. She can do magics. Very dangerous. If you heroes find her tomorrow, you make her dead! You find her dogs, you make them dead! You find Lotslegs Eat Goblins Babies Many, you ma....maybe you run..."

Surgate
2014-09-12, 09:32 AM
Pog cheered Laruc on,"Don't chew and you won't spew! Aside from the obvious entertainment, he made note of the Chief's warning and decided to bring Vorka's head back along with the fireworks, and Lotslegs if it showed up too along the way. Pog possessed no fear of suck things, for Gruumsh's rage forever beckoned to be let out of the strong, scarred cage called Pog.

kazooka
2014-09-12, 10:45 AM
Laruc gasped a little. The last slug had somehow torn open in his mouth, like the world's most horrible dumpling. Laruc liked slugs. He had spent a month in the swamp of Feria shore, hiding from an earl and convincing the locals that he was a particularly dangerous ogre. In that time, he had learned that slugs were a perfectly good source of sustenance when roasted over a campfire with a spot of butter. But these were not those slugs. Briefly, Laruc considered where such slugs might have been living to acquire such an awful taste, and nearly lost his stomach in the process.

[I]Best not to think about it,[I] he told himself.

"Well, I suppose you should tell us where she is," he said, and stopped. The slugs were taking a toll on his ability to maintain a cool exterior. "So we can... shove her up a bear's nethers."

And with that he proceeded to eat the final two slugs.

[Spoiler][roll0]
[roll1]
[spoiler]

Filtro
2014-09-13, 08:02 AM
"We not know where Vorka is. Scribbleface maybe knows.", the Chief says before bursting into laughter when Laruc struggles with the last slugs. He passed the test, but became Poisoned from ingesting too much of the green slimy fluid - "No worry, hero. I give you medicine later and you sleep. That was fun. I give you Gorge of Gluttons."

"Now is next game! Is time for Hide or Get Clubbed - I dare hero to run to the marsh, no weapons, and hide for one hour! I send goblins to look. If goblins find hero, they smack him with a club,eheheh...I dare heroes!"

A poisoned creature has disadvantage on atk rolls and ability checks.
This is +1 dagger, shaped in a way the goblins call the "dogslicer" - it functions as a bane weapon when utilized against dogs or wolves, improving the atk roll bonus to +3 and dealing 1d6 bonus damage

Anubis Dread
2014-09-13, 09:34 AM
This was stupid, pointless, and a waste of effort. That said, if the challenge was to combine running, hiding, and subterfuge, he was the one for the job. What's more, if he lead all these goblins on this pointless chase, they might not even have to wait until this evening. One of his comrades could steal the map while he was gone and they could be gone this very night.

Casually strapping away his lute, Redrick pulled out his dagger, crossbow and spear and set them casually to the side. Though he kept his rod, he doubted the goblin chief understood it's significance. Coughing to clear his throat, the Tiefling put two fingers to it before concentrating for a few moments, then held out his hand to the fire.

"LET'S DO THIS!" the entertainer's supernaturally enhanced voice boomed, before he brought his hand down. The fire in the middle of the camp burst upwards for a few moments, transforming from a simple yellow to a glittering, sparking kaleidoscope of color more fascinating than even the fireworks the goblins had been playing with this evening. Taking his chance, the warlock started running towards the marsh. They were goblins, and he had the devils blood in him. When it came to games of cunning, there was no way they could win.

Mechanically, Redrick just cast Thaumaturgy twice. Or three times if you read it's use on fires as needing a separate casting on each effect.

Filtro
2014-09-13, 10:45 AM
As soon as Redrick left the village, Chief Gutwad started counting backwards from 10. Most Licktoad goblins stopped what they were doing and each one of them grabbed a club and waited for the countdown to run in after the Tiefling to find him.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-13, 11:11 AM
Not much of a head start. Whatever, he was as fast or faster as those goblins, so they wouldn't catch him easily. What's more, he was significantly smarter. If he was just some typical sneak thief right off the streets they MAY have had a chance. But he wasn't now was he? He had the devil's blood in him, and his wit to go alongside it.

The plan was simple. Well to him it was, the goblins didn't even know he had this kind of ability, so they'd never figured it out. First, he'd just run until he entered the bog proper. Then he'd wait until he found a large rock, little crevice, or other good hiding spot. From there he'd just crouch down and cover his escape with a few little cantrips. All he needed to do was cover the area he was in with more rock with a spell, then also create noises heading away from his position. If he hid on the opposite side as to how the goblins approached he wouldn't even strictly speaking NEED the illusion, he doubted they'd check. But it was best to prepare for everything.

So that's the plan - run, hide, illusion up some more cover to hide in and illusion up some footsteps heading away. Minor Illusion is fun.

Stealth: [roll0]

Filtro
2014-09-13, 11:34 AM
After a while, you hear lots of goblins in the distance, looking for you. Eventually, five of them approach your hiding place.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Filtro
2014-09-13, 11:35 AM
One of those five goblins seemed to focus on the large rock and started walking your way.

Surgate
2014-09-13, 11:41 AM
During the game Pog attempted to help Laruc, reassuringly patting him on the back. He nibbled on frogs, wondering how this challenge was going to play out.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-13, 11:43 AM
Only one? This was going to be easier than he thought if only one of them was keen enough to pick him out even when he wasn't using magic. Speaking of which...

A distraction seemed best. Concentrating, the tiefling created the sounds of an obviously fleeing creature heading away from the goblins away from his hiding spot.

Minor Illusion
Deception if necessary: [roll0]

Filtro
2014-09-13, 11:50 AM
The goblins immediately ran after the sound Redrick created. An hour did pass and the sounds of goblins in the marsh had stopped for a while now. It seemed safe to go back.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-13, 12:04 PM
Yawning, Redrick got to his feet and stretched. Nice nap. He guessed it had been about time by now.

Heading back into the goblin den, Redrick tipped his hat before nonchalantly rejoining the party. "And that is how you play around with goblins without making a fool of yourself," he smirked. Slug eating? Pig wrestling? Please.

Filtro
2014-09-13, 12:51 PM
@ Redrick

The Chief laughs, apparently much drunker than an hour ago - "You tricky! I like you! You win game! Here, I give you Magic Ring That Lets You Climb Real Good!" - he takes a ring from one of his fingers and hands it over to you.

ring of climbing - +2 bonus to acrobatics/athletics/strength/dexterity/etc checks which involve climbing something (or someone)

@ Virgil

"Now! Only one hero left to play!" - Gutwad gets up from his chair, almost falling in the process and spilling his drinks, and rolls and drags himself close to Virgil - "You get most dangerous game! Bring the Rusty Earbiter!"

Some goblins run behind the big chief's hut and comeback with a hollow coil of rusty wires, barrel hoops, bent swords, and thorny branches and vines.

The Chief explains to you the Earbiter was so named for the fact that it's claimed a number of goblin ears in the past (You see some severed goblin ears tangled in the sharp internal coils) and that it was invented by an half-insane goblin tinkerer, who has long since died, carried off one night by a giant bird of some sort, after his first and only test of a prototype bird-attracting hat, but his legacy lives on!

The goblins cheer and hoot when Virgil is dared to crawl through the Rusty Earbiter, and a half-dozen of them roll the 20-foot coil out along the center of the village, with the typical number of slashed fingers and stabbed legs such a task normally brings.

You must climb into one end of the Earbiter and then wriggle through it, coming out the other side. There's no time limit.

Climbing through the Rusty Earbiter requires a series of three Acrobatics checks, as you must writhe through a series of tight squeezes. Each failed check, you'll take damage. If you fail more than three checks, you fail the challenge and lose the game.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-13, 01:35 PM
"...good luck," Redrick offered, wordlessly handing Virgil his recently won ring. He'd need it more than he did after all. Wow, he'd really lucked out getting that easy challenged. There was no way he could force his horns through that things.

Muenster Man
2014-09-13, 02:46 PM
Virgil took the ring and slipped it on. He thought that anything at this point that could help would be nice, but the chief said it was a ring of climbing, right? Not sure how that would help at crawling.

He approached the seemingly lethal contraption and took a deep breath to steady himself. As he began to crawl through the Earbiter, he thanked himself for having such a thin frame.

If the ring helps at this task, add +2 to each of these results, although I don't think it does.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Surgate
2014-09-13, 03:02 PM
Pog mirrored Red's good luck but chuckled. This was going to be entertaining.

Filtro
2014-09-13, 03:09 PM
@ Virgil
Successes: 1
Fails: 2

You take 1d4-2 damage for each fail
[roll0]
[roll1]

Filtro
2014-09-13, 03:12 PM
I dont think I explained myself very well. It's not just 3 checks. You need to keep trying until you get 3 successes, or 3 fails.

Muenster Man
2014-09-13, 03:16 PM
Virgil kept cutting his slightly pointed ears as he made progress. "Thanks for the ears, mom" he muttered to himself.

Ah, okay. I'll roll two more to resolve it... one way or another :smallbiggrin:
[roll]1d20+5[roll]
[roll]1d10+5[roll]

Muenster Man
2014-09-13, 03:18 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Filtro
2014-09-13, 03:57 PM
Virgil succeeded in the test with just some minor wounds. "You heroes are much fun! You win all games!" - The Chief seemed very excited and very drunk, he took off his robe and extended it to Virgil - "I give you Chief's Personal Very Useful Robe That Is Useful! The games are over!"

