PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Optimizing My Warforged warhulk.

Drackstin
2014-09-09, 11:13 AM
i have been looking threw all my sources and i have only found 2 ways to make this work, ether add Half-Goristro and Half-Dragon to warforged so i can qualify for Warhulk and Rapidstrike. the second option is using permanency on the spells expansion and aberrate. the second option is alot less LA intensive but can be dispelled, then i would lose the abilities of all my feats or classes that need them.

other then qualifying for warhulk and rapidstrike, i will be be taking a template called OBAH-blessed, for a LA+3 i get 2 extra sets of arms, +4STR, +6DEX, +4CON, +6CHA. i would also like to be able to cast Battle arms, girallon's blessing, and maybe fuse arms if needed. i could also take Aberrant limbs for another set of arms for +2LA but it doesn't sound worth it.

i would also like to take something to add reach, maybe willing deformity of some kind.

i have never used incarnum classes so maybe something would help here.

Also Juggernaut would be nice to have.

Can anyone help me out, i would like to play this in a new game my friend is running, he said all non homebrew is in, so dragon and dungeon maz, 3.0 and 3.5 books, and wizards web page.

torrasque666
2014-09-09, 11:58 AM
If your DM will allow it, see if you can gain access to the Clone Mask. It grants Powerful Build for an hour a day, which is all you need for War Hulk. Alternatively, take a level of Psychic Warrior for expansion, it doesn't need to be permanent.

Drackstin
2014-09-09, 12:32 PM
If your DM will allow it, see if you can gain access to the Clone Mask. It grants Powerful Build for an hour a day, which is all you need for War Hulk. Alternatively, take a level of Psychic Warrior for expansion, it doesn't need to be permanent.

i though the ability had to be permanent to take a class or feat, or the features of the class or feat would no longer work. i know i would have have the class and feat but until i expand and get aberrate cast on me again i would be a lot weaker.

torrasque666
2014-09-09, 12:35 PM
Nope. Just gotta have it at the time of level up. Duration requirements weren't introduced until Pathfinder. Seeing as how War Hulk does not follow the Complete Warrior rules(as its not in Complete Warrior) as soon as you meet them again(by manifesting Expansion) you get all the effects back. So one manifestation of Expansion could easily net you a +22 to strength.

TheCrowing1432
2014-09-09, 12:42 PM
I would check with my DM about that.

I know I would rule that you had to be large all the time to get the benefits from warhulk, not just at the time of level up.

I think this is a case of RAW vs RAI.

Im pretty sure warhulk was written with permenant size increases in mind.

Do you need to be a warforged?

Drackstin
2014-09-09, 12:51 PM
Nope. Just gotta have it at the time of level up. Duration requirements weren't introduced until Pathfinder. Seeing as how War Hulk does not follow the Complete Warrior rules(as its not in Complete Warrior) as soon as you meet them again(by manifesting Expansion) you get all the effects back. So one manifestation of Expansion could easily net you a +22 to strength.

if you go by the DMG it takes about a week to level up (studying and training and whatnot) so i would say it needs to be permanent that whole time.

I would check with my DM about that.

I know I would rule that you had to be large all the time to get the benefits from warhulk, not just at the time of level up.

I think this is a case of RAW vs RAI.

Im pretty sure warhulk was written with permenant size increases in mind.

Do you need to be a warforged?

warforged is there for Juggernaut, and it also makes him quite hard to kill. what race would you have in mind, just want to see, because i want to use warforged because it also has a slam attack and a feat for more attacks, in addition a set of wings that add slams.

torrasque666
2014-09-09, 12:52 PM
Oh, you certainly have to be large in order to get the benefits, however if you lose the requirements, you still keep, I believe, the Hit Die, BAB(0 in this case), and saves. You just lose the abilities until you once again meet the requirements(so once you are large again)

But yes, it was certainly written with naturally Large creatures in mind.

