PDA

View Full Version : OOC: What's with all the car(t) bombs?

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-10, 09:46 AM
Seriously, folks, you'd think there was an insurgency going on around here with all the random bombs going off everywhere. I mean, a little conflict is a good thing, but last time I checked this wasn't supposed to be a war zone. :smallconfused:

Penguinizer
2007-03-10, 09:53 AM
Heh, I think there only have been 3...

Might be influence from the whole Iraq thing.

Lord Magtok
2007-03-10, 09:53 AM
I reccomend lodging a complaint against the source(s) of the car(t) bombs with a PM.

Might be influence from the whole Iraq thing.

Lets try to stay un-political.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-10, 09:57 AM
There's definitely more than one; the goblin rally has gotten bombed at least once a day every day since getting started. The police station got bombed this morning. And I find it odd that I'd just happen to have read every thread where a bomb went off, given that I only play in a few at a time.

Castaras
2007-03-10, 09:58 AM
I think the bombs at the police station were trying to free my character in there, though I'm not sure.

Baeleck
2007-03-10, 09:59 AM
May I just point out I had nothing to do with that uranium golem that blew up in Trogs...

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-10, 10:00 AM
Trog's too? Okay, yeah. This is getting ridiculous; I didn't even know about that one.

Penguinizer
2007-03-10, 10:01 AM
Im only saying that it might be influence from the media and all. I wasnt even trying to go political though.

Castaras
2007-03-10, 10:02 AM
I didn't realise there were so many bombs...

Maybe if people could find more imaginative ways to do this it would be more fun to watch.

Baeleck
2007-03-10, 10:02 AM
I also think it happened once before under similar circumstances... At least, that's what it sounded like. I can see where you're coming from though, there have been too many explosions around the town. I mean, bar fights shouldn't end up with explosions.

Penguinizer
2007-03-10, 10:04 AM
Unless blackouts character is involved. or my secondary char which I have forgotten about.

I think that there are too many explosions at times.

Pollux
2007-03-10, 10:20 AM
Meh. Mine wasn't a cart bomb, it blew up a cart. :tongue:

Penguinizer
2007-03-10, 10:27 AM
I have yet to cause more than one explosion :P

That one was an introduction thing to get my char into the town.

Baeleck
2007-03-10, 10:29 AM
No explosions caused my myself. In fact, no sort of fire whatsoever from my main character :smallwink:

Penguinizer
2007-03-10, 10:32 AM
Well, My secondary is a warhammer 40k style ork, with enough weapons to arm a special forced squad >.<

So explosions are expected to happen

Rainspattered
2007-03-10, 11:10 AM
Aercath once cast a hellball down the throat of a God, and I've cast a few other AoE spells, but that's about it for explosions. Oh, no, wait, I also dropped a tower on the dwarven army from so many miles above the force simulated an explosion. But that was almost a year ago.
I'm less troubled by the cart bombs than the rapid increase of nuclear weapons in the town; Xerillum has dropped about 14,000 on the goblins, there have been two attempts at Uranium elemental explosion (I rue the day the Giant ever made that terrible, terrible pun), and one attempt at a plutonium elemental explosion.
Can't you guys at least be originally and use something like sodium or potassium? They're combustible too, and without massive explosions (due you have any idea how little uranium is required for a nucelear explosion compared to how big elementals are?) and fallout to deal with.

I do have a hypothesis, though. The Gufis took power in the first guild war. Now they're inactive to the point that they have failed to protect a massive rally on several occasions. Their power has weakened greatly in the months I was on here less often. This leaves something of a power vaccuum in the town. Coincidentally, a new assassin's guild just started up, the Goblins just seized their own nation, the dwarven government just changed hands to a brutal dictator and broke ties with Xerillum's eponymous character, who has a force of his own, and my army of undead just decided to end their policiy of isolationism. That's a lot of conflicting bodies in one area with a power vaccuum at one time. I think that, unlike the attempt a while ago to have another guild war, one is actually starting organically right now. I wasn't around for the original, so I don't know what it was like, but this is how most non-militarized wars begin.
Since I missed it the whole first time around, I'm cool to have a second one, so that mollifies my dismay somewhat, if it's actually the case. If it's just going to be a lot of explosions and buildup that don't go anywhere, though, that's different.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-10, 11:18 AM
Well if there's going to be more guild wars, then I suppose my timing was about as fortuitous as it gets, because Gaheris just brought his own order over from Faerun. :smallamused: Though they'll promptly get pwned if their cover is blown, seeing how they're not all that powerful and oriented towards low-level street warfare on gang scales at most...