You can spend the rest of the night doing whatever, or you can rest. I'll play along. When you want to move things along to the next morning, please let me know
This is a magical robe of useful items that has only four patches left: a ladder, a three-legged turtle, a horseshoe and a bullhorn.

Surgate
2014-09-13, 04:01 PM
Pog congratulated Virgil with a guttural scream of approval, and then made his way to the Chief with fermented apples in hand. "Much fun! Time to drink to sleep Chief!" Pog laughed.

Filtro
2014-09-13, 04:09 PM
"Ahahahaha. Yes. We drink now, until we sleep!"

Roll Constitution for me if you are drinking, or deception or whatever if you're tricking him
[roll0]

Surgate
2014-09-13, 04:16 PM
Pog's laughter matched the Chief. "Thanks for fun games! Like Humans say, Good luck!

[roll0]

kazooka
2014-09-13, 04:56 PM
"But...medicine..." croaked Laruc.

Muenster Man
2014-09-13, 08:36 PM
"Yes, it looks like we are both going to bed in poor condition. Hope this doesn't get infected." Virgil clasped his ears and then reached for a small gash on his back. Also, apologies for making light of your challenge. It seemed appropriate at the time, but you have my sympathies.

He found a spot to sit just outside of the celebration as it entered what seemed to be the final stretch, so he could watch without participating. He held the robes in his hands, not wearing it yet, fearing he would ruin it by getting blood on it.

Filtro
2014-09-14, 09:41 AM
@ Pog

The Chief started to drop from his chair. Other goblins aided him, so he wouldn't fall - "Aha-blheeeergh..." - the Chief vomited while he tried to laugh and speak to you. He then seemed to be speaking in the goblin tongue. One of the other goblins, nearby, approached Gutwad and accepted something from him. He then handed a flask to you, "Give this to hero who knows Vorka. Is medicine. The chief sleeps now."
The goblins carried Chief Gutwad to his tent.

Pog wasn't feeling well either...
Give me another constitution check, please =)

@ Everyone

The party seemed to be gradually over. Most goblins fell asleep where they were, and the others went to their huts. None of them seemed to find any of you suspicious. They actually seemed to trust you. Or maybe they were too drunk to care, for now...

Muenster Man
2014-09-14, 10:17 AM
Virgil grabbed his bedroll and laid it flat. After the bleeding stopped, he cozied up inside of it and tried to fall asleep.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-14, 10:28 AM
Well, they needed to wait for the poison to wear off. And worst case scenario it wouldn't be too hard to slaughter a bunch of hung over goblins in the morning if they changed their mind. Forcing himself to relax, Redrick also tried to retire for the evening.

Surgate
2014-09-14, 11:32 AM
Pog accepted the flask and bid the Chief a goodnight, stumbling as he brought poisoned Laruc the medicine before going back to his drinking to sleep routine.

[roll0]

He would either pass right out or stop drinking and find a nice spot to rest for the night.

kazooka
2014-09-14, 04:38 PM
Laruc downed the goblin medicine without hesitation. At about half gulp, he had a sudden and terrible insight that perhaps consuming even more concoctions brewed by goblins was not the most advisable course of action. Still, he swallowed. If it kills me, he thought, it will be small mercy.

The others appeared to have abandoned their hasty plan to drink, to sleep, or to their own motivations. Laruc wasn't certain he'd be able to awaken the orc before morning even if he did steal the map. And he was beginning to have doubts about the theft in the first place. He had become convinced that the Kajitsu Star, if they were to find it, would not hold the lantern or anything of real value to begin with. The ship had been wrecked for a decade, and any valuables would have been carted away long ago. Scribbleface had not mentioned any lantern, and if the goblins had found it in the wreckage, Laruc was certain that Chief Gutwad would be wearing it about his neck, or at least displaying it prominently. The lantern, if it was still in the marshes, was likely in the hands of someone or something much cagier than these goblins. And Vorka was Laruc's primary suspect.

Moreover, Laruc just didn't like the idea of stealing from the goblins. Whatever else they were, they had been generous and open, and Laruc was finding the idea of stealing what little wealth they possessed to be increasingly distasteful. They had fed him, given him drink, and yes, inadvertently poisoned him, but Laruc had seen far worse hospitality from creatures with far "better breeding". And there was the knife the chief had given him. If it did what it was supposed to, then it would come in very handy indeed...

And then there were his traveling companions: the orc, impulsive and unpredictable, the monk, well-meaning but simple, and the tiefling, competent but untrustworthy. He was far more uneasy with them than he was with the good-natured goblins. If it had been any other job, he would have slipped away in the night, moved on to the next town, the next scheme. But Master Ludwig had made clear the consequences if he were to do that. He would have to bide his time for now. Let the goblins lead them to the Kajitsu Star, scavenge what they could from there, and then go on to find this Vorka.

Filtro
2014-09-14, 08:24 PM
Next morning...

@ Virgil and Anubis Dread

Virgil slept well through the night and woke up, to find Redrick was the first one to rise, probably since the sun came up. You two notice some goblins heading out of the village, probably to fish or hunt. You are well rested and Virgil's leg looks like it has nothing to worry himself about.

The two noticed Laruc was still asleep next to them. Pog should probably be near the bonfire.
Heal up that 1hp you're missing =)

@ Laruc

Laruc spent the night waking up and felling asleep several times. Although he didn't sleep well, the medicine seemed to have worked, for he was still alive, sleeping at the time.

@ Pog

Pog was profoundly asleep, lying on the ground, next to the table, from where he fell.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-14, 10:33 PM
Fish or hunt huh? Or maybe to head to their target for more looting. Unfortunately even if that WAS the case Redrick had no real way to follow them to check without potentially ticking off their guests or getting separated from the others. At this point it was all or nothing. Either they left on good terms, or they had to do an all out battle right here. At least with that little hunting party gone the second option would be easier if it came to it...

Noticing Virgil was finally awake, Redrick frowned. If that was the case, they should all be prepared. Walking towards the bonfire, Redrick snapped his finger, creating a ringing sound right next to Pog's head. He'd be the hardest to wake up after all, might as well get a head start on it.

The sound is of course just a Minor Illusion

Surgate
2014-09-14, 10:56 PM
Pog groaned, slowly stirring from his drunken slumber, his hands clasped to his ears and his grey eyes shooting up to the tiefling. Initially he glared, and then he softened his gaze, rubbing his temples. "Ugh....thanks."

Filtro
2014-09-15, 06:55 AM
@ Pog

Give me another Constitution check =)

Surgate
2014-09-15, 10:15 AM
[roll0]

Let's see how bad Pog's morning is :smallsmile:

Filtro
2014-09-15, 11:02 AM
@ Pog

The Half-Orc waked up with a terrible hangover and was sickened.

In 5e, the sickened condition was incorporated into the Exhausted condition. Exhaustion is measured in 6 levels.
- Level 1 - Disadvantage on ability checks
- Level 2 - Speed halved
- Level 3 - Disadvantage on attack rolls and saving throws
- Level 4 - Hit point maximum halved
- Level 5 - Speed reduced to 0
- Level 6 - Death

Finishing a long rest reduces a character's exhaustion level by 1.
Your hangover gives you a Level 1 Exhaustion condition for 24 hours. You need to rest for at least 8 hours or find something that removes exhaustion in that time, or you'll be getting a level 2 Exhausted condition.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-15, 12:01 PM
"Your agony is thanks enough," Redrick quipped sarcastically. "Seriously, what in the hells were you doing drinking goblin booze? It had to be poison, even if they didn't intentionally make it that."

Surgate
2014-09-15, 12:47 PM
Pog laughed and groaned at the same time. "You think too much fiend, and your voice is surprisingly annoying for an entertainer." Now he was in a terrible mood. And he kept rubbing his temples, slowly coming to a stand. Maybe the Chief had some medicine for horrible hangovers. Pog could only hope.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-15, 01:02 PM
"My voice is only half as annoying to hear as your face is to look at," the tiefling retorted, before walking off. "If they have any livestock, dump your head in their drinking trough and get ready. Even if things go smoothly here, we still have a dangerous day ahead of us."

And now for the other one... walking back to their sleeping place, Redrick decided to be a little softer on Laruc and simply kneeled beside him and shook him awake. Unlike Mr. Drunken Pig Wrestler over there, Laruc had really taken one for the team by swallowing those slugs. "It's time to get ready."

Surgate
2014-09-15, 01:16 PM
Pog laughed and groaned once again, ignoring the devil blooded warlock and looking around for a trough like Red suggested, he would dunk his head, and then ask around any goblins he could find for hangover medicine. Pog pointed at his skull, "Me drink too much, medicine?" He grumbled.

Filtro
2014-09-15, 01:24 PM
@ Pog

The few goblins who understood a little of what Pog was asking them pointed towards the Chief's Hut.

Surgate
2014-09-15, 01:44 PM
Pog nodded a thanks, slowly making his way to the Chief's hut, and respectfully called from the outside for permission to either speak/enter. "Chief! It is Pog. May me enter? Me drink too much, head hurts a lot. Medicine?"

Filtro
2014-09-15, 01:50 PM
You heard a voice from inside - "Enter, Pog and other heroes. We have to speak." - It was Chief Gutwad, for sure, and his voice sounded like he was not very well.

