PDA

View Full Version : Cheese cleric race

defiantdan
2014-09-12, 05:48 AM
Greetings giants,

I'm looking to the board for some really really cheese cleric races + templates(no higher than +1 LA). It is a high OP game. Evil. Everyone is worshipping atropus and the overall campaign is to draw him to us.

I have the build all setup. Just need something to keep pace with a spellhoarding loredrake dragonwraught kobold.

Wacky89
2014-09-12, 06:03 AM
Feral Unseelie Fey lesser Asimaar

from feral you get pounce/fasthealing which works with polymorph

defiantdan
2014-09-12, 06:09 AM
it's going to be a holy fighter cleric but with heavy use of polymorph.

Taveena
2014-09-12, 06:16 AM
Given it's an Evil campaign you have a great opportunity here to try either Lolth-Touched (+6 str +6 con) or Half-Minotaur (the cheesiest +1 template - mostly because it explicitly states that if you go up a size category, you gain the stats as though you were a monster advancing a size category on TOP of the racial stats). The int penalty doesn't hurt much - for a base you could go with human (delicious bonus feats), Aasimar (kinda weird fluffwise, but the stat boosts would make you an incredible cleric)... most medium races work here, really. Half-Minotaur Changeling (no, you must have me mistaken for another inexplicably 10 foot tall man). Raptoran for free flight is fun.

Caster-wise... Dragonwrought Kobold is always wonderful. Harder to work with divine cheese - though +3 to all mental stats is very nice - but arguably (if Kobolds are true dragons, a debate I won't get into here) you should be able to take Sorceror levels with the Lightkeeper Sovereign Archetype, allowing you to take Cleric spells instead of Sorceror ones. Combine this with the Greater Draconic Rite of Passage for a free level of spellcasting advancement. Whee!

defiantdan
2014-09-12, 06:19 AM
Given it's an Evil campaign you have a great opportunity here to try either Lolth-Touched (+6 str +6 con) or Half-Minotaur (the cheesiest +1 template - mostly because it explicitly states that if you go up a size category, you gain the stats as though you were a monster advancing a size category on TOP of the racial stats). The int penalty doesn't hurt much - for a base you could go with human (delicious bonus feats), Aasimar (kinda weird fluffwise, but the stat boosts would make you an incredible cleric)... most medium races work here, really. Half-Minotaur Changeling (no, you must have me mistaken for another inexplicably 10 foot tall man). Raptoran for free flight is fun.

Caster-wise... Dragonwrought Kobold is always wonderful. Harder to work with divine cheese - though +3 to all mental stats is very nice - but arguably (if Kobolds are true dragons, a debate I won't get into here) you should be able to take Sorceror levels with the Lightkeeper Sovereign Archetype, allowing you to take Cleric spells instead of Sorceror ones. Combine this with the Greater Draconic Rite of Passage for a free level of spellcasting advancement. Whee!

Thank you very much for this :) I was hoping divine casters had a spellhoarding equivalent. Is the half minotaur worth it with access to polymorph?

Taveena
2014-09-12, 06:28 AM
Technically you could have both Lightkeeper /and/ Spellhoarding, which, yeah, would mean Wizard casting but also Cleric spells. Pseudo-archivist, yaaaay. Anyway, Half Minotaur probably won't be worth it (and neither would lolth-touched) but there are a lot of templates that don't help much after bein' polymorphed. Even Feral's Ex fast healing would go away. Unseelie Fae template would help a great deal, but that's +0. The Divine Minion (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a) template would give you an at-will Wildshape into a specific form, which could be fun. Dark Creature (ToM) is pretty solid. Quasilycanthrope (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040721a)gets you DR 10/silver...

Zaq
2014-09-12, 10:44 AM
It's better for Druids than for Clerics, but the anthropomorphic bat (Savage Species) has a +6 WIS and a native fly speed for LA 0.

Drackstin
2014-09-12, 11:08 AM
human + half-minotaur + dustform + incarnate construct + primordial giant.

torrasque666
2014-09-12, 11:21 AM
human + half-minotaur + dustform + incarnate construct + primordial giant.

Not valid. Both Dustform and Incarnate are acquired templates, while Primordial Giant is an inherited. Inherited are applied before Acquired.

Drackstin
2014-09-12, 11:25 AM
Not valid. Both Dustform and Incarnate are acquired templates, while Primordial Giant is an inherited. Inherited are applied before Acquired.

i wonder why so many people say to use this, also when you get incarnate construct aren't you reborn as a human or giant?

Zubrowka74
2014-09-12, 11:39 AM
French human, really the cheesemasters.

torrasque666
2014-09-12, 11:49 AM
i wonder why so many people say to use this, also when you get incarnate construct aren't you reborn as a human or giant?

because people here tend to "forget" a rule when it becomes inconvienent.

Incarnate Construct changes your type only. Doesn't say anything about being able to apply other templates that are inherited or anything like that. Take the example of a Warforged, given that its the easiest player race to apply Incarnate Construct to. Once Incarnated, you are still a Warforged, just your type changes from Construct to Humanoid(or in the case of a Charger, Construct to Giant). You can't automatically become a Phrenic Warforged for example. Just doesn't contain the text.

Dragonborn of Bahamut for example, allows you to switch one of your feats with a feat that normally requires the Dragonblood subtype and can only be taken at 1st, even though you can become a Dragonborn after 1st level. Renegade Mastermaker 10 also allows you to take a 1st level Warforged feat even though you are not 1st level. Incarnate construct contains no similar language.