Minky Boodle
2007-03-10, 11:25 AM
Man, I just kinda skimmed through the board, and I saw so many bombs going off it made me mad. I mean, I just wanted to go out and blow something up. Grrrr. And I joined this at a good time too. When I first saw the Town, I thought it was all....suburban or something. Now it's picking up in umm intensity.

Rainspattered
2007-03-10, 11:55 AM
Alliances, Renegade, Alliances.

Minky Boodle
2007-03-10, 12:02 PM
I'm personally hoping for some whacked out illogical alliances...like if Gaheris and his people joined up with the Stiletto guild. Fun stuff.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-10, 12:05 PM
No, because I don't feel like all the senior leadership falling from grace, thanks. :smalltongue:

Minky Boodle
2007-03-10, 12:10 PM
Ahhh poo...spoil the fun for the spectators

Dartonus
2007-03-10, 12:14 PM
Hi. The cart bombs are just made by Panda Bandit to get some attention And/or make a statement such as "I hate goblins" He's just lonely. note that The Panda Bandit was everywhere a cart bomb was set off. The gunpowder used was stolen, by the way.

Minky Boodle
2007-03-10, 12:16 PM
if the panda bandits lonely, he should just ask for a hug

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-10, 12:16 PM
No, he wasn't everywhere a cart bomb was set off. Look back in the Rally thread. Xerillum used plasma bombs strapped to the bottom of wagons just yesterday.

Rainspattered
2007-03-10, 12:22 PM
Yeah, but, see, when one "just makes statments" with bombs, one should generally be prepared for the replies to escalate.

Dartonus
2007-03-10, 12:23 PM
Oh. well mine are because of panda bandit. Maybe it's cause the police aren't very protective of large public demonstrations. And at trog's it wasn't a cart bomb, it was a uranium-238 elemental's death throes. The Panda Bandit is a member of a secretive get-rid-of-goblins group, by the way. Recruiting now!

Rainspattered
2007-03-10, 12:28 PM
You're looking at this a little too literally, man. The idea is the sheer number of bombings of any sort that have occured.
I'd just like to go down on the record as saying I find the anti-goblin racism in the Town totally ridiculous.

Minky Boodle
2007-03-10, 12:30 PM
yeah the racism is getting out of hand

Pollux
2007-03-10, 12:46 PM
Not really. I've made an offer that should level the field a little bit...:smalltongue:

Dartonus
2007-03-10, 12:50 PM
The Panda Bandit just doesn't like goblins. they are too green and un-fuzzy for him.

Rainspattered
2007-03-10, 01:01 PM
The Goblins have an entire castle full of extremely powerful undead on their side. It's just ridiculous, not dangerous to the goblins.

Flabbicus
2007-03-10, 01:30 PM
I don't really understand people's needs to use high-powered explosions that don't really fit in with the era (Yes its freeform, but if there are enough anachronisms then it starts getting irritating). You can just as easily make an explosion using saltpeter, charcoal, and sulphur as saying a plasma explosion occurs under a wooden cart. I mean, how can anyone justify that in any reasonable way?

"Oh, I just found this gatling gun over by that there uh rock formation." or "It was a gift from my god for being so dutiful." The only semiplausible explanation is that they got it from the Omnishop, which none of the characters did.

End Rant.

Dartonus
2007-03-10, 01:37 PM
Actually, the Panda Bandit used stolen gunpowder, and given that el jaspero has a flintlock pistol... you see where I'm going.

Penguinizer
2007-03-10, 01:37 PM
my secondary character has a good reason for having high tech stuff. As hes from the future/another dimension.

Flabbicus
2007-03-10, 01:40 PM
I understand the reasoning behind futuristic characters having weaponry, but normal citizens/guild members getting high yield futuristic explosives from nowhere makes little to no sense to me. Dartonus, did you follow the rules for theft outlined in a really old thread? We should probably repost them, I seem to have forgotten the exact wording of how thefts and assassinations are carried out.