Surgate
2014-09-15, 01:55 PM
Pog didn't wait for the others, entering without another word, recognizing the Chief's pained voice with his own. Seems like he wasn't the only one feeling last night's festivities.

kazooka
2014-09-15, 02:00 PM
Laruc rolled over onto his side.

"Aww, pa; them pigs don't care when they get slopped."

Then he blinked and sat up.

"Oh good. I'm still alive."

He stood up, stumbling a bit, then steadied himself on Roderick.

"Why?" He moaned. "Why did I eat them?! I could have put them in my sleeve. "

He shuddered.

"Well, maybe not my sleeve. But somewhere,anywhere but my mouth! "

Laruc made a horrific, wet shuddering noise,*then spat with remarkable proficiency, sending a large, yellow missile far into the woods.

"It feels like I spent the night kissing a gnoll!"

Anubis Dread
2014-09-15, 04:20 PM
"Actually, you WERE pretty out of it last night," Redrick admitted. "Apparently the goblins had a gnoll friend who was kind of frisky. And you weren't exactly able to say no... we were going to stop it, but then we decided it was too hillarious to. Don't worry, she was just a cuddler."

Waiting a few moments, the tiefling went on. "Hyena sweet hearts aside, we've been invited to talk to the goblin chief. Seems like it would be a good idea to go."

kazooka
2014-09-15, 05:37 PM
"Is that how you remember it? See, I remember gathering all manner of intelligence while you played hide and seek."

Laruc took a drink from his water skin and spat again, this time less spectacularly, wrinkling his face at the taste still lingering in his mouth.

"If I ever need a goblin nanny, I'll be sure to give you a call."

"But we should join the orc at the chief's tent. Before he commits us to battling spider creatures in our undergarments."

Laruc looks around and sighs.

"In any case, I'll follow your lead. The chief seems to like you better. Actually he seems to like the orc best, but... undergarments, spiders, etc. "

Muenster Man
2014-09-15, 05:48 PM
Virgil caught Laruc and Redrick on their way to the chief's tent. I think we've all had enough embarrassment from this village. Let's hear what he has to say and get on with our journey.

Filtro
2014-09-15, 06:08 PM
You entered the Big Hut. The chief looked like he was dying, laying on the ground, covered by furs. "Do not speak now. Here is map. Go get fireworks for Licktoads." and turned himself around.

The journey to the fireworks stash, as indicated on the map, was relatively short - a slog not quite a mile-long through the swamp along the creek's southern bank.

One of the goblins taking care of Chief Gutwad motioned you to leave the hut.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-15, 06:13 PM
...right. Because they were totally coming back to this hell hole when they were done. He dreamed of hell some nights, and it was a significantly cleaner and nicer place than this village was.

Not saying a word, the tiefling followed the goblins advice. At least they could leave now.

Muenster Man
2014-09-15, 06:41 PM
Once the group was out of earshot of the chief, Virgil said to Pog Hey, have you ever known someone to be killed by a hangover? Because I think we're about to.

When they actually left the village, Virgil became much more stern and looked for potential threats as they walked along the bank.

[roll0]

Surgate
2014-09-15, 06:50 PM
The Half-Orc nodded, offering the Chief an empathetic look. If he had medicine he would have taken it himself by now.

Pog chuckled and shrugged, once more letting out a groan before he spoke, "Yeah. And I thought I felt bad."

As he walked alongside Virgil, Pog kept an eye out for something different from threats, more particularly for anything that might help this constant throbbing ache in his skull that heightened sight and sound to a torturous degree.

[roll0]

Anubis Dread
2014-09-15, 06:53 PM
"Knowing goblins someone probably poisoned his drink. Beyond normal that is. But then again I might just be optimistic," Redrick sighed whistfully as they walked along.

AFS but I believe my Perception is just +1, so...
[roll0]

kazooka
2014-09-15, 11:24 PM
Laruc trudged along behind his motley companions. As bad as he felt, the rest of his party looked even worse. Are they even paying attention to the road? he wondered.

kazooka
2014-09-15, 11:25 PM
[roll0] for perception, cause everyone else is doing it. At some point I'm going to make a post without botching the dice rolls.

Filtro
2014-09-16, 05:26 AM
Ups. Forgot to ask you guys about the marching order and speed. Your perception rolls will be taken into account after I figure out how you are traveling

Muenster Man
2014-09-16, 06:33 AM
Virgil will opt to go as the front rank if no one else wants to do so. Otherwise, he'll probably be in the middle. He would also recommend a slow pace so it would be possible to move with stealth and since the destination is close by

Anubis Dread
2014-09-16, 09:26 AM
Looking at it Redrick is probably one of the squishiest with the longest range, so he'll be in the back.

kazooka
2014-09-16, 10:37 AM
So Laruc is third and I think we can safely assume that pog is in the lead.

Surgate
2014-09-16, 11:00 AM
I don't mind being a lead and switching with Virgil when need be.

Filtro
2014-09-16, 11:00 AM
So I have Pog - Virgil - Laruc - Redrick. Ok.

About half an hour into the marsh, at about the halfway point on your journey, following the map's directions, Laruc spots huge spiderwebs pending from the treetops.

Surgate
2014-09-16, 11:28 AM
In Pog's hungover state, he doesn't notice nor seem to care about the large spider web presence, his hand touching the Dragon Brew Gourd on his hip. The last thing he wanted to do was drink more and see how this tasted, but he certainly would if he had to.

The Half-Orc kept walking along the path, and looking over his shoulder at his companions, they easily noted the large bags hanging beneath Pog's eyes, somewhat obscured by the skin-like mask.

kazooka
2014-09-16, 11:29 AM
"Oh for- We had to avoid one thing! One thing! And of course we run right into it, and of course it's spiders! "

Laruc draws his crossbow.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-16, 12:07 PM
Spider webs? Where? Looking about confused, Redrick finally spots the webs above them. Hm... webs in tree tops huh?

"So how many of you would be opposed to turning a forest into an open field?" Redrick asked thoughtfully. Lot of leaves, lot of webs, fire magic... the simplest solution was usually the best.

Surgate
2014-09-16, 12:42 PM
Pog grinned, making a dramatic gesture with his hands, as if he were warming them against a huge bonfire. "Make Big Flame, Red."

He unsheathed his greataxe, holding the cumbersome weapon without effort in between his stone-like fists.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-16, 12:47 PM
"Alright then... everyone, move back once it starts. I have no idea how far this will spread. Hopefully throughout the whole damn place so we don't have to deal with any other spiders or killer elk or the like," Redrick warned.

Hm... the tree tops were a bit high up. Climbing up a bit first, the tiefling aimed a hand at the web before shooting off a gout of flame. Ah, having your soul be in a contract with an devil had it's perks sometimes. Sliding back down the tree, Redrick dusted himself off as the fire spread.

"Let's back up and let it burn out before going on," he advised.

I'm pretty sure partially climbing a tree is simple enough not to require a check.

Using Burning Hands. Should I roll damage? He's just using it to light the webs and tree tops on fire, which seems like even a minimum roll would do...

Filtro
2014-09-16, 01:09 PM
As soon as Laruc speaks in a loud voice a Giant Spider who has been lurking in the treetops climbs down in front of you. This must be the Lotslegs Eat Goblin Babies Many you heard so warmly of.

http://jrfaulkner.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/GiantSpider_color.jpg

Please roll initiative. I'll announce turn order when you've done it.
And, to make my job easier, each time you post while you are in combat, please include your current HP and your total AC. Thank you.

Filtro
2014-09-16, 01:13 PM
@ Redrick

Sorry I was posting at the same time as you. Anyway, as soon as Laruc spoke, the spider climbed down. I need your initiative before you start burning anything =P

Anubis Dread
2014-09-16, 01:15 PM
It's fine, it sounded a little bit too easy :smalltongue:

Initiative: [roll0]

EDIT: Holy hell maybe it's best that fire was retconned out of existence. With rolls like this Redrick would have somehow missed the trees and hit himself.

AFS right now, but I belive it's

AC: 14
HP: 10

Surgate
2014-09-16, 01:19 PM
Pog saw the spider and tried to steel his will for the battle, the hangover would have to be significantly worse to stop him from the thrill of conflict and bloodshed. He growled, and called upon his Orc God. "Blood for One-Eye Gruumsh!"

[roll0]

HP:15
AC:15

kazooka
2014-09-16, 01:36 PM
Laruc cocked the crossbow expertly, and took aim.

[roll0] I don't know if I'm supposed to add dexterity to initiative or not. If so, it's +4.
HP: 9
AC: 14

Muenster Man
2014-09-16, 06:33 PM
Virgil steps back and draws a dart hanging from his back.

[roll0]
HP: 8
AC: 15
Sorry for the delay in posting. The past two days I just started a full-time job.

Filtro
2014-09-16, 06:36 PM
Initiative Order
1 - Laruc
2 - Pog
3 - Virgil
4 - Spider
5 - Redrick

I mean, anyone who's first than the spider can play his turn, I guess...so it will be...

1 - Laruc, Pog and Virgil
2 - Spider
3 - Redrick

I think this system is best. it means Laruc doesn't necessarily be the first. Any of you three can do it, to keep it flowing and minimum of waiting. What do you guys think?

