PDA

View Full Version : Signature Issues

Aquatosic
2014-09-09, 10:25 AM
I put the larger, more-detailing version of the custom avatar Linklele made for me in the signature under a spoiler, but it is so big and un-centered that it cannot be fully seen. This did not happen in the original post. What is the problem and how can it be fixed?

Rawhide
2014-09-09, 10:47 AM
I put the larger, more-detailing version of the custom avatar Linklele made for me in the signature under a spoiler, but it is so big and un-centered that it cannot be fully seen. This did not happen in the original post. What is the problem and how can it be fixed?

First, you cannot have an image that large in your signature, not even in a spoiler. Reduce it to a maximum of 300 pixels high by 470 pixels wide, as noted in the forum rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1). Doing this will also solve your other issues.

Aquatosic
2014-09-09, 04:02 PM
First, you cannot have an image that large in your signature, not even in a spoiler. Reduce it to a maximum of 300 pixels high by 470 pixels wide, as noted in the forum rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1). Doing this will also solve your other issues.

OK, good to know, sorry about not remembering that part of the rules.

But, since you have to have a url for the image to upload it, I'm not sure how to upload the reduced image. How do I do that?

Aquatosic
2014-09-09, 04:09 PM
I'll take the spoiler out of the signature until this can be fixed

madtinker
2014-09-13, 05:21 PM
I upload my avatars, etc, to photobucket. You can use probably any image hosting website. Point is, the only way I know is to upload to an image-hosting website or host it on your own website. Photobucket is free and fairly easy to use.

drack
2014-09-15, 06:49 PM
Indeed. Right click, save as image, open in MS paint or some other application, decrease the image size, upload it on an image hosting site, then include it in your sig. :smallbiggrin: Tell us if you encounter any unforeseen problems.