PDA

View Full Version : Help with Witch Slayer (Tome of Magic)

Kevingway
2014-09-12, 04:42 PM
Hey guys,

First, I want to reference this thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?198747-Optimizing-a-witch-slayer-s-%28ToM-prc%29-disjunction-ability

Now that that's out of the way... what else? BUT WAIT, there's more:

I don't want to use standard Witch Slayer. The adaptation allows you to swap out the situational Smite for another situational Smite, Smite Evil. Of course, all Smites are situational, but at least Smite Evil is more universal. Now that that's out of the way, how can I be using Smite on everything? I know there are non-class ways, I just can't remember what.

And as the thread says, how can we beef up that magic-stopping ability other than what's listed there? And also give some other goodies for beefing up Slippery Mind and Mettle?

Thanks!

Kraken
2014-09-12, 06:15 PM
The tabard of valor (Complete Champion magic item) can get you improved mettle, though you'll need to UMD it to get its effects while at full HP. Just use the activate blindly option if your DM isn't able to set a DC for fooling it into thinking you're wounded - it's just about as plausible as fooling a magic item into thinking you're a particular race, gender, etc.

Kevingway
2014-09-12, 08:50 PM
Seems like that would make sense. I'll see!

Shinken
2014-09-13, 12:41 AM
Kiloren is a race that grants smite-anything.

Kevingway
2014-09-13, 10:53 AM
But I have separate smites from two different sources, then--I'd rather convert what I have or get something just like what the Slayer gets that can simultaneously be converted.

Chronos
2014-09-13, 01:58 PM
Killoren don't have smite-anything; it's limited to certain creature types. That said, though, it's a pretty long list of creature types, covering the most common ones. IIRC, it includes humanoids, undead, outsiders, aberrations, and oozes.