Surgate
2014-09-16, 06:44 PM
Would you prefer we wait our specific turn in initiative or can we post and let them play out in proper order?

Pog shook with a deep, divine anger boiling in his orcish blood. His teeth clenched, and those stone grey boulders he called his hands gripped the mighty axe as tight as he could, his pursed lips opening once more and erupting with a primal roar. "BLOOOOOOOD FOOOR GRUUUUUMSHHHH!!!"

The Half-Orc charged forth and swung at the giant spider, the rage which made him forget about that terrible hangover from the night before overshadowing all thought and aches.

-Activate Rage
-Charge and Attack Giant Spider
[roll0]
[roll1] *Another +2 to damage bc of rage bonus if this hits

HP:15

Surgate
2014-09-16, 06:47 PM
[roll0] With rage adding +2 to this extra damage, gets pooled with what's been already rolled. Wow!

Edit: Yeah...with that Roll lets see how the spider is feeling after Pog. So that 13 becomes 15, and adding to this 15, that makes 30 right? And I forget what the crit bonus actually is in this edition

Edit Edit: Looks like I roll one more time for the crit bonus XD sorry for the multple posts guys...but I just butchered this spider.

Muenster Man
2014-09-16, 06:52 PM
I like it. I could see turn-based combat being slow, otherwise.

Virgil maneuvers to a good position to reach a clear shot with his dart.

Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Surgate
2014-09-16, 06:52 PM
[roll0]

So 15+15+whatever this roll is.

Filtro
2014-09-16, 07:02 PM
Everyone stopped for a moment, witnessing the power of an hungover half-orc enraged with the wrath of his god, as he slashed the giant spider in two halves...

Combat's over. Super Mecha Rage Orcish First Blood =D

You all gain 200xp, except Pog, who wins 201 =D

Muenster Man
2014-09-16, 07:05 PM
Virgil retracts the dart he was about to throw as he saw Pog destroy the giant spider. His jaw was slightly agape. "If hungover Pog can do that, I'd hate to be on his bad side... good... good job, Pog."

Filtro
2014-09-16, 07:10 PM
@ Laruc and Virgil

Your passive perception makes you notice a corpse webbed to a tree nearby.

Surgate
2014-09-16, 07:21 PM
There is a wild look in Pog's eyes as he pants heavily, Gruumsh's rage washing over him in waves, until the tides settled, and the hungover Half-Orc groaned and roared in triumph all at once. "Uuuughh. Thank you." It wasn't clear whether he addressed Virgil, Gruumsh, or both.

He walked over to the bane of the goblins and freed a half of its head from its half of the body and put it in his sack as a trophy, and proof for the Chief when and if they returned. Regardless he had an excellent story for the rest of Ludwig's Adventuring Party. His muscles relaxed, and Pog felt the hangover in full force once again.

Muenster Man
2014-09-16, 07:22 PM
Looks like this one had a treat saved. Probably a goblin. It's worth a look.

I should really be carrying a knife for stuff like this Virgil says to himself as he attempts to climb up and cut down the body with the help of his bear claw necklace.

[roll0]

Filtro
2014-09-16, 07:29 PM
@ Virgil

You managed to bring the corpse down. Inspecting it, you found what looked like a full equipped goblin hunter, and all of his possessions were intact:
- A quality light crossbow
- 24 gold pieces
- A pearl
- 2 potions labeled "Heals"

Anubis Dread
2014-09-16, 07:31 PM
Peering over Virgil's shoulder, Redrick had to scoff when he saw the potions. "Who wants to bet that those are just horribly mispellings of 'acid'?" he asked sarcastically. Heals? Since when could goblins spell?

Speaking of which... "By the by, I believe I'm still owed a nice six gold pieces from our little bet," he went on. "I suppose I'll just take it from your share of this."

Muenster Man
2014-09-16, 07:38 PM
Virgil scowled at the mention of the bet. "Fine. But I thought that bet was only in the case of us fighting them."

He handed Redrick the six coins. "I suppose Pog should take his pick of the treasure we can't split. Plus the most coins, say 9 for him? You and Laruc get 4 more. And I'll take the last coin. Sound like a good deal?"

Anubis Dread
2014-09-16, 07:41 PM
"Doesn't sound too good to me. But then again, I hate fairness with a passion, and this reeks of it," he quipped, quickly tucking the coins away. "So long as I get my bet money and my share, I'll say that sounds like a decent enough arrangement."

Surgate
2014-09-16, 07:44 PM
Pog nodded, looking over the loot and plucking one of the healing potions for himself. "The Devil is in the Details Red, Right? You bet 6 goblins dead. I'll hold onto my share. Unless you want to fight me over 3 gold pieces? Pog held half of the spider head up to remind the warlock.

The Barbarian stepped away with his share of the gold and the potion, wishing it could cure more than physical wounds.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-16, 07:47 PM
"Indeed they are. And I believe the bet was who's number was CLOSEST," the warlock retorted as the divided up the loot. "I'm not sure how up to speed you are on mathematics, but six is a smaller number than twelve. That said, you're already getting the lions share, so no use complaing I'd say."

Looking over the loot, the tiefling's eyes settled on the pearl. "I don't suppose anyone would mind me taking that little gem stone for my own?"

Surgate
2014-09-16, 07:51 PM
Pog chuckled. It was clear he didn't care about the gold so much as he did messing with the fiend.

Muenster Man
2014-09-16, 07:55 PM
Virgil grabbed the bottle labeled 'Heals' and looked at it ambivalently. This could be useful, if it doesn't kill me.

kazooka
2014-09-16, 11:05 PM
"Well, that was anti-climactic," said Laruc. "I'll take that crossbow if none of you mind. How a goblin found a weapon like this is beyond me, but it's better than mine, and none of you look quite like the crossbow type."

Anubis Dread
2014-09-16, 11:13 PM
"No, I much prefer exploding my opponents heads with sick rifts more than steel bolts," the warlock agreed. "Now that that's taken care of, shall we move on? Unless there are any other spiders for Pog to disintegrate."

Surgate
2014-09-16, 11:19 PM
Pog wiped the axe clean and was trudging along, head down, hands massaging his temples as if it might help. "Hope not. Let's keep moving."

Filtro
2014-09-17, 09:04 AM
The point indicated on Scribbleface's map was not quite on the coast, but it was close enough to hear the faint susurrus of waves crashing on an unseen swampy shoreline. As you approached it, the site was obvious - a large wrecked ship lodged in a shallow pool of swamp water.

Driven aground at least for a decade, during a particularly violent storm that flung the ship several hundred feet into the flooded swap, the ship itself is a two-masted Chelish sailing vessel with strange, faded writing on its bow (You imagined this strange written language must have spelled Kajitsu Star).

http://i.imgur.com/ENnecrX.png

The ship was quite old, mired in the mud in this clearing, its rigging thick with moss and decorated with lanterns and wind-chimes made from goblin skulls and bones.

The swamp "yard" that surrounded the wreck was encircled by a rickety wooden fence. A thin curl of smoke wafted up from a chimney that protruded from an unusual box-like structure near the ship's bow.

You're still looking at the ship from a distance.

kazooka
2014-09-17, 09:42 AM
"Well," said Laruc, "That is interesting. Judging by the goblin bones, I think we've found Vorka."

Anubis Dread
2014-09-17, 09:59 AM
"Okay, who's taking bets?" Redrick asked casually as he looked the ship over. "Aberrant, beast, undead, dragon maybe even? I'm thinking undead personally." Still only one way to find out... "Pog, you're expendable- I mean indestructible. You head on in."

Surgate
2014-09-17, 11:26 AM
Pog hefted the greataxe in between his hands and nodded, heading first towards the wreck and whatever awaited them.

Muenster Man
2014-09-17, 05:28 PM
"Hey now, wait up for me. I'll cover your flank as you go in." Virgil hurried up behind Pog, using his quarterstaff as a walking stick to help with the poor footing.

"By the looks of it, those are only goblin bones. If we're really lucky, whatever is inside won't try to murder us on sight."

Filtro
2014-09-17, 05:47 PM
As you approached the wreck, you saw a horse in the fenced-in area, on the far-side opposed to where you came from. The horse was a filthy, dark gray stallion whose feet had churned the region within the fenced area into a thick morass of mud.

http://i.imgur.com/iMrA8wO.png

If you want to attack this horse, please roll initiative.
If you want to ignore the horse and walk up the gangplank, or tame the horse or try and scare him or whatever, roll whatever - sneak, intimidation, animal handling, whatever...and also roll initiative.

The thing is, the horse is on the other side of the fenced area and has not noticed you yet.

So...roll initiative xD

Filtro
2014-09-17, 05:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WMEjzmT.jpg

Surgate
2014-09-17, 06:07 PM
Pog spotted the horse and held a hand up, asking in his own way for the group to halt progress until it was dealt with one way or another. Sneaking by wasn't exactly his style, and he didn't want it showing up later to bother them in dire circumstance, so the half-orc decided scaring it off, and if that fails, killing it to be the most pragmatic option. He held the axe up high, growling and shouting in his native orcish tongue at the beast, [Orc]"Me cut you down filthy creature! Run and hide!"

