PDA

View Full Version : Duck or don't duck? Quack!

jabberwocky9
2014-09-09, 01:17 PM
What kind magic build can I make for a "METEOR HAMMER"?

Zaq
2014-09-09, 02:38 PM
I have no idea what you're asking.

Zubrowka74
2014-09-09, 02:41 PM
Meteor Hammer, the kung fu weapon ?

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-09, 04:05 PM
The Meteor Hammer (http://www.dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Meteor_Hammer_(3.5e_Equipment)) is a homebrewed exotic weapon that can be used in a few ways. It can either be used as a reach weapon, but not against adjacent foes; or as a double weapon, but only against adjacent foes. Thus, it's either a reach weapon or a double weapon, but not both during the same turn. It can also be used to trip, and gives you +2 to disarm. It's a monk weapon, too.

I dunno, just take your average spiked chain build and toss the meteor hammer in? Double weapons aren't really the best for TWF, but this one could be useful for that if you really wanted it to be.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2014-09-09, 04:29 PM
Meteor Hammer is from Dragon 319, I think. It's basically a spiked chain that does 1d4 damage with 15' reach. So what you can do with them is anything.

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-09, 04:30 PM
Meteor Hammer is from Dragon 319, I think. It's basically a spiked chain that does 1d4 damage with 15' reach. So what you can do with them is anything.

Hm. Didn't find the Dragon Magazine version when I googled it, sorry. That's... quite a powerful weapon, what with it having 15 ft reach and not being a whip.

Crimson Wolf
2014-09-09, 06:04 PM
Actually Meteor Hammer is a pazio item for Pathfinder that is a legit item (page 32 Ultimate Equipment), though rather ridiculous. Now when you mean magic build FOR that hammer can you elaborate some?

QuickLyRaiNbow
2014-09-09, 08:08 PM
Hm. Didn't find the Dragon Magazine version when I googled it, sorry. That's... quite a powerful weapon, what with it having 15 ft reach and not being a whip.

That's not surprising. It's hidden quite well. On page 73 of Dr319 there's a sidebar of Exotic Weapons. The first entry is the rope dart, which item the meteor hammer is a bludgeoning variation of, listed at the end of the entry. 15' reach, 1d4 damage, can strike adjacent foes, usable for tripping, +2 bonus to disarm, eligible for Monk flurry. The two items - rope dart and meteor hammer - even share an EWP. Both are also eligible for Weapon Finesse and Power Attack, so yeah, it's quite stupid. Those two, along with crescent knives, jovar and minotaur greathammers, often come up in "what's the best weapon" debates.

grarrrg
2014-09-09, 08:22 PM
The first entry is the rope dart, which item the meteor hammer is a bludgeoning variation of, listed at the end of the entry. 15' reach, 1d4 damage, can strike adjacent foes, usable for tripping, +2 bonus to disarm, eligible for Monk flurry.

In case this turns out to be a PF-flavored (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/meteor-hammer) thread here's the stats for that:
Exotic 2-handed
1d8 20/x2, Reach* and Trip
If you succeed at a trip attempt with a meteor hammer, you can drag your opponent 5 feet closer to you rather than knocking her prone.
You may use this weapon in two different ways:
Meteor: In meteor mode you use it as a double weapon.
Fortress: In fortress mode you cannot use it as a double weapon but gain reach and a +1 shield bonus to AC.

So you either get a 1d8/1d8 Double Weapon with Trip, or a 1d8 with Reach, Trip, and +1 AC

Let's hope this is a 3.5 thread, cause the PF version is pretty weak in comparison.

Phelix-Mu
2014-09-10, 01:28 AM
Rarely have I seen a less clear discussion of what seems to be a single thing that has manifested repeatedly in different forms. Most impressive.

Anyway, there are feats from Dragon Magz that allow you to get multiple attacks off any AoO. Maybe combine that with a Robilar's Gambit or Karmic Strike setup for off-turn attacks.