PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing an Eberron fighter?

gutza1
2014-09-09, 06:45 AM
We are playing an Eberron campaign with a party consisting of an Artificer, a Rogue, a Cleric, and a Fighter. We have just hit level 2, but we have only increased our hit point total so far. Would it be possible to give tips for an optimized progression for the (two-handed weapon) fighter all the way to level 20, preferably without multi-classing? All official, WotC splatbooks are allowed(but I'd prefer not to use maneuvers and stances from the Tone of Battle). The fighter currently has Power Attack, Cleave, and Weapon Focus (great sword), and is a member of the house that has the Mark of Finding.
P.S. Is it possible for an artificer to control an airship without being a member of hous Lyrandar?

Edit: Just to clarify things, the Artificer is an Elf and is not part of any house. The fighter is a human who wants to have the two-handed weapon fighting style.
Edit2: The fighter has 16 STR, 13 Dex, 15 Con, 10 Int, 11 Wis, 12 Cha (we used a 32 point point-buy)

Thurbane
2014-09-09, 06:48 AM
Well, apparently the only way to play a Fighter (if for some exceedingly odd reason you don't want to just play a Warblade instead), is as a Dungeoncrasher. But be sure to multiclass out after level 6, whatever you do!

...sorry, I'll let someone else add something constructive.

Vhaidara
2014-09-09, 06:56 AM
You appear to be in a low optimization campaign. If this is wrong, then you should really switch to Warblade. Fighter will likely drive a new player insane with some of the BS you have to pull to get high OP.

As it stands, picking up Improved Initiative at some point is not a bad plan. Ditto Weapon Specialization. I'm not going to recommend an ubercharger, because groups should be free of rocket tag for as long as possible.

prufock
2014-09-09, 07:07 AM
You'll want to grab the Zhentarim fighter substitution levels at 3, 5, and 9, max out intimidate, and take Imperious Command when you can. You'll want the Never Outnumbered skill trick, with a reach weapon if you don't mind it. The Fear Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3809.0) can give you lots of ideas on this. Frightful Presence could be useful as well, but only affects those with fewer HD than you. Since you already have Power Attack, Intimidating Strike could help you (but note its limitation).

Darrin
2014-09-09, 07:07 AM
We are playing an Eberron campaign with a party consisting of an Artificer, a Rogue, a Cleric, and a Fighter. We have just hit level 2, but we have only increased our hit point total so far. Would it be possible to give tips for an optimized progression for the (two-handed weapon) fighter all the way to level 20, preferably without multi-classing? All official, WotC splatbooks are allowed(but I'd prefer not to use maneuvers and stances from the Tone of Battle). The fighter currently has Power Attack, Cleave, and Weapon Focus (great sword), and is a member of the house that has the Mark of Finding.

Race = Human?
1. Fighter 1. Feat: Power Attack. Bonus: Cleave. Human: WF Greatsword.
2. Fighter 2. Bonus: Improved Unarmed Strike.
3. Fighter 3. Feat: Superior Unarmed Strike (Tome of Battle).
4. Fighter 4. Bonus: TWF.
5. Fighter 5.
6. Fighter 6. Feat: Snap Kick (Tome of Battle). Bonus: Improved TWF.
7. Fighter 7.
8. Fighter 8. Bonus: Combat Reflexes.
9. Fighter 9. Feat: Double Hit.
10. Fighter 10. Bonus: WS Greatsword.
11. Fighter 11.
12. Fighter 12. Feat: Greater TWF. Bonus: Robilar's Gambit (PHBII).
13. Fighter 13.
14. Fighter 14. Bonus: Melee Weapon Mastery Greatsword.
15. Fighter 15. Feat: GWF Greatsword.
16. Fighter 16. Bonus: GWS Greatsword.
17. Fighter 17.
18. Fighter 18. Feat: Weapon Supremacy Greatsword. Bonus: WF Unarmed Strike.
19. Fighter 19.
20. Fighter 20. Bonus: WS Unarmed Strike.

Consider perusing: TWF OffHandbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?279079).

P.S. Is it possible for an artificer to control an airship without being a member of hous Lyrandar?

My understanding was yes, but only on the condition that the entire House Lyrandar drops everything to hunt you down and kill you.

Red Fel
2014-09-09, 07:22 AM

I'll address this question, since everyone else seems to have the other one nailed down.