[roll0]

Attempt 1 [roll1]
Attempt 2 [roll2]

Muenster Man
2014-09-17, 06:15 PM
Virgil began to try darting past Pog and sneaking up the plank, but realized he'd never make it successfully without Pog charging in and blowing his cover. Instead he'll try to stay on the opposite side of the horse and attempt to find a place on the ship to climb up. He'll avoid getting caught in the mud if he can, but he'll step into it if it's necessary for a climb.

Initiative [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]
Athletics [roll2] (If there's no where to climb up, just ignore that roll, Virgil will stay on that side of the yard until it's his turn again)

kazooka
2014-09-17, 06:24 PM
As the half-orc charged towards the gray horse, Laruc drew his crossbow.

"He's either going to kill the best or mate with it," he said. "Either way best not to be present when the owner shows up."

[roll0] to hide

Anubis Dread
2014-09-17, 07:46 PM
A horse? Best to just ignore the damn thing, it wasn't like a horse could... oh.

Redrick sighed. "In for a copper, in for a platinum," he bemoaned, raising his rod and shooting out a blast of energy that pieced the air with a low musical chord.

Initative: [roll0]
Eldirtch Blast: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
On Crit Add: [roll3]

Filtro
2014-09-17, 09:03 PM
Initiative order

Surprise Round - Laruc and Virgil

Virgil, on your surprise round you managed to climb the side of the ship. I'm posting from my phone, i'll resolve it aftet i get some sleep.

First round - Redrick, Pog, Laruc
Second - Horse
Third - Virgil

Filtro
2014-09-17, 09:07 PM
Also, Pog. Your warning didnt work. You got the horse's attention and it started to run towards you, smoking from the nostrils, red eyes.

kazooka
2014-09-17, 09:47 PM
[roll0] +4? for intiative

kazooka
2014-09-17, 10:07 PM
Let's say that Laruc's hiding behind one of the trees? bushes? next to the house and inside the fence line.

Surgate
2014-09-17, 10:35 PM
Pog made sure he was still on the other side of the fence when the evil horse charged after him and despite the hangover he managed to grin, plucking the Dragon Brew Gourd from his hip and popping it open, then holding it up as if he were toasting his companions and the horse before taking the initial swig. He chugged it, getting as much as he needed for its intended effect, waiting for the horse to come within range before burping out a burst of flame at the beast.

So I have no idea what to roll for this or what the damage is, couldn't find the elixir in the 5th edition player's handbook. Is it different from other editions like Pathfinder?

Filtro
2014-09-18, 06:31 AM
Initiative order

Surprise Round - Laruc and Virgil - Laruc has hidden himself. Virgil climbed up the side of the ship. This round is over.

First round - Redrick, Pog, Laruc
Second - Horse
Third - Virgil

@ Virgil
The main deck of the shipwreck is cluttered with objects both natural and artificial. Thick swaths of leafy vines grow over the deck, and shiny green patches of algae and moss grow where the vines do not. The central cabin's roof has a wide edge, creating a canopied walkway along the ship's sides. A flight of steps up to the roof of the ship's main cabin, the entrance to which is blocked by a door decorated by a large number of rodent and bird skulls. A smoking stovepipe chimney extends up from the ship's highest point above.

You also see two dogs, each leashed at one of the two masts. They begin barking like crazy as you step on the ship.

@Pog
Elixir of Fire Breath basically lets you shoot a Scorching Ray from your mouth.
You create three rays o f fire and hurl them at targets within range. You can hurl them at one target or several.
Make a ranged spell attack for each ray. On a hit, the target takes 2d6 fire damage.

Filtro
2014-09-18, 06:44 AM
Redrick shot the horse with a blast of force below its neck. The horse whined, but it didn't stop charging in Pog's direction.

Surgate
2014-09-18, 10:34 AM
Pog waited to see if the horse's charge continued, and when it did, he unleashed the flame building in his throat!

Correct me If I'm wrong but I've got no spellcasting bonus so I'm just adding proficiency. And all three get fired at the same time yes? If not just take the top roll.
1st Ray [roll0]
2nd Ray [roll1]
3rd Ray [roll2]

Damage:
1st Ray Blast: [roll3]
2nd Ray Blast: [roll4]
3rd Ray Blast: [roll5]

kazooka
2014-09-18, 12:00 PM
Laruc steps out from behind the tree. As dogs begin barking above, he rolls his eyes.

"This is going swimmingly," he says, and shoots the horse.

[roll0]
[roll1] advantage
[roll2] + [roll3] damage +sneak damage

Filtro
2014-09-18, 12:35 PM

Pog spits fire like a flamethrower in the horse's direction. As the horse was engulfed in flames, an arrow pierced its torso and he whined and rolled and fell, burning at Pog's feat...

The horse is dead. Burned alive. Good job, Good-aligned characters xD ...... Your initiative is still important, since Virgil found two dogs, they're still part of this encounter...the one chained to the first mast is much bigger than the one tied to the second mast, or so it seems.

Edit: Oh, only Laruc's Good.....just realized this xD

Filtro
2014-09-18, 12:44 PM
New Initiative order

0 - After Virgil takes his turn,
1 - Redrick
2 - First Bigger Dog
3 - Pog and Laruc
4 - Second Smaller Dog
5 - Virgil

kazooka
2014-09-18, 01:23 PM
[roll0] intelligence. I'm going to make a check to see if I know what the horse is.

Surgate
2014-09-18, 01:33 PM
Pog loved the smell of burning horse flesh, his nostrils flaring and taking it in deep while its smoldering corpse continued to cook at his feet. Pog planned to return and take a trophy once they concluded business here, instantly shifting his attention towards the top of the wrecked vessel and Virgil with the incessantly barking dogs.

The Barbarian made his way over to the Star and planned to climb up and join the monk.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Yeah Pog isn't good, but I doubt the horse was 'good' either! I mean come on, red eyes and smoke coming out of its nostrils?! Abomination!

kazooka
2014-09-18, 02:22 PM
Laruc slipped back behind the tree to reload the crossbow. As the orc began to climb the ships rigging, he trained his crossbow on the entrance.

[roll0] hide again. Edit:+6

Muenster Man
2014-09-18, 09:15 PM
Virgil was somewhat surprised to see dogs chained up, but since they weren't a threat chained as they were, he decided to look for a way inside the ship. This plan took a slight detour as Virgil tires of the dogs' barking and jabs his quarterstaff at one of the dogs' head. "Quiet, you!"
I really doubt that this will make one of the dogs be quiet, but I'm doing it anyways.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Anubis Dread
2014-09-18, 10:31 PM
Dogs? After a horse with a death wish... yeah, they were boned. There was no way in the hells after that freaky horse that these weren't some sort of super strong hell hound.

Grumbling to himself, the tiefling began to haul himself up the side of the ship. Not much else he could do from down here - he couldn't get a clear shot.

Acrobatics: [roll0]
If Acrobatics can't be used in this context, it's Athletics unfortunately. [roll1]

Filtro
2014-09-19, 08:13 AM
Virgil hits the bigger dog on the head, making him mad. Meanwhile, Redrick jumps graciously onto the ship and joins him.

As it is being taunted, the bigger dog enrages and manages to break his chain, lunging on to Virgil.
[roll0]
[roll1]
If this hits you, Virgil, you must roll a STR check or you'll be knocked prone

Pog had a hard time climbing the side of the ship, and didn't manage to at first try. Damn hangovers.

Laruc, hidden behind a bush, thought about the horse. It looked like a regular warhorse. It might have been enchanted or corrupted somehow, probably by a witch or an evil druid.

The smaller dog barked madly, waiting for someone to come in range, ready to bite and claw.

Filtro
2014-09-19, 08:14 AM
Virgil still has a turn this round. And then it's:

1 - Redrick
2 - First Bigger Dog
3 - Pog and Laruc
4 - Second Smaller Dog
5 - Virgil

Filtro
2014-09-19, 08:17 AM
Two rickety wooden platforms—crow’s nests—sit on the masts, ten feet above the ship’s deck below. Each is linked by a pair of thick ropes, and additional ropes hang down from the platform on the stern-most mast to the deck.

Surgate
2014-09-19, 11:33 AM
The Barbarian groaned, once again touching his head, hoping this horrible hangover would dissipate, but nonetheless he gave the climb another try.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Anubis Dread
2014-09-19, 12:06 PM
Alright, his comrade is in trouble! It was time to... wait... that thing had gone berserk at a pole poking. How would it react to a blast to the face? ...well, Virgil seemed to be on top of that. It was best to take out the reinforcements before they got loose!

"Hey doggie," Redrick crooned to the small, chained up yipping hell hound. "FETCH!" Raising his rod, he blasted a bolt of dark energy at the hound, hoping to knock it down before it made a difference in this fight.

Hexing the smaller dog as a bonus action. Then, Eldritch Blast!
Attack: [roll0]
Hit Damage: [roll1]
Hex Damage: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

kazooka
2014-09-19, 12:34 PM
Laruc watches the half orc splat into the mud then remount the ship to climb back up. He shrugs and trots up the rickety staircase onto the deck.

Muenster Man
2014-09-19, 05:28 PM
[roll0]

Virgil attempts not to fall and attacks the dog again with his quarterstaff.

Assuming he didn't fall
[roll1]
[roll2]

Muenster Man
2014-09-19, 05:32 PM
I'm assuming I was tripped

Virgil picked himself back up (-15 feet speed) and Disengages from the unchained dog while thinking I've made a terrible mistake!. (If possible) He attempted to jump over the side of the ship unharmed and away from danger.
You can make an acrobatics roll while disengaging, right?
[roll0]

Filtro
2014-09-20, 01:56 PM
The Big Dog knocks down Virgil.

