PDA

View Full Version : E6 Gods: The Expanse of Domains

Ruethgar
2014-09-09, 02:32 PM
So I started trying to make E6 gods and I was wondering how many it would take to cover all of the domains? I am assuming they ascended by RAW meaning a Jaunter had to be first to go take the Test of Starstone and the rest followed. Given no rules for deific advancement that means they are all rank 1-5. This means at maximum they can cover 8 domains per god, so how many domains do I have to cover?

Urpriest
2014-09-09, 02:49 PM
So I started trying to make E6 gods and I was wondering how many it would take to cover all of the domains? I am assuming they ascended by RAW meaning a Jaunter had to be first to go take the Test of Starstone and the rest followed. Given no rules for deific advancement that means they are all rank 1-5. This means at maximum they can cover 8 domains per god, so how many domains do I have to cover?

Why a Jaunter? Most of a Jaunter's abilities don't work during the test after all.

OldTrees1
2014-09-09, 02:50 PM
Cleric Domains: http://home.comcast.net/~ftm3/JHtB/domains.html
108 by my count

Ruethgar
2014-09-09, 02:59 PM
Because it is an E6 game there is a severe lack of Plane Shift to be able to reach the plane on which the test is taken. A Martial Monk can qualify at level one, take four levels of Jaunter, plane shift and test. This would be assuming Sigil is connected to all campaign settings thus allowing the possibility of cross setting travel. Technically a Chosen of Mystra could do it as well, but I'ld rather it be by their own power.

Edit: 121 OA included. So 24 gods should cover it easily if they each burned 2 SDA on extra domains(plus one).

Urpriest
2014-09-09, 03:07 PM
Because it is an E6 game there is a severe lack of Plane Shift to be able to reach the plane on which the test is taken. A Martial Monk can qualify at level one, take four levels of Jaunter, plane shift and test. This would be assuming Sigil is connected to all campaign settings thus allowing the possibility of cross setting travel. Technically a Chosen of Mystra could do it as well, but I'ld rather it be by their own power.

Edit: 108 plus the ones in OA. So 23 gods should cover it easily if they each burned 2 SDA on extra domains.

I think cross setting travel requires physically trekking across the Plane of Shadow. Sigil is presumably different in different campaign settings, and may not even be connected to Golarion. Also, Golarion presumably only exists if you're using PF rules.

Lonely Tylenol
2014-09-09, 06:40 PM

Edit: 121 OA included. So 24 gods should cover it easily if they each burned 2 SDA on extra domains(plus one).

A 5th-level Nomad Psion can cast Astral Caravan, and any Psion/Wilder/Psychic Warrior who learns it (presumably even the aforementioned 5th-level Nomad) can cast Astral Traveler on themselves and anyone they can touch, allowing seamless travel of entire parties into the Astral Plane. From the Astral Plane, it is possible to reach any of the Outer Planes, as the Astral Plane connects to all of them, although navigation would be very difficult in an E6 setting where 5th and 6th-level characters are rare, because planar travel is unprecedented.

malonkey1
2014-09-09, 06:53 PM
I think cross setting travel requires physically trekking across the Plane of Shadow. Sigil is presumably different in different campaign settings, and may not even be connected to Golarion. Also, Golarion presumably only exists if you're using PF rules.

Golarion was originally published in 3.5 rules, so it should be fair game in that state if it's system issues that bug you. Additionally, there's the possibility of spelljamming your way there. Since SJ craft don't technically exist in 3.5, if you could just find an Ardent that has buffed ML up to 7th and taken Extra Power(Quintessence) could place you in a sealed, armored craft filled with Quintessence and set you adrift in the Phlogiston. Pretty epic, but not very practical.