Short version? Anything's possible. Remember that airships are controlled by an elemental spirit bound to the vessel, which is basically patented by Lyrandar. If, by some miracle, you find a way to bind an elemental yourself, and a way to control it, kudos to you. Be aware, however, that you will basically become Public Enemy #1 in Lyrandar's eyes - nobody likes competition.

Also, be aware that, as a member of a Dragonmarked House already (you mentioned that you had the Mark of Finding, yes?) you'll be getting your own house embroiled in that particular issue. You may well receive pressure from both sides.

This is, of course, assuming that you succeed in (1) building an airship, (2) binding an elemental to it, and (3) controlling the bound elemental to begin with.

Possible? I'd say yes.

Thurbane
2014-09-09, 07:34 AM
You'll want to grab the Zhentarim fighter substitution levels at 3, 5, and 9, max out intimidate, and take Imperious Command when you can. You'll want the Never Outnumbered skill trick, with a reach weapon if you don't mind it. The Fear Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3809.0) can give you lots of ideas on this. Frightful Presence could be useful as well, but only affects those with fewer HD than you. Since you already have Power Attack, Intimidating Strike could help you (but note its limitation).

Wouldn't a Zhentarim Fighter be a little out of place in an Eberron game? I supposed the DM could always re-fluff it.

gutza1
2014-09-09, 09:43 AM
Race = Human?
2. Fighter 2. Bonus: Improved Unarmed Strike.
3. Fighter 3. Feat: Superior Unarmed Strike (Tome of Battle).
4. Fighter 4. Bonus: TWF.
5. Fighter 5.
6. Fighter 6. Feat: Snap Kick (Tome of Battle). Bonus: Improved TWF.
7. Fighter 7.
8. Fighter 8. Bonus: Combat Reflexes.
9. Fighter 9. Feat: Double Hit.
10. Fighter 10. Bonus: WS Greatsword.
11. Fighter 11.
12. Fighter 12. Feat: Greater TWF. Bonus: Robilar's Gambit (PHBII).
13. Fighter 13.
14. Fighter 14. Bonus: Melee Weapon Mastery Greatsword.
15. Fighter 15. Feat: GWF Greatsword.
16. Fighter 16. Bonus: GWS Greatsword.
17. Fighter 17.
18. Fighter 18. Feat: Weapon Supremacy Greatsword. Bonus: WF Unarmed Strike.
19. Fighter 19.
20. Fighter 20. Bonus: WS Unarmed Strike.

I think that a combination of Power Attack, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, and Shock Trooper from Complete Warrior could turn an encounter of many weak enemies into Dynasty Warriors:smallbiggrin:. Especially since we don't have a wizard in the party and when the artificer will build wands, she will save their charges for stronger enemies. The fighter can also qualify for the Mobility feat chain.

Lanson
2014-09-09, 10:05 AM
On the matter of the airship, yes you can. Airships can be bought, and if purchased by legitimate means, house Lyrander should have no problem, as they will be making the money. There are examples if how to control airships without being part of the house with the mark needed to do so. It's a charisma check if I remember. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Darrin
2014-09-09, 10:31 AM
I think that a combination of Power Attack, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, and Shock Trooper from Complete Warrior could turn an encounter of many weak enemies into Dynasty Warriors:smallbiggrin:.

Great Cleave is usually a waste of a feat. The odds you will ever run into a situation where you're surrounded by many weak enemies is infinitesimally small. If it ever does happen, you're better off spending an Action Point to pick up the feat for a round (which I think is an optional rule from Unearthed Arcana... standard ECS action points can't be used to emulate feats).

I stayed away from Improved Bull Rush/Shock Trooper because for some reason I misread "two-handed weapon" as "two-weapon fighting". What I should have posted:

2. Fighter 2. Bonus: Improved Bull Rush.
3. Fighter 3. Feat: Leap of the Heavens (PHBII).
4. Fighter 4. Bonus: WS Greatsword.
5. Fighter 5.
6. Fighter 6. Feat: Leap Attack (CAdv). Bonus: Shock Trooper (CWar).
7. Fighter 7.
8. Fighter 8. Bonus: Melee Weapon Mastery (PHBII).
9. Fighter 9. Feat: GWF Greatsword.
10. Fighter 10. Bonus: Improved Critical Greatsword.
11. Fighter 11.
12. Fighter 12. Feat: GWS Greatsword. Bonus: Combat Reflexes.
13. Fighter 13.
14. Fighter 14. Bonus: Robilar's Gambit (PHBII).
15. Fighter 15. Feat: Overwhelming Assault (PHBII).
16. Fighter 16. Bonus: Defensive Sweep (PHBII).
17. Fighter 17.
18. Fighter 18. Feat: Weapon Supremacy Greatsword. Bonus: Slashing Flurry (PHBII).
19. Fighter 19.
20. Fighter 20. Bonus: Power Critical (CWar).

