PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bloodrager (Primalist) + Dragon Disciple shenanigans

Propagandalf
2014-09-11, 11:25 AM
First of all, let's assume that DD's bloodline advancement works with BR. (I think it should, since hey, it's a perfect fluff prestige class for BR)

Now on for the shenanigans:

Bloodragers Bloodline:
"The bloodrager gains bloodline powers at 1st level, 4th level, and every 4 levels thereafter. The bloodline powers a bloodrager gains are described in his chosen bloodline. For all spell-like bloodline powers, treat the character's bloodrager level as the caster level."

Blood of Dragons:
"A dragon disciple adds his level to his sorcerer (and BR levels, I assume) levels when determining the powers gained from his bloodline."

These are the basic's, nothing really wonky here. But then we add the Primalist archetype.

Primalist:
"Primal Choices: At 4th level and every 4 levels thereafter, a primalist can choose to take either his bloodline power or two barbarian rage powers."

Now, let's consider the Draconic bloodlines level 8 power: Breath Weapon (Su)
With Primalist you can of course replace it with two rage powers but then there's the DD lvl 3 ability: Breath Weapon (Su)

A Bloodrager Primalist 5 / Dragon Disciple 3 Would get the breath weapon bloodline power twice at level 8.

My question is: Can he then convert both of those breath weapons immediately with Primalist to gain 4 rage powers?

avr
2014-09-11, 11:28 AM
No, the DD 3 Breath Weapon is not a Bloodrager class ability.

grarrrg
2014-09-11, 09:03 PM
I get what you're saying
Dragon Disciple:
"At 3rd level, a dragon disciple gains the breath weapon bloodline power,..."

But I have to side with Avr on this one.
The most likely RAI is "If you do not have a Dragon Breath power from a Bloodline, then you gain a 1/day use of Dragon's Breath. If you already have (or later gain) a Dragon Breath Bloodline Power, then this stacks with it to give you +1/day uses."

And this is nothing new, the Dragon Disciple has been poorly worded ever since the Crossblooded Sorc archetype happened.

Propagandalf
2014-09-12, 12:55 AM
No, the DD 3 Breath Weapon is not a Bloodrager class ability.

I get what you're saying
Dragon Disciple:
"At 3rd level, a dragon disciple gains the breath weapon bloodline power,..."

But I have to side with Avr on this one.
The most likely RAI is "If you do not have a Dragon Breath power from a Bloodline, then you gain a 1/day use of Dragon's Breath. If you already have (or later gain) a Dragon Breath Bloodline Power, then this stacks with it to give you +1/day uses."

And this is nothing new, the Dragon Disciple has been poorly worded ever since the Crossblooded Sorc archetype happened.

Awww, :smallfrown:

Oh well, we try things. Sometimes they even work. :smalltongue:
Thanks for the quick answers. :smallsmile: