PDA

View Full Version : Immunity to everything

Lanson
2014-09-12, 01:34 PM
In a game I'm currently running, there is a powerful dry lich emperor, and the party wants to wipe him from the planet, now his phlacteries are well hidden but I want to know how many immunities we can stack on him, can be through races, spells, templates, feats, classes, anything! Only requurement is that the immunities come online pre-epic

heavyfuel
2014-09-12, 02:03 PM
I'm on mobile now, but look up the Twice Betrayer of Shar. It's a build focused on having as many immunities as possible through Persistent Spell (and Bone Knight levels). My personal favorite thing to do with the build is add a single Spelldancer level to get even more spells persisted.

Uncle Pine
2014-09-13, 12:21 PM
I'm not sure I really understand what you're trying to do (what's the point in stacking immunities on your enemy? How would that benefit you in any way), but the easiest way to be immune to everything is to fuse with an ice assassin aleax of yourself and after that manifest astral seed and commit seppuku: now the only thing that can hinder you is yourself!

gooddragon1
2014-09-13, 12:32 PM
A simple form of immunity to almost everything (except dispelling): Timeless Body (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/timelessBody.htm)

It's a psionic power as follows...

Timeless Body
Psychoportation
Level: Psion/wilder 9
Display: Material
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round
Power Points: 17

Your body ignores all harmful (and helpful) effects, beginning when you finish manifesting this power and ending at the end of your next turn. While timeless body is in effect, you are invulnerable to all attacks and powers.

This power cannot be quickened.

Theomniadept
2014-09-13, 04:44 PM
Metamind PrC: Use Font of Power, manifest Timeless Body (immune to everything), then Schism forever till you win.

Without shenanigans the Saint template adds immunity to cold, electricity, acid, and petrification. Could always add that to an undead template like Dry Lich gained from Walker in the Waste.

Jack_Simth
2014-09-13, 05:11 PM
Straight-up immunity to everything:

Warforged Sorcerer-10/Master Transforgifist-10. Pick up the Reserves of Strength feat.

One spell known: Polymorph Any Object.
One Favoured Shape: Ocean Giant.

Turn into an Ocean Giant (immune to bludgeoning damage) using Reserves of Strength on Polymorph Any Object to increase the HD cap. Use Infinite Variety to grab the Invulnerability special quality (immunity to everything except bludgeoning damage) off of a Zodar. So you're immune to everything except bludgeoning, and immune to that too. Theoretically, this includes dispelling, antimagic fields, and planar traits. Do it right, and you've got like a week per casting. Doesn't matter that you only cast as a Sorcerer-16.

I'm not sure I really understand what you're trying to do (what's the point in stacking immunities on your enemy? How would that benefit you in any way), but the easiest way to be immune to everything is to fuse with an ice assassin aleax of yourself and after that manifest astral seed and commit seppuku: now the only thing that can hinder you is yourself!
The OP is running the game.

maniacalmojo
2014-09-14, 02:00 AM
Throwing this out there, the death knight template makes your undead guy immune to turn attempts because its really funny to turn the BBEG

Feint's End
2014-09-14, 04:44 AM
Metamind PrC: Use Font of Power, manifest Timeless Body (immune to everything), then Schism forever till you win.

Care to explain yourself? First off unless you are an ardent you won't get any 9th level powers pretty epic.

Secondly how will you keep up your timeless body (even assuming you can boost your ml to 23 from 15 somehow so you can schism it)? At most you can do this for 10 rounds without losing pp and then they will quickly start running out.

Thirdly by RAW the 3.0 persist for psionics can do the trick even if it is ridiculously overpowered. Increase cost by 8 and voila (25 overall). 3 via overchannel, 1 via torc +1 more ml (can be done by midnight augmenting it) or -2 cost via metapower.

Edit: on a sidenote this is probably a little over the top and also quite poorly worded. If read in some ways it makes you literally unkillable and that isn't something you want to throw at your party.

Belial_the_Leveler
2014-09-14, 06:38 AM
Turn into an Ocean Giant (immune to bludgeoning damage) using Reserves of Strength on Polymorph Any Object to increase the HD cap. Use Infinite Variety to grab the Invulnerability special quality (immunity to everything except bludgeoning damage) off of a Zodar.
It's not immunity to everything. It's immunity to attacks, specifically. Anything that isn't an attack can affect you just fine. If it were immunity to everything, your Polymorph would end as soon as you got it because "everything" would include "polymorphing".

timeless body
I don't reccomend this. You're immune to beneficial effects other than this power. This means;
1) No benefitting from magic items. They're [sp] effects.
2) Can't teleport.
3) Can't get see invisible or true seeing.
4) Can't benefit from any buffs. This includes Schism and Font of Power.

