PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Optimization] Arcanist Character (Build Help)

Perpetr8r
2014-09-11, 10:17 AM
Alright so I wanted to play a Arcanist in my groups upcoming game simply because we are trying to play all the new classes and figure if we like them and want to add them as permanent features in our future games. We are gonna run a Module set from 1-8ish in levels and then likely some homebrew after that till about level 10.

Now we do play a little bit of 3.P we allow flaws and we have made Perception a class skill for every class (As my GM puts it, Perception is your ability to perceive the world around you, unless you are blind deaf and dumb you would have been doing that since birth its a biological skill)

I am going to be playing a Samsaren with Mystic Past Life racial trait.
My casting stat is Int and I am gonna end up with a 20 in that so I get 6 new spells to add to the Wizard/Sorcerer spell list.

Now I need ideas for Feats and Spells (From other Arcane classes) that would go well to make my character well rounded and capable of doing his part. I tend to favor deception and illusion spells when manipulating people.

NightbringerGGZ
2014-09-11, 11:17 AM
For general play tips, you can probably just look at the God Wizard guide and plan your spells accordingly. You have the full Wizard spell list, so you can run with that. Note, you shouldn't need much in the way of Charisma with your build, any exploits that run off of Charisma are generally sub-optimal.

For Mystic Past Life I would start by reviewing the Summoner spell list. There are several spells on this list that are at a lower Spell Level than they would normally be on the Wizard list. You can also get healing spells from the Bard or Witch lists should you want to. I think there's a mini guide for the ability on the Paizo forums, but I can't seem to find it.

As for Exploits I'm a fan of Quick Study and Consume Magic Items.

As an alternative, the Exploiter Wizard archetype grants the Wizard an Arcane Reservoir and Exploits at the cost of your school and arcane bond. You can pick those back up via exploits and will have more spells per day than an Arcanist.

Perpetr8r
2014-09-11, 11:39 AM
The way my GM is ruling it is that if the spell exists on the Wizard list then adding it from another list is impossible. So that does kind of hinder me a bit.

Alter Enhancement seems pretty good, switching out the bonuses that your party members have on their weapons for abilities that might make more sense during the current battle or up coming battle. Example switching a +2 weapon into a +1 Ghost Touch, or +1 Keen might be nice to have.

Also Suffering Knowledge.