Redrick blast the smaller dog away and the chain breaks it's neck, killing it.

The Big Dog tries to bite Virgil while he's down, but Virgil manages to dodge it.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Pog manages to climb the side of the ship.

As Laruc walks up the vine-choked gangplank he notices a mossy handrail descends sharply from the ship’s bow to the muddy ground below. One handrail seems to be encrusted with a large ball of dried mud.

Virgil gets back up and jumps away from the dog and to the outside of the ship.

Meanwhile, you hear the door from the ship's cabin crank open. Suddenly, a female Goblin wearing a hat climbs one of the masts. Redrick instantly realizes she's using a Spider Climb spell and her skin seems to be enchanted with a Barkskin potion.

Behind her and jumping in your direction, you see a giant frog.

She looks at Redrick and Pog from above. "Ahahahahahah. Ihihihihihihihi. Orc man's ears might taste fine stuffed with horned man's eyes!"
Shen then begins to chant in a strange language. A moment later, a swarm of bats arrives at her side, "Hello, dinner!" and as she points at you, the bats start to fly in your direction.

Initiative Order

1 - Redrick
2 - First Bigger Dog
3 - Pog and Laruc
4 - Virgil
5 - Vorka and Frog (Lord Longtongue)

Anubis Dread
2014-09-20, 02:03 PM
Well that was easy. He liked easy. But that still left this big dog to worry about. Hopefully it was too busy mauling his comrade to pay much attention to him... and now there was some monster heading up the side of the boat to them. Unfortunately, he couldn't just bail and leave Pog to fend for himself. At least not yet. If he could just jump down, circle around and blast them from a distance it would work out, but it was more dangerous to separate right now. What if they went after him instead of Pog?

Waving a hand at the dog, an oppressive chill could be felt around it before the tiefling flicked his rod around in his hand and shot another bolt of energy at the best. Wanting to get into a position where he could just leap off the railing if necessary, the Tiefling backed up as far along the ship as possible.

Whoops. Hex also gives disadvantage on one time of ability, and I forgot to pick when I cast it. I'll choose strength.

Hexing the big dog, then blasting it with Eldritch Blast
Damage: [roll1]
Hex: [roll2]

EDIT: Oh and I forgot, darkside temporary hit points! By downing an enemy, Dark One's Blessing means Redrick gains 5 temp hp.

Surgate
2014-09-20, 02:05 PM
When Pog finally made it up, his eyes widened with another wave of rage at the sight of Vorka, and Virgil knocked prone. Unlike Red, Pog merely pursed his lips before howling at Vorka and her swarm of bats, and her animal army his axe swinging wildly as he charged at the bigger dog.

-Activate 2nd Rage of the Day
-Attack Bigger Dog
[roll0]
[roll1]

kazooka
2014-09-20, 03:34 PM
Laruc raises his crossbow then stops, dogs the bow and begins to rummage through his pack. He pulls out a goblin firework and his tinder box, using the latter to spark the goblin fuse. As the fuse burns down, Laruc smiles.

" Vorka, I presume. The Licktoad goblins send their regards."

Laruc is going to fire the sky rocket at Vorka in an attempt to knock her off the mast or otherwise blind/deafen her. [roll0] for Dex I guess? +4?

Filtro
2014-09-20, 04:13 PM
Redrick blasts the other dog, who now seems more enraged than ever.

The Big Dog goes berserk and jumps the closest one of you, Pog.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Pog enrages as well and with a swift swing of his axe decapitates the dog.

"Licktoads tasty. Humans more tasty. Ah-ha.", Vorka jumps to the other mast as Laruc's shot misses her. The firework flies in a straight line until it explodes in the distance.

1 - Redrick - done
2 - First Bigger Dog - dead
3 - Pog and Laruc - done
4 - Virgil
5 - Vorka and Frog (Lord Longtongue)

Muenster Man
2014-09-20, 05:02 PM
Virgil landed in relative safety but he needed to act fast. Moving around the side of the ship, he slipped his hand into the part of his pack where he had recently placed the potion labeled as 'Heals.' "Bottom's up." He emptied the contents of the bottle as he reached the bottom of the plank, attempting to rejoin his allies.

Current HP: 4
Assuming that this is a potion of healing: [roll0] hit points healed.

kazooka
2014-09-20, 05:18 PM
"Yes, that's really about what I should have expected from the Licktoads," Laruc muttered.

He picked up his crossbow and fired a bolt towards vorka.

attack
[Roll]1d8+4 damage

kazooka
2014-09-20, 05:24 PM
[roll0]
Damage roll

Surgate
2014-09-20, 07:41 PM
Another head for the collection. In his madness Pog briefly contemplated carrying every head he could back to the Licktoads to prove his prowess, with fireworks strapped down, and then he turned his attention on the giant frog, babbling incoherently in orcish as he raised his axe again and charged at Vorka's pet, through the bats swooping down if he had to, he kept advancing with murderous intent.

-Sustaining Rage
-Attack Lord Longtongue
[roll0]
[roll1]

Filtro
2014-09-22, 10:29 AM
Virgil drank the potion and felt reinvigorated.

The summoned bats flew in Pog's direction and tried to bite him.
[roll0]

The frog brings his long tongue out and tries to slap Pog with it.
[roll1]
[roll2]

As she dodges Laruc's missile and jumps to the other mast, she draws an explosive herself, uses a Produce Flame spell, lights it and throws it at the cabin on top of the first mast of the ship. The door opens and a third Huge Dog comes out. "Cuddles, go fetch dinner!"

http://i.imgur.com/VmDENMM.png

http://i.imgur.com/ELfgDPl.png

Initiative Order

1 - Redrick, Pog ,Laruc
2 - Cuddles
3 - Virgil
4 - Vorka and Frog (Lord Longtongue)

As Vorka lauches the explosive, a bolt hits her in the chest, covered in barkskin. Although it protected her, Laruc's shot was enough to make her bleed.

Pog runs in the frog's direction as his tongue comes at him, swinging his axe and cutting the tongue off. The frog croaks in pain but it's still alive.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-22, 12:28 PM
Okay, he was safe for now right? Pog was tough, he could take on the frog. And bats. And... dog... shoot. Still unless he wanted this Vorka to bring in more puppies, he needed to off her before she could unlock anymore kennels.

"Hey, ugly cannibal!" Redrick taunts casually, flicking his rod up into the air before catching it several times. "Eat this." Catching the rod, the tiefling levels it at the goblin and shoots off another bolt.

Hexing Vorka then Eldirtch Blasting.
Attack: [roll0] (have actually been miscalculating this a bit, it's higher than I've been rolling before now)

Surgate
2014-09-22, 01:04 PM
The bats proved only to further enrage Pog as he chopped off Lord Longtongue's tongue, dubbing him thus 'Lord Notongue' in a frenzy of insane thoughts and howling. With the Frog somewhat indisposed, then came Cuddles, another big dog arriving for its meal, Pog screamed and charged at the newcomer with axe raised, ready to cut down yet another of Vorka's pets.

-Sustain Rage (Says Rage lasts for 1 minute uninterrupted. I'm not sure how many rounds that translates to. I'm assuming anywhere from 3-5 turns uninterrupted, just let me know :smallwink:)
-Attack Cuddles
[roll0]
[roll1]

HP:12

Filtro
2014-09-22, 03:58 PM
Redrick blasts Vorka, but apparently the barkskin protected her and the attack had no conclusive effect.

The dog Cuddles moves down the stairs from the cabin,as fast as he cans.

Initiative Order

1 - Redrick, Pog ,Laruc - done
2 - Cuddles - done
3 - Virgil

Muenster Man
2014-09-22, 05:46 PM
Virgil gritted his teeth as he thought Another dog!?. He readies his quarterstaff to whack the new dog and then kick the beast.

Quarterstaff Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Bonus Action Unarmed Attack roll: [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Muenster Man
2014-09-23, 05:33 PM
OOC: As above, but instead pulling out a dart to throw at the dog.

Damage [roll1]

Filtro
2014-09-24, 05:14 AM
Virgil throws a dart at Cuddles, hitting it. The dog keeps moving down to help his master.

Vorka seems quiet for a second, focusing on herself, muttering words. You all realize she's using a spell to heal herself.
[roll0]

The tongueless frog now croaks more loudly, and teeth start to grow from his mouth as he trembles. He jumps at Pog to bite him.
[roll1]
[roll2]

The swarm of bats begins to dissipate, but some of them still try and bite Pog.
[roll3]

1 - Redrick, Pog (actions pending) ,Laruc
2 - Cuddles
3 - Virgil

Anubis Dread
2014-09-24, 09:31 AM
Redrick looked up at the cannibalistic goblin above them and blinked in surprise. Before laughing. Healing herself? That meant she wasn't blasting any of them or summoning any other hell beasts! And everything was attacking Pog! Which he probably shouldn't be happy about, but it meant they weren't attacking him.

"Let's open those wounds back up," the tiefling quipped, leveling his rod and blasting off another bolt of energy at Vorka.