Minky Boodle
2007-03-10, 01:41 PM
I'm not so sure why tech level even matters...im sure i saw something about a warmech chasing a car down the streets a few days back...and i thought it was great...it adds to the craziness of the town

Dartonus
2007-03-10, 01:42 PM
He stole them before he came to The Town.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-10, 01:43 PM
There was a warmech. And it should have tripped. I totally tripped it. :smalltongue:

Flabbicus
2007-03-10, 01:44 PM
I know it doesn't matter what weapon they have regardless of the time period. It just irks me, incessantly.

Minky Boodle
2007-03-10, 01:44 PM
You tripped a warmech....sweet. Was it all like ewok style?

Exachix
2007-03-10, 01:53 PM
Concerning the lastest bombing at the rally, how far away is the rally?

Renrik
2007-03-10, 02:03 PM
Seriously, the GSA invented cart bombs, but I can only remember ever using one of them once, and that being on a military target, and we didn;t even detonate it. The cart-bombing on civilian populations is ridiculous and barbaric. The GSA shall hunt down those that threaten the people.

Minky Boodle
2007-03-10, 02:05 PM
Easy Renric...OOC threads are no place for goblin propaganda...tsk tsk

Renrik
2007-03-10, 02:15 PM
Sorry. I get into character a bit.

Nonetheless, the GSA will be taking actions against the attackers.

Minky Boodle
2007-03-10, 02:17 PM
Ha. Good times. I hope you get them. It was horrible and uncalled for.

J_Muller
2007-03-10, 02:20 PM
I've only caused one explosion so far... and I had a good reason for that. Chase was trying to kill a god that was after him. Also, Chase has tech like gatling guns and high explosives because he's from Earth in the year 2012.

But I have noticed that a lot of bombs are going off. I blame the Stiletto Guild and their supply of plasma bombs.

Dartonus
2007-03-10, 05:05 PM
Don't worry. the goblins will get a free tank from my weapons supplier for involuntarily volunteering to be test subjects for prototype weapons. A DWARFBANE tank, too! you can run 'em over. It also uses an ingenious mix of magic items- No future tech whatsoever.

Rainspattered
2007-03-10, 05:28 PM
If you killed a bunch of undead and offered us a tank, K'shakh would forcefeed you a hellball.

Seriously, though, are events going to escalate into another guild war? I want to know if I should bring in a few new characters for it. Should we plan on making the random violence into a bigger plot, or no?

J_Muller
2007-03-10, 05:46 PM
If there's going to be any sort of guild war, remember that Chase is a master assassin and will take on any well-paying job that presents a nice challenge, no matter the employer.

Dartonus
2007-03-10, 06:54 PM
Nah, just Isolated weapons tests for me, but if the GSA attacks, they will see my full arsenal... Meheheheheh!

Renrik
2007-03-10, 07:39 PM
Another Guild War? What would that make, the Third Guild War? The First was the biggest, of course. That was back when the Troupe,the Legion, the Gufis,the House of Narf and the Non-existant Mafia were fighting. Second one had the GSA, the Dwarves, the Undead, the Non-existant Mafia, the splinter Mafia, and the Gufis. What'll this one be? The GSA, Gufis, Stiletto Guild, Undead, and a buch of others at least.

Still, none of the guild wars have been or are likely to be as big as the first one. The guilds just scrounge for scraps off of the government's table now. The Gufis are in power, and are here to stay, by the look of things.

Dartonus
2007-03-10, 07:41 PM
Actually, I have a weapon that might fix that... And it uses entirely DMG-Approved magic items too!

Renrik
2007-03-10, 07:44 PM
You see, for another really big guild war, we've got to use guilds made entirely of PCs. That's what the first guild war was like. No giant armies clashing against eachother. Just lots of intrigue and epic battles between groups of PCs in the streets of the Town.

Also, Sneak running for dictator.

