PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [PEACH] Fighter Rewrite - Deed Focused

Roxxy
2014-09-12, 12:02 AM
I also went with emphasizing Wisdom and intuition, because, in my eyes, a fighter is a seasoned veteran, and getting to that point for a swordsman on the same battlefield as mages, barbarians, and monsters means being as wise, perceptive, and quick to react as he is strong. So, here goes:

Fighter (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wynbB44rAwSKUN3MzGY4oQiBq7Yts65GyIx2AH-0laM/edit?usp=sharing)

It's still a beta release, of course. The deeds aren't quite right yet. So, what do you guys think it needs? What don't you think it needs? What is underwhelming?

The class abilities that are on the progression table but not described below are exactly as core rules.

Oh, also important to note that I consider combat expertise part of the system, not a feat. Working on other adjustments to the feat system to remove useless taxes or boost flagging trees. TWF probably ends up scaling with level.

gr8artist
2014-09-12, 02:21 PM
For one thing, center the text in the BAB and saves columns. Having numbers adjacent to text makes it a little harder to read at a glance.
I'd give him Reflex instead of Will saves. Possibly throw in some specific saves vs fear, though.
VC should be optional, in case I build an intelligent fighter.
Why call it "Wit" instead of "Grit" when there's already a mechanic in place for Grit. Changing it to grit might allow more multiclassing w/ Gunslinger or benefitting from some GS items. Also, Wit and Wis are too similar and someone, somewhere, will get confused.
Your methods of regaining wit seem odd. Why would killing people give you inspiration and insight?
Your decision to give him features based on Wisdom is interesting, but ultimately not helpful in terms of balance. Look at the monk. Monks need good Str, Con, Dex, and Wis. Asking your fighter (already spread thin over the 3 physical scores) to invest in Wisdom is ultimately notn helping him. Give him the ability to replace his need for other attributes, somehow, and you might have something. Wisdom instead of Dex might work well, for attack rolls and AC and such.
He gets Tactical Flexibility before getting any bonus combat feats.
Your deeds look good. You may want to clarify some of them, though.
Rough and Ready looks too good. Make the number of dice scale with level (1 + 1/4 HD) so it's 2 at 7th, 3 at 8th, 4 at 12th, 5 at 16th, and 6 at 20th. Jumping from d10s to d12s is barely worth mentioning.
Armor and Weapon Training as the PF fighter?