PDA

View Full Version : Kraznayan Military Surplus Sale! (First come, first serve.)

Pollux
2007-03-10, 01:02 PM
Before stands a hastily erected stand with a few suits of armor and weapons lying about on some wooden tables.

A piece of paper marked, "Supply" has been nailed to a post here.

You examine it more carefully...

7,500 suits of Kraznayan Plate Mail
500 suits of Kraznayan Field Plate
10,000 Kraznayan Medium Shields

15,000 Kraznayan Longswords
7,500 Longspears
7,500 Halberds
5,000 Glavies

7,500 Bows
225,000 Arrows

32 Kraznayan Battlecarts (some assembly required, horses not included)
4 Trebuchet

Also here is a man wearing casual clothes, who is the salesperson. Several armed guards patrol the premises: it is advised you do not try to pull anything in their store.

((Notes: Most of the equipment is still on the ship. (so no making off with 7,500 suits of armor.) Perhaps 5-7 suits are actually here at the stand.

They will demonstrate the strength of the armor or weapons to you on request.

Prices are negotiable, but keep it reasonable.))

Renrik
2007-03-10, 02:35 PM
A team of GSA officers from the Federation Embassy come by and have a look.

We'd like to see the effectiveness of your crossbows, your pikes, and your shortswords, please.

Pollux
2007-03-10, 03:10 PM
"Certainly, Comrades! Oleg, the test armor!"

One of the men procures a suit of generic plate mail, and sets it up about 200 feet away from the stand, in an open field.

"Now, these crossbows *picks one up* are effective for up to 720 feet, a helluva lot more than other similar-sized crossbows. The armor penetration is excellent, as you will soon see..."

He aims at the armor and pulls the trigger. The blot flies towards it and strikes the center of the breastplate, puncturing it. Oleg brings the armor back for examination.

"See there, that little hole in the front? Now, turn it over, and..."

In the back, there is a much larger hole where the bolt exited.

"The exit wound won't be as big because a body is much harder to get through than a bunch of hay and stuffing, which you can see is what we've filled this suit with, but any man hit by that at under 100 yards is a dead man for sure. Unless he's in Kraznayan Armor, then there's a one-in-ten chance it might bounce off, and a three-in-ten chance he'll live to get to the clerics. Better than nothing."

"Now, the shortswords. Anatoliy!"

The salesman picks up a shortsword and walks over to a dummy clad in common chainmail. He prepares himself, and then swings with a mighty blow:

"YAAHHHH!!! Well, look there...rings cut straight through. That's what the commoner gets for going around in this junk! No, the only thing that'll do you any good against a Kraznayan shortsword is Kraznayan armor. Now, the pikes. Kolya, get the last one ready."

The man sets up a dummy clad in plate mail several yards away. The salesman grabs a pike, readies himself, and charges at it.

The pike slices through the armor like a hot knife cuts butter. Two men begin the process of pulling the dummy off the 14-foot long pike shaft.

"So, are you convinced? If what we've got isn't enough, I can show you more."

Renrik
2007-03-10, 07:22 PM
Impressive... what are your prices?

Meynolds
2007-03-10, 09:32 PM
Moon comes over to have a look.

He looks primarily at the longbows.

Pollux
2007-03-10, 09:54 PM
"Our prices are high, but they're worth it for equipment of this calibre.

Shortswords...eh, we'll start negotiations at 17.5 gp a piece...

The pikes, 20, and the crossbows, 52.5. Bolts will go for 5 per gp.

I hope these prices are reasonable..."

((He hasn't been informed of the deal. Check your PMs for details.))

Renrik
2007-03-10, 09:58 PM
Could the price be lower, perhaps a sign of good faith for the GSA's recent contribution to your enterprises?

Meynolds
2007-03-10, 09:59 PM
((Never mind then.))

Pollux
2007-03-10, 10:01 PM
((Check PMs.))

"Well... I'll have to see."

The salesman sends a runner to the ship.

Renrik
2007-03-10, 10:09 PM
The goblins look around the store some more, at the bladesof the weapons and at the armor.

A hobbo speaks:
Well we wait, could you tell us: do you have any of this armor suited for smaller types? There's plenty here for us hobgoblins, but the gobbos in the force need somethin' a bit smaller. Or is it all human-sized?

Pollux
2007-03-10, 10:18 PM
"Unfortunately, the Kraznayan Imperial Army does not usually have recruits so small, so no. However, we do have several hundred smaller chain suits back on the ship we acquired last time we were at a Kraznayan port. We were going to give them out to the crew as a bonus, but the extra money from the sale of those suits would probably work as well."

The man yells at the runner to bring a couple of the Halfling suits back with him.

"I could also put in an order for some specially-made Plate Mail for the smaller ones, if you are so inclined."

Renrik
2007-03-10, 10:38 PM
No, no. We can;t have plate mail. We need mobility for patrolling the borders. We have to have light armor, nothing much heavier than chainmail or scale. Of course, our current armor isn;t very good; leather and hide mostly, with some metal. We'd use the dwarven armor we capture, but it doesn;t fit and it's much too heavy. So we're always looking for good armor. Could you give us a demonstration?

Pollux
2007-03-10, 10:52 PM
"Certainly, once the run... ah, here he comes now."

The runner returns, carrying three sets of Kraznayan Halfling Auxillary Chainmail. He hands them to one of the men, and whispers something to the salesman.

"Ah, now, let us try the test we did earlier with proper chainmail..."