Dartonus
2007-03-10, 07:47 PM
I'm trying to get a good army for that, but PirateMonk won't make a town character. I want AMEN to expand into The Town

Rainspattered
2007-03-10, 08:54 PM
From the sound of it, there aren't as many active players as there used to be; very few guilds exis twith more than one human member that are still active.
The Gufis really aren't as active and have been in power for a long time. I think a new guild war could overthrow the IC order. It wouldn't be as big, sure, but all the parties, Gufis included, would be smaller.

wxdruid
2007-03-10, 09:11 PM
Oh yes, can't forget when Sneak ran for dictator. hehe

and there are no more Gufis, there is the Town Police. :-)

Rainspattered
2007-03-10, 09:18 PM
Aren't they still called the Gufi police? They were back when I was on around the time of Guild War II. Either way, I still say we shake up the powers that be this time around, if anything does happen.

J_Muller
2007-03-10, 09:19 PM
My take on the current situation and the possibility of a Guild War:

The Town Police's power is waning. At the same time, the goblins are on the rise, and underworld groups are springing up left and right. If there is a new Guild War, the Town Police are going to play a rather minor role--it's going to be the underworld that does the real fighting. A major upset of the IC order is entirely possible. If there is one, what I think would be a good idea is if we spread the world and used it to get more people to come to The Town. Put info in our sigs, maybe make a thread in FB, that kind of thing. Attract attention to the war and make it clear that the opportunity for power is there for everyone.

Of course, any Guild War is good news for me, because when the underworld is in chaos, it's the assassins that prosper.:smallamused:

catlover
2007-03-10, 09:32 PM
The name was changed by Verdandi to the Town Police.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-10, 09:36 PM
I still don't know what GUFI is supposed to mean.

Anyway, intrigue I can do, only one PC or not. I don't do the gigantic army thing.

Renrik
2007-03-10, 09:39 PM
Gufi means Gufipolice. Though now that they've changed their name, it's kind of an outdated term. It usually is used as a derogatory.

wxdruid
2007-03-10, 09:39 PM
Our motto:
TO PROTECT AND SERVE THE GOOD CITIZENS OF TOWN.
GAURDS UNITED FOR IMMEDIATE PROTECTION OF LAW INVESTIGATING CRIMES EVERYWHERE.

Here is the original meaning and Renrik is right, Gufi is often meant as derogatory so Verdandi changed it.

Renrik
2007-03-10, 09:42 PM
Of course, any Guild War is good news for me, because when the underworld is in chaos, it's the assassins that prosper.:smallamused:

You should have seen the buisiness me and the Troupe had in the First Guild War. We were killing somebody at least once a day. By the end, I was having trouble thinking of new and inventive ways to kill people.

Flabbicus
2007-03-10, 10:12 PM
Our motto:
TO PROTECT AND SERVE THE GOOD CITIZENS OF TOWN.
GAURDS UNITED FOR IMMEDIATE PROTECTION OF LAW INVESTIGATING CRIMES EVERYWHERE.

Here is the original meaning and Renrik is right, Gufi is often meant as derogatory so Verdandi changed it.

I think the name or acronym went through several changes before that was settled upon. It was originally in support of The Legion of Fran made by Emperor Valda but they split off a bit before I joined.

Renrik
2007-03-10, 10:34 PM
Originally it was Guards United for the Immededite Protection of Legionaires Investigating Crime Everywhere

Basically it was a gestapo set up by the Emporer of Fran, who had also set up a massive flying fortress above the Town and had basically declared it his domain. In the middle of the First Guild War. Suffice to say, people were not pleased. Those people included myself, leader of the Masked Troupe, and Sneak, who was definately not the leader of the non-existant Mafia which certainly doesn't exist.

Originally, we called them Gufis and mocked them for being corrupt pawns of the emporer. It was a big accusation, because there was no government or real court system in town, so they were basically just vigilantes/thugs hired by the Emporer. The first cheif was Supagoof. Although Supagoof wasn;t corrupt, a lot of the people in the force he commanded were, and even when Supagoof, for the sake of making the Gufis a credible police force, broke off the group's ties to the Legion, it was obvious that it was still a corrupt institution that gave major preferential treatment to a handful of citizens and openly hated others. This continued for quite some time, until the most corrupt of the cops eventually broke off, tiring of Supagoof's policies, such as allowing criminals to reform, taking the citizen's basic rights as sentient beings into consideration when they arrested them, requiring Gufipolice members to actually follow the law, actually giving people a fair trial as opposed to a Gufi tribunal and execution, and a number of other horrible things.

