PDA

View Full Version : [Eberron][3.5+PF] The (Not-So) Perfect Crime

Novawurmson
2014-09-11, 12:07 AM
As you can tell by the title, I'm GMing an Eberron 3.5+PF game. My players have developed a deep connection with the Daask (to the point where they're now running their underground arenas) and are getting into a gang war with the Boromar Clan. They don't yet completely understand that the Boromar Clan is trying to escalate the gang war.

...into a full-out invasion of Droaam. They're being paid off by extremists in House Deneith who want an end to the monstrous mercenaries, the possibility of claiming more land, and a new war with the profits it will bring. The Boromar Clan likewise wants an end to the Daask and a revival of the "good old days" of the Black Highway.

The Boromar Clan is planning to assault a House Jorasco enclave while magically transformed into various Droaamite races - Alter Self for orcs and Monstrous Physique (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/monstrous-physique-i) for gargoyles, hags, harpies, medusas, minotaurs, and the like. Then, their allies on the city council will make impassioned speeches calling for military action against Droaamites for attacking the neutral Dragonmarked House - which, combined with enough threats and blackmail, should be a done deal.

I'm looking for two main ideas:
A. Cool ways the Boromar Clan prepared and carried out the crime.
B. Believable ways they could mess up and thus allow the PCs a chance to unveil what's happened and stop it.

Ideas A
-The Boromar thugs plant halfling-bane weapons (contraband items) at the scene to ensure the malice is perceived.
-The Boromar thugs drag a dead troll or other Droaamite along to leave at the scene as proof (but, idea B, someone knows they went missing a few days before the attack).

Ideas B
-A Boromar thug was injured in the assault. He goes to a different Jorasco enclave for healing, but the healer there recognized the injuries as coming from traditional halfing weapons carried by Jorasco guards.
-Though the scene initially seems to be one of pure carnage, careful searching reveals that the most valuable items (i.e. wand/staves of the highest level magic) are unharmed.