PDA

View Full Version : Bling Bling the Warforged Bard 3.PF

Sheogoroth
2014-09-09, 11:59 PM
I have a terrible idea, that I love, for a Warforged Bard that has his body completely replaced with gold.
I'm planning on using the Celebrity Bard (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo---bard-archetypes/celebrity) Archetype, then maybe prestige into Noble Scion (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/n-r/noble-scion#TOC-Greater-Leadership-Ex-).
He's also a rapper.

The way he would win fights is by using the alternate Leadership rules that let you have a massive horde of low-level followers instead of a cohort and using volley rules from Heroes of Battle, utterly destroy foes.

My question is, how much would a gold body cost, and what kind of AC bonus would it give?
Are there any feats or prestige classes that feed into the overall theme of being horrendously ostentatiously gaudy, rapping, and making lots of money?(Fix glitches, get paid. (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs12/i/2006/262/c/b/Flash_and___Friends_____Panhandl_by_EberronFanArt. jpg))

Seerow
2014-09-10, 12:17 AM
Alchemical Gold is an armor special material found in Magic of Faerun. By RAW I don't think you can apply it to a Warforged, but I'd let you grab it with a feat (much like Adamantine Body works). Talk to your DM about it.

Edit: If it's relevant the cost of making Armor out of Gold per MoF is 5000gp. It doesn't change armor value (like most special materials), but grants Acid and Fire resist 2, has reduced (-2) max dex and increased (+3) ACP and (+10%) Spell Failure. Weighs twice as much as regular armor.

AmberVael
2014-09-10, 12:20 AM
I'm not aware of any particular rules for making warforged plating out of materials not covered by the Warforged Body feats. However, a permissive DM might allow you to pay the cost of a special material to have it apply to your warforged plating, in which case you could apply the magically treated gold special material from Magic of Faerun, whose entry (and properties) can be found on page 179.

As for bling feats, how about Landlord from the Stronghold Builder's Guide (pages 10-11)? Extra money for your sweet pad. :smalltongue:

Edit: A little ninja'd on the gold armor thing, but there's a page number for you at least.

Sheogoroth
2014-09-10, 01:11 AM
These the best answers and I love both of you.

lytokk
2014-09-10, 09:05 AM
I don't know about making a body out of gold, but the art of the reforged (if I remember right) seems to look pretty golden.

Segev
2014-09-10, 12:26 PM
Will he grow up to be Hedonism Bot one day?

Drackstin
2014-09-10, 12:54 PM
in a game i was in my warforged was obsessed with enhancing himself, but he was a paladin, so he we research materials and he had a bunch of gnome, dwarf and friends on mechanics. they would always have some strange prototype for him to use, and he would bring it to the other crafters to make it better until it was perfect. he found out about the strongest metal in the game, starmetal from dragon lance, after obtaining enough, he had his friends reforge his body, my DM gave me a replacement feat with +10 AC +2 dex, DR 5/starmetal. it was nice.