gutza1
2014-09-09, 10:37 AM
Great Cleave is usually a waste of a feat. The odds you will ever run into a situation where you're surrounded by many weak enemies is infinitesimally small. If it ever does happen, you're better off spending an Action Point to pick up the feat for a round (which I think is an optional rule from Unearthed Arcana... standard ECS action points can't be used to emulate feats).

I stayed away from Improved Bull Rush/Shock Trooper because for some reason I misread "two-handed weapon" as "two-weapon fighting". What I should have posted:

2. Fighter 2. Bonus: Improved Bull Rush.
3. Fighter 3. Feat: Leap of the Heavens (PHBII).
4. Fighter 4. Bonus: WS Greatsword.
5. Fighter 5.
6. Fighter 6. Feat: Leap Attack (CAdv). Bonus: Shock Trooper (CWar).
7. Fighter 7.
8. Fighter 8. Bonus: Melee Weapon Mastery (PHBII).
9. Fighter 9. Feat: GWF Greatsword.
10. Fighter 10. Bonus: Improved Critical Greatsword.
11. Fighter 11.
12. Fighter 12. Feat: GWS Greatsword. Bonus: Combat Reflexes.
13. Fighter 13.
14. Fighter 14. Bonus: Robilar's Gambit (PHBII).
15. Fighter 15. Feat: Overwhelming Assault (PHBII).
16. Fighter 16. Bonus: Defensive Sweep (PHBII).
17. Fighter 17.
18. Fighter 18. Feat: Weapon Supremacy Greatsword. Bonus: Slashing Flurry (PHBII).
19. Fighter 19.
20. Fighter 20. Bonus: Power Critical (CWar).

So what is the strategy for the fighter to perform? What are his capabilities?

Darrin
2014-09-09, 11:05 AM
So what is the strategy for the fighter to perform? What are his capabilities?

Standard Ubercharger stuff. 1st round: pick a target, charge it, Power Attack for full, and dump the attack penalty into your AC. Odds are good you'll kill anything with a single hit. At 6th level, assuming 18 Str, a greatsword is doing an average of 7 damage + 6 (Str bonus) + 12 (Power Attack) + 12 (Leap Attack) + 2 (Weapon Specialization) = 39 damage. Leap Attack doubles that to 54. Add Valorous to the greatsword (+1 enhancement, Unapproachable East) and the average damage is in the neighborhood of 80ish. A few levels later, and you should be cracking 100 damage.

It's not a particularly mobile build, though. Personally I'd probably throw Travel Devotion (Complete Champion) in there a few times to get 10/20/30 straight rounds of "move + charge".

There's also no Pounce in there. Most Uberchargers dip Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 1 for Pounce (Complete Champion). If two attacks hit, you may be looking at 200ish damage (or 300ish with a third attack from Whirling Frenzy). After that, maybe take Wolf Totem Barbarian 2 for Improved Trip (easy debuff), then Knock-Down (from the Divine section of the SRD) for attack + free trip + free attack.

However, do note that if you've got an Ubercharger tearing off HPs in 200ish or 300ish chunks, your DM is either going to A) panic or B) adjust his encounters in an attempt to deal with this killing machine. But if he uses anything that can challenge the Ubercharger, then the rest of the party is going to feel either overwhelmed or useless.

Urpriest
2014-09-09, 11:16 AM
Standard Ubercharger stuff. 1st round: pick a target, charge it, Power Attack for full, and dump the attack penalty into your AC. Odds are good you'll kill anything with a single hit. At 6th level, assuming 18 Str, a greatsword is doing an average of 7 damage + 6 (Str bonus) + 12 (Power Attack) + 2 (Weapon Specialization) = 27 damage. Leap Attack doubles that to 54. Add Valorous to the greatsword (+1 enhancement, Unapproachable East) and the average damage is in the neighborhood of 100.

It's not a particularly mobile build, though. Personally I'd probably throw Travel Devotion (Complete Champion) in there a few times to get 10/20/30 straight rounds of "move + charge".

