PDA

View Full Version : Big Fat Solo Exchange: Drimanai

LittleCarp04
2014-09-11, 11:27 PM
You see the distant metropolis looming large in the distance and head that way. After a short time walking along a well traveled road you come upon a man selling some sort of cooked meat, "Get yo' some fine hare here!! None better to be had on the whole Isle!" He spots you looking curiously around and comes up to you with the intention of selling you some delicously smelling meat on a stick.

"Oye, there lass! Christal is my name, and you look like you are famished from your travels. What brings you to Absalom? Studying? Work? Or you fool enough to go and test yourself at the Starstone?" He says raising his eyebrows at the last, "No, you'rnt no fool I can tell that. How about some lovely hare? Just caught it this morning guaranteed to settle your stomach before you get to the city, and guaranteed to save your pocket as well! Won't be finding any good deals in the city proper! If you don't well check with my man Gilman at the Sunken Lady in the Shoreline, if you're needing rest his is the best inn outside the walls!" With that he turns and approaches a group of three other travelers who are well armored and look to be serious about their business.

Not sure if you're familiar with Absalom so here is a map. Your teleportation scroll had you arrive about three miles or so from the western gate and you traveled on the path between Shoreline and Westerhold. You are only about an hours walk from the wall and only about 30 minutes walk to Shoreline.
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081216144120/pathfinder/images/0/07/Absalom_map.jpg

Raunchel
2014-09-12, 04:41 PM
At first I am utterly confused, this is not where I was supposed to be. I look around for clues but all I see is the man? Which already is strange, I don't usually meet them, but then again, the number of outsiders that I meet is quite limited. I ignore him at first, I just have no idea what to say. And people in armour, that's so adventurous. I look at the enormous city, trying to make out where I am. After some observation it becomes clear, this is Absolom, the great metropolis.

It is not where I wanted to go,, but some unseen hand has guided me here, just like some unseen hand guided me to the diaries. Maybe this city offers me a way to find the one I love, or at least to become someone she could love. I start walking, wondering how long the little gold that I stole will last. I feel bad about it, I took it from the treasury that is used to care for the poor. I left most of it, but still. This should make me a truly evil person.

I have proof for it. I no longer feel the presence of the Goddess. Not even the orisons come to me anymore. I have broken with my faith, and the old me is dead. I have to become a new Drimanai.

LittleCarp04
2014-09-13, 01:16 PM
You continue to walk towards the massive metropolis in the distance and you enter what would anywhere else be considered a large city in its own right. You see many street vendors hawking their wares to the many travelers passing on the wide thoroughfare. You see the inn, the Sunken Lady, that the other man selling meats mentioned, and you see a board posted outside of it with random scraps of paper attached. Upon closer inspection you see a few that stand out to you.

"Capture or killing of the creature known as the Demon who is responsible for 811 deaths near the coast south of Shoreline. Inquire with Gilman inside for more details"

"Kirin the Hermit has not been heard from for over 2 months. His son Nilis is offering 1000 gold to whomever can go and find the answer. Inquire with Gilman inside for more details"

"Local Magistrate Cyrus is looking for some brave souls to investigate the rumor of a local cult. Inquire with Gilman inside for more details."

You take a look at the inn and see that it seems to be fairly well kept, and the people inside don't seem to be too smelly or drunk for this time of the day, the sun is approaching the horizon and it will be dusk soon.

Raunchel
2014-09-13, 03:14 PM
I look at all the people they are all so very different. All the different clothes and colours. It is spectacular. On several occasions I bump into people, distracted by all the things that happen around me. It almost overloads my senses, but I think that I manage to maintain my dignity. The scraps are very interesting. I don't want to risk myself, but I think that I will need some hands-on experience with evil to become a proper consort, and there are more mundane reasons as well. I don't think that I have much in the way of money and I will need a way to gain more. I definately can't kill some creature, I'm a scholar, not a killer. So that's definately not an option. A dark cult might bring me into the right direction for my studies, but I don't think that I'm all that brave. That leaves me with the one that mentions an actual monetary reward that I could maybe use to set myself up for long-term research. I will have to look for this hermit. He should definately trust a nice priestess like me.

I enter the inn, I feel tired already and if I'm completely honest, also quite hungry. I just hope that I took enough money. It is a strange place, there is nothing like the tranquility of the convent. At first I don't dare to go any further, but then I convince myself to walk towards the man who I presume to be this establishment's owner. I ask him confidently: "A, a, ehm, blessed day to you, sir. Would it maybe, by any chance, be ehm possible to rent a room for the day? Ehm, for the night I mean? And would it perhaps be a possibility to point me to a, ehm, Gilman?", that came out a little less confident than I hoped.

