PDA

View Full Version : Knockback and Warforged Juggernaut

kardar233
2014-09-09, 06:47 PM
Are there any good ways to qualify for both? I'm working on a Blood-Spiked Charger build and am looking for ways to fit both of those in. The only ways I can think of are with Warforged Charger or some kind of Incarnate Construct cheese (assuming you can still qualify for Juggernaut after that).

Any ideas?

OldTrees1
2014-09-09, 06:52 PM
Psychic Warrior: Expansion => Large Size to qualify for Knockback

kardar233
2014-09-10, 12:28 AM
I'd prefer something that doesn't require an active spell or power, for reasons of elegance and also because often DMs won't let you take the feat if you only qualify for it sometimes.

OldTrees1
2014-09-10, 12:42 AM
Warforged full BAB class 1 / Stoneblessed(Goliath) 3 + Knockback / full BAB class 2 / Warforged Juggernaut

Diovid
2014-09-10, 02:43 AM
Warforged full BAB class 1 / Stoneblessed(Goliath) 3 + Knockback / full BAB class 2 / Warforged Juggernaut

I think you meant: Fighter 2 / Stoneblessed (Goliath) 3 / Barbarian 1 / Warforged Juggernaut with the Fighter's Dungeon Crasher variant, the Goliath Barbarian substitution level and the Extra Rage feat.

Necroticplague
2014-09-10, 08:08 AM
Or, you can come at this from the opposite direction, being a Goliath who goes Renegade Mastermaker in order to qualify for Warforged Juggernaut.

Diovid
2014-09-10, 08:38 AM
Or, you can come at this from the opposite direction, being a Goliath who goes Renegade Mastermaker in order to qualify for Warforged Juggernaut.
Except that is taking the very long way around since Goliath is a LA +1 race and Renegade Mastermaker is 10 levels long (and not very good for martial characters).

Ferronach
2014-09-10, 11:11 AM
Just have a large warforged. They are a construct and as such can be made to any size. Run it by your DM if she/he wants you to take a LA+1 or a flaw etc. in exchange for being large.

I ran a large WF Frenzied beserker a long time ago and the DM let me off with the size because it does not really do all that much. The pros tend to be balanced out by the cons. The only major advantage is that you can wield weapons of one size greater. Fortunately/unfortunately large weapons are not all that common (depending on setting and what you are fighting) so you can argue that being able to wield bigger weapons isn't all that (until you take monkey grip or some such silliness and wield a huge weapon....)

juicycaboose
2014-09-10, 11:24 AM
The only major advantage is that you can wield weapons of one size greater.

That's absolutely not true, the increased reach is a much more major advantage than being able to wield large weapons.

Drackstin
2014-09-10, 11:39 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?370847-PEACH-Warforged-Charger%28monster%29-brakedown-and-Template-Step-by-step

this is a thread i made showing how to brake down a charger to make a standard template for a large warforged. check it out and ask your DM

torrasque666
2014-09-10, 11:41 AM
I think you meant: Fighter 2 / Stoneblessed (Goliath) 3 / Barbarian 1 / Warforged Juggernaut with the Fighter's Dungeon Crasher variant, the Goliath Barbarian substitution level and the Extra Rage feat.

Why do people keep forgetting that despite looking Humanoid, Warforged do not (without a casting Humanoid Essence)qualify for things that required Humanoid?

Ferronach
2014-09-10, 11:44 AM
That's absolutely not true, the increased reach is a much more major advantage than being able to wield large weapons.

Physical reach yes but weapon reach no... Unless I am mistaken, nowhere in RAW does it state that larger weapons have greater reach (wierd I know, I looked it up because I thought it made sense that larger weapons are, well, larger...).

Vhaidara
2014-09-10, 11:45 AM
That was actually me forgetting the Stoneblessed racial requirement. My group largely ignores racial prereqs (things like WF jug are obvious exceptions)

Drackstin
2014-09-10, 11:48 AM
Why do people keep forgetting that despite looking Humanoid, Warforged do not (without a casting Humanoid Essence)qualify for things that required Humanoid?

this is one of the things that got me also, but like you said, they look humanoid, that being said, a warforged should be able to be built to look like anything, so building a Half-ogre warforged should not be out of the questions, but i would say that it wouldn't gain anything other then the physical properties. so it would still be a construct.

Vhaidara
2014-09-10, 11:52 AM
Well, if you can get your GM to approve them I have some Warforged templates (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?366427-Warforged-Template-(and-variants)) homebrewed. They're all LA +1, but you keep size, movement, and natural weapons.

Drackstin
2014-09-10, 11:57 AM
Well, if you can get your GM to approve them I have some Warforged templates (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?366427-Warforged-Template-(and-variants)) homebrewed. They're all LA +1, but you keep size, movement, and natural weapons.

like i said in my above post, i have a thread that shows what a warforged charger gets before it takes any levels so its a template that should be acceptable by any DM. it gives you large size and a few other things for +2 LA, easy for buyoff.

Diovid
2014-09-10, 12:03 PM
The problem, for me anyway, does not lie with the warforged but with stoneblessed. I forgot it's humanoid requirement multiple times now.

Fax Celestis
2014-09-10, 12:11 PM
Does the Reforged PrC actually change your type? I forget.

Drackstin
2014-09-10, 12:18 PM
Does the Reforged PrC actually change your type? I forget.

no, your still a construct (living construct) you just get more immunities.

Necroticplague
2014-09-10, 12:19 PM
Warforged technically qualify for Human heritage (since they were built by humans, they are thus human descendants), which would make them Humanoids (Human, Living Construct, Augmented Construct).

Drackstin
2014-09-10, 12:27 PM
Warforged technically qualify for Human heritage (since they were built by humans, they are thus human descendants), which would make them Humanoids (Human, Living Construct, Augmented Construct).

the way the feat is worded, this is false, and also you would be a humanoid (human, living construct) but a descendent of human would be tiefling, warforged are created, and have no descendents.

Ferronach
2014-09-10, 04:09 PM
Hence warforged being immune to things like "Hold Person" :)