Drackstin
2014-09-09, 12:54 PM
Oh, you certainly have to be large in order to get the benefits, however if you lose the requirements, you still keep, I believe, the Hit Die, BAB(0 in this case), and saves. You just lose the abilities until you once again meet the requirements(so once you are large again)

But yes, it was certainly written with naturally Large creatures in mind.

Also powerful build works here, but i cant find a way to get that ether.

torrasque666
2014-09-09, 12:55 PM
Clone Mask. Its an artifact though, so its availability is entirely at DM discretion.

Drackstin
2014-09-09, 12:56 PM
Clone Mask. Its an artifact though, so its availability is entirely at DM discretion.

as i said in the above statement, it would have to be permanent for the duration of gaining a level, like i said, the DMG stats leveling up is not instantaneous.

defiantdan
2014-09-10, 11:08 AM
Half-minotaur Template solves the problem if you pick up a better starting race.

Half-Ogre Half-Minotaur Arctic Water Orc Dragonborn (+1 LA). +12 Str and +8 Con without the size increase bonuses, +20 Str and +12 Con with it. +20 Str for LA +1.

If you want some more sweet template stacking grab Feral as well. Then top it off with Saint.

OldTrees1
2014-09-10, 11:16 AM
Also powerful build works here, but i cant find a way to get that ether.

Nope Powerful Build is not sufficient.

Powerful Build (Ex)
The physical stature of half-giants lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a half-giant is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the half-giant is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A half-giant is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A half-giant can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.

Notice no mention of prestige class prerequisites.

Special: Must be Large or larger.

Vhaidara
2014-09-10, 11:25 AM
Warforged Fighter 2/Stoneblessed (Goliath) 3/ Mountain Rage Barbarian 1 into War Hulk. War Hulk triggers when you rage.

Drackstin
2014-09-10, 11:26 AM
Half-minotaur Template solves the problem if you pick up a better starting race.

Half-Ogre Half-Minotaur Arctic Water Orc Dragonborn (+1 LA). +12 Str and +8 Con without the size increase bonuses, +20 Str and +12 Con with it. +20 Str for LA +1.

If you want some more sweet template stacking grab Feral as well. Then top it off with Saint.

Warforged is there for the natural slam attacks and for juggernaut, also a butt load of immunities, i might go with the pathfinder warforged thats a humanoid (living construct) at that point, this would be a lot easier.

Nope Powerful Build is not sufficient.

Notice no mention of prestige class prerequisites.

if you look in the races of stone you will see that having powerful build makes a creature count as being large and therefore qualifies for feats and classes that require you to be large, as seen here http://dndtools.eu/feats/races-of-stone--82/fling-ally--1146/ it is not shown in Miniatures Handbook because powerful build is not in that book as a reference.

Warforged Fighter 2/Stoneblessed (Goliath) 3/ Mountain Rage Barbarian 1 into War Hulk. War Hulk triggers when you rage.

although this would work well, i'm looking for something a little more permanent, also i would rather take whirling frenzy

OldTrees1
2014-09-10, 11:28 AM

At this point Expansion is cheaper, longer duration, more times per day, and potentially greater increase.

Vhaidara
2014-09-10, 11:30 AM
Warforged is there for the natural slam attacks and for juggernaut, also a butt load of immunities, i might go with the pathfinder warforged thats a humanoid (living construct) at that point, this would be a lot easier.

What PF warforged is this? Both of the ones I found are Humanoid (Half Construct) and have no immunities, just +2 on saves vs disease and the like. They even need to sleep.

Drackstin
2014-09-10, 11:32 AM
What PF warforged is this? Both of the ones I found are Humanoid (Half Construct) and have no immunities, just +2 on saves vs disease and the like. They even need to sleep.

it might be the AGE version, the wizards one is alot better, but taking juggernaut gives you everything you would need that they don't.

https://sites.google.com/site/eberronpathfinder/conversion-info/races/warforged

here is a link

torrasque666
2014-09-10, 11:36 AM

Doesn't work. At least, not without a casting of Humanoid Essence. It has the requirement of "Creature Type: Giant, humanoid, or monstrous humanoid." Warforged do not qualify due to being Constructs.