Jack_Simth
2014-09-14, 09:25 AM
It's not immunity to everything. It's immunity to attacks, specifically. Anything that isn't an attack can affect you just fine. If it were immunity to everything, your Polymorph would end as soon as you got it because "everything" would include "polymorphing".
OK, yes, you have to be careful not to step into lava voluntarily (can't get bull rushed in, that's an attack), walk around in forest fires, get hit by natural lightning, et cetera. However, such challenges are fairly easy to get around for the level we're apparently talking about. Anything you'll need to actually worry about on a day to day basis, however, is going to be an attack (possibly an indirect attack, as in the case of someone causing a cave-in). So yeah, you'll want to tack on Energy Immunity (all five varieties), have Plane Shift or Dismissal available in case you end up on the wrong plane somehow, and take teleport to go with Still Spell and Silent Spell... but you've got very, very little to worry about.

Edit: Oh yes, and there's a line in the Saving Throw section of the Magic Overview (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#savingThrow): "A creature can voluntarily forego a saving throw and willingly accept a spell’s result. Even a character with a special resistance to magic can suppress this quality." - the PHB example has an elf accepting a sleep spell. So no, the Polymorph would not immediately end.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-09-14, 09:41 AM
I found this: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?284334-Indestrable-Character#7)

Shapechange -> Zodar -> Wish -> Scroll of Ice Assassin of an Aleax of you -> shift to non Zodar form -> Zodar -> Wish for a Power Stone of Fusion -> shift to non Zodar form -> Zodar -> Wish for a Power Stone of Astral Seed -> shift to non Zodar form -> Zodar -> Wish for a Thought Bottle -> Use Power Stone of of Fusion on Ice Assassin -> Use Power Stone of Astral Seed -> Use Thought Bottle -> Kill yourself -> Return from Astral Seed -> Use Thought Bottle to regain lost level.

There you go, now the only one who can ever harm you is you thanks to Singular Enemy (Ex). Total cost was 3,825 GP for the Scroll of Shapechange.

Val666
2014-09-14, 10:36 AM
Warforged Puglist 1 (Shake it Off) with Improved Resilency feat becomes inmune to damage.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-09-14, 10:48 AM
Warforged Puglist 1 (Shake it Off) with Improved Resilency feat becomes inmune to damage.

"Shake it Off: The pugilist develops non-lethal damage only and reduces the duration of all stunning effects by 1 round, with a minimum of 1 round. The pugilist can take this ability multiple times; its effects stack."

That word develops, after reviewing the English definition (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/develop?s=t), would lead me to believe that a Pugilist is only capable of improving their damage output if it deals nonlethal damage, not that they can only receive nonlethal damage.

Val666
2014-09-14, 10:55 AM
"Shake it Off: The pugilist develops non-lethal damage only and reduces the duration of all stunning effects by 1 round, with a minimum of 1 round. The pugilist can take this ability multiple times; its effects stack."

That word develops, after reviewing the English definition (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/develop?s=t), would lead me to believe that a Pugilist is only capable of improving their damage output if it deals nonlethal damage, not that they can only receive nonlethal damage.

Well there are other definitions right :v? Ok, what I meant is that Shake It Off is open to interpretation and depends on DM (at the moments, all my DM agreed with it)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-09-14, 12:07 PM
Well there are other definitions right :v? Ok, what I meant is that Shake It Off is open to interpretation and depends on DM (at the moments, all my DM agreed with it)

So, you actually convinced a DM that a 1-level dip can make it so any character ever cannot ever be killed by hp damage, only knocked unconscious? Ok....

Tanuki Tales
2014-09-14, 12:46 PM
So, you actually convinced a DM that a 1-level dip can make it so any character ever cannot ever be killed by hp damage, only knocked unconscious? Ok....

I do hear that many tables don't allow characters to die unless they have express permission to let it happen or because of gross stupidity/incompetence.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-09-14, 01:24 PM
I do hear that many tables don't allow characters to die unless they have express permission to let it happen or because of gross stupidity/incompetence.

Our regular DM used to be like that. Then I ran a game for a bit, and my whole group realized that PC mortality was actually a good thing. It was one session in particular, they had an encounter with some ooze mephits who just wanted to be left alone, but the Bard's player decided he would rather have the XP for killing them. As soon as he attacked their Otyugh buddy popped out of the filth mound and grabbed him, and nearly grabbed the Druid as well. The Bard was a negative hp and would have died to the Otyugh's constricts the following round had they not finished it off in time, and it would have been multiple dead PCs if the Druid was grabbed initially. That same session they went up the stairs into a room full of Grells, the Bard and Druid, not being frontliners, tried to stay on the stairs which were open to the rest of the room. Three of the room's eight Grells descended on them, the Druid rushed up the stairs to join the rest of the party and two followed him, but one stayed and paralyzed the Bard. An entire turn went by and nobody did anything about the Bard on the stairs, so that Grell plunged its beak into the top of the Bard's head with a Coup de Grace. Luckily it doesn't do much damage and he was a Savage Bard and made the Fort save to survive. After that session, the Druid's player explained to the Bard's player, "Nate's not Jimmie, he'll kill us!" Overall it was an extremely fun but short-lived game, and it really impacted everyone's views on the possibility of PC death.