LittleCarp04
2014-09-13, 10:48 PM
The man looks up from the table he is clearing and wipes his hands on his apron, and passes the tray off to another dainty server passing by toward the kitchen.

"Aye, I am Gilman, we have four rooms available right now, its been a busy day for some reason..." He trails off scratching his scruffy beard, as if realizing that you are still there and waiting for information from him he offers a smile. "Sorry, so yes a room! We have four available, three are the common room type which is a simple room, we also have a deluxe room which includes a oil lamp and table as well as a full tub with warm water to enjoy a relaxing bath and wash away the dirt and stress of your travels. The common rooms are two ravens for a day, and the deluxe room is seven crowns for the evening, but if you wanted that I could let you stay there for only five crowns instead, seems like you could use a bit of relaxation.

Did you need a meal? I will also throw in a good meal of our roast boar and fine ale that we have this evening if you decide to stay the night. If you go with the deluxe room you can instead take your pick from any of our fine selections of wines and spirits."

Ravens are the local term for silver peices, Crowns are gold and the term Crowns or Gold is interchangeable

Raunchel
2014-09-14, 09:42 AM
I quickly make the calculations, five crowns per night will last me four days. I'm not sure if I can afford that. And I'm not used to luxury. My life has always been one of simple contemplation. I ask myself what Arathea would do, and it brings me to a conclusion. I should choose luxury, but that will force me to quickly expand my financial options. Life is so complicated here, everything is expressed in coins and I have to keep track of them. And the food, it sounds tempting. I've never had any boar, but spirits sound dangerous. I have read about them making people drunk, driving them insane. I can't do that. "I think that I will be taking the deluxe room then. But I'm afraid that I can't drink any alcohol, it is forbidden by my vows you see. But the roasted boar sounds delicious."

After saying it I hope that he doesn't know that members of my order also aren't allowed to eat meat, but I can't resist my curiosity and it came out before I had properly thought about it. To distract him I continue: "Outside your establishment I noticed several papers mentioning that help might be needed with certain affairs, such as a missing hermit or cultic activity. Could you by any chance tell me more about these things?"

LittleCarp04
2014-09-14, 01:05 PM
"The deluxe room will be great for you miss. I know ye'll love it. Now as to these job offers, hmm the cult is something that is only rumored, Cyrus, the local magistrate of the Westergate area of Absalom is asking for me to help him find someone to get more information the cult. We need to know where they meet, how many people there are and what their goals are. The plan for this would to either be to infiltrate their group or simply work out the information using whatever means you could muster."

As hes speaking people are constantly walking in and out of the inn and it really puts into perspective how busy this establishment is. Upon arrival you noticed that it was four stories tall and is about 120 feet wide, so they have many rooms available. No one seems to be paying much attention to you, but you see that Gilman is keeping his eyes peeled while giving you this information.

"Now as to the hermit, Old Kirin hasn't been seen or heard from for over a moon cycle now. His son Nilis is concerned, he tried to go and see his father but his hovel is shut up tight although he said through the dirty window he could make out movement, but no matter how he tried he was unable to open the door or break the window. There are odd smells and sounds coming from his old house and is willing to pay a good some of money, a large bag of Crowns to whomever can find out what happened to his father."

He says joyfully as he continues cleaning tables and he heads to the main bar area, he pulls out a ledger book and a strongbox, Ok miss, that will be five Crowns, and since you asked about work, if you take up any of the offers we have posted outside, you can also gain free lodging while you work on those jobs as needed, I know its a generous offer," he says leaning in and in a more hushed tone, "The truth is these men need people and know I can get them so I get a bit of a kickback as well you see, the room will be no problem if you decide to take them up on an offer."

"Now, may I have your name to place in our log book please?"

Raunchel
2014-09-14, 02:35 PM
All these people, it's really intimidating. Infiltrating such a cult sounds really scary, I'd rather not do it. But I think that I can talk to this hermit, if he's not too far away. But I really need more time to think. But then he asks my name. What should I answer? The truth? Of course not. Why didn't I think about this? I answer: "Serdynage"

I don't know why. One of my dearest friends has that name. We were raised together by the order. She would know that I'm not there anymore. It would almost be time to rise for the night prayers. I think. This phenomenon of the sun rising differently when large distances are involved is really intriguing. But I do feel tired. I stayed up ever since the sun set, and now it sets here again. I retire for the night, saying: "I will give those matters some thought, but I will go looking for this missing hermit tomorrow, after some sleep."