The men set up a dummy, and the salesman swings at it with a longsword with all his might.

He holds the suit up: there is only a large ugly scratch over several of the rings. He gets two men to pull on opposite ends of the shirt: only by pulling with all their might are they able to turn the scratches into a hole.

"Now remember, that was with a longsword. Slashin' with a short sword will do even less good."

"Anyhow, I've been asked to lower our prices for you...how about 12.5 gp per shortsword, 15 per pike, and the crossbows... 40. Bolts are 10 per gp.

As for the armor, we'll sell it at... 175 gp a set. How's that? And just to make sure it's light enough..."

Grinning, he holds out a suit of the chainmail, helmet and all.

"Go ahead, try it on. It's pretty light at first, it just seems to get heavier the longer you wear it. That's the way it is with all chain."

Renrik
2007-03-10, 11:13 PM
The goblin tries it on

Lighter than any mail I've ever tried on...

He tires it out,going through a few attack routines with the old worn shortsword at his side.

Godd mobility, too...

The goblin takes the chainmail off, anf the group discusses for several minutes.

The goblin steps forward.

These arms and armor areof exceptional quality, and would be of great use to us.

We will buy all the shortswords, pikes, and crossbows you have in stock, as well as as much of the chainmail, both small and medium, as you can supply. Several carts will be here tomorrow morning with the money, to take the shipment.

Pollux
2007-03-10, 11:23 PM
"Thank you, my Comrades. That comes out to this:"

He hands you a piece of parchment:

1,500 suits of Kraznayan Halfling Auxillary Chainmail (Small Chain Shirt, Helmet, Sword Belt) - 262,500 gp

2,500 Kraznayan Shortswords - 31,250 gp
2,500 Pikes - 37,500 gp

5,000 Crossbows (includes a bolt case) - 200,000 gp

TOTAL: 531,250 gp
"Also, you did not specify wheter or not you wanted bolts for the crossbows or shields to go with the armor. We have 2,000 small shields with us, they'd be perfect for your goblins.

If there's anything else you need, just tell me and I'll put in an order for it."

Dartonus
2007-03-11, 07:37 AM
A Werepanda, watching from a rooftop, steps into a bamboo-rimmed portal and disappears.

Renrik
2007-03-11, 01:51 PM
"Thank you, my Comrades. That comes out to this:"

He hands you a piece of parchment:

"Also, you did not specify wheter or not you wanted bolts for the crossbows or shields to go with the armor. We have 2,000 small shields with us, they'd be perfect for your goblins.

If there's anything else you need, just tell me and I'll put in an order for it."
Oh yes, we'll also take your supply of bolts and the sheilds.

A train of four carts, with a GSA squad for guards, come with the money the next day to pick up the goods.

Pollux
2007-03-11, 03:58 PM
((Alright, revised total comes out to:

1,500 suits of Kraznayan Halfling Auxillary Chainmail (Small Chain Shirt, Helmet, Sword Belt) - 262,500 gp
2,000 Small Shields - 8,000 gp

2,500 Kraznayan Shortswords - 31,250 gp
2,500 Pikes - 37,500 gp

5,000 Crossbows (includes a bolt case) - 200,000 gp
75,000 Bolts - 7,500 gp

TOTAL: 546,750 gp))

The men have the order ready and load it onto the carts. The salesperson takes the money and has it sent back to the ship.

((Enjoy.))

Renrik
2007-03-11, 04:06 PM
The carts pull off, and go to a safehouse of the GSA to be shipped to the Federation.

Nekulor
2007-03-11, 09:46 PM
*Silas comes in from the direction of the embassy.*

I need weapons. Roughly 700 suits of armor, fully assembled, a trebuchet or so, bows, arrows, halberds and lances for roughly 1000 men, and a ton of arrows. I need them all delivered to The Temple of Dyrr today, and I have payment in this bag.

*tosses a bag with 27 large blood diamonds in it. Each one is roughly 2-5 karats.*

Pollux
2007-03-11, 10:18 PM
"What type of armor are we talking? Full Plate or Plate Mail?"

Copacetic
2007-03-14, 07:39 PM
Theron Steps inside I was hoping you sell some quality chainmail? Nothing to heavy please. He gestures at his wings.

Nekulor
2007-03-14, 09:05 PM
Plate mail. If you could, I need it in dark purple or black.

Pollux
2007-03-15, 09:04 PM
The salesman nods at Silas.

"Katya! Polychitye pantsyr' gotovo etogo cheloveka! Speshnost'!"

"Da, tovarishch, ya budu nazad mozhno skoreye!"

"Your weapons will be delivered in about an hour."

Theron Steps inside I was hoping you sell some quality chainmail? Nothing to heavy please. He gestures at his wings.

The salesman turns to Theron.

"I am terribly sorry, Comrade, but I just sold my last chain suits."

Nekulor
2007-03-15, 09:05 PM
Wonderful. A few of The Legion will be delivering the rest of the payment to you. I don't really like to carry a ton of gold on my person.

Warpfire
2007-03-15, 09:10 PM
Nathaniel enters the area, and walks up to the salesman. "How much would it cost to buy a single trebuchet?"

Realizing the salesman appears to be caught in dead time, Nathaniel leaves.

Copacetic
2007-03-16, 05:15 PM
Arrgh. I was hoping I wasn;t too late. Would have any small shields? Or perhaps a hlemat, gauntlets, and boots?