Eldritch Blast

kazooka
2014-09-24, 10:24 AM
Laruc retreated back behind the closest tree. When Vorka finally let loose, he wanted to be behind as much cover as possible. Notching another bolt, he took aim at Vorka.

"I'm willing to bet that you run out of magic before I run out of bolts."

[roll0] attack. (Think I've been forgetting to add my proficiency bonus.

Filtro
2014-09-24, 11:47 AM
Redrick misses Vorka with the blast (although she is hexed)

Pog cuts the frog's head. Vorka screams in rage.

Laruc shoots a bolt at Vorka and misses.

The dog, Cuddles jumps down onto the First Floor and lunges at Redrick (make a STR check or something to see if it knocks you prone)
[roll0]
[roll1]

1 - Redrick, Pog, Laruc - done
2 - Cuddles - done
3 - Virgil
4 - Vorka

Anubis Dread
2014-09-24, 12:09 PM
Defensively raising his arm, Redrick grimaced as the black sheen of his protective shell was shattered with a single attack. Plus some blood drawn besides. He should have gotten out well before now, and now he had a dog mauling him.

I suppose it would be oppose Athletics if it's a Shove effect? If so then I think I have a 0 modifier total there... [roll0]

Filtro
2014-09-24, 12:54 PM
You are knocked prone.

Surgate
2014-09-24, 01:09 PM
Satisfied with defeating the giant frog and inspiring Vorka's anguish, Pog turned to find another one of his companions getting mauled and set about charging after the beast with his bloody axe raised once again, ignoring the remaining bats biting at him, screaming and shouting at the top of his lungs as he felt the mighty rage of Gruumsh in its last waves. They needed to wrap this up quick, or else Pog's hangover was going to come back in full force and make it that much more difficult.

HP:8

-Sustain Rage (I'm assuming after this round its been at least a minute)
-Attack Cuddles
[roll0]
[roll1]

Muenster Man
2014-09-24, 05:19 PM
You factored in my attack from the last round, right?

Virgil runs towards the dog and tries to step between it and Redrick while drawing his quarterstaff and whacking the beast followed by a swift kick.

Quarterstaff [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Unarmed (Bonus Action) [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Filtro
2014-09-24, 06:20 PM
Virgil hits with his staff but misses his second attack. The dog's still pretty healthy.

The bats dissipate, right before Vorka descends from the mast and engages Virgil and Redrick. She extends her hand in Virgil's direction and projects a puff of noxious gas from her palm.

This is the Poison Spray spell. Make a CON save or... [roll0]

1 - Redrick (knocked prone), Pog, Laruc
2 - Cuddles - dead
3 - Virgil
4 - Vorka

Pog steps behind Cuddles and burries his axe in the dog's back, killing it once and for all.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-24, 06:24 PM
Oh thank the hells, it seems as though Pog had them covered. Getting up and dusting himself off, the warlock looked up at frustration at their real enemy before shooting off another blast of power. He was getting real tired of her antics.

Standing up from Prone before Eldritch Blasting. I know, I know, I'm a one cantrick pony.

*crickets*

:smallredface:

Anyway:

Muenster Man
2014-09-24, 06:39 PM
Virgil attempts to cover his face and hold his breath as the spray hits him directly.
[roll0]
Coughing and spitting a little, Virgil backs off and allows Pog to continue fighting in melee as he plans to drop back and help with ranged attacks.

Virgil Disengages from Vorka and moves off of the ship. Next round he'll move back up enough to get an attack in.

Muenster Man
2014-09-24, 06:41 PM
Virgil suddenly realizes that the poison took a much stronger effect on him than he thought. The blood he started coughing up didn't help either.

HP: 3

kazooka
2014-09-24, 07:35 PM
As the goblin witch dropped down below Laruc ' line of sight, he left the safety of his tree and ran back to the gang plank. There he examined the clump of mud that was clearly some form of trap. The other option read to climb the side of the ship, but Laruc hated climbing if there was any other option. His strategy had always been to walk right in the front door. If he was to do any climbing, it would be whIle making his exit.

[roll0] perception check

Surgate
2014-09-24, 07:59 PM
Pog felt the headache return as soon as he crushed through Cuddle's back with his axe, and he growled, sickened and exhausted, having spent all of his rage and fury for the day, and yet their foe still stood before them, flinging insult and magic. Unacceptable. Pog plucked his axe and charged at Vorka, swinging with full force, shouting the goblin witch's name with complete disdain.

Edit: Pog screams and attacks Vorka with no mercy.

-Sustain rage???
-Attack Vorka
Attempt 1 [roll0] yes!
Attempt 2 [roll1] no....
Damage [roll2]

Filtro
2014-09-24, 09:55 PM
Virgil disengages and backs off. In response, Vorka jumps and spider climbs the mast and shoots a dart at fleeing Virgil.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Redrick finally blasts the black goblin druid's barkskin away, making her drop from the mast and fall dead on the floor.

Pog drops his axe as he screams and drops on the floor, exhausted.

Laruc knows the ball of mud is a trap, but doesnt seem to find out what triggers it or how it works.

The fight is over. Each of you gain 250 XP and level up.

There's the main cabin and the crow's nest cabin to investigate.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-24, 11:17 PM
Redrick sighed in relief as his skin hardened with the cold, comforting sensation of black iron. Nothing like having a nigh unbreakable skin made of the souls of the damned to help keep you safe. Even with it though that dog had managed to sink it's teeth into his flesh. He'd hate to think what would have happened without it...

"So... one dead goblin still means I was closest," the tiefling notes casually, flicking his rod in his fingers before tucking it away. "More importantly, we now have a ship full of treasure to recover. Our target should be in the hold, but no harm in checking out the cabins first. See if there's anything else to supplement our income, if you catch my meaning."

Knowing he'd probably be better suited for it than others, the tiefling begins to climb the mast to get to the crow's nest.

Simple climbing probably doesn't require a roll, but just in case Athletics: [roll0]. More importantly, if that fails Acrobatics to avoid the consequential fall: [roll1]

Surgate
2014-09-24, 11:25 PM
Pog stays where he fell, at least for now, his chest rising and falling with each labored breath. Pog was tired, and yet also happy, grinning from ear to ear even though his head felt like an egg split open.

Muenster Man
2014-09-25, 06:00 AM
Virgil spits up a little more blood but decides he's well enough to continue on with the mission. He decides to delve deeper into the ship, looking for the lantern.

Perception Roll [roll0]

Filtro
2014-09-25, 07:56 AM
@ Redrick

You climb up to the second mast, no problem. You find an half-finished bottle of grog, a quality sling and 12 sling stones on the floor of the little nest. Making your way across the rigging into the cabin attached to the first mast, you find the door was blown away by Vorka's explosives, so you can look directly inside.

This room is a blood-splattered chamber of horror. Dead rodents, snakes and birds have been variously nailed, tied and hug around the walls. At the far end of the room, a large cauldron bubbles over an iron stove set against the aft wall, it's stovepipe chimney extending up through the ceiling.

A bloody burlap sack sits on the floor next to the stove. The center of the room contains a long, rickety table surrounded by chairs that contain several grisly decorations - a whole family of skeletal goblins, their bones bleached white and bound together by reeds and twine.

@ Virgil

You stop as soon as you remember the large ball of mud on the gangplank's rail that Laruc is contemplating.

@ Everyone

You still have the main cabin linked to the holding to explore. Also, don't forget to loot Vorka xD

Anubis Dread
2014-09-25, 09:58 AM
Sling and sling stones? Probably worth scooping up. The tiefling tucks them away before looking into the room, nodding thoughtfully. Looking around at his comrades, he casually entered what could only be some kind of study. Once he was sure that his comrades couldn't see him, the warlock doubled over and silently vomited. He couldn't let the someone see him be so uncool, but this was seriously messed up.

Wiping his mouth as he managed to get control, Redrick stood back up. Okay... this would not be pleasant, but he was the one who said they should strip the ship down for anything of value. He needed to turn this whole place over for anything of use. Hells he'd even need to check the cauldron to see if it was just a sickening brew or some kind of potion... maybe he could get Pog to test it...

Perception/Investigation: [roll0]

kazooka
2014-09-25, 10:27 AM
Laruc had a sophisticated and very special method for disarming traps. Baking away approximately 30 ft, then making sure his fellow travelers were clear, he leveled his crossbow and fired a bolt at the ball of mud.

1d20+6

kazooka
2014-09-25, 10:29 AM
[roll0] attack roll

Filtro
2014-09-25, 11:00 AM
@ Redrick

You search the room to find nothing worth grabbing. Inside the cauldron, there's an arm and a heart currently stewing, while the bloody burlap sack contains the rest of a body, including his uniquely branded face. Poor Scribbleface...

@ Laruc

As you shoot the ball of mud, it falls, smashes and releases a cloud of angry wasps. It iss a nest of wasps. This isn’t a full-fledged wasp swarm, but it could be dangerous if any of you were nearby. The wasps quickly disperse moments after their nest is destroyed.

Surgate
2014-09-25, 11:34 AM
Pog finally gets up and walks over to check and loot Vorka's body, curious what goodies she carried.

Filtro
2014-09-25, 11:49 AM
@ Pog

Searching Vorka's body, you find:
- 1 potion of healing
- Her leather armor, covered in fungus, leaves, bones, and such and such. Gross (maybe not for Pog).
- An average scimitar
- 5 darts
- 1 potion of Barkskin

Filtro
2014-09-25, 12:08 PM
Moving things along, I'll describe the main cabin of the ship.