I decide to break with the rules again after the warm bath. At home I was only allowed to use cold water, but warm water is so much nicer. I stay in there for maybe a full hour, almost falling asleep. I truly am a decadent hedonist. Finally I get outof the tub and dry myself. I know that I should return to my habit, but I feel far too tired and simply crawl into the soft bed. It is one of the greatest feelings I ever had. I fall asleep, but not after thinking that I forgot to write my journal.

LittleCarp04
2014-09-14, 07:11 PM
The night is uneventful and relaxing. The room is finely furnished with a soft large bed and thick, quieting doors, even though the tavern on the first floor was going well into the morning hours, on the fourth floor you were not disturbed at all. In the morning the pleasant smells of fresh bread and cooked meat and eggs waft up through the inn. Down in the main room there is a large breakfast buffet set up with cooked ham, fresh fried pheasant and eggs as well as a large assortment of breads and fresh juice and milk. You also see a steaming pot of some dark coffee as well.

When you arrive in the room, a lovely young lady a few years younger than you waves you to a table and says "'ello miss. Mr Gilman said you c'n 'ave anyfink you like. He is off to take care of ova business in th' city propa. He said if you like you c'n either meet with Nilis if'n you were to look for his papa, or head over to Mr Cyrus' office in Westgate if you wanted more information on *wink*you know what... She hands you a rolled up parchement and heads off to take care of other guests.

Hello Ms Serdynage,

Sorry for my absense this day, I am needed elsewhere. If you decided to take us up on our offer of employement, you can either inquire additionally with Nilis, the son of Kirin who has not been seen in quite some time, or meet with the Magistrate Cyrus.

If you decide to meet with Nilis, his home is on the northern edge of Westerhold, it is across the road from his blacksmith shop and is very easy to find, his shop is called Unbrus Metalurgy and is well known in that area. He will fill you in on more information regarding his needs.

If you meed with Cyrus, at his office you will see his assistant, you MUST ask to see Mr Tinsle, that you have a delivery for him. When they ask where it is from you MUST answer "It is from the glade" If you give these proper terms you will be able to meet with him. Do not keep this letter with you lest anyone else hear those terms, I have informed him of you and he will be expecting you, anyone else in appearance will find themselves being questioned on the tip of many swords.

Good luck to you in your journeys,

Gilman Fulreath

Raunchel
2014-09-15, 10:26 AM
When I awaken the sun has risen. I almost start with my prayers, but I have left that behind me. I have never woken up this late, back home I went to bed when the sun set, and awoke hours before it rose again. So much has changed. I quickly put my clothes on, I will really need something else than that. I have a spare set, but that won't be enough to last me forever, and Arathea will certainly not want me like that. It however is a matter for another time.

The breakfast is delicious, I try several new things and thank the girl when she gives me the parchment. I memorize its contents, before placing it in my room. I think that I will first see Nilis, the cult can wait, and I will need some things before I can even hope to go after them. Mostly knowledge, but also a cover. Perhaps they can then lead me to what I truly want.

The walk through the city is amazing. So many people, so many different things, and it isn't even the main city yet. I get lost several times, but there always are people to ask for directions. There also are these peculiar folks who sit at some corners, holding up their hands and looking miserable. I wonder what they are, but I decided to ignore them, like other people do. I think that they are some sort of order based on poverty.

Finally I arrive where I should be, Unbrus Metalurgy. His house would be across the street, so, I go there. But the door is closed. In the convent I would have understood the sign that he was not to be disturbed, but here all doors are closed. Then I recall it, I once read about the habit of knocking on doors. It is a bit strange, but I try it nevertheless.

LittleCarp04
2014-09-15, 08:51 PM
When you knock a few moments go by and then the door opens. A man opens the door wearing an apron, he stretches out his hand and says, "Hello, are you looking for Nilis the blacksmith? Thats me," then you notice that his apron looks more like a bakers apron than a blacksmiths and is covered in flour, seeing where your eyes travel he looks down and yelps,"Oh sorry, metal is not the only thing that thrives in a nice oven ha! Was there anything specific you were looking to have made or did you want to review my storeroom?"

After you explain that you are there to help him with his father he looks surprised but you see a flash of hope cross his face. "Well that is amazing of you to offer any help, of course I am sure the reward has something to do with your offer to help, but that is why I offered a reward.

