PDA

View Full Version : My GM's gone crazy

Kon Owens
2014-09-11, 01:22 AM
So, previous to this, I had posted over on this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?371124-Fiendish-Bard-Help-Wanted&p=18091661#post18091661), that I needed help designing a Fiendish Bard for my D&D game.

I now have a bigger problem.

It appears that my GM got an underwhelming MEH from my usual D&D group, but that they would be able to make sessions sporadically. To supplement this, he's having everybody make two characters that they will run to make sure we have enough party members in case someone doesn't show up.

However, before he jumped this on me, we were discussing character concepts, and I suggested An Archivist coupled with a psionic class to get into Thrallherd, so that he could have a gimp Divine Bard generate spells for him to scribe into his spell book. And, due to his unique combination, he'd be able to go into Psychic Theurge, and progress both paths.

My GM liked this a lot. A little to much. I now feel obligated to play this so that he doesn't turn this into a villain for us to fight, as it would royal kick our butts. And that's not a problem, as I like the concept.

However, that still leaves me with the gimp Bard and the other character to build. For the secondary character, I was thinking using the suggestions from the previous post, and making a Hellbred who is attempting to atone for his past life's crimes. My GM even suggested using one of the classes that fights evil with evils power as a neat flavor for the atoner character.

So, what I need help with: Tweaking an Archivist/ psionic character (as described above), making a Gimp Divine Bard, and what the hell can I use to make that third concept work? Please help...

Gwendol
2014-09-11, 10:08 AM
Looks like you could use a Malconvoker. Lot's of flavor and likely a fitting addition.

Kon Owens
2014-09-11, 09:42 PM
Alright, so, I managed to scrape together a build for the main character I wanted, the Archivist/Psion, and I'll work on the other characters later (though, Malconvoker sounds most interesting...)

Kalaster, Chaotic Evil (?)
Psion (Metacreativity) 1/ Archivist 4/ Thrallherd 1/ Archivist 4/ Psychic Theurge 10

And I would take Practiced Manifester as my first level feat, Inquisitor (to qualify for Thrallherd) as my third level, and Boost Construct at Lv 6, so I get ALL the minions!

Does this seem like it will work? I wanted to get at least Archivist 8 for the Dark Knowledge (Foe), but am I skimping on the Psionics? Or is it fine just for the splash so I can get Thrallherd?

Skevvix
2014-09-12, 03:01 AM
Alright, so, I managed to scrape together a build for the main character I wanted, the Archivist/Psion, and I'll work on the other characters later (though, Malconvoker sounds most interesting...)

Kalaster, Chaotic Evil (?)
Psion (Metacreativity) 1/ Archivist 4/ Thrallherd 1/ Archivist 4/ Psychic Theurge 10

And I would take Practiced Manifester as my first level feat, Inquisitor (to qualify for Thrallherd) as my third level, and Boost Construct at Lv 6, so I get ALL the minions!

Does this seem like it will work? I wanted to get at least Archivist 8 for the Dark Knowledge (Foe), but am I skimping on the Psionics? Or is it fine just for the splash so I can get Thrallherd?

Going Meta you'll need Expanded Knowledge (http://dndtools.eu/feats/expanded-psionics-handbook--65/expanded-knowledge--988/) for Mindlink and 2 more levels of Psion to meet the pre-reqs of Thrallherd.

Kon Owens
2014-09-12, 12:22 PM
But Kalashtars get Mindlink free as a racial ability, and practiced manifester increases your manifester level by 4, but only works when you have the HD to do so. So, I count as manifester level 4 at level 4 with only one level of psionics, right? Or am I reading that feat wrong.