There's also no Pounce in there. Most Uberchargers dip Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 1 for Pounce (Complete Champion). If two attacks hit, you may be looking at 200ish damage (or 300ish with a third attack from Whirling Frenzy). After that, maybe take Wolf Totem Barbarian 2 for Improved Trip (easy debuff), then Knock-Down (from the Divine section of the SRD) for attack + free trip + free attack.

However, do note that if you've got an Ubercharger tearing off HPs in 200ish or 300ish chunks, your DM is either going to A) panic or B) adjust his encounters in an attempt to deal with this killing machine. But if he uses anything that can challenge the Ubercharger, then the rest of the party is going to feel either overwhelmed or useless.

Minor note, Leap Attack just doubles the Power Attack damage (or triples, or something...stupid errata not being consistent with itself...), not the full damage.

Darrin
2014-09-09, 11:25 AM
Minor note, Leap Attack just doubles the Power Attack damage (or triples, or something...stupid errata not being consistent with itself...), not the full damage.

Good catch. Thanks. I'm not used to all the multiplier-stuff. I usually go the TWF route.

gutza1
2014-09-09, 11:26 AM
The fighter has 16 STR, 13 Dex, 15 Con, 10 Int, 11 Wis, 12 Cha (we used a 32 point point-buy).

Nerd-o-rama
2014-09-09, 11:40 AM
In all honesty, it doesn't sound like you need to worry about optimizing the fighter. Just have him pick things that will increase his damage like Darrin's suggestions and he should be happy.

As for the airship control question, there are two ways to control it.

-The normal means of control is an heir of House Lyrandar using their Lesser (or Greater) Dragonmark in conjunction with a special magical helm called a Wheel of Wind and Water which is built into the ship. No checks or special abilities needed. This is obviously not an option, but it does mean House Lyrandar has a monopoly on the legal ownership and piloting of these vessels.
-Controlling, compelling, or commanding the bound Elemental in the vessel directly. In order to affect the elemental in this way, you'd need to touch the Khyber Dragonshard in which it is bound directly, which usually means getting through a good deal of security (locked adamantine boxes, traps, etc.) You would then need to get the elemental to do what you want, through diplomacy (and speaking Auran or Ignan or whatever language the elemental speaks) or magic. The most effective means of this would be something very high-level like Dominate Monster, or a Cleric with the appropriate elemental Domain and a lot of class levels. In the case of your Artificer, I highly recommend a Wand of Charm Monster, the appropriate language, and some fast talking.

gutza1
2014-09-09, 11:44 AM
In all honesty, it doesn't sound like you need to worry about optimizing the fighter. Just have him pick things that will increase his damage like Darrin's suggestions and he should be happy.

As for the airship control question, there are two ways to control it.

-The normal means of control is an heir of House Lyrandar using their Lesser (or Greater) Dragonmark in conjunction with a special magical helm called a Wheel of Wind and Water which is built into the ship. No checks or special abilities needed. This is obviously not an option, but it does mean House Lyrandar has a monopoly on the legal ownership and piloting of these vessels.
-Controlling, compelling, or commanding the bound Elemental in the vessel directly. In order to affect the elemental in this way, you'd need to touch the Khyber Dragonshard in which it is bound directly, which usually means getting through a good deal of security (locked adamantine boxes, traps, etc.) You would then need to get the elemental to do what you want, through diplomacy (and speaking Auran or Ignan or whatever language the elemental speaks) or magic. The most effective means of this would be something very high-level like Dominate Monster, or a Cleric with the appropriate elemental Domain and a lot of class levels. In the case of your Artificer, I highly recommend a Wand of Charm Monster, the appropriate language, and some fast talking.

I thought there was also a feat that gives a 4+ bonus to charisma checks to control an elemental in Magic of Eberron that does not require one to be a member of house Lyrandar.

gutza1
2014-09-09, 11:46 AM
BTW I don't want the fighter to be broken, all I want is for him to not fall behind the Tier 1 Artificer and Cleric.

Vhaidara
2014-09-09, 12:12 PM
BTW I don't want the fighter to be broken, all I want is for him to not fall behind the Tier 1 Artificer and Cleric.

If they are played to T1 potential, there's nothing he can do. If the cleric is just healing and buffing (the fighter) and the artificer is just making wands to blast with, he'll be fine.