The air in this cabin is thick and close, stinking of swamp and sweat, with a thick, glistening layer of mud on the floor, and swaths of oily fungus clinging to the walls.
Even more dangling decorations of goblin bones and animal-part fetishes hang from the ceiling on lengths of sinew here, and what appears to be a nest made of rags, sticks, mud and castoff bits of clothing lies against the westernmost wall.

There's a staircase on another corner that leads to the ship's hold. Scattered amid the filth and cluster are several exotic-looking man-made objects, including a tantalizing red chest.
The majority of these objects are filthy and broken, all of them strangely decorative, depicting colorful serpentine dragons, towering cliffs, delicate humanoid figures and strange pagodas. If you could take it all though, it might be worth something to a collector.

As you search through all these objects, after a while, you manage to find:
- A bejeweled silver and jade lantern built to look like a coiled dragon
- 140 GP
- 12 quality shuriken
- An ivory and gold fan depicting a gecko walking amid cherry blossoms. On its back, there's a map drawn.
- A long hairpin with a red pearl at one end
- A wand
- A crystal vial shaped like a heart
- A bunch of decorative objects that are still in good shape

Inside the red chest, you find the explosives the goblins asked you to get. The chest itself could be worth a substantial value:
- 15 Desnan candles
- 20 paper candles
- 7 skyrocks

What's next:

- You can go to Castenor, the nearest town, where Master Ludwig Mather's brother, Wolfgang Mather, lives.
- You can set camp right where you are and rest.
- You can return to Headquarters - a 5 day trip, assuming you rest 8 hours per day, passing through one or maybe two more towns.
- Do whatever. Your call =)

Anubis Dread
2014-09-25, 12:10 PM
Okay let's see, Scribbleface was here. Vorka was dead. And the family of goblins... he was still closest. He was closer than before even! Hahahahaha!

Forcing himself not to freak out at the sight before him, Redrick closed the bag and walked back out the room, taking deep breaths when he was away from the pungent smell of decay. "Nothing up here," the tiefling advised, sliding back down the mast of the ship. "Except a sling and some rocks I guess. Let's take a break then head into the hull." Even more than he wanted to recover his spells, he wanted to avoid any more nasty surprises before he'd had time to recover from the last one.

A little while later, the main cabin beckoned and... it was pretty damn nice actually. He was surprised - he hadn't expected this much loot to still be left. Let's see, there were some things that looked like they might fetch a bit, the lantern (thank the hells finding that had been easy), a map he had no idea what was for- oh oh oh, what did we have here?

Grinning greedily, Redrick grabbed the wand and looked it over in his hands. As the most qualified arcanist in the party it made sense for him to have this. He hoped it was something good!

Trying to attune to the wand, but if that doesn't auto-tell what it does Arcana is 1d20+1

Filtro
2014-09-25, 12:21 PM
@ Redrick

You identify it as a wand of create food and water with 2 charges left.
Your Arcane knowledge also feels the magical attributes in the shuriken. They are +1 shurikens.
You also know the heart-shaped vial contains a magical potion, but you can't seem to figure out what it contains, really. The vial itself could be worth something.

Surgate
2014-09-25, 01:23 PM
Pog plucked the barkskin potion from Vorka's body, imagining how terrifying in battle he might be with the extra protection before promptly picking up his axe and severing Vorka's head from her shoulders, and tossing it in his bag with the giant spider skull, or at least half of it anyways. He sluggishly made his way over to Red, not exactly sickened by the gruesome abode but not thrilled by it either. The red chest caught his eye, and he grinned despite his hangover at its contents, including the rest of Vorka's stash of forgotten goods.

Pog had a suggestion.

He cleared his throat, "I suggest we rest, and then take the fireworks back to the Licktoads and news of Vorka and Manylegs demise. I'm curious what our rewards will be. I'll carry the chest, and when we've emptied its contents, take it to Castenor. No telling how much its worth, including some of these other objects. Best to sell them before they get stolen or lost. And then we can have Wolfgang confirm the lantern for what it is, and maybe read the map on the fan. Thoughts?

Anubis Dread
2014-09-25, 01:27 PM
Holding the heart shaped vial of liquid curiously in his finger tips, Redrick nearly dropped it at Pog's suggestion. "NO!" he yelled in a panic. Before pausing and coughing, trying to collect himself. "I mean, they'll know soon enough. Besides, giving them more fire works is just a recipe for trouble. I say we just grab everything and head right to Castenor."

He was NOT eating frogs, or punching bears, or whatever other horrible games the goblins came up with.

Surgate
2014-09-25, 01:54 PM
Pog chuckled, putting Vorka's hat on Red's head. "Here, to remind you of how much fun we all had with the goblins. I'm fine with selling the fireworks at Castenor along with the chest. Suppose I'll have to find a place to put her head for them to find...

Pog put Vorka's head somewhere close to her body, and then he began clearing the deck, tossing the mangled bodies of the dogs and the frog overboard.

Anubis Dread
2014-09-25, 02:03 PM
Forcing himself not to begin freaking out until Pog left the room, Redrick immediately ripped the hat off of his head. With everything else that had been going on, having that hat on his head that was covered in who knew what was disgusting!

...though it was a nice hat. Covered in filth, but underneath it was... the tiefling sighed. Alright, he'd wash it and keep it when they got to town. And himself along with it, he felt he needed to take a century long bath at this point.

Figuring dividing what to keep and what to sell could wait until later, the warlock divided the loot into piles to be carried. Except for the wand and vial, which he pocketed. The wand was all but useless but might come in handy, and he wanted someone to have a closer look at this bottle before they decided what to do with it.

kazooka
2014-09-25, 02:27 PM
"Put the monster's heads on sticks outside the ship if you wish," Suggested Laruc. "It's not like we can leave them a note. Besides, I stilwith its wreath of bones. l have some question as to how the goblins acquired their own fireworks despite a giant spider, a cannibal witch and a demon menagerie."

Laruc poked his toe at one of the stacks of statuary before leaning down and picking up the fan with the map on it.

"You might want to take a closer look at that lantern, Redrick. We'll be taking it directly to Master Ludwig of course, but you should... insure ours veracity."

He held the fan up to the light, squinting at it as if it were a gemstone.

"And I agree, we should set up camp. But not here. Not unless one of you wants the master bedroom."

He gestured towards the charnel house, with its wreath of bones.

[roll0] intelligence check to see if Laruc deciphered the map.

Surgate
2014-09-25, 03:00 PM
Pog gathered some sticks and every head he could find, including Vorka's before making a row of impaled heads along the outside of the Star. The horse, Vorka and her dogs, and the spider all had a place to be seen clearly and when he was done Pog wiped his hands and groaned.

He still felt terrible.

"I'll take the master bedroom. Sleep wherever you like friends." Friends was a strong word, but they did work well together. Pog seemed to ponder the word choice, but the hangover made it a brief contemplation as he headed towards that gruesome room.

Filtro
2014-09-25, 04:26 PM
@ Laruc

You have no idea whatsoever where this map leads to. Or where it starts from. Or the area depicted in it at all.

Surgate
2014-09-25, 08:45 PM
On his way to what was once Vorka's humble abode, he decided to give her leather armor a second glance, not at all disgusted with it, but unsure how effective its protection would be for him, and hoping to determine whether wearing it provided any kind of magic or superior quality compared to his natural vitality and quickness.

-Appraise Vorka's leather armor
[roll0]

Muenster Man
2014-09-25, 10:46 PM
As to who to give the fireworks to, Virgil thought about this for a bit. He then remembers his Personal Very Useful Robe that is Useful and how surprised he was that the chief had come upon so many magical items. If we brought back a bounty of fireworks for them, what else would they give?

Virgil then pitched the idea to the group. "Why don't we just give them the fireworks and be on our way? The chief has to have more valuables to give us, probably more valuable than what we got for playing in goblin games. And they're only little more than a mile away, Castenor is much further. If we're going to trade it for something of value, I'd rather us not carry it that far. And I'd rather not have the goblins catch us sneaking away with fireworks we agreed to retrieve for them.

Redrick, if you have a problem with that, you can keep your distance. Although we shouldn't be gone for long."

Virgil lays his bedroll down in the driest place he can find that hasn't already been claimed in preparation for the rest.

Surgate
2014-09-25, 11:00 PM
Pog sided with Virgil."I don't mind bringing them the fireworks and finding out what kind of reward they had in store for us. And I wonder if the Chief survived his hangover....It wouldn't take us far from our path to Wolfgang's home. And you don't have to get close Red, merely give us enough time to make the delivery and be on our way. Selling the chest will give us gold, but the Chief did have some interesting items for rewards in silly games. Imagine what we might receive for the fireworks and news of Vorka and Manyleg's deaths."

To make a convincing end argument for the more pragmatically inclined, Pog asked, "Why work for free?"

Anubis Dread
2014-09-25, 11:31 PM
...he wasn't getting out of this, was he?

"Fine, if they're sober we'll hand over the goods and see if they have something to reward us with," Redrick retorted, more than a little frustrated they had to go back into that hell hole. "Bet or no bet though, if they try to get us to drink their fetid grog again I am burning the whole damned placed down."