My father Kirin has always been a bit 'reclusive' you could say. But until recently I would usually hear from him every tendays or so, but it has been nearly three months since I have heard from him. Of course I have gone there many times, there is still noise and activity there but it is impossible to open the house." He lets out a tired sigh and invites you in and has a seat at a small table set in his kitchen.

"I have tried to even break in, using an axe trying to break the windows, everything I could imagine. It won't open, we even had a local priest try it and it won't budge. I asked Cyrus but he said his local mage is busy, so I put out the offer at Gilman's inn. If anyone will connect you with someone you need, its Gilman. But anyway, I need you to go to my fathers hovel, which is a few miles north of town. I am prepared to receive grim news, but I am still hopeful. Find whatever you can and let me know my fathers fate. I wish I had more information for you, but my fathers only true friend died nearly a year ago and my father became more reclusive after his passing."

He breaths out as if letting the air out of a bladder, he hands you a map to his fathers hovel and says, "Do you have any more questions?"

Raunchel
2014-09-16, 09:55 AM
"I do find myself wondering if he by any chance had any other acquintances that you know of. Or if there were any groups that he might have been sympathetic to. Such information might be very helopful in uncovering what has happened to him. I promise you that I will do my utmost to find and help your father, and I will return to you as soon as I know more."

LittleCarp04
2014-09-16, 12:39 PM
Nilis thinks on your questons, "He didn't have any other friends that I know of, he usually keeps to himself. I heard about a new neighbor who moved in the closest house to his but its about a mile away from his house, but maybe he will have some information for you? I really appreciate your help in this and whatever you find, your reward will be waiting for you."

When you leave you review he map and see that his fathers house is a few hours walk due north, and consider if there are any other preparations you should make.

Raunchel
2014-09-17, 09:10 AM
I set out at once. I have no idea what I might find but I decide to go there immediately. I will first ask this new neightbour to find out what he might know. I've never yet walked such a distance, and decide to not walk at all. When I pass through the gate I spread my white wings and soar into the air. I love flying, but I wasn't allowed to do so in the abbey. It was considered to be bragging to do so. And humility always was the principal virtue that they taught me. Well, I'm not one of them anymore, and now I can do whatever I want.

The feeling is fantastic, the air under my wings, the landscape. And it is so much easier and faster than walking. I however remain focused on my goal. I compare the map to what I can see from the air. I intend to take the most direct route. I heard that outside cities it can sometimes be dangerous, and I don't want to be caught by bandits of some kind. I however remain relatively close to the ground. I don't know how well I can do this, and when I make a mistake I think that it's better to do so close to the ground than high above it.

LittleCarp04
2014-09-17, 09:29 PM
You make quick time to the hovel and see a small trail of smoke coming from the chimney and everything looks to be well kept. A short distance away you see another house with a young man standing outside tending a garden, he looks surprised to see you flying looking at Kirin's house but he waves cautiously toward you.

Raunchel
2014-09-18, 10:51 AM
Below me I see a man waving at me. I presume that this will be the neighbour. Of course, there is smoke from the hermit's house, but I think that it will be better to first find out a bit more about him from this person. So I come down to land. "Greeting! My name is Serdynage and I was wondering if you had heard anything about the man who lives in the house in that direction?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]. I know that this probably isn't the best way to go about this, but Drimanai still is quite a naive person.

LittleCarp04
2014-09-18, 08:59 PM
"Pleasure to meet you Serdynage," he says with a sly smile and a devious glint to his eyes. "I have seen old Kirin just yesterday and he was doing fine, is there a problem? We can go see him if you like, allow me to lead the way."

As he turns to lead the way you notice he is casting magic, but you expected this kind of treachery from the start and weren't surprised by his actions. He stretches his arm a gross distance and you see his fist which sparks with electricity reach out and slap you solidly across the chest, but the magic fizzles against your natural resistance to arcane power. He looks surprised and somewhat taken a back when that happens and grabs at a farm impliment stuck in the ground. The stick you assumed was a farm tool is revealed to be a finely crafted spear which he brings across in a guard stance.

Roll Initiative.

Initiative for the man:[roll0]

On his turn he is casting shocking grasp, using is Long Limbs ability to touch you from 5 ft away.
Overcome SR: [roll1]
Touch attack: [roll2]
Damage(-10 Electricity Resistance): [roll3]

Raunchel
2014-09-19, 05:22 AM
"But, this is violence!" I exclaim. I don't know what to do, I've never been attacked before, I don't even know how to fight. I rise up into the sky, I want to stay away from that spear for now. But I have to disable him. But that takes time. I have some ideas, but violence is such a horrible thing. I prepare myself with my magic, and ready my staff. If I have to do this, I will have to do it with a plan.