So the corrupt cops went off and started their own vigilante group where they didn't have to take the pesky law into consideration.

About this time, with the corruption gone, the Gufipolice finally became a respectable instituton to the vast majority of the town, including myself. That's when I decided to make a Gufipolice character, and signed on as the goblin Narfang, under then-captain Supagoof. Supagoof was the best captain I ever knew, trulydevoted to his work. It was a sad day when he retired.

But we got Iames, another officer, as our police cheif.

Of course, he eventually retired, and we got Verdandi, who, to make the Gufis more effective, created the distinction between Warden Officers and Patrol Officers. Verdandi was the cheif of wardens, and Hitomi was the cheif of Patrols. Of course, after Verdandi, Iames, and Hitomi all got married (to eachother. Never quite understod how that worked, really.), Iames and Hitomi went mysteriously missing, and I have no idea how it happened. So Verdandi went into some kind of a rage, and now she's unable to lead the force while she's on leave doing whatever it is that she's doing, so Al the Mutt is our Patrol Captain and our Warden Captain is on a vengeful killing spree or something, so the Warden Officers have no captain, and the highest-ranking warden officer is a young goblin with no leadership ability.

And that's the history of the Gufis.

Lord Magtok
2007-03-10, 11:03 PM
And my Town cop was busy with a plot for the last week or so. But he's back now, and he sure isn't going to take this fall of the Town Police sitting down.

Xerillum
2007-03-10, 11:13 PM
There have only been two, and have been targeted at the goblins by the Stiletto Guild. All else is a mystery. I'm not about to divulge any more at the moment. And no, I wasn't influenced by Iraq. And in the Second Guild War, the gobbo-dwarf war was the big thing, along with the non-existant viglante mafia not fighting the mafia that certainly doesn't exist.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-10, 11:18 PM
There have certainly been many more than two. You're not the only one doing it.

Xerillum
2007-03-11, 12:22 AM
Ah. I was unaware of that.

Perducci
2007-03-11, 04:26 AM
Wow, all this talk of guild wars and stuff is making me think. Isn't this going to get really choatic once people start running around killing everyone. I know I'm going to have a hard enough time just keeping up with current events. And I've got the Perduccis to worry about. Can't have them getting bumped off because I don't know what's going on. Oh well, at least things are going to get all interesting right now.

Castaras
2007-03-11, 04:31 AM
Well I have a few characters who might find this interesting...

Although one of my characters is stuck in the police cells at the moment. When he comes out he might give his services for the revenge against people.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-11, 04:38 AM
The Perduccis are unlikely to die unless you wish them to. That's the way Town works, and it often leads to obnoxious situations with people refusing to let anything bad happen to their characters no matter what other people are doing, but it's the way things are.

Penguinizer
2007-03-11, 04:50 AM
I think my character has been mortally wounded, umm.... 2 or 3 times. And morphed permanently twice...

Castaras
2007-03-11, 04:56 AM
Deaths are fun for some of my characters. Especially when they come back.

Timberwolf
2007-03-11, 06:52 AM
You tripped a warmech....sweet. Was it all like ewok style?

No he didn't, largely because the mech was 40 feet tall, weighed in at 65 tons and, in the universe I borrowed it from, can kill large tanks by stepping on them. It was not going to stop for or even notice a rubbish bin which is what he used.

Dartonus
2007-03-11, 07:03 AM
The siege on my fortress has begun. too bad for the goblins. It is impossible to fly in unless you have my arcane mark, and the canyons are natural walls riddled with prismatic traps and the occasional golem or mummy sorcerer. If you do climb it, you will have to avoid the missle turrets, which fire DMG-legal missles and are placed so you have at least 3 firing at you at all times unless you are in the canyons. there is also the matter that I have plenty of Innovative, DMG-legal things, including an airwing that works perfectly well! This is going to be a long siege, especially because none of my guys need to eat.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-11, 07:10 AM
No he didn't, largely because the mech was 40 feet tall, weighed in at 65 tons and, in the universe I borrowed it from, can kill large tanks by stepping on them. It was not going to stop for or even notice a rubbish bin which is what he used.
40 feet tall? Even better! The taller it is, the less stable it will be. It is not my fault if you choose a retarded design for your war machines. A tank on the same tech level is an undisputably superior land weapon; I don't care whether the writers for any given universe are hacks or not.

