PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Warforged Self-healing through Maneuvers?

Azmordael
2014-09-11, 05:20 AM
Greetings, this is quite possibly a really simple answer but as a Crusader Warforged would the maneuver revitalizing Strike heal me if I was also max level in Warforged Juggernaught? I ask this as the Warforged Juggernaught gains this from 3rd level and then advances at 5th level:

Healing Immunity: Starting at 3rd level, as a warforged juggernaut becomes more like a construct and less like a living creature, it becomes immune to the effects of spells from the healing subschool that heal hit point damage. In addition, it can no longer benefit from the effects of consumable spells and magic items, such as heroes' feast and potions.
At 5th level, the warforged juggernaut becomes immune to the effects of all spells from the healing subschool.

But the Maneuver doesn't have a subschool it just seems to "heal":

Revtitalizing Strike
Devoted Spirit (Strike)
Level: Crusader 3 (One Devoted Spirit maneuver),
Components:
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Melee attack
Target: One creature

As you rear back to strike your foe, an aura of divine energy surrounds you. As your attack slams home, this aura dissipates in a flash, knitting your wounds as it discharges.
As part of initiating this strike, you must make a successful melee attack against an enemy creature whose alignment has at least one component different from yours. This foe must pose a threat to you or your allies in some direct, immediate way. If your attack hits, you or an ally within 10 feet of you heals 3d6 points of damage + 1 point per initiator level (maximum +10).

My apologies for bothering everyone with this and if it is in the wrong area but it is a question that has been making me think for some time as I would like to be a self-healing Warforged using a changing/morphing weapon for a friend's campaign. And this is the final piece of the puzzle.

Kind Regards.

Gemini476
2014-09-11, 06:27 AM
Your Warforged can heal just fine with his maneuvers. Do note that beyond not having the subschool, they are also not spells.

Incidentally, if you found an utterance/spell/power/invocation/mystery/whatever that healed but didn't have the (Healing) subschool, you could also benefit from that.

lytokk
2014-09-11, 06:35 AM
I do think you wouldn't get full healing from Strike of Righteous Vitality, the devoted spirit capstone, since it specifically calls out healing you as a heal spell cast as a cleric of your level. So that would be half healing as a warforged or no healing as a juggernaut.

I remember it being mentioned that there was one other manuever that wouldn't work, but I can't find it right now.