PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Build input (for actual play in a fairly optimized campaign, not TO)

Silatuyok
2014-09-11, 02:57 AM
Alright, so I have a build mostly figured out, but I would like some feedback for thematic cohesion, choices, etc. most forgotten realms compatible sources allowed, with the stipulation that we can only use a couple books at a time. IE you can draw from complete mage, ToM, but not much else. those are the books you chose.

The core idea was an archeologist/dungeon delver caster who exists for the sole function of being nope.png through a number of shenanigans, but has the clear and discernible weakness of not actually being capable of dealing with/finishing a problem. The build as it stands now is as follows

Illumian -24 PB, still settling on spread

1: Wizard|Precocious Apprentice(entry cheesing) spontaneous dispeller (losing evo.(can emulate with shadowcaster)and nec.), and looking ACF to replace familiar
Flaw|Spell Focus (abj.)
Flaw|Energy Abjuration
2: Shadowcaster
3: Shadowcaster|Spell Thematics (much sigil, very rune, so words. wow.(Our DM demands that at least one early feat be mostly flavour))
Path access|Still Mystery
4: Shadowcaster
5: Noctumancer
6: Noctumancer|Arcane Mastery
7: Noctumancer
8: Noctumancer
Path access|Favored Mystery (Flicker)

From there I continue to progress as a Noctumancer, taking elven spell lore ASAP, Arcane thesis, and every abjuration reserve feat I can get my hands on to reach an inappropriately high CL when trying to disjunct the DMs very important items of plot significance. will be carrying around about 100 holy symbols of every god (for that +100CL and +200DC per god that unhappy deity doesn't like on banish) to be able to dimensional anchor and banish whatever god I pissed off. will likely get past SR with repeated casts of assay resistance?(might be wrong name) since its CL bonus appears to be untyped

For most of the game character will just try to flicker out of every fight, dispel every magic weapon she sees, ensure that not a single enemy caster ever gets to do anything, and call the party peasants. This is a mostly RP and sort of serious campaign, but our games always devolve in absurd DM vs player moments of "You do what now?" "I said I banish Corellon Larethian. His eye shadow is just too outrageous for this plane to handle."

The only thing I really am going wizard for is more teleports, and spells like analyze dweomer. Maybe grabbing wall of force or something.

Does this seem a bit too strong for a mid opt campaign? we have a chaintrip hexblade with frightful presence and levels in dread witch (might have been my fault for helping other players build), but this does seem like it be either far to uninvolved in some fights, or make others one sided wins. Also for a dispeller am I missing any key feats/options?