Timberwolf
2007-03-11, 07:14 AM
40 feet tall? Even better! The taller it is, the less stable it will be. It is not my fault if you choose a retarded design for your war machines. A tank on the same tech level is an undisputably superior land weapon; I don't care whether the writers for any given universe are hacks or not.

Well, fella, I'll have my war machines from 3057 because I like them, you have your group of paladins because you like them, we'll both think the other is an idiot and then I'm sure we'll get along just fine. Just don't get involved in a car chase / plot that doesn't concern you again please.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-11, 07:16 AM
It's not godmodding; it's an accurate description of what would happen if such a contraption tried to run through a narrow street.

Furthermore, last I checked this was a fantasy medieval town. The sheer number of technological anachronisms are getting irritating. I'm still wondering how you planned on having a car chase through streets that, y'know, aren't anywhere near wide enough to have one in.

Timberwolf
2007-03-11, 07:26 AM
I edited because I felt I might be being a little unfair here. Anyway, look, we have a load of Tau running around here among other things wheras I've been keeping my mechs discreetly in a garage. That has been the first outing for my mechs, well, ever. I see nothing wrong with that. Most of the time, my girls stick to using stuff that's in keeping with the theme round here. Anyway, you stay out of my town life with your load of uptight paladins, I'll stay out of your town life with my anachronisms (from my girls own timeline btw). I think that'll keep us both happy. Just, please don't involve yourself in my plotline because you don't like what I'm using. That spoils my fun having to deal with it and if we're not having fun, what's the point ?

Oh yeah, before I forget, the car chase ? no one has said anything to me about the width of the streets. And Kyrian, who lets face it, has been round here a while, seemed to think it'd work just fine.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-11, 07:30 AM
Uptight paladins? That's a laugh; there's only three paladins in the whole group and not one of them have the proverbial stick. :smalltongue: As for involving myself, I will involve myself where I please if my characters are in an area when something happens there.

I'll save the rant about metallurgy, difficulty of maintenance, instability, gigantic target cross-section, and less powerful weapons vis a vis mechs compared to tanks for some other time. Suffice to say that if a combat vehicle is taller than it is long and depends on knees for mobility, I would bet on an infantryman with a rocket propelled grenade over said vehicle.

Timberwolf
2007-03-11, 07:38 AM
Uptight paladins? That's a laugh; there's only three paladins in the whole group and not one of them have the proverbial stick. :smalltongue: As for involving myself, I will involve myself where I please if my characters are in an area when something happens there.

I'll save the rant about metallurgy, difficulty of maintenance, instability, and less powerful weapons vis a vis mechs compared to tanks for some other time. Suffice to say that if a combat vehicle is taller than it is long and depends on knees for mobility, I would bet on an infantryman with a rocket propelled grenade over said vehicle.

Mister, if you can stereotype about my stuff then surely I can apply a little to yours. Mechs are from science fiction, meaning made up, meaning, presumably someone found a way round all your so helpfully pointed out weaknesses. Anyway, I think we're both on our high horses here and could do with getting off them. I can tell that you're a purist and that's perfectly ok. I am not a purist. I like to have fun and, I'm afraid, horses and carts and courtly manners just don't do it for me.

Now, I'm sure you're not going to object then, using your logic if I start driving a mech through whatever your paladins are up to just because I happen to be, IC, there. I'm not going to by the way, I'm just pointing out that your actions were unwelcome and not exactly helpful at all.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-11, 07:47 AM
It's not stereotyping so much as knowing elementary basics of physics and engineering, but whatever. This isn't the topic for this conversation anyway.

Timberwolf
2007-03-11, 07:49 AM
Damn right. So *looks round* is there another guild war kicking off then ?

J_Muller
2007-03-11, 12:04 PM
Looks like close to one.

Rainspattered
2007-03-11, 12:38 PM
Mechs are from science fiction, meaning made up, meaning
Robert A. Heinlein and Isaac Asimov are glad they are dead right now.
That aside, do whatever you like. Just know you're displeasing the ghostly forefathers of Hard Science Fiction, whatever it means to you. I'd never do it, for fear of Isaac's sideburns and witty comebacks, but I don't know if either of those carries on beyond the grave.