Initiative: [roll0]
She uses her move action to escape upwards, where she will cast shield, blur and protection from evil. She makes him the target of her studied combatas well. Then, unless something happens in between (She is 60 ft up in the sky) She will charge downwards to hit him with the quarterstaff and she will use inspiration to incease her chance to hit.

To hit: [roll1]+[roll2], damage: [roll3]

LittleCarp04
2014-09-19, 09:44 AM
As you fly up to escape his attempt to hurt you further, you see him take a moment and focus himself, he pulls a small dagger from under his gardening frock and cuts his hand splashing the blood on the ground and speaking a mystic phrase. With a audible popping sound and a puff of sulphuric smoke you see a tall devil of some sort standing at attention, you hear the man speaking in a foul language and recognize it as infernal, "Nilfishnee, summon Zalbrezu and keep this one busy, I must report to the others that someone has come looking for Kirin."

With that the man turns and enters his house leaving he devil standing guard in front of the door. Your thorough knowledge of the planes and extraplanar entities allow you to recognize this creature as a bearded devil, a powerful front line fighter in the armies of the hells. You know it has the natural ability to teleport around and summon other creatures of its kind.

If you want to still attack the man you can charge at him from height and attack him but in that round the devil will use its summon ability, unless you attack it directly, which it will still likely summon another.

Raunchel
2014-09-19, 10:22 AM
A devil? This man must be truly evil then. Which is exactly what I need. I can learn from this. But there is the slight issue of bypassing this devil. I don't exactly have a lot of options for this situation. I'm no warrior and such a creature would be the end of me. What would Arathea do? She would use her great and powerful magic to slay everyone within a mile, and then raise them to serve her. But apart from that she wouldn't risk herself being injured. But I need that gold. I need it a lot, at my current pace I'm burning through the little supply quite quickly.

These people will obviously be connected to both other issues, but there has to be a way. Of course, there are always other ways than violence. I remain beyond the reach of the wicked-looking monster, but also at a speaking distance. I address it in Infernal, I know the language but I fear that I might still have an accent: "Greetings, oh Barbazu. I am Drimanai, and I have no intention for violence. Do not be fooled by my appearance, I have abandoned my heritage long ago. In peace we can cooperate towards our goals, without needing to risk ourselves needlessly."

And it's diplomacy time: [roll0]+[roll1]. I assumed that Drimanai would know a bit about Bearded Devils, mostly because she is quite a scholar, and with a total bonus of 19+1d6 and the ability to take ten she would have a total result between 30 and 35.

LittleCarp04
2014-09-21, 09:26 PM
The devil looks at you with open malice in its eyes, ignoring your words initially it try to follow its orders and attempts to summon its companion as ordered by the man who ran inside the house. With an audible *pop* and a sudden smell of sulfur another bearded devil pops into existence.

Nilfishnee the first devil turns to the one, who you assume to be Zalbrezu, and they seem to be speaking back and forth but they aren't conversing, you then remember that these devils can speak through their mind alone, you see them spreading out below you and then Nilfishnee turns and looks up, "*speaking in Celestial*Do you understand this as well girl?" When it is clear you do, he continues, "If the other mortal is listening in it is likely he will not understand this, you are fortunate that he said only to keep you busy and did not specifically command me to kill you, for that is all that is saving you now.

You claim you have abandoned your heritage and the fact you are not attacking me now does support that fact, but yet you are here and for some reason these mortals have been afraid that someone would discover them for weeks now and have been making grand preparations for that possibility.

Maybe we can come to an agreement that is amicable for both of us. What is it that you are seeking here? We should work together and to acheive the goals we want instead of fighting each other, and there is nothing to gain in that except your death. I swear to not attack you without provocation and as long as you do not show aggression we have no reason to spill your blood, we are fulfilling our contract either way by "keeping you busy" as the other mortal put it."

As he is speaking the other devil realizes that no immediate threat is likely and is now cleaning out his claws with the end of his glaive and is confusedly looking at the garden as if it doesn't understand the purpose of such a place.

Summon % roll:[roll0] (Success on 51+)
We will assume that your diplomacy has improved his mood a step and he has been speaking for the remainder of the minute for diplomacy to take effect.

