PDA

View Full Version : people with knowledge of RotDQ help me power game a bit please

Yagyujubei
2014-09-11, 02:02 PM
I'm taking levels in ranger to get access to archery style, hunters mark, and colossus slayer. Doing this comes with 1 favored terrain, and 1 favored enemy, and I was curious if those who have been farther into the story know of a certain enemy type or terrain type that would be more useful than the others. If this was a super game breaking feature I wouldn't metagame like this, but I dont think it will really change that much.

any help is appreciated.

Rilak
2014-09-11, 02:31 PM
Power gamer say: re-roll as anything except Ranger :)

Yagyujubei
2014-09-11, 05:01 PM
well I'm really going bard. I just wanted archery support and really this isn't powergaming much, more like I don't want the abilities to be wasted. the obvious answer to enemy would be dragons, but I don't wanna pick that and then face 2 dragons in 14 levels you know?

Beige
2014-09-11, 05:27 PM
there are a fair number of dragons coming up in the adventure path - worry not. plus, going dragon lets you speak draconic, which will also be helpful

other than dragons, it's a smattering of all of the common races, so hard to say which one to pick

though if your just going for archery, I'd say fighter's action surge dip is more useful than the ranger's collossus slayer :smallsmile: - and the archery bonus comes into play sooner - though I suppose it does loose more spellcasting