Red Fel
2014-09-09, 12:33 PM
I thought there was also a feat that gives a 4+ bonus to charisma checks to control an elemental in Magic of Eberron that does not require one to be a member of house Lyrandar.

You're thinking of the Elemental Helmsman feat. You are correct; this gives a bonus to opposed Charisma checks to control an elemental vessel, even if you're not of the appropriate House. However, you have to have the means to make the check in the first place (e.g. access to a vehicle with a Wheel of Wind and Water).

Note that there is also a feat, Bind Elemental, which would give you the means to bind an elemental to an airship. You have to cast Planar Binding to pull it off (or be an Artificer), however. You would also (obviously) have to have the airship.

As I recall, prices are given for airships. They are incredibly expensive, but you could simply buy one, use Elemental Helmsman for a bonus on the check, and try your luck that way. Or you could attempt to craft one yourself - which would also be extraordinarily expensive - and hope that Lyrandar doesn't come after you for horning in on their game.

Nerd-o-rama
2014-09-09, 01:04 PM

Ah, so it's a feat! I was looking for that just last night thinking it was a spell or an infusion. That makes sense.

Like I said, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Tiers measure the potential optimization of a character class, and you seem to have a pretty low-op group. It's the same reason that in my own Eberron game I don't care about an Artificer and a Warblade in the same group with a Blaster Warlock and a Shadowdancer - none of them care to put effort into optimizing.

Also, potentially important setting note: House Lyrandar (specifically, its affiliated Windwrights' Guild) has an official monopoly on shipping and transportation using Airships (as well as Stormships, Elemental Galleons, and other elemental-bound air/sea vessels), with a few others owned and operated by national governments, usually with a hired Windwrights' Guild helmsman. The actual binding of Elementals into the airships is proprietary knowledge of the Gnomes of Zilargo, along with any other Bound Elemental-based magic items.

So basically if you steal an airship you'll have Half-Elf Druids, Wizards, and Swashbucklers after you, and if you build an airship it'll be Whisper Gnome Ninjas.

gutza1
2014-09-09, 02:18 PM
Ah, so it's a feat! I was looking for that just last night thinking it was a spell or an infusion. That makes sense.

Like I said, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Tiers measure the potential optimization of a character class, and you seem to have a pretty low-op group. It's the same reason that in my own Eberron game I don't care about an Artificer and a Warblade in the same group with a Blaster Warlock and a Shadowdancer - none of them care to put effort into optimizing.

Also, potentially important setting note: House Lyrandar (specifically, its affiliated Windwrights' Guild) has an official monopoly on shipping and transportation using Airships (as well as Stormships, Elemental Galleons, and other elemental-bound air/sea vessels), with a few others owned and operated by national governments, usually with a hired Windwrights' Guild helmsman. The actual binding of Elementals into the airships is proprietary knowledge of the Gnomes of Zilargo, along with any other Bound Elemental-based magic items.

So basically if you steal an airship you'll have Half-Elf Druids, Wizards, and Swashbucklers after you, and if you build an airship it'll be Whisper Gnome Ninjas.

Well, the (Lawful Good) Artificer wants to found her own corporation because she thinks that there will be far more innovation in the magical arts (and it will be better for the customers) if there is some competition between service providers instead of a monopoly held by mercantile houses. The DM says that eventually he might add space travel (the campaign will go up to level 20), so the Lothyra Inc. idea might be useful.

gutza1
2014-09-11, 06:54 AM
If they are played to T1 potential, there's nothing he can do. If the cleric is just healing and buffing (the fighter) and the artificer is just making wands to blast with, he'll be fine.
The cleric follows the chaos and war domains and often engages in combat (he's a Adamantium Body Warforged, so he uses the Con bonus to its full potential). The rogue wants to multi-class to wizard and take the Arcane Trickster PrC. The Artificer wants to make magic weapons for herself and wield a magic rapier and longbow in combat, as well as crafting lots of other magic items, enhancing the other party members' items with her infusions. The campaign is pretty high-powered, so having effective characters may be necessary. Is it necessary to optimize the fighter so much with this party, or will he keep up with the rest of the group?

lytokk
2014-09-11, 07:04 AM
My gut instinct tells me that eventually, you're going to have problems keeping up with the rest of the group. That is unless the artificer can craft you the gear that you're really going to need. Since the fighter doesn't get class features, mostly everything he can do is determined by his gear. You may have to eventually multiclass out of fighter, or prestige out. Warblade is a prtty decent class to supplement the fighter with maneuvers, and its class levels can stack with fighter levels to determine when you can take feats from the weapon focus line.

Wacky89
2014-09-11, 07:08 AM
A low op build I've always wanted to try, focusing on javelins. You need Gloves of Endless Javelin (MIC) 7000g
For stats I would buy
Stats: Bought:
Strength 18
Dexterity 12
Constitution 14
Intelligence 10
Wisdom 8
Charisma 8

1 Feat: (Point Blank Shot)
Human Bonus: Feat: (Precise Shot)
1 Fighter Bonus: Feat (Brutal Throw)
2 Fighter Bonus: Feat (Far Shot/Power Throw)
3 Feat: (Weapon Focus (Javelin))
4 Fighter Bonus: Feat (Weapon Specialization (Javelin))
6 Feat: (Tormtor School)
6 Fighter Bonus: Feat (Martial Study: Leading the Attack)
8 Fighter Bonus: Feat (Ranged Weapon Mastery)
9 Feat: (Azure Toughness)
10 Fighter Bonus: Feat (Martial Stance: Absolute Steel)
12 Feat: (Shape Soulmeld (Bloodwar Gauntlets)
12 Fighter Bonus: Feat (Greater Weapon Specialization (Javelin))
14 Fighter Bonus: Feat (Martial Study (Iron Heart Surge)
15 Feat: (Greater Weapon Focus (Javelin))
16 Fighter Bonus: Feat (Improved Toughness)
18 Feat: (Cerulean Will)
18 Fighter Bonus: Feat (Weapon Supremacy (Javelin))
20 Fighter Bonus: Feat (Martial Study White Raven Tactics)

Nerd-o-rama
2014-09-11, 07:13 AM
The cleric follows the chaos and war domains and often engages in combat (he's a Adamantium Body Warforged, so he uses the Str and Con bonus to its full potential). The rogue wants to multi-class to wizard and take the Arcane Trickster PrC. The Artificer wants to make magic weapons for herself and wield a magic rapier and longbow in combat, as well as crafting lots of other magic items, enhancing the other party members' items with her infusions. The campaign is pretty high-powered, so having effective characters may be necessary. Is it necessary to optimize the fighter so much with this party, or will he keep up with the rest of the group?

That's not really especially high-powered, at least by this board's standards.

The only actual issue I see here is the possibility of the Cleric stealing the melee thunder, which to me says 1) make sure the Cleric and Artificer buff the Fighter and not just themselves and 2) concentrate on feat-heavy builds, like Power Attack/Leap Attack/Shocktrooper or Combat Expertise/Improved Trip/Knockdown. Clerics can be as good or better than Fighters, but it costs them spell slots. The only advantage Fighters have is that except for HP, all their class-based resource investments are permanent and last 24/7.

Vhaidara
2014-09-11, 08:04 AM
The cleric follows the chaos and war domains and often engages in combat (he's a Adamantium Body Warforged, so he uses the Str and Con bonus to its full potential). The rogue wants to multi-class to wizard and take the Arcane Trickster PrC. The Artificer wants to make magic weapons for herself and wield a magic rapier and longbow in combat, as well as crafting lots of other magic items, enhancing the other party members' items with her infusions. The campaign is pretty high-powered, so having effective characters may be necessary. Is it necessary to optimize the fighter so much with this party, or will he keep up with the rest of the group?

Wait, what Str bonus? WF have +2 Con, -2 Cha, -2 Wis.

gutza1
2014-09-11, 09:44 AM
Wait, what Str bonus? WF have +2 Con, -2 Cha, -2 Wis.
Sorry, I made a mistake. I'm fixing that now. Actually, I'm the Artificer(a guy playing an attractive female. That's something you don't see everyday.)

lytokk
2014-09-11, 10:22 AM
In that case, Make sure the fighter is buffed first, if the player really wants to stick to fighting. theoretically the cleric can take care of himself, but will likely need you for repairing damage. I'm not very familiar with artificers at all so I can't really give you advice on what infusions to get to the fighter, but I know eventually he'll need some form of displacement and flight. So long as you and the cleric don't try to outshadow him he could keep up well.

ace rooster
2014-09-11, 02:13 PM
I would probably put in brutal and power throw. It will mean you can focus on strength and still have a decent ranged attack (which works with alchemists fire too). Given that you will face foes that melee will not really work against this is important. It stops you being as much of a one trick pony.