Raunchel
2014-09-23, 10:52 AM
It speaks in the celestial tongue, the tongue of my youth. "I can understand you", I reply before he continues. He wants a truce, that's soemthing that I can use, or rather, something that I need. I don't really fancy my chances in a fight with such a creature, Arathea would win easily, but I'm not her equal, not yet at least. One night I will finally find her, and together we will make the world shiver. "I am here because I escaped the convent where I was raised. I am still wearing the white robes of a priestess of Andoletta, but I have forsaken the service of that goddess. But I found myself needing gold. The son of Kirin offers a great reward for information about his father, and it seemed like it would be a simple thing to find. But that gold is only an instrument for my true quest. I am looking for information on the great mage Arathea, she once fell, but I believe that it is possible to return her to this world, to herald in an age of darkness."

I learned quite some of those phrases from my books, but saying it feels good, very good. I continue: "But I wonder, what is it that you require, honoured Nilfishnee?"

LittleCarp04
2014-09-24, 04:28 PM
As you speak Nilfishnee seems to be thinking to himself, "Well as an educated lady I am sure you are aware that we often make contracts with mortals to our mutual benefits, but it is always a delicate balance to not violate any of the contracts that we currently have, and we should truly consider ourselves fortunate that I am only to keep you busy for that is going to allow us to open up all sorts of options for us.

I am willing to offer you a great many things that can help you on your true goal. I am not familiar with this mage Arathea but I do know that if you wish to bring her back into this world, what these mortals are doing here is of great interest to you. I can grant you many boons but of course must ask some small favors in return." He turns to Zalbrezu, and after a moment he disappears with a small pop.

"So we will make this official, I am taking some educated guesses that since turning from Andoletta your goddess has declined to send you any of her divine magic, we can help you fill that void. Asmodeus will be happy to answer your requests for power. But of course you will have to start praying to him, but Asmodeus seems to be the kind of god you would revere already, he prides himself on power and using what tools are at his disposal to gain more of it.

Of course I think that you will still find what is happening here with Kirin and these other mortals to be very interesting, but I think you may be poorly suited for what they may have prepared to stop anyone looking too deeply into it. In addition to the power I can grant you through Asmodeus, I can also expedite your reasearch here and allow you directly into the hovel that you came to research.

For this considerable power I will only ask for a few simple favors. Three times hence I or one of my agents shall call upon you to perform minor deeds that should be within your power. I will of course need you to sign an agreement so that you don't back out on our terms. I am not going to force you into anything, but if you do not wish to form a lucrative partnership then me and Zalbrezu, upon his return along with other associates of ours will be forced to actively stop you from pursuing any further information into this mystery you have been hired to find the answer to."

It was then that Zalbrezu reappared followed immediately by a larger man shaped devil standing nearly seven foot tall. You recognize him immediately and know that is a very powerful devil known, Phistophilus, or a Contract Devil. They rarely leave the nine hells and are mostly there managing contracts and acting as a sort of lawyer.

As he speaks a voice much smoother and would be expected from his body flows forth, "Hello, Zalbrezu has informed me you wish to enter in an agreement with Niflishnee to your mutual benefit. I have prepared a contract that matches the terms which Nilfishnee has described, please review it and decide if it is something you find amicable."

MATERIAL PLANE, Being the FOURTH incarnation of the THIRD Cycle of Mortality, on file in Fallen Fastness 9485785,68863:2141,70036233. This is a lawful contract between Nilfishnee, hereinafter called “COVENANTER” and Drimanai former Priestess of Andoletta, hereinafter called “COSIGNATORY.” Their names used for this pact only. HERETOFORE shall the efforts of the COVENANTER be bound to the COSIGNATORY to the effect of the following terms. 1) The granting of divine access through the COVENANTER, in accordance with the holy rites of Asmodeus power will be granted to COSIGNATORY. This agent’s term of service to continue into perpetuity or upon the complete fulfillment of this pact. In addition to the power granted through prayer to Asmodeus the COSIGNATORY can summon through Asmodeus' favor a gout of Hellfire one time per day. 2) The boon of advice and help through any agent of the COVENANTER granted to the COSIGNATORY throughout the time this contract is in effect. In recompense, upon request of the COVENANTER the COSIGNATORY will without delay or disagreement perform whatever request the COVENANTER requires. Three such requests will be required throughout the terms of this contract. No request shall be considered part of this agreement unless the COVENANTER specifically requests the act via the phrase "per our contract I require". Upon completion of these terms but not withholding completion of them, upon the cessation of mortal continuation, the COSIGNATORY binds all personal efforts, agendas, service, and attendance to the COVENANTER, to employ or dispose of as individually deemed fit, or at the demand of masters whose names are struck from this contract yet known by the foresigned to be the ones whose hands guide these words. In code 9485784, 3728.7845, 9888491. Subject to the veto of the Nine, honor to their names and Asmodeus most high. Signed in blood and bound by soul.