As for a guild war, I believe Dartonus did actually make some form of a war declaration in another thread. It'll either be limited to a mass assault on his fortress or snowball into a full-on war.

Dartonus
2007-03-11, 12:49 PM
Meh. My fortress is nearly inpenetrable and protected by a deity. Bring on the siege if you wish, but I have better things to do. I will leave the rally in piece now.

Rainspattered
2007-03-11, 12:59 PM
Where is everybody getting all these deities from?
What alignment is the deity, by the way?

J_Muller
2007-03-11, 12:59 PM
As for a guild war, I believe Dartonus did actually make some form of a war declaration in another thread. It'll either be limited to a mass assault on his fortress or snowball into a full-on war.

Right now it's just him and the goblins, though the Stiletto Guild might involve more people in it.

Regardless, I'm already doing good business.

Dartonus
2007-03-11, 01:06 PM
The deity? NE. I made him recently, still haven't added him to my Character list Because he hasn't made an appearance yet.

Rainspattered
2007-03-11, 01:33 PM
Evil deity. Good God Fist. Conflict.

J_Muller
2007-03-11, 01:35 PM
Evil Deity.
God Fist.
Conflict.
?????
Profit!
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Xaspian
2007-03-11, 03:16 PM
Meh. As as often been pointed out, Deities are overrated. Fun for a while, but being omnipotent gets boring pretty quickly. Not that any deities are omnipotent, really. Ah, well.

J_Muller
2007-03-11, 04:58 PM
Meh. As as often been pointed out, Deities are overrated. Fun for a while, but being omnipotent gets boring pretty quickly. Not that any deities are omnipotent, really. Ah, well.

Well, yeah, since this is freeform, deities aren't all they're cracked up to be. My character (Chase) is human and fought a deity.

AmberVael
2007-03-11, 05:18 PM
To be fair, the only reason they aren't all they are cracked up to be is because you and avoid things that they do that should kill you.
Just because you CAN avoid something doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-11, 06:30 PM
One thing I've noticed is that none of the deities that anyone actually plays, however powerful their players may claim them to be, display anything resembling godly presence and power, to say nothing of typical deific behavior. I've been mildly tempted before to have an event where Tyr or some other greater deity shows up, awestriking presence and all, and lays on some righteous smackdown just to make the point, but all in all it just wouldn't be that fun to do.

J_Muller
2007-03-11, 06:39 PM
To be fair, the only reason they aren't all they are cracked up to be is because you and avoid things that they do that should kill you.
Just because you CAN avoid something doesn't mean you SHOULD.

To be truthful, I'm not exactly too enthused with the fact that some people (not anyone in particular, just in general) play gods. Because, even when they're not godmodding, they kind of are. Just because your character can, within your established powers for them, throw cosmic energy around like so much candy, doesn't mean that you should be able to do it.

Rainspattered
2007-03-11, 08:30 PM
Rainspattered was made a god fist, instead of just a monk, for the exact purpose of being able to ignore deific godmodding without being totally ridiculous. I'd seen so many deific-dickwars that I just decided to make a character who could ignore them. Since I was already making a monk, and that's a title among some orders of fantasy monks (maybe real monks, but I've never heard it in my dealings with the Shaolin), it fit pretty well.

J_Muller
2007-03-11, 08:51 PM
Rainspattered was made a god fist, instead of just a monk, for the exact purpose of being able to ignore deific godmodding without being totally ridiculous. I'd seen so many deific-dickwars that I just decided to make a character who could ignore them. Since I was already making a monk, and that's a title among some orders of fantasy monks (maybe real monks, but I've never heard it in my dealings with the Shaolin), it fit pretty well.

Yeah, it does get really annoying when you try to actually affect someone's character, but because it's a deity they can quite literally deus ex machina their way out of anything you try to do.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-11, 08:53 PM
Huh, this is rather off topic isn't it? But yes, bombs do seem to be on the rise...which is starting to make me think that pyros are on the rise.:smallbiggrin:

J_Muller
2007-03-11, 09:08 PM
Well, yeah, we are drifting off a bit. More on-topic, there have been a lot of explosions recently. Personally, Chase caused a few booms down at the Embassy today :smallamused:.