PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a half-succubus cohort for the BBEG?

ILM
2014-09-10, 04:20 PM
I was originally planning for my (CE) enchanter/summoner/planar binder to have a succubus cohort. Then I stumbled upon the half-fiend customizable templates on WotC's website, and figured I could get about 80% of the flavour and still get 8 levels to play with. What kind of character would you go with? Classic Paladin/Hexblade debuffer? Factotum/Chameleon skill monkey with a dash of Marshal? Massive Cha kind of screams sorcerer but the main event is already a full arcane caster so...

atemu1234
2014-09-10, 04:38 PM
Dread Necromancer would amuse me, but maybe a blackguard for ungodly save boosts?

Greenish
2014-09-10, 04:51 PM
Dread Necromancer would amuse me, but maybe a blackguard for ungodly save boosts?A level of battle dancer, too, for Cha to AC while naked. Well, unarmoured, but half-succubus… Also gets her (or him) IUS for some Kung Fu.

Werephilosopher
2014-09-10, 05:16 PM
Dragon #355 actually has stats for half-succubi.

WhamBamSam
2014-09-10, 09:21 PM
Marshal 1 is the way to go for Succubi (or similar high Cha monsters) with class levels. Have Motivate Dexterity on outside of combat for +Yes to Initiative, then take a swift action on her first turn to switch to whatever the boss man needs to really make his schtick go. Beyond that, Paladin of Slaughter/Tyranny or Blackguard and a Battle Dancer dip are good for defenses, and passive debuffing seems reasonable. With the Battle Dancer dip, she'll also get IUS, so with a reach weapon (like a longspear) she can threaten everything within 10ft and generally hassle the party's attempts to move past her with the usual melee lockdown options.