Raunchel
2014-09-25, 07:57 AM
I thoroughly read the contract. I know that I need this help, but I've aways been taught that I should never ever talk to outsiders like these, and especially not to make any deals with them. Luckily I have experience with contracts, one of the duties of my order was keeping them. And sometimes they contain the most interesting little bits of knowledge. I read it carefully, for loophole that might make me vulnerable, or that exceed what was said earlier. I of course also look for ways to exploit it myself, should it come to that.

And praying to Asmodeus. It goes against everything they told me to do, everything I once held dear. And it holds an immese appeal. It would be a thoroughly evil thing to do. I however know only little about the correct prayers, but from what I do understand I think that I will be able to find my way around that. And with this aid, perhaps, I could finally find Arathea and gain what I truly desire.

Knowledge(religion): [roll0]

LittleCarp04
2014-09-25, 08:54 AM
Was there something specific you were looking to learn with that religion check? With a nat 20 we can assume your character has full knowledge of the church of Asmodeus and any of his holy information (much of which can be found here if you aren't familiar with his clergy : Asmodeus (http://www.pathfindercommunity.net/gods-of-golarion/Asmodeus)) The Hellfire gout is this ability :
Hellfire Blast (Sp): You can use delayed blast fireball once per day as a spell-like ability to throw a sphere of soul- scouring hellfire. The hellfire is a distinctive mixture of black and crimson flames in which screaming devilish faces can be seen twisting and writhing. Half the damage from this spell is fire, while the other half is unholy. This damage modification applies only to the delayed blast fireball you create through this boon, not to any other spells, effects, or attacks.

Raunchel
2014-09-25, 09:02 AM
Was there something specific you were looking to learn with that religion check? With a nat 20 we can assume your character has full knowledge of the church of Asmodeus and any of his holy information (much of which can be found here if you aren't familiar with his clergy : Asmodeus (http://www.pathfindercommunity.net/gods-of-golarion/Asmodeus)) The Hellfire gout is this ability :
Hellfire Blast (Sp): You can use delayed blast fireball once per day as a spell-like ability to throw a sphere of soul- scouring hellfire. The hellfire is a distinctive mixture of black and crimson flames in which screaming devilish faces can be seen twisting and writhing. Half the damage from this spell is fire, while the other half is unholy. This damage modification applies only to the delayed blast fireball you create through this boon, not to any other spells, effects, or attacks.

"These terms seem mostly acceptable to me, but I would prefer there to be a clause to the effect that these requests be limited in the danger they would pose to me. Some level of risk of course is acceptable and to be expected, but I would prefer to see it added that a request is limited to those that do not unduly endanger my person, and that do not violate any other vows or contracts that bind me."

I was hoping to find out if there were any loopholes in the contract, getting Drimanai into trouble. I didn't see anything, but English is my third language and I wanted to make sure.

LittleCarp04
2014-09-25, 09:38 AM
After reviewing the document and requesting a slight modification, the contract devil agrees that no request of Nilfishnee will be unduly dangerous, but that if a request were to cause your death, the pact is not void or changed in any way. As you read the contract you understand that if you were to die, you will be unable to be resurrected and your soul will belong to Nilfishnee, with your thorough knowledge of the planes and religion, you assume he will use your soul to purchase his way up the infernal hierarchy.

"Ok lady, I will agree to that, no reason to have you dying before your time. Of course keep in mind that we can't know the full extent of any danger you may encounter on a request that we ask of you. If you agree, please sign at the bottom, he flourishes his hand and an exquisite flouted pen appears, "And keep in mind that having our Lord Asmodeus' power put into your head will be... *uncomfortable* to say the least, but it will also allow you to if you choose, forsake your celestial heritage and embrace a form more akin to your goals, of course that is your option."

So you can choose if you like, to change your Half Celestial template for a Half Fiend Template, that is essentially the same, but of course changes a few spell like abilities. Also you can go through and choose your clerical abilities as normal, using Asmodeus as your new deity. After signing you will gain a full days worth of spells, as well as access to the Hellfire Blast ability once per day.

Also Ill just say that there is not any devious trickery as far as the contract goes, in basic terms, you will have to do three favors to be named at unspecified times int eh future and he will get your soul upon your death which means no resurrection.

