PDA

View Full Version : DM Help In need of some BBEG advice

primus380
2014-09-10, 07:30 PM
So our most recent campaign ended recently and i'm going to be DMing the next campaign, so far it appears that i'm sending the next party through a dungeon crawl. I need some advice on a the Big Baddy for the dungeon. so far it's a Succubus with max levels in Dungeon Lord. Any advice on what i could do to improve the boss, any other levels i could put in or templates i could use to improve her?

I'm trying to max her CR at least 20 but i'm willing to go as far as 22-23

Curbstomp
2014-09-11, 04:11 AM
It's not exactly RAW... but have you considered just slapping on half-fiend for the stat boosts? Then using them to full effect with some (evil) Paladin and Blackguard levels?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-09-11, 04:35 AM
Use the stats of the Aspect of Fierna from Fiendish Codex II page 147, and add five (nonassociated (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#advancedMonsterChallengeRati ng)) levels of Dungeon Lord to make her CR 21.

Azoth
2014-09-11, 04:44 AM
Yeah was about to say you vanilla succubus with 5 levels dungeon lord is either CR 12 (if you count them as associated levels) or CR 9.5 (if they are considered non-associated).

You have alot of room to work with for customization. Anywhere from 8lvls/CR increases to 10.5 lvls/CR increases. So really you could add between 8 and 21 class levels onto this monstrosity.