PDA

View Full Version : Class Skill bonuses for Perform in Pathfinder

rahimka
2014-09-09, 11:31 AM
Maybe this is a dumb question but here goes.

For Bards in particular, with Perform as a Class Skill, does this apply to ALL Perform skills they put ranks into or just ONE? They often need to have multiple Performance types available (auditory/visual) and it seems like whether they get that +3 to all of them would be a big factor

What about other bonuses to Perform that don't specify a particular subset? Like the +2 racial bonus from being an Azata-blooded Aasimar for example

Craft and Profession are similar in that they are made up of a number of individual skills, would they work the same way in terms of Class Skill bonuses?

I've looked at the text descriptions for each of these Skills, and it explicitly compares them to Knowledge in that they are made up of individual Skills which must be ranked up separately (which suggests the Class Skill bonus might only apply to ONE). But on the other-hand, in regards to Class Skills specifically, Knowledges are always listed separately (or indicated as ALL in the case of Wizards), where as Perform, Craft, and Profession are not. The reliance of the Bard in particular on multiple types of Perform would suggest to me that maybe they should be able to apply their Class Skill bonus and other general Perform bonuses to more than one type. Otherwise Versatile Performance would be far less useful than how I've understood it

stack
2014-09-09, 12:00 PM
They are individual skills and must be taken individually, so the class skill bonus applies to each of them individually as do any bonuses that do not specify an individual subset. It would take too much space to list all the different performs (or profession, craft, etc) on a sheet, especially since a given character is unlikely to have more than one or two of each trained. Who other than a bard ever has more than one (or even one) performance trained?