Raunchel
2014-09-29, 10:01 AM
"Then I accept, but I'd rather keep my current appearance, I think that it is more suitable for my goals. To appear like one descended from the heavenly hosts has always been a boon to me.", I say as I take the pen in my hand. I then sign the contract.

I will edit in the cleric casting, and the Hellfire Blast of course.

LittleCarp04
2014-09-29, 08:56 PM
As you sign you feel weakness overcome you slightly and then realize that the pen is signing the paper in your own blood.

"Now this may hurt a bit", the Contract Devil says as he rolls up the contract and places it in a tube on a slot on his waist.

He then reaches over and presses his right thumb into your forehead, where an intense burning pain starts and expands through your mind into the most horrific pain you could ever imagine.

It flowers in your brain and focuses from a broad pain into a tiny pinpoint which jabs into the region where you used to feel Andoletta's embrace, it burns any last vestiges of her from your brain and replaces it with the iron grip of Asmodeus, you almost hear his sly laugh as intense power pours into your brain and fills you with spells of unholy might. You also hear a far away scream that sounds like an old grandmother wailing over the loss of her granddaughter.

Then a tingle starts at your fingertips and a gradual warmth flows up your arms and turns into a fire that even dwarfs the pain in your head, hellfire flows from your hand and burns a circle on the ground under you which then forms into a pentagram, the holy symbol of Asmodeus. The fire burns your wings and the feathers fall from them into a pile of burned ash and all you are left with is a smoking skeleton where your wings used to be.

You focus your will and the feathers begin to regrow and the pain starts to fade, the fires end and the only sign left of this horrific event is a light scar in the shape of his pentagram remains on your left bicep, barely visible but you know you will never be able to un-see it any time you look at your arm.

"Well that went about as well as we could have hoped," He says then turns to Nilfishnee, "Pleasure doing business with you, remember that you need to collect on Rigarius, he has been... difficult to obtain. Oh and Drimanai, welcome to the family."

Raunchel
2014-09-30, 10:49 AM
I feel sick, but strong at the same time. This is something new, something spectacular even. The fire hurts, more than anything has ever hurt me, but I won't scream. While I burn I utter only one word: "Arathea"The fire takes something else than just my white feathers, it takes parts of me. I fell, but when I stand up again and my feathers return I feel stronger. As though those things that held me back were taken from me. I am reborn, but still the same in essence. But my will is stronger now, and I am more focused. I know what I want. I want Arathea and if the whole world must burn for us to be together I will set the flames myself.

"The pleasure was all mine, although some parts might not have been entirely pleasing. I am confident that our agreement will prove more than profitable to all involved parties."

LittleCarp04
2014-09-30, 10:17 PM
The contract devil disappears with a quiet pop, Nilfishnee looks at the sky, "*in common now*Well it appears that I have "kept you busy" for long enough, you are free to pursue the man through the house I am sure, and you should be able to handle them easily now with your new power, or if you like we can bypass their troubles and I can take you directly to Kirin's hovel."

Raunchel
2014-10-03, 08:06 AM
I am of two minds in this regard. On one hand I want all of this over with, find the information and take the funds. But on the other hand, the man inside might have information, and he might have seen things that I want to keep a secret. That clears it up for me.

"I will pursue this man, he might be aware of too much. And he did attack me once already, I don't belief in sparing enemies, no matter how insignificant they might seem to be."

I go after this fool, he will pay for attacking me.

LittleCarp04
2014-10-05, 05:24 PM
You head to the house and find the door odly unlocked and enter a dark and dingy single roomed house, the smell of recent cooking sets your stomach to motion in hunger, and you see the room is unoccupied but that there is an open hatch in the floor with a set of stairs leading down, but you didn't see any external entry to a cellar outside the property so this may be a hidden room or passage.

On the table is a small notebook along with other parchment and writing materials, and a small fire is burning out slowly in the hearth.

Raunchel
2014-10-06, 10:28 AM
I follow my first instinct, which remains one of paper. I first look into the fire, perhaps there are remnants of papers there that must be saved. If there are any I will immediately take them out. Otherwise I simply scan over the papers that I find, and put them away in my robes. My need for knowledge overrides all. I have read about those who burn their papers, but I would never do that. I would at most hide my diaries, so if I ever pass away my knowledge won't be lost.

LittleCarp04
2014-10-07, 10:02 PM
When you see the fire you rush over but no trace of any papers can be found, if there were any papers there then the devils job to keep you busy was truly successful.

Raunchel
2014-10-15, 06:06 AM
I quickly glance over the papers left over the table, before heading down to the basement.