PDA

View Full Version : Ensorcelling: Good or Bad

Sivartius
2014-09-11, 07:15 PM
Have any of you ever used the rules for Ensorcelling from The Enchiridion of Treasures and Objects d'Art? I think I got it from RPGNow. With a title like that you wouldn't think it would have a unique take on creating magic items, but it did.

It seemed interesting, and worthwhile, at least as an alternative, so long as your magic using character is willing to pay the cost. It comes across as a much more in tune with the natural world style of crafting, which would be interesting for Druids, Nature affiliated Clerics, Hedge Wizards, etc. Alternatively, I thought it would be great to highlight the differences between two cultures (ex. the Conquistidors or the Romans with their higher tech, forged metal +1 Flaming Longswords and +1 Light Fortification Breastplates, vs. the Incas or the Celts with their ensorcelled bearskins that increase Strength, and their chipped stone spearheads and knives ensorcelled to cause bleeding wounds.)

Anyway, how did you feel about it? Did you like it/dislike it? Also, while whoever wrote this did a bang-up job of coming up with gems and semi-precious stones to ensorcell, the selection of Plant, Animal, and Stone products is sparcer, and the Metals selection is pathetic. Plus, there are no listed monsters/magical beasts/etc ensorcelling. What are your ideas for other things that could be ensorcelled?